Lots of additional info over at audyssey.com

lichme

quality posts: 2651 Private Messages lichme

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3115 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

pcmag.com found these to be "good"

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

I bought the black, non-bluetooth versions on woot about 6 months ago and I like them a lot. They sound great in a small room.

kjack83435

quality posts: 13 Private Messages kjack83435

Had to have a pair for the office before they are gone. I have had them at home in the office for several months, replaced a Bose with them and have not been sorry. I also have two of the airplay speakers from this company. Great speakers and customer service is first rate

caferace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages caferace

What kind of range are you getting from the Bluetooth source, those of you who own these already? Is three feet on either side pushing the boundary of range?

TIA..

-jim

eggrob

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eggrob

Do these have the same 30 min auto shut off as the non-BT version? I have 2 pairs of them. Great sound but I find the shut-off more annoying than I thought I would.

lbdesign

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lbdesign

They sound good, but mine burnt out after 2 weeks. Like, burnt electronics and a bad smell. Be sure to read the reviews first.

dstr0yr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dstr0yr

Nice speakers. Good sound. Subwoofer is built into the back of the speaker. Bluetooth works, but you have to reconnect every time they "hibernate" (not sure if they call it that). Also, being bluetooth, they aren't completely wireless. You still have a speaker wire connecting the left and the right speaker as well as power. I gave up on using BT and stuck with the more reliable 1/8" connection. Wish I could have saved a hundred bucks and bought them here.

kerien

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kerien

Can these be cascaded to play from 1 device to multiple rooms?

jeffaudyssey

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jeffaudyssey
eggrob wrote:Do these have the same 30 min auto shut off as the non-BT version? I have 2 pairs of them. Great sound but I find the shut-off more annoying than I thought I would.

Its 2 hours shutoff on this model.

okayjay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages okayjay

I bought the black non bluetooth version of these last year. They were worth the money. Only downside is the auto shutoff thing after 30 mins.If these are as good as the black ones, I'd say it's a really good deal. Too bad I don't need bluetooth speakers.

jeffaudyssey

caferace wrote:What kind of range are you getting from the Bluetooth source, those of you who own these already? Is three feet on either side pushing the boundary of range?

TIA..

-jim

Typical bluetooth range-- about 25-30 feet.

jeffaudyssey

loveladyelectric wrote:I bought the black, non-bluetooth versions on woot about 6 months ago and I like them a lot. They sound great in a small room.

These have upgraded drivers and play a bit louder.

linkdude64

quality posts: 7 Private Messages linkdude64

If these things have upgraded drivers, then I'd consider this an insanely good deal. I am extremely satisfied after buying the black not BT version for practically the same price. Even after having one pair burn out, Audyssey replaced them with a fresh pair, and it has been smooth sailing since then.

Highly recommend these to anyone who needs speakers. If I had a hundred bucks burning a hole in my pocket, I would pounce on this.

gwpriester

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gwpriester

I have a pair of these that I purchased from Amazon.com a few years ago for around $250. They are excellent small speakers and actually shake the ground.

Lister22

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Lister22

I, too, have the black pair that was on Woot a few months back. I bought them to use as desktop speakers. Love them. The auto-shutoff was annoying for the first few weeks but now I reach over and turn them on without even noticing that I do it.

These apparently have better internals for better sound and a two hour shutoff which is much better. Highly recommended.

cmacclel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cmacclel

I bought the Black ones a few months ago and they sounded ok. For the price I'd still buy a 2.1 system as I thought the bass was definitely lacking.

pitt1989

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pitt1989

Do not buy from Audyssey. I bought a pair of their speakers at Christmas time and they would not work at all, so tried to get the company (Audyssey) to replace them but they gave me the run around for 5 months. Finally Woot! returned my money and apologized for the inconvenience. Woot! was great but I will never buy from Audyssesy again.

jmasur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmasur

Do these have any standard mounting holes or the like built in? Seems like a nice setup to put in my kitchen, but I'd love to have them out of the way.

jeffaudyssey

pitt1989 wrote:Do not buy from Audyssey. I bought a pair of their speakers at Christmas time and they would not work at all, so tried to get the company (Audyssey) to replace them but they gave me the run around for 5 months. Finally Woot! returned my money and apologized for the inconvenience. Woot! was great but I will never buy from Audyssesy again.

Any issues whatsoever please contact John Hager at jhager@audyssey.com

jeffaudyssey

linkdude64 wrote:If these things have upgraded drivers, then I'd consider this an insanely good deal. I am extremely satisfied after buying the black not BT version for practically the same price. Even after having one pair burn out, Audyssey replaced them with a fresh pair, and it has been smooth sailing since then.

Highly recommend these to anyone who needs speakers. If I had a hundred bucks burning a hole in my pocket, I would pounce on this.

