WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Channel Master Antennas

When you're picking out an antenna, what are you going to go with? A channel apprentice? A channel novice? Nah, you don't want that! You want a CHANNEL MASTER. And guess what! We've got Channel Masters! Buy some!

Quality Posts

balar69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages balar69

http://www.sears.com/channel-master-cm-4220mhd-antenna-mounted-uhf-hdtv/p-SPM6532067001?prdNo=23

Aquila76

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Aquila76
balar69 wrote:http://www.sears.com/channel-master-cm-4220mhd-antenna-mounted-uhf-hdtv/p-SPM6532067001?prdNo=23

With shipping and tax (for me anyway, comes to $48. Kind of a wash. Also unclear if the seller includes the j-mount. Looks like he posted his listing from a 90's era T9 SMS.

My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal.

channelmaster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages channelmaster

Aquila76, the CM-4220MHD does come with the J-Mount included and yes we loved the 90's.

- Thanks,

Channel Master

Aquila76 wrote:With shipping and tax (for me anyway, comes to $48. Kind of a wash. Also unclear if the seller includes the j-mount. Looks like he posted his listing from a 90's era T9 SMS.

dyip32

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dyip32
channelmaster wrote:Aquila76, the CM-4220MHD does come with the J-Mount included and yes we loved the 90's.

- Thanks,

Channel Master

ah! nice, the vendor posts in here too? I genuinely didn't know that

ChannelMaster - regarding the CM-2016, it says it does not come with the J-mount.
Just to confirm, so what I see in the item description photo, the box will ONLY contain the antenna system... no mast no mounting hardware at all, am I correct?

Bradgall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bradgall

Make sure to check the channels in your area to see if you need both UHF and VHF.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dyip32 wrote:ah! nice, the vendor posts in here too? I genuinely didn't know that

ChannelMaster - regarding the CM-2016, it says it does not come with the J-mount.
Just to confirm, so what I see in the item description photo, the box will ONLY contain the antenna system... no mast no mounting hardware at all, am I correct?

That's something that we are happy to offer our customers that other sites don't. We encourage our vendors to interact with you guys and answer questions. We just ask that they identify themselves and he's done a dandy job of that.

Welcome ChannelMaster Dude(tte)!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

channelmaster

We are here to help. Yes, unfortunately the CM-2016 does not come with the J-Mount like the CM-4220MHD. The photo is meant to show the versatility of the CM-2016. Coaxial cable,
antenna mounts and masts sold separately.

Thanks,

Channel Master

dyip32 wrote:ah! nice, the vendor posts in here too? I genuinely didn't know that

channelmaster

Thank you!

ThunderThighs wrote:That's something that we are happy to offer our customers that other sites don't. We encourage our vendors to interact with you guys and answer questions. We just ask that they identify themselves and he's done a dandy job of that.

Welcome ChannelMaster Dude(tte)!

channelmaster

Forgot to mention that although it does not include the J-mount, the CM-2016 does come standard with a mast clamp (U-bolt & Nest) that will allow you to attach the antenna to a round mast or a J-Mount.

Just to confirm, so what I see in the item description photo, the box will ONLY contain the antenna system... no mast no mounting hardware at all, am I correct?[/quote]

heleeb32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heleeb32

How hard would it be to use my existing dish network cables and dish mount to work with this? Is it even possible?

channelmaster

Using your existing satellite wiring is totally possible, Dish or DirecTV. Over the Air Antennas use the same specified coaxial cable used by satellite and cable operators so there is no issue with the use of the cable itself. One thing you will want to make sure is that there are no switches or splitter like devices in the line between the antenna and the TV when using exiting satellite wiring. If there is a switch or a splitter like device (http://digitalhome.ca/forum/dhc_images/9200_sw44_2.jpg) in the line you will want to remove it and couple the line from the dish and the one to your TV together with a spice connector(http://www.channelmasterstore.com/F81_Splice_Connector_p/pct81fnw.htm) or install a regular Cable TV/Antenna Splitter (http://www.channelmasterstore.com/Antenna_Cable_TV_Splitter_p/cm-3213.htm) in it place.

