WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Bluetooth Gadgets

One of the things we love most about Bluetooth is that you don't even need to know anything about teeth to use it. Seriously! We're not joking! Dentists, baristas, professional jai alai players -- all of 'em can you Bluetooth. EVEN YOU.

boatshoes

quality posts: 4 Private Messages boatshoes

Can't find any reviews of the QFX BT-201. Hmm.

Motorola Smart Controller for Android has 2.5 stars on Amazon, mixed-to-negative reviews, for $23.99.

Don't call it a comeback, I been here for years

inhaliburton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inhaliburton

Could 2 of these be used together? For example, could 1 be attached to re-transmit Bluetooth signal from smartphone, then the 2nd be attached to a stereo system? In other words, the phone would transmit to the receiver. Both have better antennas, better range.

johniswar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johniswar

I purchased the Bluetooth tower last week when it was under a different sale. When using bluetooth, there is constant interference and the remote control doesn't provide any sort of BT controls. I don't advise anyone to purchase it unless they're ignoring the BT capabilities.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

inhaliburton wrote:Could 2 of these be used together? For example, could 1 be attached to re-transmit Bluetooth signal from smartphone, then the 2nd be attached to a stereo system? In other words, the phone would transmit to the receiver. Both have better antennas, better range.

Wooters might be able to help you better if you could let us know which items you're interested in. Thanks!

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dave0616

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dave0616
ThunderThighs wrote:Wooters might be able to help you better if you could let us know which items you're interested in. Thanks!

I think he wants to know if you can use the 2 miccus devices together, 1 transmitter and 1 receiver. I am ordering 1 of each and I will try it but I dont know if it will work.

inhaliburton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inhaliburton
dave0616 wrote:I think he wants to know if you can use the 2 miccus devices together, 1 transmitter and 1 receiver. I am ordering 1 of each and I will try it but I dont know if it will work.

Yes Dave, that's what I am wondering.

higgensalnwick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages higgensalnwick

Does anyone have an opinion on the Miccus Rx/Tx or the Avantree Saturn Rx/Tx? I am going to purchase the saturn hoping it is better since it has the aptX decoder.

88fingerz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 88fingerz

5Wx4 @4Ohms on the Bluetooth tower??? That's embarrassing...

headshot12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages headshot12
higgensalnwick wrote:Does anyone have an opinion on the Miccus Rx/Tx or the Avantree Saturn Rx/Tx? I am going to purchase the saturn hoping it is better since it has the aptX decoder.

I use a Miccus Rx in my car on a regular basis. It's connected to the Aux jack in the console, and it handles the Texas heat admirably. Great quality audio, and no interference (of course the phone is less than a foot away). I just wooted another one for home.

hrhollar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hrhollar

I have several of the Miccus transmitters and receivers...they work great together...I bought mine for around 35 apiece about 6 months ago - if I needed another bluetooth device I would purchase these in a heartbeat...

morpheus282

quality posts: 6 Private Messages morpheus282

I bought the Miccus BBMR-02 Mini-jack RX Bluetooth Music Receiver a few months ago. If given the choice I'd skip it in favor of something more reliable. We used it in my wife's car for a while but the connection was spotty and sound quality was a little off.

themitch21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages themitch21

The BT-201's work perfectly. Wonderful bass sound through Bluetooth. In fact, I'm so pleased with the bluetooth, I haven't even tried to do direct through auxiliary. Range is good, very satisfied.

haywardk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages haywardk

Anyone have opinion on the sound bar?

rejoyce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rejoyce

Which Bluetooth gadget is best to play music from an I-pad? Thanks

Robert Joyce

dave0616

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dave0616
inhaliburton wrote:Yes Dave, that's what I am wondering.