If you like the black ones, you will LOVE these. Deeper and more powerful.

jeffaudyssey

jmasur wrote:Do these have any standard mounting holes or the like built in? Seems like a nice setup to put in my kitchen, but I'd love to have them out of the way.

Hi, they are not meant for wall mounting and the built-in stands are optimized for desktop/tabletop use.

ManoShevitz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ManoShevitz
jmasur wrote:Do these have any standard mounting holes or the like built in? Seems like a nice setup to put in my kitchen, but I'd love to have them out of the way.

No, they are not intended to be mounted. From the product manual on the Audyssey site:
http://www.audyssey.com/sites/default/files/WS_manual_v1.3.pdf
"We did not intend for the Wireless Speakers to be mounted on a wall. The passive bass radiator needs some space to breathe."

(EDIT: I swear Jeff's answer wasn't there when I posted. Grr.)

ignatiusjreilly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ignatiusjreilly
jeffaudyssey wrote:Any issues whatsoever please contact John Hager at jhager@audyssey.com

Seems more than a little suspicious to be offering someone on a forum special treatment right while you're trying to make more sales.

jeffaudyssey

ignatiusjreilly wrote:Seems more than a little suspicious to be offering someone on a forum special treatment right while you're trying to make more sales.

Not at all, we want happy customers, so as I stated if there are any concerns please contact John Hager.

thanks, Jeff

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 541 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ignatiusjreilly wrote:Seems more than a little suspicious to be offering someone on a forum special treatment right while you're trying to make more sales.

He's simply trying to help a customer.

We welcome our company reps in the forums to answer questions and take care of customers. It's something we can offer than few other retailers can.

Welcome back, Jeff!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mingcholee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mingcholee

There were Wirecutters favorite computer speakers... until today (because they are so difficult to find.)

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-computer-speakers-audyssey-media-speakers/

rturkel1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rturkel1

I have a 32" Samsung HDTV that does not have optical audio out. Can these be hooked up to the headphone out or audio out from the TV?

duckfanbuck

quality posts: 2 Private Messages duckfanbuck

Have heard these at a friend's and this is a screaming deal. In for a pair...

Beangonz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Beangonz

I bought the non-bluetooth version of these last time they came around, and had to send them back almost immediately under warranty. That whole process was actually pretty easy, but somebody swiped them from my front porch on the return trip. I'd like to pick these up, but it doesn't feel like so much of a deal anymore, seeing as I'll have shelled out ~$200 for one set of speakers...

I wish I knew how close they were to selling out. I want to mull this one over a bit.

guygabay

quality posts: 1 Private Messages guygabay

Is it possible to use these with an Apple TV?

jadamleavitt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jadamleavitt
rturkel1 wrote:I have a 32" Samsung HDTV that does not have optical audio out. Can these be hooked up to the headphone out or audio out from the TV?

The bluetooth model available for sale today actually doesn't have a digital optical audio port, (the non-bluetooth model available for sale in the past on Woot did, but this one sadly doesn't) just a 1/8" audio input jack, so they could be hooked up to the headphone out jack on your TV with the audio cable included in the box.

Knolly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Knolly

Is the 1/8" input the port on the front? Or is that a headphone jack and the input is on the back?

ferretferret

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ferretferret

Well, considering that my best sound equipment is a pair of computer speakers from the late 1990's, I think it might be time to upgrade.
Though, given that they screech when I turn them off, they don't handle disappointment very well... I'll have to be very careful when replacing them. ;)

That being said, while there are inherent limitations to using only two speakers, certain benefits such as price/quality ratio and portability make these quite ideal for college life.

Beangonz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Beangonz
Knolly wrote:Is the 1/8" input the port on the front? Or is that a headphone jack and the input is on the back?

I'm pretty sure the jack on the front is a headphone out. The input is on the back. Unless they changed that from the black non-wireless version.

Edit: Definitely headphone out on the front. See the manual; it has a port diagram: http://www.audyssey.com/sites/default/files/WS_manual_v1.3.pdf

jeffaudyssey

Beangonz wrote:I'm pretty sure the jack on the front is a headphone out. The input is on the back. Unless they changed that from the black non-wireless version.

Edit: Definitely headphone out on the front. See the manual; it has a port diagram: http://www.audyssey.com/sites/default/files/WS_manual_v1.3.pdf

Hi, jack on front is for headphones.

rpmalouin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rpmalouin
guygabay wrote:Is it possible to use these with an Apple TV?

I have the wired ones and they work fine with appleTV through a toslink cable. Not sure these have that. But if you want to hook to that device then the wired ones will work.

rpmalouin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rpmalouin
rpmalouin wrote:I have the wired ones and they work fine with appleTV through a toslink cable. Not sure these have that. But if you want to hook to that device then the wired ones will work.

just looked at the manual for these they don't have the toslink output like the wired ones...