It is a much easier installation if you use this existing wiring and we recommend it.

heleeb32 wrote:How hard would it be to use my existing dish network cables and dish mount to work with this? Is it even possible?

tonyp063

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonyp063
Make sure to check the channels in your area to see if you need both UHF and VHF.

You can see what channels are in your reception area, their direction & the frequencies they are broadcasting on by going to TV Fool and inputting your address or lat-long co-ordinates.

Make sure you look at the real channel reported, not the virtual channel.

For those that may not know, 7-13 is VHF-Hi, 14-52 is UHF

mark2114

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mark2114
channelmaster wrote:Forgot to mention that although it does not include the J-mount, the CM-2016 does come standard with a mast clamp (U-bolt & Nest) that will allow you to attach the antenna to a round mast or a J-Mount.

[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification I was going to buy if sold as pictured and would have been disappointed when I opened the package with no mount as illustrated. Saved Woot an RMA...

tico0001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tico0001

I'm interested in buying an outdoor antenna for picking up HD channels that are around 40 miles away. But I have no idea how to choose one of these three. Can someone explain a bit what the main differences are? I would really appreciate it.

~Tico

channelmaster

deleted.

channelmaster

Antenna selection is a game of distance and direction. All the choices here are directional meaning they need to be pointed in the right direction. The CM-3010 will catch signals in a multiple directions up to 180 degrees... the choice is yours if you are within 40 miles of your broadcast towers. The CM-3010 includes an amplifier!

tico0001 wrote:I'm interested in buying an outdoor antenna for picking up HD channels that are around 40 miles away. But I have no idea how to choose one of these three. Can someone explain a bit what the main differences are? I would really appreciate it.

~Tico

OverkillTASF

quality posts: 2 Private Messages OverkillTASF

Do these antennas have a color-code as shown on AntennaWeb?

channelmaster

3010 (Yellow and Green)+ Light Green with the 3038 Amp, 2016 (Yellow, Green, Light Green, and Red), 4220MHD (Yellow, Green and Light Green).

OverkillTASF wrote:Do these antennas have a color-code as shown on AntennaWeb?

kazper

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kazper
tico0001 wrote:I'm interested in buying an outdoor antenna for picking up HD channels that are around 40 miles away. But I have no idea how to choose one of these three. Can someone explain a bit what the main differences are? I would really appreciate it.

~Tico

I had a similar problem. My indoor antennae only picked up about 5 to 7 channels. Most days this wasn't a problem, but I wanted to watch the Superbowl and it wasn't being picked up. I decided to try to Mohu Leaf

http://www.amazon.com/Mohu-Leaf-Paper-Thin-Indoor-Antenna/dp/B004QK7HI8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371898302&sr=8-1&keywords=mohu+leaf

Best decision I could have made! Now we grab around 20 channels easily. It is extremely easy to install (they supply two small stickies) and works out of the box. Might want to consider it if you don't want to go the outdoor route...

hasopt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hasopt

I've looked into a roof antenna in the past but I'm not sure who to hire to do the installation. I'm in a three-level townhouse in the DC area. Any advice?

Rafikiwoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Rafikiwoot
hasopt wrote:I've looked into a roof antenna in the past but I'm not sure who to hire to do the installation. I'm in a three-level townhouse in the DC area. Any advice?

Call Superman

tigriss7

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tigriss7

I imagine that these would work great if you live in an urban area. I live in a rural area where the nearest stations, other than PBS, are around 90+ miles away. Satellite is the only way people outside of the city limits get more than 5-7 channels depending up the height of your antenna. I have Netflix and am just happy with that. With internet site posting current shows on their network sites, I'm good.

0ldeag1e

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 0ldeag1e
hasopt wrote:I've looked into a roof antenna in the past but I'm not sure who to hire to do the installation. I'm in a three-level townhouse in the DC area. Any advice?

We started out our digital-tv-broadcast adventures with an old aluminum rooftop antenna set up in the attic - got very good reception of more than 30 Philadelphia-area channels.

