WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Onkyo Speaker Systems & Docks

Do you prefer audio quality to be fuzzy and barely audible, or would you rather it be crisp and clear? Fuzzy? Really? Hm, we weren't expecting that. We were going to say that if you like listening to crisp, clear audio, these Onkyo music systems are the way to go, but since you like music that's barely audible, we're kinda at a loss here.
Onkyo official site

jwett9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwett9

Will the 5.1 system work with 2 Outdoor speakers I already have hooked up? I noticed it said one zone 2 output (L/R) in the description. The picture also shows all 4 speakers on the front wall. Would it be better to mount two of them on a back wall behind the couch? I don't know much about home audio so any explanation helpful. Thanks.

$447 on amazon and 4.2/5 stars.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B008DB9OMI/ref=mw_dp_cr

jont717

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jont717

Onkyo SBX-300 iOnly BASS Dock Music System

I bought one and had to get rid of it. The speakers did not sound right. The bass, even on low setting, sounded distorted.

I would not buy this unit.

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom
jwett9 wrote:Will the 5.1 system work with 2 Outdoor speakers I already have hooked up? I noticed it said one zone 2 output (L/R) in the description. The picture also shows all 4 speakers on the front wall. Would it be better to mount two of them on a back wall behind the couch? I don't know much about home audio so any explanation helpful. Thanks.

$447 on amazon and 4.2/5 stars.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B008DB9OMI/ref=mw_dp_cr

It says that Zone 2 is line out, so you'd need a separate amplifier for those speakers. You'd probably be better off getting a 7.1 system.

I imagine they just put the speakers all at the front for the photo op. With Dolby IIz you can add front height speakers, but usually that's done with 7.1 or 9.1 system.

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3
jont717 wrote:Onkyo SBX-300 iOnly BASS Dock Music System

I bought one and had to get rid of it. The speakers did not sound right. The bass, even on low setting, sounded distorted.

I would not buy this unit.

Mine works great. I had an iHome dock that was really nice but stopped working, and I bought this to replace it. I think this one sounds better. I can only handle the bass on the low setting though, it really is ridiculously bassy otherwise.

Is "bassy" a word? I don't think it is.

sinarms

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sinarms

I bought one of these off of Moofi when it was last on there and they sent me a very low end receiver and no speakers. I wasn't too happy when I opened the box. I sent it back but I was counting on getting the correct system that I ordered.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

sinarms wrote:I bought one of these off of Moofi when it was last on there and they sent me a very low end receiver and no speakers. I wasn't too happy when I opened the box. I sent it back but I was counting on getting the correct system that I ordered.

Sorry about that. Looking at your order, it looks like you an Open Box system off Moofi. Sounds like it was a little more open than we expected. Glad you got your refund.

Note that this Onkyo Theater system is new.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sinarms

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sinarms
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry about that. Looking at your order, it looks like you an Open Box system off Moofi. Sounds like it was a little more open than we expected. Glad you got your refund.

Note that this Onkyo Theater system is new.

It wasn't that it was missing stuff it was completely different. The box matched what was inside it just wasn't even close to the product I ordered. Someone gave no core dump that day on the shipping line.

unl1988

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unl1988

Are the speakers wireless? The picture shows no wires going from the components to the speakers . . .

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

unl1988 wrote:Are the speakers wireless? The picture shows no wires going from the components to the speakers . . .

Sorry this is late but they are wired. If you look at the list "In the box", you'll see speaker wire listed.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders