WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

ZOMM Wireless Cellphone Leashes

We like to keep our loved ones at our sides. That's why we use leashes for dogs, so we can protect them from the dangers of the outside world. And that's also why we need leashes for cell phones! Phones are basically the same things as dogs, right? Good. Glad we could agree on that.

dhagood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhagood

Sounded Great till I read reviews on Amazon.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dhagood wrote:Sounded Great till I read reviews on Amazon.

Just make sure to look at the most recent reviews. They've made some software and firmware upgrades to address earlier problems.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

zommtech

quality posts: 7 Private Messages zommtech
dhagood wrote:Sounded Great till I read reviews on Amazon.

In the evolution of any product, there are bugs. How you deal with those bugs will determine your success as a company.
We have released numerous software and firmware updates, which are always FREE once you're a ZOMM customer, that have provided solutions to earlier problems.

WilfBrim

quality posts: 18 Private Messages WilfBrim

I would have been interested if there was some way to use it as a leash only, and not as a speakerphone (I have other, better solutions for that). Since it appears that the BT profile is all or none on this device (no way to turn off the speakerphone) I'm not interested.

zommtech

quality posts: 7 Private Messages zommtech

This offer includes a ZOMM Wireless Leash in Pink, White or Black, a USB Charger, a USB car charger, a visor clip for handsfree calls in your car, a quick release key chain and a quick start guide. Woot's bulk purchasing power provides everything at an amazing price point.

zommtech2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zommtech2
WilfBrim wrote:I would have been interested if there was some way to use it as a leash only, and not as a speakerphone (I have other, better solutions for that). Since it appears that the BT profile is all or none on this device (no way to turn off the speakerphone) I'm not interested.

Using the myZOMM software, you can customize your device, including deactivating the features you aren't interested in using. You can use it as a Leash only.

Please note that the Wireless Leash connects to your phone using the Bluetooth hands-free profile. Many phones can be connected to one hands-free device at a time.

kovie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kovie

Is there any way to decrease the amount of time one has to press the button to call an emergency number, from 15 seconds to, say, 3-5 seconds?

Both my parents are in their 70's and this could be a less expensive alternative to one of those Life Alert devices, but it's not reasonable to expect someone at that age experiencing a medical or other emergency to be able or even remember to press the button for 15 seconds.

Kovie

zommtech2

kovie wrote:Is there any way to decrease the amount of time one has to press the button to call an emergency number, from 15 seconds to, say, 3-5 seconds?

Both my parents are in their 70's and this could be a less expensive alternative to one of those Life Alert devices, but it's not reasonable to expect someone at that age experiencing a medical or other emergency to be able or even remember to press the button for 15 seconds.

With the latest firmware update, the emergency dialing timing has been contracted. You have to press and hold the Z-button for a total of 9 seconds to place the emergency call. All that a user has to remember is to press and hold the button until it says "dialing emergency assistance."
This timing cannot be changed or customized.

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz

I'd be interested without a doubt if I hadn't realized that the ZOMM leash being sold here does not work with an app for an Iphone 5. Instead you have to shut off your bluetooth connection. Again, I'd have bought it already if it weren't for the face that I'd have to use my computer instead of an app.

zommtech2

mibutterflywingz wrote:I'd be interested without a doubt if I hadn't realized that the ZOMM leash being sold here does not work with an app for an Iphone 5. Instead you have to shut off your bluetooth connection. Again, I'd have bought it already if it weren't for the face that I'd have to use my computer instead of an app.

Only the Wireless Leash Plus has the special hardware required to work with the iPhone app. However, the ZOMM Wireless Leash will work with the myZOMM Android app.

You are correct that you can still use your computer to customize the settings of the Wireless Leash, and that turning the Bluetooth feature of your phone off triggers the Leash alarm to help locate your misplaced keys, another feature of the app.