Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3124 Private Messages lichme

Item: Logitech Tablet Keyboard for iPad
Price: $19.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
5/22/2013 - $19.99 (Woot-off) - 21 comment(s)
5/20/2013 - $19.99 - 43 comment(s)

6/18/2013 - $20.00 (Woot Plus)

lichme

quality posts: 3124 Private Messages lichme

Tons of stars with a lot of amazon reviews

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3807 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Great reviews (4.8 out of 5.0) over at logitech

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3807 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out this "good" review over at pcmag.com

jarodbo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jarodbo

Can anyone confirm if this comes with the travel case/ipad stand? I don't see anything about it listed...

[MOD: Keyboard only as shown]

bmxbobby2004

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmxbobby2004
jarodbo wrote:Can anyone confirm if this comes with the travel case/ipad stand? I don't see anything about it listed...

i'm also interested in this. i just bought this and assumed it came with it....gonna be upset if this is not true.

afwalton

quality posts: 9 Private Messages afwalton
jarodbo wrote:Can anyone confirm if this comes with the travel case/ipad stand? I don't see anything about it listed...

No. It doesn't come with the case/stand. It's in retail packaging, so I assume they dropped that stand (which is in all the early reviews).

I got one of these from the recent Woot Plus. It's a very solid keyboard, in the same league with the Apple Bluetooth and the Microsoft Arc I have at my desk. Nice, springy keys and a reassuring heft. A huge improvement over the cheap keyboard I was using (and for which I paid more than this ...).

The only downside I see with it is that it has no feet, no way of adjusting the typing angle.

thelastredeemer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thelastredeemer

I could have consider it if only the FN key didn't get swapped locations with the CTRL key.

sucker4crap

quality posts: 20 Private Messages sucker4crap

The Amazon description say's that it also works with iPhone & iPod Touch. One of the reviews added this, on pairing with other devices: "Logitech's modesty notwithstanding - calling it a 'tablet' keyboard 'for iPad' - this happens to also work with the iPods and the iPhones (verified) and, even better, I was able to successfully pair and use it with: a Sony PS3, a Motorola XOOM (Android 4.1) tablet and a Lenovo T400 laptop running Windows 7. In fact, I am using Logitech's little keyboard to write this review on the T400. I could not pair the keyboard with a Blackberry Torch because, while it did recognize it, the Blackberry asked that I entered a secret code that the keyboard expected and 'zeroes' did not work. The only problem, and this IS a major annoyance, the keyboard only remembers the last pairing. Once I paired it with the PS3, it forgot about the iPhone. Pairing it with the XOOM made it forget about the PS3 so, if you want to use it with multiple devices you'll have to go through the about 30-second 'pairing' process every time you switch."

Amazon review on Bluetooth pairing

pnshldn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pnshldn

Purchased one end of May as gift. Later found out that some of the keys either don't function at all or worse intermittently. So I assume this was an untested refurbished unit. It's out of the country and makes return difficult. :-(

lovelyjprincess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lovelyjprincess

It looks great! The design is simple, the style is unique. If it really fits iPad, I would love to get one. Otherwise, I'll be very disappointed.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pnshldn wrote:Purchased one end of May as gift. Later found out that some of the keys either don't function at all or worse intermittently. So I assume this was an untested refurbished unit. It's out of the country and makes return difficult. :-(

We are selling NEW units on this sale.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

SickPup404

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SickPup404

Interestingly enough, Amazon has this for $49.99 today - apparently a good deal.

However, the price was just jacked up on the 13th from $29.99.

I also recall this was on Woot back in May for about the same price if I'm not mistaken. CamelCamelCamel shows Amazon jacked their price up back in May too.... (http://camelcamelcamel.com/Logitech-Tablet-Keyboard-generation-920-004440/product/B00A66XB54)

Pure coincidence, or trying to make peeps think they're getting a great deal?

11/17/2006 - Mediocre Plug-In Odor Eliminator 2 Pack - WOOT OFF - One for the team
11/16/2006 - Audiovox Portable 10” LCD TV with DVD Player - WOOT OFF
6/9/2006 - iRobot Roomba Sage with Convenience Pack (4110) - My First WOOT!

jcarlton03

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jcarlton03

Anyone know if this will work with a smart TV?

