WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pioneer Audio Equipment

Way back, a long time ago, when Americans were making their way across the country on covered wagons, one of the travelers stopped half way and decided to make speakers instead. That's how Pioneer was born. It's pretty amazing how far they've come, isn't it?
Pioneer official site

djshawn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djshawn

Does anyone own or has had experience with the HTZ-BD81HF? I've been intrigued by it for use in our bedroom for awhile now. However, I've been unable to find any reviews for it online.

jessewendt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessewendt

Do the 6.5" and 8.5" speakers come in pairs? If they don't come in pairs, why is the limit 3? You would either need 2 or 4 depending on your surround sound configuration.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

jessewendt wrote:Do the 6.5" and 8.5" speakers come in pairs? If they don't come in pairs, why is the limit 3? You would either need 2 or 4 depending on your surround sound configuration.

You make an interesting point.
To the best of my knowledge, it appears that each of those sales is for a single speaker only.

jessewendt

Can you confirm? Any speaker I have purchased like this in the past came in pairs. I want to purchase these and would like to make sure I get what I want. Thanks.

ROGETRAY wrote:You make an interesting point.
To the best of my knowledge, it appears that each of those sales is for a single speaker only.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jessewendt wrote:Can you confirm? Any speaker I have purchased like this in the past came in pairs. I want to purchase these and would like to make sure I get what I want. Thanks.

Just confirmed, they are singles.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

BroncMcTurk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BroncMcTurk

Not only does it appear to be a single speaker (which makes sense for an LCR (Left, Center, Right) speaker since you end up using an odd number, but it also appears to be expensive.
http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-Elite-S-IC871A-In-Ceiling-Speaker/dp/B004Y6D72Y

Compare the shipping weight on Amazon (14lbs versus < 7lbs) and the pair on Amazon is $199 with free shipping!

Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do...

Buzz

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

BroncMcTurk wrote:Not only does it appear to be a single speaker (which makes sense for an LCR (Left, Center, Right) speaker since you end up using an odd number, but it also appears to be expensive.

Compare the shipping weight on Amazon (14lbs versus < 7lbs) and the pair on Amazon is $199 with free shipping!

If you read the customer question, you'll see that it is for a single speaker as well.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

jessewendt

So...If I were to buy a center channel speaker and a 6.5" for left and a 6.5" for right I would have an odd number of 6.5" speakers? Center channels and subwoofers should be sold in singles and any of the surround speakers should be sold in pairs.

BroncMcTurk wrote:Not only does it appear to be a single speaker (which makes sense for an LCR (Left, Center, Right) speaker since you end up using an odd number, but it also appears to be expensive.