WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Motorola Xyboard Tablets

We were thinking, what would people like to buy today? And then we remembered what all the kids are talking about. Tablets! They love tablets. Can't get enough of those shiny, glossy things. So we said, hey, let's sell tablets! And a keyboard. Kids are talking about keyboards too, right?

myque08


quality posts: 0 Private Messages myque08

I bought one of these about six months ago to use with my iPad and it is amazing that it is still around. It has been dragged around school, studying, shopping, even hiking, and has never been anything short of perfectly functioning. It also connects easily to my iPhone 4S. The cover turns into a little stand that holds both my iPad and the standard Apple cover I keep it in. It is totally worth the price.

turtlegir1


quality posts: 33 Private Messages turtlegir1
myque08 wrote:I bought one of these about six months ago to use with my iPad and it is amazing that it is still around. It has been dragged around school, studying, shopping, even hiking, and has never been anything short of perfectly functioning. It also connects easily to my iPhone 4S. The cover turns into a little stand that holds both my iPad and the standard Apple cover I keep it in. It is totally worth the price.



Are you talking about the keyboard??? This forum is for the event, not a specific item. But the keyboard seems to be the only thing that fits your comments.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff


PRICE ALERT

Buyer must have had a relaxing lunch because he just dropped the price of all the Xyboard tablets by $10. Hurry before his lunch bliss wears off!

As always, if you already purchased, you'll see the difference flying back into your account soonish.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jimmykmadison


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimmykmadison
myque08 wrote:I bought one of these about six months ago to use with my iPad and it is amazing that it is still around. It has been dragged around school, studying, shopping, even hiking, and has never been anything short of perfectly functioning. It also connects easily to my iPhone 4S. The cover turns into a little stand that holds both my iPad and the standard Apple cover I keep it in. It is totally worth the price.



Thanks for your post, I found it really helpful. I was wondering if it would work with my Ipad and I'm glad to hear that it does.

morpheus282


quality posts: 6 Private Messages morpheus282

I bought the Droid Xyboard 8.2 with LTE when it was released in December 2011. This Droid has been hardworking and has served me well. If it died tomorrow I'd gladly replace it with any of these models. It's not an iPad, but both the Android and Apple tablets have their advantages - I own one of each and use both on a regular basis.

Bluesultan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bluesultan

Is the 10.1" Xyboard Wifi only or does it also do Verizon 4G LTE? I ask because the back of the tablet says 4G LTE on it.

And if it is, how will that affect the performance of the tablet for people that won't activate it on a Verizon plan?

morpheus282


quality posts: 6 Private Messages morpheus282
Bluesultan wrote:Is the 10.1" Xyboard Wifi only or does it also do Verizon 4G LTE? I ask because the back of the tablet says 4G LTE on it.

And if it is, how will that affect the performance of the tablet for people that won't activate it on a Verizon plan?



It's probably WiFi only and a stock photo. If you have an LTE enabled tablet and only want to use it on WiFi, toggle the WiFi radio on while in airplane mode. That will keep the LTE radio off and save your battery. There may be ways of toggling the radio off without using airplane mode but they're going to vary based on the tablet manufacturer.

Nileo2005


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Nileo2005

So this does not have expandable memory via microSD? This is a dealbraker if not. Cnet says that the LTE version does, but I don't see woot claim it on that one either. Please verify. Thanks!

mattfeldls


quality posts: 2 Private Messages mattfeldls

Woot!, I need to know if the Xyboard 10.1 table has an sd card slot. I want to buy one, but if it doesn't have the sd card slot, I'm not buying. Different places online say different things. Maybe the LTE does and the Wi-fi doesn't. I'm lost. Please give me the answer......

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mattfeldls wrote:Woot!, I need to know if the Xyboard 10.1 table has an sd card slot. I want to buy one, but if it doesn't have the sd card slot, I'm not buying. Different places online say different things. Maybe the LTE does and the Wi-fi doesn't. I'm lost. Please give me the answer......



The 8.2 definitely doesn’t have a microSD slot. We did not receive samples of the others so we can only go by the manufacturer's specs.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mattfeldls


quality posts: 2 Private Messages mattfeldls
ThunderThighs wrote:The 8.2 definitely doesn’t have a microSD slot. We did not receive samples of the others so we can only go by the manufacturer's specs.



The Wi-Fi or LTE or both?

Bluesultan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bluesultan
mattfeldls wrote:Woot!, I need to know if the Xyboard 10.1 table has an sd card slot. I want to buy one, but if it doesn't have the sd card slot, I'm not buying. Different places online say different things. Maybe the LTE does and the Wi-fi doesn't. I'm lost. Please give me the answer......



^ What he said.

morpheus282


quality posts: 6 Private Messages morpheus282
mattfeldls wrote:Woot!, I need to know if the Xyboard 10.1 table has an sd card slot. I want to buy one, but if it doesn't have the sd card slot, I'm not buying. Different places online say different things. Maybe the LTE does and the Wi-fi doesn't. I'm lost. Please give me the answer......



Neither model has an SD card slot. That was one thing I really didn't care for at first, but I've barely used 8GB of storage on mine in a year and a half. Cloud storage is a great thing.

Bluesultan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bluesultan

Does Woot! have anymore of the Asus Transformer tablets? I got one for my wife and now I'm jealous...I don't think a Xyboard will do.

MusicMama


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MusicMama

Proud owner of the 8.2 inch model but with 4G LTE. Love the screen and the power, although it was overpriced (yes, I paid retail at the Verizon store). Price here is half what I paid. I use a wi-drive since the 4G model doesn't have a card slot. It runs jelly bean with no issues. Great tablet.

haroway


quality posts: 0 Private Messages haroway

Does the tablet come in the original retail box? Reason asking, I'm giving it as a gift to a family member?

cowboyesfan


quality posts: 10 Private Messages cowboyesfan
haroway wrote:Does the tablet come in the original retail box? Reason asking, I'm giving it as a gift to a family member?



Dad?

haroway


quality posts: 0 Private Messages haroway
cowboyesfan wrote:Dad?



Yes, dear old dad Something cool & new to open. Hopefully not in a dreaded white OEM box :/

Stryffe2004


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stryffe2004
haroway wrote:Yes, dear old dad Something cool & new to open. Hopefully not in a dreaded white OEM box :/



Great minds think alike. I got one for my dad. Mom got a Kindle Fire for Mother's Day so I couldn't leave him hanging.

wangstang


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wangstang

So...what would I gain with one of these over a Barnes and Nobel Nook HD or HD+

The Nook HD and HD+ can be had for $199 at wal mart, faster processors and they take SD cards.

I love Motorola's products so I'm open to being talked into this tablet if there is something logical to gain out of them.

If pricing was about $50.00 less I'd be all over one as the price difference would be enough to make it worth not having an SD slot, but at this point, I'm just not seeing what the staff at WOOT sees in this 2011 tablet.


Wes

morpheus282


quality posts: 6 Private Messages morpheus282
wangstang wrote:So...what would I gain with one of these over a Barnes and Nobel Nook HD or HD+

The Nook HD and HD+ can be had for $199 at wal mart, faster processors and they take SD cards.

I love Motorola's products so I'm open to being talked into this tablet if there is something logical to gain out of them.

If pricing was about $50.00 less I'd be all over one as the price difference would be enough to make it worth not having an SD slot, but at this point, I'm just not seeing what the staff at WOOT sees in this 2011 tablet.


Wes



Depending on which model you're looking at, the primary benefit could be an LTE radio.

Honestly, I was really turned off by the lack of an SD slot when these were first announced. I upgraded my wife's phone the weekend these tablets were released and there was a special deal through Verizon to get a discount. After looking at the 8.2 for about 10 minutes I was sold. The 16 GB version was the only one in stock at the time, so I gave it a shot thinking that I could trade it in for the 32 GB model within a couple of weeks if it wasn't enough storage. I think I've used at the most 8 GB in the 18 months I've owned the tablet. With LTE connectivity on the tablet and cloud storage freely available the importance of an SD card slot is negligible in most cases.

haroway


quality posts: 0 Private Messages haroway
wangstang wrote:So...what would I gain with one of these over a Barnes and Nobel Nook HD or HD+

The Nook HD and HD+ can be had for $199 at wal mart, faster processors and they take SD cards.

I love Motorola's products so I'm open to being talked into this tablet if there is something logical to gain out of them.

If pricing was about $50.00 less I'd be all over one as the price difference would be enough to make it worth not having an SD slot, but at this point, I'm just not seeing what the staff at WOOT sees in this 2011 tablet.