It's great to be a Florida Gator!

BarneyT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BarneyT

Can I use this on a Kindle Fire???

Zibby

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Zibby
jcarlton03 wrote:Anyone know if this will work with a smart TV?

It's a Bluetooth keyboard, so if you're Smart TV can use a Bluetooth keyboard, then yes. No promisies on what the special iOS function keys will do on your TV.

adhareshwar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages adhareshwar

I bought it the last time it was on Woot. I regret buying it for one reason: it does NOT come with the stand. The instructions -- enclosed as well as on the net -- talk about and show the stand. You have to find some way to prop up the iPad while typing. I ended up buying another stupid product just for that: the so-called "mobile" speaker. It was stupid, because it's a mobile speaker that needs to be plugged in!

It'd be a good value with the stand; without the stand, it's a problematic product.

PS: It does work with iPhone.

murphicus

quality posts: 5 Private Messages murphicus
adhareshwar wrote:I bought it the last time it was on Woot. I regret buying it for one reason: it does NOT come with the stand. The instructions -- enclosed as well as on the net -- talk about and show the stand. You have to find some way to prop up the iPad while typing. I ended up buying another stupid product just for that: the so-called "mobile" speaker. It was stupid, because it's a mobile speaker that needs to be plugged in!

It'd be a good value with the stand; without the stand, it's a problematic product.

PS: It does work with iPhone.

According to this comment on Amazon, yes, it works on iPhone & iPod Touch.

""Logitech's modesty notwithstanding - calling it a 'tablet' keyboard 'for iPad' - this happens to also work with the iPods and the iPhones (verified) and, even better, I was able to successfully pair and use it with: a Sony PS3, a Motorola XOOM (Android 4.1) tablet and a Lenovo T400 laptop running Windows 7. In fact, I am using Logitech's little keyboard to write this review on the T400. I could not pair the keyboard with a Blackberry Torch because, while it did recognize it, the Blackberry asked that I entered a secret code that the keyboard expected and 'zeroes' did not work. The only problem, and this IS a major annoyance, the keyboard only remembers the last pairing. Once I paired it with the PS3, it forgot about the iPhone. Pairing it with the XOOM made it forget about the PS3 so, if you want to use it with multiple devices you'll have to go through the about 30-second 'pairing' process every time you switch."

"Friendship is like peeing your pants,
Everyone can see it, But only you can feel the true warmth"

murphicus

quality posts: 5 Private Messages murphicus
Zibby wrote:It's a Bluetooth keyboard, so if you're Smart TV can use a Bluetooth keyboard, then yes. No promisies on what the special iOS function keys will do on your TV.

According to the "Sucker4crap" comment above, it does not work with Palm, WebOS, so it's not universal Blutooth compatable. My guess is HP Touchpad is out too, unless it's running Android.

"Friendship is like peeing your pants,
Everyone can see it, But only you can feel the true warmth"

jwbraucht

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jwbraucht

I nabbed one of these from woot! during a previous offering about a month back.

This keyboard has almost the same footprint and feel as the keyboard on an older (2007) 13in Macbook. If you don't like the Macbook keyboard then the Logitech keyboard probably isn't for you. Otherwise it's a great little keyboard for the price.

I had no trouble pairing this with an iPad (gen 2) and everything seems to work as advertised. Also paired nicely with my Win7 laptop. (Laptop uses a Broadcom BT chip & driver. YMMV depending on BT chip + driver + stack + OS.)

Closest I can come to a complaint is the lack of case. The keys stick up about 2mm from the surface of the keyboard and it seems like just a matter of time before they are damaged from being shoved into my computer bag. I contacted Logictech to see if the case is available for purchase separately but I haven't heard back from them yet...

ThunderThighs

Staff

SickPup404 wrote:Interestingly enough, Amazon has this for $49.99 today - apparently a good deal.

However, the price was just jacked up on the 13th from $29.99.

I also recall this was on Woot back in May for about the same price if I'm not mistaken. CamelCamelCamel shows Amazon jacked their price up back in May too.... (http://camelcamelcamel.com/Logitech-Tablet-Keyboard-generation-920-004440/product/B00A66XB54)

Pure coincidence, or trying to make peeps think they're getting a great deal?