These can connect to each other, I rec'd mine today and connected them

tom77794

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tom77794

I have had one of the white Sylvania branded Bluetooth devices since last Fall. It works very good as an in-vehicle hands free BT with its built in microphone. Speaker sound quality and volume is very good and clear but just in mono from one speaker and built in port opposite the speaker. It paired easily with everything I've tried. I bought mine from Big Lots for $20 plus tax so $17 plus shipping is not a bad price. I think I may buy another as a spare since it works well as an inexpensive hands free device in my work truck and mine has survived a lot of abuse so far.

mtomasko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mtomasko

Avantree Roxa has pretty good reviews on Amazon, but a pretty small price difference given they ship it free...

http://www.amazon.com/Avantree-Bluetooth-Music-Receiver-Stereo/dp/B00ABIVN16/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_1

DataHaunt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DataHaunt

I purchased a QFX CS-42USBT tower from Woot. It was missing a remote and Woot instructed me to contact QFX.

QFX stated they would FedEx a new one to me. Quite some time later, a remote showed up in the mail.

QFX shipped it to me in a standard letter envelope, unprotected and the remote was physically shattered.

Still waiting to get this resolved.

ThunderThighs

Staff

DataHaunt wrote:I purchased a QFX CS-42USBT tower from Woot. It was missing a remote and Woot instructed me to contact QFX.

QFX stated they would FedEx a new one to me. Quite some time later, a remote showed up in the mail.

QFX shipped it to me in a standard letter envelope, unprotected and the remote was physically shattered.

Ugh. Post office is still hiring Hulk's relatives, I see. If you have problems resolving, feel free to email support@woot.com for some ideas.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

danlee00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danlee00
DataHaunt wrote:I purchased a QFX CS-42USBT tower from Woot. It was missing a remote and Woot instructed me to contact QFX.

Can you comment on sound quality? (I assume that the front of the device allows some operation.)

I bought one of these as well. The very low wattage concerns me. My tower will be delivered tomorrow.

DataHaunt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DataHaunt
danlee00 wrote:Can you comment on sound quality? (I assume that the front of the device allows some operation.)

I bought one of these as well. The very low wattage concerns me. My tower will be delivered tomorrow.

In BT mode, it picks up any line or local WiFi noise and sounds like crap. I have tried to fix this, but between QFX ignoring me after sending me a smashed remote and them now ignoring my emails, I figure I just wasted my money.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

DataHaunt wrote:In BT mode, it picks up any line or local WiFi noise and sounds like crap. I have tried to fix this, but between QFX ignoring me after sending me a smashed remote and them now ignoring my emails, I figure I just wasted my money.

If you still haven't heard back from QFX, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.

danlee00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danlee00
DataHaunt wrote:In BT mode, it picks up any line or local WiFi noise and sounds like crap. I have tried to fix this, but between QFX ignoring me after sending me a smashed remote and them now ignoring my emails, I figure I just wasted my money.

Yeah. I noticed the same. BT mode sucks major ass. Damn shame.. since that is why I bought it.

countdown

quality posts: 14 Private Messages countdown

Anyone else order the Miccus Home Bluetooth transmitter/receiver?

Notice it was missing the "Dipole Antennae" clearly listed in the package contents?

Cause I ordered 2, and both of mine were missing the Antennae.

ThunderThighs

Staff

countdown wrote:Anyone else order the Miccus Home Bluetooth transmitter/receiver?

Notice it was missing the "Dipole Antennae" clearly listed in the package contents?

Cause I ordered 2, and both of mine were missing the Antennae.

Seems strange that both are missing them as they are new. Could you double check the packaging to make sure they didn't hide them really well?

If you still have no luck, contact Miccus to see if they can send them (we don't have parts). If that doesn't work, contact support@woot.com.

sdownin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages sdownin

I got my Avantree BTHS-849 Over-Ear Headphones the other day, and so far am vary impressed with them. The headset feels heavy and sturdy, and the ear pads cushion nicely. While it's not a true around-the-ear headphone the pads made the headset very comfortable to wear even for extended periods.

The sound quality is GREAT. The bass response is solid and the mids and highs come through clearly. I've heard details in some of my music that I honestly never knew was in there because I'd never heard it before listening through these headphones!

The BT range is pretty good. I've wandered 30-40 feet from my iPhone and still had music coming through loud and clear. I haven't tried pushing the range further yet, but I may try, just to see what I can get.

I really havent' tested the battery life, yet. These stay at my office, and I plug them in to charge every night when I go home. If I get more info about battery life, I'll update.