WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pyle Electronics Pyle-Up

We sure Pyle it on here at Tech.Woot. Every time you look, it seems like we've got a big steaming Pyle of Pyle audio stuff. Why? Because we like our sound like we like our corned beef sandwiches: Pyled high!
Pyle official site

ghavo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ghavo

I bought the Pyle Pro PPHP103MU 10" 600W Powered Two-Way the last Pyle Woot and I love it. I have used it for picnic parties, indoor cheer-leading practices (for my 2 girls) and even Karaoke/singing. I love the fact that the MP3 and the mic have 2 different volume settings so you can speak/sing while there is background music.

I have used the USB and SD card feature and works great in picking up MP3 files. I haven't tried other formats.

Finally, it's quite a durable speaker. I doubt it would survive a 10 foot fall but the outer shell can take a beating.

zzzzzz.... snort.... zzzzz... What? Woot? Where? When? Why?.... awwww... spent money again.... yawn... zzzzzz snort... zzzzz... What? Woot? Where?.....

l33tDad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages l33tDad

So, with the Pyle 10" PA speaker, this may be a dumb question, but is there only 1 speaker in the deal or 2 as shown in the picture? It's kind of unclear to me as the description seems to imply 1, but as I said, there are 2 in the picture...

helpmymac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages helpmymac

I bought the Pyle Pro PADRI3 Phono Pre-Amp w/ USB/RCA Audio Converter for PC/Mac the last time it was offered. Sadly I don't understand why they call it Mac compatible. There is no Mac software for it and when I sent an email (only option) to Pyle tech support I got no response. So now it sits next to my turntable where both items are collecting dust.

jdub71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdub71

How much does it weigh? I need it to go in check baggage for overseas but need it to be relatively lightweight.

nleksan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nleksan

Wondering about the 5.1ch Home-Theater-in-a-Box speaker setup, as it looks like it'd make a perfectly passable and unobtrusive surround sound speaker setup for my gaming PC...
I usually use one of my sets of headphones (ATH-AD900X's, Grado RS1i's/PS1000's/GS1000's, Sennheiser HD898's) or more rarely one of my 2.0/2.1ch Studio Monitor speaker setups (M-Audio BX5a's, Behringer/Definitive Technology/Velodyne/Sonus Faber), but I sometimes just want to have a near-field surround sound setup. I don't want to spend much, as it won't be used THAT often (maybe 2-4hrs a week?) as I have a custom home theater for watching movies/television with a very high end audio setup.

This would be PURELY for gaming and the occasional online video or file-shared video with actual surround audio (or even just testing if they do).
Output from the PC is via Creative X-Fi Titanium HD and I have a number of options for going from the Optical/Coax digital cable to the speakers (i.e. receivers but not sure if they'll pass-thru as I don't want the receiver's DAC to be used, amplifier, etc).

Speakers would be positioned, in direct distance from my head, about:
Front Left/Right - 36"
Center Channel - 26-28"
Surround L/R - 36-42"
Subwoofer - 52-54"

Any thoughts?

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090
l33tDad wrote:So, with the Pyle 10" PA speaker, this may be a dumb question, but is there only 1 speaker in the deal or 2 as shown in the picture? It's kind of unclear to me as the description seems to imply 1, but as I said, there are 2 in the picture...

Just one 2-way speaker. It's just showing you the front and back views of the same thing.

themosquito

quality posts: 3 Private Messages themosquito

Bought a pair of these for use at a non-profit for multiple uses: PA, music/DJ duty and movie night on a projector with portable screen at our venue. They have great sound!! Very versatile. Bought stands, microphone/stand combo, additional cables to allow use with Behringer XENYX502 5-Channel Mixer so I could manage multiple sound sources and a variety of cables to connect everything (bought everything else from amazon). It all works great for what we need. I am not a sound engineer and this is my first attempt at putting something together but it all works well and sounds great for PA type equipment.

itoaseik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik

Hey Woot, I may have mentioned this before, but please sell me a cheap basic alarm clock, hopefully before mine completely dies. Thanks.

jsorr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsorr
helpmymac wrote:I bought the Pyle Pro PADRI3 Phono Pre-Amp w/ USB/RCA Audio Converter for PC/Mac the last time it was offered. Sadly I don't understand why they call it Mac compatible. There is no Mac software for it and when I sent an email (only option) to Pyle tech support I got no response. So now it sits next to my turntable where both items are collecting dust.

You may not be able to use the included software disk but the turntable should work with your Mac ok. Worst case scenario, you might have to download some freeware app to help you out. I hope I'm right because I just ordered one and I have a Mac! Good luck.

greyday

quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday

I bought the 5.1 setup last time it was on woot.

I can't recommend it. While it's not terrible, and is mid to halfway decent (especially for the price), the mounts can only be tightened from the back, and they loosen when you try to move the speakers. So basically you can't adjust once installed or you have to remove them from the wall so you can retighten.

The middle speaker is a bit flat, no real depth at all to it, but if you boost the channel a bit it works fine. The fronts and backs are fine. The subwoofer is decent and has a decent range, but it also has a "power saving" cut off that engages when the bass level falls below a point that is not adjustable and occurs during basically all movies (including the dark knight rises, which is ALL LOW END). Customer service are friendly but take, on average, two weeks to answer every question.

Overall? Avoid.

pedalpowered

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pedalpowered
jsorr wrote:You may not be able to use the included software disk but the turntable should work with your Mac ok. Worst case scenario, you might have to download some freeware app to help you out. I hope I'm right because I just ordered one and I have a Mac! Good luck.

It says it includes Audacity -- an awesome Free Software audio editor. Perhaps they forgot to include the Mac version on the CD? Here's the dl link:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/mac