Believe me, we wish we had that kind of arrangement with Amazon. But being an independent subsidiary puts up certain walls in communication.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

circs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages circs

So Thunder, this one is the one without the case/stand thing? It's a great keyboard but I want that stand/case gizmo so bad!

Good on you guys getting this either way, I'm just picky. Sorry.

wearemany

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wearemany

Can anyone confirm this is a standard HID device?

Last night my apple bluetooth keyboard died (the "9" key died) I need a replacement for use with a Macbook pro in windows/OSX.

ThunderThighs

Staff

circs wrote:So Thunder, this one is the one without the case/stand thing? It's a great keyboard but I want that stand/case gizmo so bad!

Good on you guys getting this either way, I'm just picky. Sorry.

No case this time. What you see is what you get.

FORUM MODERATOR

kodiak55

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kodiak55

I'm planning on getting a Raspberry Pi to connect to the Hisense 40" TV that I bought for my last Woot. This, coupled with a Bluetooth USB dongle, should work nicely for interacting with the Pi from the couch. SOLD!

damjadi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages damjadi

Does it work with Apple TV?

wfay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wfay

Saw this at Office Depot for $69 (IIRC) but it came with a case and stand.

Wish Logitech would sell those separately... for a good price too.

SickPup404

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SickPup404
ThunderThighs wrote:Believe me, we wish we had that kind of arrangement with Amazon. But being an independent subsidiary puts up certain walls in communication.

No worries, just had forgot and left on my tinfoil hat! o.O

11/17/2006 - Mediocre Plug-In Odor Eliminator 2 Pack - WOOT OFF - One for the team
11/16/2006 - Audiovox Portable 10” LCD TV with DVD Player - WOOT OFF
6/9/2006 - iRobot Roomba Sage with Convenience Pack (4110) - My First WOOT!

buzz522

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buzz522

Anyone know if this will work with a Mac Mini?

kodiak55

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kodiak55
buzz522 wrote:Anyone know if this will work with a Mac Mini?

It should, as long as the Mini has Bluetooth (which I'm pretty sure all recent Macs do).

ThunderThighs

Staff

SickPup404 wrote:No worries, just had forgot and left on my tinfoil hat! o.O

FORUM MODERATOR

tracker1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tracker1

Just got my Ouya hooked up over the weekend... since it's android based, and inputting text from the controller is a PITA, sold...

-- Michael J. Ryan - http://tracker1.info

blueflamedazn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blueflamedazn

anybody know if this will work with a BB playbook?

When in doubt, drop a banana peel and book it.

Orthonormal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Orthonormal
wearemany wrote:Can anyone confirm this is a standard HID device?

Last night my apple bluetooth keyboard died (the "9" key died) I need a replacement for use with a Macbook pro in windows/OSX.

It does not have a row of dedicated function keys like the Apple Wireless Keyboard. I would hope that the "rectangle" key sends [Esc] when hooked up to something besides a tablet, but I don't know.

danritter96

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danritter96

I wanted to apply a coupon code but couldnt find where to put it. please cancel my order or subtract $10 from my order (what coupon would do).

order#45202066

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
danritter96 wrote:I wanted to apply a coupon code but couldnt find where to put it. please cancel my order or subtract $10 from my order (what coupon would do).

order#45202066

email support for assistance. this is a forum for discussing the products.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

danritter96 wrote:I wanted to apply a coupon code but couldnt find where to put it. please cancel my order or subtract $10 from my order (what coupon would do).

order#45202066

As luke975 wrote, just email into support@woot.com and they should be able to help you out with your order.

xwallabix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xwallabix

Late on this but wanted to share my thoughts.

This keyboard is awesome. Good feel, easy to hammer on, long battery life, perfect weight and size for a tablet bag.

If you are complaining about no stand I feel you but that is easily solved with a cheap "smart cover" or other case that converts to a stand. If you are carrying a keyboard I doubt the extra bulk of a smart cover will bother you and with this price you can pick up one of the under 10 dollar ones on ebay/amazon and still come out way on top.

The only problem with this is the inability to pair with multiple devices. If this is an issue for you (was for me) get the k810. Rechargeable and back-lit, can pair with 3 devices at once. But it does not come with a case either.