WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Optimum Optoma Projector Options

With these projectors, you basically get to run your own movie theater; why not charge people to enter your living room? Set up a concession stand, and before you know it you’ll be rolling in the dough- hey! Is that outside food? Get that out of here! If you want Junior Mints, you have to buy them from me! Darn kids these days...
Optoma USA official site

l337600ch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages l337600ch

Wow... The PlayTime projector, having both the factory refurb and the new model both? With only $20 difference. Seems clear to me which one would be the better buy, the new one. Extra warranty and assurances it will work.

eastcobbler

quality posts: 9 Private Messages eastcobbler

I love my HD180 I got a year ago. Highly recommend!

galleywest

quality posts: 1 Private Messages galleywest

I got the GT200 earlier this summer and I love it. I use it almost daily, and it's been a great replacement for a tv at my summer sublet. I would recommend it!

Binkles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Binkles

Will the Optoma BG-ZD101-RFBA DLP Link 3D Glasses work with the my Optoma HD33 projector?

HD33 is a 3D DLP, so the description says it will... I just don't find anything on Google linking the two which makes me skeptical.

Binkles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Binkles
Binkles wrote:Will the Optoma BG-ZD101-RFBA DLP Link 3D Glasses work with the my Optoma HD33 projector?

HD33 is a 3D DLP, so the description says it will... I just don't find anything on Google linking the two which makes me skeptical.

Nevermind didn't search hard enough. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1354360/new-optoma-hd33-hd3300-1080p-3d-projector-review/720

They will work with DLP-Link, but not at the same time as RF; which is what my other glasses are.

superman81284

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superman81284

Do these have brand new lamps/lens? I dont see that info but it is early in the morning...

dont see an hour count

mhearon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mhearon

I am looking for a projector, mainly for gaming, but will also serve as a movie projector. I have complete control over lighting, my room is 16x20, and budget is ~$600. Any suggestions on one of these projectors, or is there a better option somewhere else? Thanks.

optomacsr

quality posts: 4 Private Messages optomacsr
superman81284 wrote:Do these have brand new lamps/lens? I dont see that info but it is early in the morning...

dont see an hour count

Good morning -
The new projectors have brand new lamps. The refurbished projectors have lamps with some hours but all refurbished products have been quality checked to make sure there is plenty of lamp life available.

gr8ball83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gr8ball83
optomacsr wrote:Good morning -
The new projectors have brand new lamps. The refurbished projectors have lamps with some hours but all refurbished products have been quality checked to make sure there is plenty of lamp life available.

I'm wondering whose definition of "plenty of lamp life available" is being used here....

optomacsr

mhearon wrote:I am looking for a projector, mainly for gaming, but will also serve as a movie projector. I have complete control over lighting, my room is 16x20, and budget is ~$600. Any suggestions on one of these projectors, or is there a better option somewhere else? Thanks.

I would suggest the HD180 (1080P resolution) or the MT300 (720p). Both are great for gaming and movies. Check www.optomausa.com for a distance calculator to see where you need to position the projector in your room.

mhearon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mhearon
optomacsr wrote:I would suggest the HD180 (1080P resolution) or the MT300 (720p). Both are great for gaming and movies. Check www.optomausa.com for a distance calculator to see where you need to position the projector in your room.

What are the main differences between the HD180 and the PRO 8200? I see some items under the specs about image movement. Is this similar to refresh rate in TV's? Will the 8200 "ghost" less on my games than the HD180? Thanks

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

optomacsr wrote:Good morning -

Thanks as always for joining us to answer questions!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

superman81284

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superman81284
gr8ball83 wrote:I'm wondering whose definition of "plenty of lamp life available" is being used here....

Yes, don't feel like my question was answered... like under a 100 hours or over...?

danman87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danman87
superman81284 wrote:Yes, don't feel like my question was answered... like under a 100 hours or over...?

Nowhere does it say that the lamps are used and have hours on them. I ordered one and if it has anymore than 10 its going back to Woot.

misterfred

quality posts: 0 Private Messages misterfred

The wife and kids are watching America's Got Talent with the HD180 on the 110 inch Elite Screen as I type this. Image is beautiful and the projector is quiet. The wife loves it. Happy wife, happy life!

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
danman87 wrote:Nowhere does it say that the lamps are used and have hours on them. I ordered one and if it has anymore than 10 its going back to Woot.

most of the items in the sale are refurbished, as in possibly used and sent back for repair.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

danman87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danman87
luke975 wrote:most of the items in the sale are refurbished, as in possibly used and sent back for repair.

Every refurbished projector I've seen for sale has come with a new bulb. If these are indeed used bulbs then munch on Optoma for nickle and dime'ing their customers.

glitchjunkie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glitchjunkie

Anyone know how many pairs of RF glasses can be connected to the RF Emitter?

glitchjunkie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glitchjunkie
glitchjunkie wrote:Anyone know how many pairs of RF glasses can be connected to the RF Emitter?

To answer my own question I called Optoma.. the answer is probably somewhere in the hundreds.

gindvss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gindvss

HD66 is 456 new at amazon with free prime shipping, and its brand new with a warranty thats worth the 20'ish dollars to me...

http://www.amazon.com/Optoma-HD66-Lumens-Theater-Projector/dp/B002ZWU33U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374707485&sr=8-1&keywords=optoma+hd66

optomacsr

superman81284 wrote:Yes, don't feel like my question was answered... like under a 100 hours or over...?

We don’t specify a certain number of hours, but we test the lamp brightness to ensure its in the proper range. If its dim, it gets replaced. So some of the refurbs do have new lamps, and the other ones are in the normal brightness range.

It’s based on brightness, not hours. The lamp counter can be reset by the end user, so we can’t always tell how many hours are on a lamp when a projector is refurbished. And some lamps have already been changed by the end user, so again there we can’t always know the hours on a lamp in a projector being refurbished.

When a customer buys a refurb, they are getting a great deal with a low price, so the only way for them to guaranty getting a new lamp is to buy a new projector.

I hope this helps.

m31356

quality posts: 0 Private Messages m31356

The MT300 is the same thing as an HD66 if you are looking for reviews.

ncuenca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncuenca

I got a 8200. It is a nice projector but started failing right when I set it up. Looks like it was overheated at some point before it was reconditioned. Shows noisy vertical lines on one side of the screen from time to time, more often when lamp is set to high.

I dont think Optoma is doing a very good job checking these while reconditioning them. It is going back.