Unfortunately I managed to knock the antenna over and it disintegrated; I wound up attaching one of those wedge-shaped amplified outdoor antennas to the side of the chimney facing the majority of the local stations; we now get more than 40 channels crystal-clear most of the time, with some issues during storms. All the attachment required was a long ladder, a 50' coax cable (more than we needed, but just to be safe,) and the mounting kit that came with the device.

Oh, I forgot to say - you have to play around a bit with placement, at least for what we used. I'd recommend putting it up yourself and figuring on a day or two of shifting to see where it works best.

myfester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages myfester

Do any of these come with a warranty?

We have a Lava brand we bought, spend a bit more money for, and the customer service isn't so great. They were supposed to send replacement parts for pieces that broke way prematurely...never did. We may get a new antenna, but now skeptical as to how they're going to hold up for the price. Pointless to have to buy one once a year because of quality.

I am impressed that manufacturer is in the forum and answering questions. Hoping that would mean customer service after purchase will be just as good.

doulos3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doulos3

Yay bow ties.

Hmmm...I wonder how long it would take to build some of these with cardboard, aluminum foil and duck tape.

ojaudet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ojaudet

Why are some antennae called HDTV? Don't all antennae, even "rabbit ears", pick up HDTV?

I'm very happy with my 20 USD, Woot-sourced, Winegard FlatWave [paper thin wall hanger]: http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/ac102197-42ef-42f9-91fe-b11e7beec217/winegard-flatwave-hdtv-1080p-indoor-digital-antenna-with-25-mile-range-clear-fr#16

channelmaster

We do have antennas for those outside the 40 mile range. Depending on your situation we have antennas that will work up to 100 Miles.

tigriss7 wrote:I imagine that these would work great if you live in an urban area. I live in a rural area where the nearest stations, other than PBS, are around 90+ miles away. Satellite is the only way people outside of the city limits get more than 5-7 channels depending up the height of your antenna. I have Netflix and am just happy with that. With internet site posting current shows on their network sites, I'm good.

channelmaster

Channel Master antennas will receive HDTV, Digital TV and Analog TV. To the antenna its all the same so long as the signal is for Broadcast Television and not for something like two way microwave communication or something.

ojaudet wrote:Why are some antennae called HDTV? Don't all antennae, even "rabbit ears", pick up HDTV?

I'm very happy with my 20 USD, Woot-sourced, Winegard FlatWave [paper thin wall hanger]: http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/ac102197-42ef-42f9-91fe-b11e7beec217/winegard-flatwave-hdtv-1080p-indoor-digital-antenna-with-25-mile-range-clear-fr#16

channelmaster

All Channel Master antennas come with a limited 90 day warranty! We can provide tech support as well. The only thing we cant do is come out and install it for you. Feel free to contact us during normal business hours. All this info is available on our website at www.channelmaster.com

myfester wrote:Do any of these come with a warranty?

We have a Lava brand we bought, spend a bit more money for, and the customer service isn't so great. They were supposed to send replacement parts for pieces that broke way prematurely...never did. We may get a new antenna, but now skeptical as to how they're going to hold up for the price. Pointless to have to buy one once a year because of quality.

I am impressed that manufacturer is in the forum and answering questions. Hoping that would mean customer service after purchase will be just as good.

endoarts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages endoarts
channelmaster wrote:We do have antennas for those outside the 40 mile range. Depending on your situation we have antennas that will work up to 100 Miles.

Eh, why not some of the 100 mile range antennae here...right now. I've got cash! Make me a deal. I know you have enough clout to cut the bake that cake!

atrowe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atrowe

Can these be mounted in an attic? I'm not sure my neighbors would appreciate the sleek lines and futuristic design of your antennas as much as I do.

channelmaster

Absolutely they can be installed in your attic.

atrowe wrote:Can these be mounted in an attic? I'm not sure my neighbors would appreciate the sleek lines and futuristic design of your antennas as much as I do.

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975

several sellers have the Channel Master CM-4220MHD cheaper on amazon.

I always did like yardsales.

lll0228

quality posts: 34 Private Messages lll0228

For those who are asking questions regarding the suitability of these antenna for your applications, check out AntennaWeb.

