WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Toshiba Memory Cards

Keep forgetting where you put your documents and photos? Maybe you should put them all on a Toshiba memory card! But then make sure you don't forget your memory card, 'cause, well, that'd kind of defeat the purpose.
Toshiba official site

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975

look around for better deals. amazon has every one of these cheaper except for the 32 gb model.

I always did like yardsales.

medscript

quality posts: 4 Private Messages medscript

Really Woot??? Class 4 memory??? As large of a business that amazon is I would think you could actually provide real deals not throw products at us that you can't seem to sell on amazon very well.

cssdna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cssdna

REALLY?? Class 4?? what a joke

luke975

medscript wrote:Really Woot??? Class 4 memory??? As large of a business that amazon is I would think you could actually provide real deals not throw products at us that you can't seem to sell on amazon very well.

these probably came from a vendor that can't sell them.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

medscript wrote:Really Woot??? Class 4 memory??? As large of a business that amazon is I would think you could actually provide real deals not throw products at us that you can't seem to sell on amazon very well.

You do realize that we're a clearance house for product that are past their prime, right?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

exjoburger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages exjoburger
ThunderThighs wrote:You do realize that we're a clearance house for product that are past their prime, right?

Really good answer, succinct.

phildozer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phildozer
ThunderThighs wrote:You do realize that we're a clearance house for product that are past their prime, right?

Have yet to see my ex-wife listed.

Ba dum dum!

nicm125

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicm125
phildozer wrote:Have yet to see my ex-wife listed.

Ba dum dum!

cosmicac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cosmicac
phildozer wrote:Have yet to see my ex-wife listed.

Ba dum dum!

Now that's a great answer.

pakopako

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pakopako

We're a what now?

davemays123

quality posts: 7 Private Messages davemays123
pakopako wrote:We're a what now?

Same as it ever was. Refurbs, overstocks and closeouts. Why do you think the deals are so good? Well... were so good. Seems to be refurbs, overstock and closeouts with very slight discounts and a good deal every once in a while lately. The good deals seem to get further diluted with each new randomsub.woot.com they introduce.

LaKASkill

quality posts: 15 Private Messages LaKASkill

Class 4 will not do.

Ninkumpoop

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Ninkumpoop

Items past their prime at non-clearance prices (at least for these SD cards).

luke975

Ninkumpoop wrote:Items past their prime at non-clearance prices (at least for these SD cards).

sure. these cards might do in some applications, like a digital picture frame. but the prices just aren't good at all.

chknchkr

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chknchkr

class 4, ha ha! Wait for class 10 deals. They show up some what often. Sometimes you get class 10 16 GB for $10.

justin42

quality posts: 14 Private Messages justin42

While not the most spectacular prices, I wish I knew if any of these were Toshiba's Japanese output... I've always had great luck with Made in Japan memory cards, and kind of spotty luck with Taiwan/Chinese cards. I know the MicroSDs clearly show Taiwan but I wonder if there's any way to tell about the regular SD..

bleary1947

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bleary1947

Actually, when you figure in the postage you can't get a better deal on Amazon and class 4 is perfectly fine for still photography. While this might not be the greatest deal, it is a decent deal.

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 36 Private Messages lorenzodemedici
bleary1947 wrote:Actually, when you figure in the postage you can't get a better deal on Amazon and class 4 is perfectly fine for still photography. While this might not be the greatest deal, it is a decent deal.

Class 4 is not fine for still photography. Not when your camera freezes and refuses to take another shot because it's still writing the last shot to the card.

I could see using these as cheap data storage but your write speed is going to be painfully slow. Doesn't matter if you let it run in the background while you're doing something else on the computer.

You can get a Sony 32GB Class 10 SD card on Amazon for $20. That's the one I'm buying.

bunnykins

quality posts: 10 Private Messages bunnykins

All of these comments are reminding me of a deal like this that was on a different daily deal site. It was for the same type of item. The price was really cheap. I am thinking they were maybe 5 or less. I ended up buying 3. I got them and every one of them had pictures on them.

Any way that other daily deal site has worse quality products than woot so I am staying away from that other one and only going with woot.

luke975

as per the norm, amazons prices have been raised during this sale.

bro3of4

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bro3of4
bunnykins wrote:All of these comments are reminding me of a deal like this that was on a different daily deal site. It was for the same type of item. The price was really cheap. I am thinking they were maybe 5 or less. I ended up buying 3. I got them and every one of them had pictures on them.

Any way that other daily deal site has worse quality products than woot so I am staying away from that other one and only going with woot.

Were they at least interesting pics? Make up stories to go along with them when you show your friends.

Nothing to see here. Move along. Move along.

mjonczak

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mjonczak

Gee, I really miss that all-day buying for $5 shipping. I really think I'll never get over that.

"When I die, I want to go             
as my grandfather did:                
quietly, peacefully, in his sleep. 
Not like his passengers." 

mjonczak

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mjonczak

I got a 16 GB Super Talent memory card from MeritLine for $12.95 and Free Shipping. Card arrived in a week. I inserted in my camera and it stated "not recognized." I guess I should have known better to purchase a no name memory card.

