WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

HDTVs and Mounts

Sure, having a hi-def TV is pretty good all by itself. But mounting it on the wall tells everyone, "You are either in the presence of a true player, or in a waiting room."

drummerdks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drummerdks

I'd say, bang-for-buck-wise, it looks like the best values are the 32" for $160 and the 40" for $230. It's very tempting for someone who just got another TV.

VetteLT193

quality posts: 6 Private Messages VetteLT193

I bought the Hisense 40 LED last time it was offered here. I also bought the Hisense 40 LCD TV the time before that.

In short: The LED is pretty bad to the bone for 230 bucks. The picture is clear and bright. Setup easy. Power use is low.

I have some complaints about the LCD that are not transferred to the LED... for example, the heat that comes off the LCD is incredible and there is light that is visible shooting from the corners of the TV when it goes to dark scenes, or, when watching a movie in a picture box. Not so with the LED, it's all good.

The LCD came in 'refurbished' (i.e., new) the LED came in actually refurbished or returned.

stv6669

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stv6669

Bought the 32" samsung, the box was labeled 31.5" and there was a huge crack in the top corner of the screen. I have to assume it looked that way when they boxed it up since there was undamage styrofoam surrounding each corner and there were two boxes protecting the TV, both of which are flawless.

Be warned "refurbished" may mean huge effing crack in the plastic.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

stv6669 wrote:Bought the 32" samsung, the box was labeled 31.5" and there was a huge crack in the top corner of the screen. I have to assume it looked that way when they boxed it up since there was undamage styrofoam surrounding each corner and there were two boxes protecting the TV, both of which are flawless.

Be warned "refurbished" may mean huge effing crack in the plastic.

Sorry for the damage to the TV. Please email support@woot.com for assistance.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders