WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Gunnar Optiks Computer/Gaming Eyewear

You've got the glasses you wear when you read, the ones you wear when you drive, the ones you wear when you shower, the ones you wear when you watch a romantic comedy, and the ones you wear when you sleep. Complete your collection with these glasses you wear when you play computer games. 
Gunnar official site

jdiazj1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdiazj1

I really wish these things would fit my massive cranium. I've already purchased 2 different pairs and those things do NOT fit at all. Can't return them, Gunnar can't exchange them so I'm basically stuck with 2 pairs of useless glasses, sigh

danritter96


quality posts: 0 Private Messages danritter96
jdiazj1 wrote:I really wish these things would fit my massive cranium. I've already purchased 2 different pairs and those things do NOT fit at all. Can't return them, Gunnar can't exchange them so I'm basically stuck with 2 pairs of useless glasses, sigh



Ill take them for you ;)

shypunkgrrl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shypunkgrrl

I have the Anime style. Ugly color, but they surely reduce the eyestrain at work!

mattryan


quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan

I own a number of Gunnars. My most recent purchase, the Halogen Adv. Outdoor is by far the best purchase. Easily one of the best pairs of sunglasses I have EVER owned. They fit remarkably well and they diffuse the light perfectly. Could not ask for a better pair of glasses. Just wish they had an available hard case.

My biggest gripe is people asking me if they are Gucci... my response, no gunnar... (Please, like I would wear Gucci.)

yeunghunlee


quality posts: 0 Private Messages yeunghunlee
jdiazj1 wrote:I really wish these things would fit my massive cranium. I've already purchased 2 different pairs and those things do NOT fit at all. Can't return them, Gunnar can't exchange them so I'm basically stuck with 2 pairs of useless glasses, sigh



What size head to you have? Like hat wise? I have a big dome too and was wondering if my head would fit these.

mikeslater1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikeslater1

"Halogen Advanced Outdoor eyeware" - "specifically engineered for digital viewing indoors". Erm...whut? Are they sunglasses, or not? Are they 100% UVA-B,C,D...EDFG...or will my eyes melt if I wear them outside? That would not be very advanced, or the kind of adventure I'd like... Gunnar site is no help. Any idea?

SerialBeggar


quality posts: 4 Private Messages SerialBeggar

How's about something to accommodate us prescription wearers.

aaronhenry


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aaronhenry

The only problem with this event is that I have glanced over it AGAIN and missed the ones I wanted

Next time great event, Woot!

jdiazj1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdiazj1
yeunghunlee wrote:What size head to you have? Like hat wise? I have a big dome too and was wondering if my head would fit these.



I wear a 7 7/8 hat so that problem that I have is two-fold. A wide face so the lenses wont reach the end of my face and two, the arms reach my ears but just rest there. They don't grip my ears so they fall off.

mikeslater1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikeslater1
mikeslater1 wrote:"Halogen Advanced Outdoor eyeware" - "specifically engineered for digital viewing indoors". Erm...whut? Are they sunglasses, or not? Are they 100% UVA-B,C,D...EDFG...or will my eyes melt if I wear them outside? That would not be very advanced, or the kind of adventure I'd like... Gunnar site is no help. Any idea?



Called Gunnar - these are OUTDOOR glasses. They're sunglasses. They are NOT "specifically engineered for digital viewing indoors". Gunnar rep said he'd get that over to the web team to correct the description. So...I just bought a nice pair of sunglasses...
Doh! ~( 8^(|)

stacy837


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stacy837
mattryan wrote:I own a number of Gunnars. My most recent purchase, the Halogen Adv. Outdoor is by far the best purchase. Easily one of the best pairs of sunglasses I have EVER owned. They fit remarkably well and they diffuse the light perfectly.




Assuming they are UV filtering and all that as normal sunglasses, do tehy distort your distance vision like other Gunnars do, being designed for mid-range viewing? Also, do they work for night driving or are they too dark for that?

mattryan


quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan
stacy837 wrote:Assuming they are UV filtering and all that as normal sunglasses, do tehy distort your distance vision like other Gunnars do, being designed for mid-range viewing? Also, do they work for night driving or are they too dark for that?



No impact to distance viewing. I have not worn them at night, so I cannot say if they work at night. My honest thought thought would be they are too dark to do so.

mattryan


quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan
stacy837 wrote:Assuming they are UV filtering and all that as normal sunglasses, do tehy distort your distance vision like other Gunnars do, being designed for mid-range viewing? Also, do they work for night driving or are they too dark for that?



Forgot to add. I was caught in traffic for a solid 3 hours (thank you DC) and they were so comfortable I forgot they were on my head. Which is a first because I usually get irritated with the feel/pressure on my nose and ears I take them off.

techkyle


quality posts: 3 Private Messages techkyle
mattryan wrote:Forgot to add. I was caught in traffic for a solid 3 hours (thank you DC) and they were so comfortable I forgot they were on my head. Which is a first because I usually get irritated with the feel/pressure on my nose and ears I take them off.



I find I have tiny issues when trying to focus on something more than 3 feet away when wearing my pair.

kazper


quality posts: 6 Private Messages kazper

Bought the e11vens less than a month ago. I was afraid they wouldn't fit my large head, but that seems to be a non-issue.

The glasses offer a slight magnification and yellowish tint to anything you look at. For me, some times they work and other times they do not seem to reduce eye strain. In fact, they seem to contribute to it to an extent. This might be due to different levels of fatigue on my part.

Would I buy them again? Not sure, the verdict is still out and I haven't had them for long enough to give them a complete yay or nay review.

Thiney49


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Thiney49
SerialBeggar wrote:How's about something to accommodate us prescription wearers.



They can be made into prescription glasses, but you certainly won't find those on woot (or any resale site). If you really want some, give this a look. http://shop.gunnars.com/prescription-eyewear2.html

primeai


quality posts: 0 Private Messages primeai

Can you order these with prescription lenses?

neumbp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages neumbp
primeai wrote:Can you order these with prescription lenses?



Prescription lenses are available... for full price

http://www.gunnars.com/rx/

Sorry poor-eyed people.

Iceman1959


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceman1959

Ok I bought 2 pair and I must say I am extremely disapointed in these.
Actually the pair that I bought at Sams club for a 1/4 of the price out shine these 10 to 1

graurkf


quality posts: 0 Private Messages graurkf

I would like to add to those asking about prescriptions for these glasses. If you are like me at all and can't see at all without your glasses they don't make the prescription high enough for you.

So yea unless I get Lasik Eye Surgery (which btw I'm not eligible for because my eyesight is so terrible) I will not ever be able to get them.