Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2756 Private Messages lichme

Item: VIZIO 24" 1080p LED HDTV
Price: $129.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $12 Two-Day OR $16 One-Day
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
6/19/2013 - $129.99 (Woot-off) - 32 comment(s)
5/4/2013 - $129.99 - 33 comment(s)

6/24/2013 - $130.00 (Woot Plus)

lichme

lichme

Good feedback from a lot of Amazon Buyers

laicha92

quality posts: 1 Private Messages laicha92

Would this be a good monitor?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3331 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Very good reviews (4.3 out of 5.0) over at walmart.com

lichme

If you wanna see more, here is an unboxing

spacemart

quality posts: 15 Private Messages spacemart

a friend bought this TV in a previous woot. the picture is crap, looks like my computer monitor playing at 480p, even though I checked the settings to make sure it was in 1080. another friend got a no name brand 720p TV that looks much better. Also the optimal vertical viewing angle is very small.

vthokiestm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vthokiestm
spacemart wrote:a friend bought this TV in a previous woot. the picture is crap, looks like my computer monitor playing at 480p, even though I checked the settings to make sure it was in 1080. another friend got a no name brand 720p TV that looks much better. Also the optimal vertical viewing angle is very small.

I got one the last time, and the picture really is crap. Lots of artifacts in a dark picture.

Karen67

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Karen67

I bought one of these the last time Woot offered it (about a month ago). Been using it as a monitor (haven't tried it as a TV yet). My picture INITIALLY looked like crap - fuzzy & blurry - but then I realized that I needed an HDMI to DVI converter cable. Now the picture is sharp & clear - as good as my other monitor (ViewSonic). Get the HDMI cable here:

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-HDMI-Adapter-Cable-Meters/dp/B001TH7T2U/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1372661456&sr=1-3&keywords=hdmi+to+vga+adapter

ingus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ingus

This TV is one of the best that I have owned. I have not tried it as a monitor. The picture is excellent and the sound is the best. If you are in need of a small TV with a good sound system, this is it. Many small TVs skimp on sound. This one does not. I have it in a very large room and often just listen to the news from twenty feet away. Perfect listening, even in a large room.

rhdenny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rhdenny

What kind of cable would I need to hook my sons ps3 to this? Thanks in advance!

ckm310

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ckm310
laicha92 wrote:Would this be a good monitor?

I got this as a monitor the last time it was on WOOT. With some fiddling the picture quality is great, and the sound knocks your socks off.

blainekyle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blainekyle
rhdenny wrote:What kind of cable would I need to hook my sons ps3 to this? Thanks in advance!

Looks like you could use either component or HDMI from a PS3. Although, as the image of the back of the TV says, Component is merely "better" (than composite), but HDMI is best.

Just don't go buy a $40 HDMI cable from Best Buy. Pick one up for $5 or so from Amazon, Monoprice, or anywhere else offering a fair price.

eastonfrost

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eastonfrost

I also bought one of these last time. I think the picture looks just fine with HDMI from a roku3.

I also use it as a monitor when I work on friend's PCs. I use a dvi to hdmi cable and it looks OKAY. Not as good as an actual monitor, but good enough for gaming.

The only drawback is the terrible stand. Happily it has a 100x100 Vesa mount on the back. Bought a monoprice desk mount and now its perfect.

ChicagoNole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChicagoNole

So what is the final consensus of using this as a monitor though an HDMI cable?

sluggo48313

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sluggo48313

I bought one last time to put in my garage. After adjusting it, the color is good, picture is crisp, but it does have some "jaggies" I can't get rid of in some dark areas sometimes. Yes, I do have it hooked up to a Dish Network Joey with HDMI. For the money, its fine, I'm ordering another one for my Dad now.

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii

For comparison here is a NEW TV.

Insignia 24" 1080p LED-Backlit LCD HDTV for $140 + free shipping
As one of its daily deals, Best Buy offers the Insignia 24" 1080p LED-Backlit LCD HD Television, model no. NS-24E400NA14, for $139.99 with free shipping. That's tied with our mention from last month as the lowest total price we've seen for any Insignia 24" 1080p LED HDTV. It features a 1920x1080 (1080p) resolution, USB, and three HDMI inputs. Deal ends today.

HypnoticSheep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HypnoticSheep

Has anyone verified the refresh rate on this? Looking at using it for a gaming monitor, but the manufacturer-supplied specs aren't always super accurate.

vatchman

quality posts: 7 Private Messages vatchman
rhdenny wrote:What kind of cable would I need to hook my sons ps3 to this? Thanks in advance!

HDMI:

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-High-Speed-HDMI-Cable-Meters/dp/B003L1ZYYM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372693339&sr=8-1&keywords=amazon+hdmi+cable

MorganSS

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MorganSS

this TV sucks I bought it last time. Currently its sitting in the corner and I bought a better TV.

danbark91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danbark91

You can get this TV for a little lower price at Newegg.

Vizio 24" E241-A1 Slim Frame Razor LED HD TV 1080p HDMI Black 60 Hz

Passenger57

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Passenger57

Looks like a nice TV for the price, but the stand is a dealbreaker.

wilcar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wilcar
dliidlii wrote:For comparison here is a NEW TV.

Insignia 24" 1080p LED-Backlit LCD HDTV for $140 + free shipping
As one of its daily deals, Best Buy offers the Insignia 24" 1080p LED-Backlit LCD HD Television, model no. NS-24E400NA14, for $139.99 with free shipping. That's tied with our mention from last month as the lowest total price we've seen for any Insignia 24" 1080p LED HDTV. It features a 1920x1080 (1080p) resolution, USB, and three HDMI inputs. Deal ends today.

is this a better tv than the vizio?

fredreco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fredreco

Please cancel order #45255348.I only wanted (1) not (2) VIZIO 24 1080p LED HDTV. Please fix this error ASAP.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

fredreco wrote:Please cancel order #45255348.I only wanted (1) not (2) VIZIO 24 1080p LED HDTV. Please fix this error ASAP.

To cancel/change orders, you need to email support@woot.com.

In the future, you can now cancel orders within the first 15 minutes. See the link in my signature for more information.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

felopez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages felopez

I bought this TV during the woot plus sale that ended last week....for $130! I got a raw deal!

eastonfrost

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eastonfrost
danbark91 wrote:You can get this TV for a little lower price at Newegg.

Vizio 24" E241-A1 Slim Frame Razor LED HD TV 1080p HDMI Black 60 Hz

Mmmm its $144.99 at the 'egg. Free shipping though, so that's something.

samthemanyo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samthemanyo
MorganSS wrote:this TV sucks I bought it last time. Currently its sitting in the corner and I bought a better TV.

wanna let me have it then???? lol