quality posts: 2756 Private Messages lichme

Item: JLab Crasher Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Price: $39.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

hippie19

quality posts: 21 Private Messages hippie19

I swore my friends had one of these at a party this weekend and said you could link more than one together for all around sound.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3332 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Found a single perfect review over at tigerdirect.com

Lowerone

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Lowerone

No fair!

I recently bought something directly from Jlabs (Board of Circuits) and with the item I got a coupon for 75% off the Crasher. My final price would have been $50.

And here woot is selling it for LESS than direct from the company, with a coupon!

renebruce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renebruce

I have to chime in, I have now bought 3 of the pyle water proof ones that have been on woot and 1 sale a day, the fact that I have now been paddling about 12 times with the 1st unit in the ocean and it's still rocking says it all.. I would NOT waste my $$ on a non waterproof, cause dust will get inside of the JLab and ruin it like my jambox and the westinghouse one I tried. the pyle is by far the best for the $$$ bar none !!!

nazcaplain

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nazcaplain

Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz? I'd like to point out that high end Martin Logan speakers have that range for $5000 but I'd wager a king's ransom that a dinky 4" bluetooth speaker doesn't. Furthermore when a frequency response is listed without its variation across that spectrum at a given power, like: ±3 db for example, there's no frame of reference.
Despite this, it still seems like a good deal, I just dislike the misleading specifications.

CharlesP2009

quality posts: 27 Private Messages CharlesP2009

It looks like an appliance. O_o

armoredpig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages armoredpig

Hmmmmm most of those glowing amazon reviews are from people who have ONLY reviewed Jlab products...

SputnikHQ

quality posts: 8 Private Messages SputnikHQ

It looks like it can make toast OK but will it heat up bagels OK?

Word 2 ya mutha'

Jayrookie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jayrookie
armoredpig wrote:Hmmmmm most of those glowing amazon reviews are from people who have ONLY reviewed Jlab products...

This has been happening MORE and MORE online, ESP with Amazon, Padded reviews where some people only shop for highest reviewed products sometimes. I hate that

cybercpa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cybercpa

I just spent $29.99 for the normally 49.99/69.99 Auvio 4000375. I was thinking that something with a battery like that should also be able to charge a cell phone (but doesn't). Battery life is 6 hours. Freq response 100-15k. This looks like a deal.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn
armoredpig wrote:Hmmmmm most of those glowing amazon reviews are from people who have ONLY reviewed Jlab products...

Never underestimate the B.S. power of American marketing. I just saw "Free Range Chicken Flavor" cat treats.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

myfester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages myfester
radi0j0hn wrote:Never underestimate the B.S. power of American marketing. I just saw "Free Range Chicken Flavor" cat treats.

Output Machine Failing, Guys!...Free Range Chicken flavor cat treats. Yeah, my cats are so picky, they know the taste of free range and factory "flavoring" of chicken. Too funny!

arhuizenga

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arhuizenga

Would this be good for sitting out on the deck with some friends? Not a big party, just a few buddies drinkin' some beers and grillin' some burgers.

Looking for something that I can connect my iPhone too and stream some Pandora.

kingsc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kingsc

A few more reviews from Tiger Direct for the Black version:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7686202&csid=_61

don't have one

quality posts: 0 Private Messages don't have one

Came here to say this. Very suspect.

alrey

quality posts: 4 Private Messages alrey
myfester wrote:Output Machine Failing, Guys!...Free Range Chicken flavor cat treats. Yeah, my cats are so picky, they know the taste of free range and factory "flavoring" of chicken. Too funny!

And if that's not to your cat's taste, you can flavor it up with some of that Non-GMO Himalana Rock Salt I saw a couple weeks ago...

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah
renebruce wrote:I have to chime in, I have now bought 3 of the pyle water proof ones that have been on woot and 1 sale a day, the fact that I have now been paddling about 12 times with the 1st unit in the ocean and it's still rocking says it all.. I would NOT waste my $$ on a non waterproof, cause dust will get inside of the JLab and ruin it like my jambox and the westinghouse one I tried. the pyle is by far the best for the $$$ bar none !!!

Got a link?

Does the Pyle charge up USB devices too?

I am curious how weather resistant this is. I would like to take it out on the boat and bike.
Also, does anyone see a weight on this one? I am thinking of getting it just for the extra battery power, since iPwn drains to 20% before noon these days. Speaking of which, does its USB output 2amps for iPad charging?

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

ckeilah

http://www.macworld.com/article/2032172/review-rugged-bluetooth-speakers-for-travel-and-outdoor-use.html

Neither these, nor the aforementioned Pyles, made the list, but at 1/4 to 1/2 the price these might still have some uses. Probably not on the boat, however. :-P

nicholelobdell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nicholelobdell

How much was the Pyle one?

nichole lobdell

nicholelobdell

I bought a black Jlab crasher from Groupon for my husband to take to work. He works outdoors and with a lot of dust and debris in construction. Although it never goes through rain or bad weather, it does get beat up. He loves it. I'm deciding if I want one for me since his works so well. He even charges his phone from it when necessary. This is $10 less than I paid for his.....

nichole lobdell

enjuran

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enjuran
nicholelobdell wrote:I bought a black Jlab crasher from Groupon for my husband to take to work. He works outdoors and with a lot of dust and debris in construction. Although it never goes through rain or bad weather, it does get beat up. He loves it. I'm deciding if I want one for me since his works so well. He even charges his phone from it when necessary. This is $10 less than I paid for his.....