"When I die, I want to go             
as my grandfather did:                
quietly, peacefully, in his sleep. 
Not like his passengers." 

wearemany

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wearemany

Wow...As true as that statement is, it really makes me re-think ever buying a product off of woot.

wjolivarez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wjolivarez

Better off checking the "community sourced deals" for anything Class 10. Will find deals on there for much better memory (Sandisk, PNY, Samsung) and any capacity you want from 2gb to 128gb. Besides, who wants to buy flash memory from a television manufacturer? Yeah, I know some folks will say they make electronics, but I say leave the memory to the people who specialize in it like Sandisk. Just my 2 cents...

wjolivarez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wjolivarez

Mr./Mrs. Thighs, you do realize that you didn't help Woot's cause by making that statement? Might want to stick with a simple statement like "If you don't like it then shop elsewhere". If you prefer something more PC, then try "I appreciate your concern and will take it under advisement" (a real politician's reply). Or you could call it like it is, a decent deal on a great website. I don't care for the deal personally, but I know someone will buy up everyone. I'm just surprised you went with "You do realize that we're a clearance house for product that are past their prime, right?". Better luck next time!

lorenzodemedici

Sorry bud, you get a total fail on this one. The truth is, your company is a subsidiary of Amazon and you're a clearance house for their excess stuff they need to get rid of, and whatever else you can scrounge up real cheap. The HP computers, for example, are not "past their prime". They're current models. But they're not new and HP needs an outlet like Woot to get rid of them. Some of the other things you sell are good products that were marketing screw ups and flopped in the retail market. A few of them are smoking good deals on good merchandise. Pretty sad that a customer has to tell you how to reply to comments on your own web site.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lorenzodemedici wrote:Sorry bud, you get a total fail on this one. The truth is, your company is a subsidiary of Amazon and you're a clearance house for their excess stuff they need to get rid of, and whatever else you can scrounge up real cheap. The HP computers, for example, are not "past their prime". They're current models. But they're not new and HP needs an outlet like Woot to get rid of them. Some of the other things you sell are good products that were marketing screw ups and flopped in the retail market. A few of them are smoking good deals on good merchandise. Pretty sad that a customer has to tell you how to reply to comments on your own web site.

We are not an outlet for Amazon. Amazon has their own outlet. I sit in the middle of about 15 buyers in Carrollton that source the deals you find on Woot. When y'all ask questions, I walk over to their desks and ask them for answers. Often I'm shown the samples so I can weigh in with first hand info.

I did not mean to imply that all we sell are discontinued product. We do get great deals on current items but as any long-time wooter knows, we also sell items that are discontinued or overstock. Always have, probably always will.

And my comment was sarcasm. Truth, yet sarcasm. Sorry if it offended some.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kuma99

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kuma99
ThunderThighs wrote:We are not an outlet for Amazon. Amazon has their own outlet. I sit in the middle of about 15 buyers in Carrollton that source the deals you find on Woot. When y'all ask questions, I walk over to their desks and ask them

I can almost hear the swoosh swoosh swoosh as you walk on over there.

Class 4 is fine for MP3 player, otherwise it is a punishment. Treat yourself to a genuine class 10 and it will wow you. Camera is snappier, transfers are blazing.

Beware of many fake class 10's out there.

Pyst

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Pyst

Right now Office Depot is offering a SanDisk Ultra SDHC 32gig, which is a class 10, on sale for $32.99. Regular price is $69.99. I'm snagging one tomorrow.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/119844/SanDisk-Ultra-SDHC-Memory-Card-32GB/

medscript

Pyst wrote:Right now Office Depot is offering a SanDisk Ultra SDHC 32gig, which is a class 10, on sale for $32.99. Regular price is $69.99. I'm snagging one tomorrow.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/119844/SanDisk-Ultra-SDHC-Memory-Card-32GB/

Oh hey!!! A Deal!!! You know...that thing woot use to have on relatively recent products (and not necessarily refurb or discontinued items) that I remember back when I started an account in 2006.../sarcasm

medscript

bkaiser00 wrote:Sony 16GB SDHC for $11 shipped. Class 10.

http://www.adorama.com/ISO16GUHS110.html?utm_source=RSYS&utm_medium=TransactionalEmail&utm_campaign=1point0product

Oh hey!!! Look!!! Another Deal!!! You know...that thing woot use to have on relatively recent products (and not necessarily refurb or discontinued items) that I remember back when I started an account in 2006.../sarcasm

mrbarister

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mrbarister

[quote postid="5505217" user="medscript"]Really Woot??? Class 4 memory??? As large of a business that amazon is I would think you could actually provide real deals not throw products at us that you can't seem to sell on amazon very well.[/quote

The reason slower cards sell for nearly as much as faster cards is that there are many items and programs on the market that will not work on a faster card. My treadmill and the rooting program for nook are just a couple of examples. With regards to this being a deal, prices are comparable with competitors.

lorenzodemedici

Lots of reputable quality brands of 32GB Class 10 SD cards available in the $20 to $25 dollar range. They'll work in any camera or videocam made in the last few years. No reason to buy Class 4 junk at these prices.

skione

quality posts: 2 Private Messages skione

Anything less than class 10 is pretty useless

sdownin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages sdownin
kuma99 wrote:
Beware of many fake class 10's out there.

How does one identify the fake Class 10s out there?

vibes4me

quality posts: 2 Private Messages vibes4me

Watch the "Past there Prime" jokes. Some of us are very sensitive to that stuff at 33 years old. Oh I mean 63 years old.

Perhaps You should sell things past their prime, and rubbery.. There's a few Stars that could be auctioned off on this site.

I don't care what she says..."Liam Neesom, is not that HOT, he's older than me...Lousy #$($&(*#(#