WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

QFX Bluetooth PA Speakers

When the crowd starts chanting "FREEBIRD! FREEEEBIRD!" how are you going to play Freebird without PA speakers? You're not gonna play it acoustic, are ya!? Well, okay, you could if you really wanted to, but if you want to do it all electric like, you've gotta hook up your guitar and mic to some speakers!
QFX official site

klaberte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klaberte

Hmmm, sure is quiet in here!

I am considering the purchase of a PBX-3080BT. I have a few questions:

1. Is the battery replaceable, either by the user, or by shipping it back to you for repair?
2. What are the specs on the Bluetooth streaming? Does it support A2DP? Which codecs does it support?
3. After the battery dies, can it still be used, with full functionality, while plugged in?
4. After the internal battery dies, can it still be used, with full functionality, when powered by the 12V DC input?

shbzz7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shbzz7
klaberte wrote:Hmmm, sure is quiet in here!

1. Is the battery replaceable, either by the user, or by shipping it back to you for repair?
2. What are the specs on the Bluetooth streaming? Does it support A2DP? Which codecs does it support?
3. After the battery dies, can it still be used, with full functionality, while plugged in?
4. After the internal battery dies, can it still be used, with full functionality, when powered by the 12V DC input?

See the user manual for question 3 and maybe 4. (yes, it can)

http://www.qfxusa.com/Pdf/PBX-3080BT%20manual.pdf

klaberte

shbzz7 wrote:See the user manual for question 3 and maybe 4. (yes, it can)

http://www.qfxusa.com/Pdf/PBX-3080BT%20manual.pdf

I did RTFM before posting ;-)

Yes, Q3 seems almost certainly yes, and Q4 is probably yes. But I was hoping for a stronger answer from someone who owns one.

Thanks!

hrhollar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hrhollar

I just received the silver one today...heavy, however it rolls smooth...I have hooked up just the usb input and it plays fine...bluetooth connection with my Iphone and Itouch were easy.

The sound is fairly good, and the battery function is nice...in the manual it states "The unit will also power on when connected to a power source even if the battery power is low."

Pretty good deal here - I bought it through Groupon a few days ago for $199.00.

voltylicious

quality posts: 5 Private Messages voltylicious

If you've always wanted a jambox but never got one because of the questionable cost/boom ratio. Bigger is better! :-)

klaberte

hrhollar wrote:I just received the silver one today...heavy, however it rolls smooth...I have hooked up just the usb input and it plays fine...bluetooth connection with my Iphone and Itouch were easy.

The sound is fairly good, and the battery function is nice...in the manual it states "The unit will also power on when connected to a power source even if the battery power is low."

Pretty good deal here - I bought it through Groupon a few days ago for $199.00.

How does the bluetooth sound quality compare to wired?

How loud does it go before distortion sets in?

Many thanks!

Soiree

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Soiree

QFX? I wanna think this could have almost decent sound and be good for remote parties and etc...

anyone wanna throw in their $.02 on what QFX is, maybe who manuf them, any other brand they could be comparable too....

[MOD: No advertising pls]

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn
Soiree wrote:QFX? I wanna think this could have almost decent sound and be good for remote parties and etc...

anyone wanna throw in their $.02 on what QFX is, maybe who manuf them, any other brand they could be comparable too....

I would be very safe suggesting that these are made in China and the name du jour is QFX. Maybe next week another name. The trick will be how good the company is and how long they will be around.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

ElGuappo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ElGuappo
Soiree wrote:QFX? I wanna think this could have almost decent sound and be good for remote parties and etc...

total garbage. You may (depending on your age) remember the crappy little weather radios and other junk that radio shack used to sell decades ago? Quantum still makes this.

Consider the claim for 600W peak. out of something not much larger than top shelf PC speakers. With a 12V battery as a power sink. Probably handy as a portable loudspeaker system if you were going to occupy wall street for a day or want to easily roll out some jams for the kiddos in the back yard for a birthday party, but will sound like a twenty dollar walmart jambox in the end. Wireless of course...

