Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2905 Private Messages lichme

Item: 720p Wireless Indoor IP Camera
Price: $69.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
5/30/2013 - $100.00 (Woot Plus)

lichme

lichme

lichme

Info, docs, downloads and more from Zmodo

oklahomafire

quality posts: 3 Private Messages oklahomafire

Without Zmodo cameras we would not have known what happened to our family van!!

http://www.kswo.com/story/22768100/lawton-family-captures-van-theft-on-camera

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3527 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out these comments for this when it was offered in May

Toynbert

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Toynbert

So If I hook this up to my network, will I be able to monitor the feed in real time when I am away from the house?

Stupid should hurt.

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

I'm not only tired but anything but a techie.

For purposes of detecting home intrustion, how would this item be compared, positive and negative, to the Brite Line electricity line cameras featured in Woot plus under regular woot?

I'm wondering if each has a motion detector in the camera? And if it actually notifies your phone if there is an intrusion which you can then view? I am interested in protecton and notification not taped images of who entered my house which I will review laer.

I'm sure you bright techy folks will also have other comparisons to offer that I wouldn't even think of regarding capablities and performance.

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

cmcmanness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmcmanness

It appears to have a Mic, does it have talk back capability?

pamtha

quality posts: 14 Private Messages pamtha
smartheart wrote:
I'm wondering if each has a motion detector in the camera? And if it actually notifies your phone if there is an intrusion which you can then view? I am interested in protection and notification not taped images of who entered my house which I will review later.

From their website:
SD Card Recording

Feel comfort knowing you can check on your property when you’re not there. This wireless IP camera has an embedded SD card slot that can support a micro SD card up to 64GB. You have the option to continuously record, motion detected record or set a schedule to only record during certain times of the day.

Free Zviewer PC Software & Email Notifications

The free Zviewer PC Software is an easy to use solution that can record the footage from your camera to your computer. This software makes it simple to be able to view, record, and playback video from your camera. With this software you can even send email notification to your e-mail or mobile phone when motion automatically triggers video recording

kmdesa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kmdesa

Anyone use this as a baby monitor? I don't care about talking back just want to access from my iPhone.

Sams Dad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sams Dad
lichme wrote:3 Star average from Amazon

Those Amazon reviews aren't very helpful. It devolved into a flamewar.

ferralll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ferralll
kmdesa wrote:Anyone use this as a baby monitor? I don't care about talking back just want to access from my iPhone.

i Had The Same Question... But For Android

grosete

quality posts: 1 Private Messages grosete

I bought 2 of these back when they were $99 on Woot. I'm somewhat a techie but these still are somewhat difficult to setup. I still can't get the two of them to display on on the iPhone software they give you. Works great with one though. I have both of them setup at a vacation home. One looking out at the view and the other on the inside for potential thiefs. The best thing is that you can set them up with motion detection that will either record and/or send a picture by email to you. Even though they are 720, I am not impressed at all with the quality of the picture. The picture gets blurry the farther you get from it (> 20 feet) and don't expect to get a clear image in the email you are sent either. A 3 star by amazon standard is about right.

BTW, as a monitor for a baby, you can set it up on your phone and they will work from any location. If you are using wifi in a home they are best, but OK across the internet also.

grosete

quality posts: 1 Private Messages grosete
Toynbert wrote:So If I hook this up to my network, will I be able to monitor the feed in real time when I am away from the house?

Yes, works pretty good across the internet.

iadams

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iadams
oklahomafire wrote:Without Zmodo cameras we would not have known what happened to our family van!!

http://www.kswo.com/story/22768100/lawton-family-captures-van-theft-on-camera

I notice your video was at night, and of stuff that is outside - but this is an indoor camera. How do you have it set up? I was under the impression that the IR would reflect and flood the camera if you tried to do night time shots through a window.