Enter your zip code (address optional) and it will help you identify the closest broadcasting towers and their distance (and angle) from your address. It would also give you the antenna color-code required for your installation.

Here are the color code's explanation:

If your installation is pretty far away and require the "blue" or "purple" antenna, you will need to get the right ones at ChannelMaster. If you are in most urban areas, though, you should do ok with most of these.

Hope this helps. This is not magic, just engineering/science. Great prices, by the way.

EDIT: LoL. Thanks. I do teach EE at a certain University...

hancox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hancox
channelmaster wrote:Using your existing satellite wiring is totally possible, Dish or DirecTV. Over the Air Antennas use the same specified coaxial cable used by satellite and cable operators so there is no issue with the use of the cable itself. One thing you will want to make sure is that there are no switches or splitter like devices in the line between the antenna and the TV when using exiting satellite wiring. If there is a switch or a splitter like device (http://digitalhome.ca/forum/dhc_images/9200_sw44_2.jpg) in the line you will want to remove it and couple the line from the dish and the one to your TV together with a spice connector(http://www.channelmasterstore.com/F81_Splice_Connector_p/pct81fnw.htm) or install a regular Cable TV/Antenna Splitter (http://www.channelmasterstore.com/Antenna_Cable_TV_Splitter_p/cm-3213.htm) in it place.

It is a much easier installation if you use this existing wiring and we recommend it.

Whoa whoa whoa. I love channel master (I own a 4228 plus 7777, and it's one of my best purchases ever), but this is likely very wrong.

DirecTV's latest installs use a single-wire-multiswitch (SWM), and combine networking with the TV signal.If you use their networking, this will specifially PREVENT over-the-air (OTA) signals from working. I believe Dish's Hopper/Joey is similar, if hard-wired.

If you happen to have a spare/unused cable, and can get this from antenna to tuner, that's best. You *can* diplex (combine) the OTA and satellite signal, if you have an older existing install, but it's not as good (and likely to be a problem when you upgrade equipment).

Just a word of warning. Again, I love the Channel Master brand, and wholeheartedly endorse their products.

channelmaster

Hi Hancox,

You are absolutely right. Please let me clarify my response to the question. If you intend on completely replacing your satellite service with one of these antennas and want to use the same wiring, this is possible.

If you are trying to install the antenna signal along with Satellite and want to share the same coax cable for both, this could be problematic depending on if the Satellite company (Dish or Direct) is using MoCA/Deca technology in lower frequencies for their whole home DVR service.

I think we interpreted the question two different ways, I though the questions asked if it is possible to use existing satellite cable & mount for antenna use after satellite has been disconnected. I gathered this because they also asked if the mount could be used and if they intended on keeping satellite they probably would not be looking to use the same mount to install the antenna on.

So basically both of our responses are correct based on the context of the question.

hancox wrote:Whoa whoa whoa. I love channel master (I own a 4228 plus 7777, and it's one of my best purchases ever), but this is likely very wrong.

DirecTV's latest installs use a single-wire-multiswitch (SWM), and combine networking with the TV signal.If you use their networking, this will specifially PREVENT over-the-air (OTA) signals from working. I believe Dish's Hopper/Joey is similar, if hard-wired.

If you happen to have a spare/unused cable, and can get this from antenna to tuner, that's best. You *can* diplex (combine) the OTA and satellite signal, if you have an older existing install, but it's not as good (and likely to be a problem when you upgrade equipment).

Just a word of warning. Again, I love the Channel Master brand, and wholeheartedly endorse their products.

spiderr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spiderr

Can someone give me the too-lazy-to-research difference for these guys? They all seem to have 45 mile reach. The cheapest has an amp (huh?). If I want to have the best, most reliable possible reception, and PBS Kids is a 150 degree angle + 30 miles from all the major networks 11 miles away (zip 27601), which would I choose?

intensesupernova

quality posts: 2 Private Messages intensesupernova

So can you use the dish mount, or not? (maybe I missed it?)

wooowoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooowoot

Hey - Thanks for that! (The TV Fool link)