DataHaunt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DataHaunt

I purchased one of their BT towers before. For the radio function and direct connection, it works fine. BT function picks up A LOT of noise and the output volume is low compared to direct connection.

The BT tower came without a remote. The company stated they would ship a new one via FedEx. A week later, one arrived in a regular letter envelope smashed to bits.

Any other emails to the company are ignored. Looks like their customer service doesn't exist.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

DataHaunt wrote:I purchased one of their BT towers before. For the radio function and direct connection, it works fine. BT function picks up A LOT of noise and the output volume is low compared to direct connection.

The BT tower came without a remote. The company stated they would ship a new one via FedEx. A week later, one arrived in a regular letter envelope smashed to bits.

Any other emails to the company are ignored. Looks like their customer service doesn't exist.

Sorry for the problems. First order of business would be to check your spam folder. Lots of stuff hides there.

If you are still having problems with their warranty service, email support@woot.com for some options. Be sure to include your username, order number, and what you've done to resolve the problem on your own.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

DataHaunt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DataHaunt
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the problems. First order of business would be to check your spam folder. Lots of stuff hides there.

If you are still having problems with their warranty service, email support@woot.com for some options. Be sure to include your username, order number, and what you've done to resolve the problem on your own.

This order is several months old and when they first replied, their emails were not blocked. They simply stopped replying.

I appreciate the offer of help, but I have been told that my only option is to return the unit for a refund.

It works well enough for what I paid for it and as a docking station for audio.

hrhollar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hrhollar

I am always amazed how descriptive someone is that has never seen or heard of an item - and it is always negative...maybe they assume negative because the audio generated from their sound system is not very good considering they bought it for $40 out of the trunk of a 1984 Buick behind a seafood warehouse 20 years ago...

Dude, do you really think anyone puts ANY validity in a negative review when the reviewer has not heard, seen, or read about it????

Man, come up for air from your parents basement - you are NOT the see-all, hear-all guy that anyone is gonna believe.

As I had a brief review before, I used it around my pool outside Saturday evening - I got several compliments from the 20 or so guests about the "sound system". It was clear and loud - I played classic rock and smooth jazz, and the vocals and individual instruments stood out nice. I paired it with my Iphone, and also plugged a Sansa player into it easily.

Thats a review, Dude. See it, Hear it, Touch it.

sarcy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarcy

We just bought an ION Block Rocker Bluetooth Speaker from Costco, which is no longer available online but we found one in our local warehouse. You can still see the speaker on their coupon offers here: http://www.costco.com/warehouse-coupon-offers.html
We used it this weekend and hooked it up to our woot projector (using the outdoor 120" screen - thank you woot!) and everyone was impressed with the quality of sound. It would be nice if the ION speaker had an equalizer similar to the one that woot is offering, but you can download an app for your phone (there was too much base when playing Pandora via bluetooth). The ION speaker specs claims it lasts 75 hours! I can't vouch for that (yet).
I've read lots of negative reviews on cheap PA systems so I didn't hesitate to jump on the Costco deal due to their stellar return policy. IMO, I'd get the Square Trade warranty if you get one of the woot deals.

Adidia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Adidia
radi0j0hn wrote:I would be very safe suggesting that these are made in China and the name du jour is QFX. Maybe next week another name. The trick will be how good the company is and how long they will be around.

Actually, the product is manufactured in China, using the Same factories the so called "branded" companies use, the only difference is, instead of spending tens of millions in marketing dollars to promote the brand, they offer quality products at affordable prices.

seandell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seandell
klaberte wrote:Hmmm, sure is quiet in here!

Answers:
Q1: It is very easy replaceable. the battery can be purchased on line or from any battery store about $25-$35 and can be installed by any person who know how to solder, and of coarse by the manufacture.
Q2: The Bluetooth supports audio streaming. the unit cannot be used for answering a phone.
Q3: Yes. by AC plug or by connecting to any outside battery source.
Q4: As I answered it already.