Did you get your van back and did they catch the scumbags?

chadtremaroli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chadtremaroli

does this connect wirelessly to my wireless router or do you have to hook up (wired - RJ45)directly to my router/modem?

thanks,

paradigmshyft

quality posts: 3 Private Messages paradigmshyft

The fact that this camera supports ONVIF at this price is pretty awesome. This compatibility is really hard to find in this price range and opens up a lot of flexibility for program/VMS usage, like Milestone or Genetec. Personally, I like Milestone X-Protect Go for a full-featured free selection.

doraemon4u

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doraemon4u

does it come with a 16gb memory card? on amazon it does "ZMODO 720P HD Wi-Fi Wireless Network IP Camera with Easy QR Code Smartphone Setup Plus Free 16GB SD Card - Designed for Home Use"

paradigmshyft

quality posts: 3 Private Messages paradigmshyft
chadtremaroli wrote:does this connect wirelessly to my wireless router or do you have to hook up (wired - RJ45)directly to my router/modem?

thanks,

It does wireless, but wired is better. normally you never notice packet loss on WiFi because most everything you do is TCP, but with streaming cameras video is often streamed UDP so a lost/dropped packet is really lost which can cause skipped video frames. Although, in a home environment this isn't really a big deal.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 568 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

doraemon4u wrote:does it come with a 16gb memory card? on amazon it does "ZMODO 720P HD Wi-Fi Wireless Network IP Camera with Easy QR Code Smartphone Setup Plus Free 16GB SD Card - Designed for Home Use"

No card included. That appears to be an add-on specifically by that 3rd party vendor, not Zmodo.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mrdancer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mrdancer

Guess it won't work for me, since I've got a BlackBerry phone.

playthepuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages playthepuck

I bought one of these recently and am very disappointed.

If you can get it consistently up on your wi-fi, the picture is pretty good. However, I bought it as a baby monitor and I'd say about 95% or more of the time, I cannot get access to it on our wi-fi network from my iPhone or iPad. It just says "Camera Offline". I've tried it from various places in the house and don't have any issues doing other wi-fi access with my mobile devices. If I reboot the camera, then I may be able to get access the first time, but after that, it's back to being offline. So, it's effectively useless to me as a monitor.

But, we've been having an issue with an animal leaving presents in our backyard so we decided to try to use the recording capabilities to catch the animal in the act and find out what it was. Putting it up against a window does not work due to the reflection from the camera itself. So, we mounted it outside (it was a nice night) and aimed it in the problem area. And night time is apparently too dark for it. It seems to have detected motion because there were recordings on the card....only they were completely black....well, until the sun came up.

It's going in the e-waste bin for us.

chadpyle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chadpyle
mrdancer wrote:Guess it won't work for me, since I've got a BlackBerry phone.

You must find yourself saying that a lot.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 568 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

chadpyle wrote:You must find yourself saying that a lot.

Ouch, dude. That hurt.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mrdancer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mrdancer
chadpyle wrote:You must find yourself saying that a lot.

Yeah, but there are some good things about it, like I can drop it on the floor without bricking it, it has excellent call quality, standard charging port, microSDHC slot, can play any mp3 file (and I have 30gb worth of those), and most of all, it has a real keyboard. If iphone had half of those things, I might've considered it. I don't really use too many apps anyway, mainly just weather for my work.

Camera content: I used a "motion-sensing" app on my computer about 15 years ago. It simply used alteration of pixels in a user-specified area as a passive motion sensor and trigger for emailing pics of what was going on. It was not camera-specific; IOW, I could hook up my old video camera to it and it worked. The software was a little buggy, but hey, it was 15 years ago. There should be some nice freeware apps by now that would work like that, with any camera...

lethargicmass

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lethargicmass
mrdancer wrote:Guess it won't work for me, since I've got a BlackBerry phone.

Guess again. There are BlackBerry apps that work with this camera, like this one.

I love bacon!

bkelly99

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bkelly99

Has anyone notice how much heat they generate? I also noticed mine "clicking" when setting it up - seemed odd to me.

I had them all working just fine, viewed it on my Android, Tablet and PC and then it said User Name / Password incorrect - made no sense.

Guess its time for a call to the help desk or return them.

Bret Kelly

jawjah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jawjah

Works fine as long as it is plug directly into the router. Not much use that way. No solutions on their web site. Calling tech support Monday.

mjlenox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjlenox
lichme wrote:Item: 720p Wireless Indoor IP Camera
Price: $69.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
5/30/2013 - $100.00 (Woot Plus)

This is not the same unit as the link on Amazon. The Amazon product includes a 16GB SD Card which this does not have.