This sounds just like the amazon reviews.....

MEatRHIT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MEatRHIT
nazcaplain wrote:Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz? I'd like to point out that high end Martin Logan speakers have that range for $5000 but I'd wager a king's ransom that a dinky 4" bluetooth speaker doesn't. Furthermore when a frequency response is listed without its variation across that spectrum at a given power, like: ±3 db for example, there's no frame of reference.
Despite this, it still seems like a good deal, I just dislike the misleading specifications.

I hardly think this is really a concern for people buying a $40 bluetooth speaker. But yeah I doubt this thing goes much below 100Hz with much authority.

ckeilah

Duh. From everything i see, this turns your ipwn into a transistor radio (sound quality).

Kudos to woot for posting the Ahrs. rating, but what is the voltage? Power = VA, remember. ;-)

If you want tunes all day, and ipwn charging, check this out:
http://www.jbl.com/estore/jbl/us/products/JBL-Charge/JBL%20CHARGE_JBL_US

bayportbob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bayportbob

in for one. for the price it has to be reasonably usable. it is obviously not high end audiophile equipment. one wonders why people over think somethings on woot. later people!

wooting since 07.17.07

mderoller

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mderoller
renebruce wrote:I have to chime in, I have now bought 3 of the pyle water proof ones that have been on woot and 1 sale a day, the fact that I have now been paddling about 12 times with the 1st unit in the ocean and it's still rocking says it all.. I would NOT waste my $$ on a non waterproof, cause dust will get inside of the JLab and ruin it like my jambox and the westinghouse one I tried. the pyle is by far the best for the $$$ bar none !!!

Hi, please point me to these. They sound like what I want to use by the pool or patio. Thanks!

maskddingo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maskddingo
nazcaplain wrote:Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz? I'd like to point out that high end Martin Logan speakers have that range for $5000 but I'd wager a king's ransom that a dinky 4" bluetooth speaker doesn't. Furthermore when a frequency response is listed without its variation across that spectrum at a given power, like: ±3 db for example, there's no frame of reference.

If you pay $5000 for speakers and they only have 20hz-20khz range, you have been ripped off. Unless they are super efficent or something. 2, 4-inch speakers and a sub-woofer can easily obtian flatter response over 20hz to 20khz than your device is likely able to output.

ckeilah

Here is another positive review on these JLabs
http://www.digitaltrends.com/wireless-speaker-reviews/jlab-crasher-review/

The Pyles: coming soon (doing all this on a gen1 iPad is a pita). http://tech.woot.com/offers/pyle-marine-grade-bluetooth-speaker

nicholelobdell

enjuran wrote:This sounds just like the amazon reviews.....

I swear I'm real and been a WOOT buyer for years now. Questions about the product? I'll answer. I want to know more about those water proof ones....

nichole lobdell

TheRaven

quality posts: 10 Private Messages TheRaven
maskddingo wrote:If you pay $5000 for speakers and they only have 20hz-20khz range, you have been ripped off. Unless they are super efficent or something. 2, 4-inch speakers and a sub-woofer can easily obtian flatter response over 20hz to 20khz than your device is likely able to output.

Wow. I'm not sure what fantasy-land you're living in. Unless you go through some major work using non-standard sub-woofer enclosure, driver and amp building techniques, you'll be hard pressed to even reach a smooth, clean, powerful 20hz. On top of that, it'll cost you dearly.

Also, a couple 4" drivers aren't going to supply you with the upper frequencies you need.

The original posters point stands. You are not going to get 20hz-20khz response with this speaker. It's impossible. There. I've said it.

If they're using that figure at all maybe they're talking about the amplifier and without THD figures it still doesn't mean anything.

I only wish that even cheap electronics like this were required to provide full audio specifications so that people could accurately compare products.

I guess they figure that since you're using a phone as a playback device and you're using bluetooth then you don't care about audio quality. LOL!

All this being said, this seems like it's worth this ridiculously low price just for convenience and portability.

All of you considering this speaker, please realize that the bass WILL be lacking because it's just impossible to produce out of a device with drivers this size even with a couple of passive radiators.

I'll buy one just to see what it's all about and for some music out by the BBQ. :-)

timsampson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages timsampson

I don't expect the sound of a $150 speaker to come out of these, even though some people are comparing this to much more expensive speakers. I expect to get exactly what I pay for.

lmg95

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lmg95

I'm in for one... The reviews I've found that compare this to other brands in the price range are quite favorable. Since its almost half off I'll try out 2-day shipping to see if it comes before I go camping Friday.

janinaco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janinaco

In for one as well.

The wife and I talked about getting a bluetooth speaker this week end and I've been looking at the small Satechi models but today this one is priced the same thanks to Woot, it should be fine

kingjames1979

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingjames1979

Dude, the Person that typed that information probably doesn't know what frequency response is. Besides, they're mostly talking to people who don't know the difference between frequency response and the real world applications of a flux capacitor.

bayportbob

TheRaven wrote:

I'll buy one just to see what it's all about and for some music out by the BBQ. :-)

yup.... that's the way i look at it also...... if want something better it will surely cost a lot more than this...............

wooting since 07.17.07

bayportbob

kingjames1979 wrote:Dude, the Person that typed that information probably doesn't know what frequency response is. Besides, they're mostly talking to people who don't know the difference between frequency response and the real world applications of a flux capacitor.

OK..... about that flux capacitor...............

wooting since 07.17.07

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422

I'm with you. I'm surprised it doesn't boast 400 watts "Maximum Power" output.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.