Wes



Yes it is a 2011-12 tablet but.... If you do a little research it still holds up today. The specs arent the latest or the greatest, but the tablet will fill most users daily needs. Web surfing, email, Netflix and controlling tv at home. we all know dad and his remotes. The build quaily is much better and not like other brand name units that are simply made of plastic. No one complains about Apple and their lack of MicroSD slot. Plus the sky high prices for each level of storage. Why yes it could of been a drop cheaper. Still better than giving/getting a useless HP Touchpad, that wasn't worth the discounted price. Or a flimsy media player that was also featured recently as refurbs. Most folks use Dropbox and many other cloud services to make up for the lack of an MicroSD slot. I do believe a dongle can be purchased as well via Motorola or elsewhere to access data from an SD card.

wangstang


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wangstang
haroway wrote:Yes it is a 2011-12 tablet but.... If you do a little research it still holds up today. The specs arent the latest or the greatest, but the tablet will fill most users daily needs. Web surfing, email, Netflix and controlling tv at home. we all know dad and his remotes. The build quaily is much better and not like other brand name units that are simply made of plastic. No one complains about Apple and their lack of MicroSD slot. Plus the sky high prices for each level of storage. Why yes it could of been a drop cheaper. Still better than giving/getting a useless HP Touchpad, that wasn't worth the discounted price. Or a flimsy media player that was also featured recently as refurbs. Most folks use Dropbox and many other cloud services to make up for the lack of an MicroSD slot. I do believe a dongle can be purchased as well via Motorola or elsewhere to access data from an SD card.



All of your comments are on the product, but none explain why I should consider the moto offering here over a Barnes & Nobel Nook HD or HD+. The moto 4g LTE 8.2 model does have the 4g ability, which is a bonus compared to the nook HD or HD+. The problem I see with the 8.2 model is it has 1/2 the battery capacity of a 10.1 model and a smaller screen.

Woot! is about getting the most for your money. This pricing appears to be $40-50 over priced. The

For what its worth....People do mention the lack of an SD card slot as a turn off for the iPhone and the iPad when they talk about why they like Android products.

Wes

haroway


quality posts: 0 Private Messages haroway
wangstang wrote:All of your comments are on the product, but none explain why I should consider the moto offering here over a Barnes & Nobel Nook HD or HD+. The moto 4g LTE 8.2 model does have the 4g ability, which is a bonus compared to the nook HD or HD+. The problem I see with the 8.2 model is it has 1/2 the battery capacity of a 10.1 model and a smaller screen.

Woot! is about getting the most for your money. This pricing appears to be $40-50 over priced. The

For what its worth....People do mention the lack of an SD card slot as a turn off for the iPhone and the iPad when they talk about why they like Android products.

Wes



Once again $209 for 10.1 Moto that's very capable is worth it. I don't like any Kindle product period, which is poorly constructed. The UI is horrid and all downloads come via Amazon. The Nook HD is a nice reader with the same type of UI. But in my opinion built better and a nicer viewing experience. I agree woot should be about getting the most bang for your buck. Most tablets today still have the same resolution. Unless you want to spend more it's up to you? The best mid range 8" tablet hands down would be a Nexus 7, which I travel with. That beats both the Nook and Kindle. There are plenty of Blackberry Playbook's also floating around eBay probably for less. The 4G for me is useless due in part we have free wifi via our cable company all over the tri state area. Plus most coffee houses and others can help avoid 4G costs. Why pay extra fees?

Nileo2005


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Nileo2005
Bluesultan wrote:Does Woot! have anymore of the Asus Transformer tablets? I got one for my wife and now I'm jealous...I don't think a Xyboard will do.



I saw these and almost pulled the trigger until a shopped around and found how much better the Asus transformer is than these, and not surprisingly enough, woot didn't even have a decent price point on these xyboards to sway the deal. Try newegg for a refurb asus transformer prime for 219. Mine is in route.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230478

aoe2exp


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aoe2exp
Nileo2005 wrote:I saw these and almost pulled the trigger until a shopped around and found how much better the Asus transformer is than these, and not surprisingly enough, woot didn't even have a decent price point on these xyboards to sway the deal. Try newegg for a refurb asus transformer prime for 219. Mine is in route.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230478



After $40 rebate though. I hate mail in rebates.

Can you guys point me to other better deals? I am very tempted to getting this one, but some comments make me feel I am not getting a good deal.

Thanks

dgreenberg81


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgreenberg81

Just got my 8.2 4g in the mail! sweet looking machine, wish I could use it... Why in the world did it not come with a SIM card!??!?!?!???????!?!?!?!?

juliandozier


quality posts: 0 Private Messages juliandozier
dgreenberg81 wrote:Just got my 8.2 4g in the mail! sweet looking machine, wish I could use it... Why in the world did it not come with a SIM card!??!?!?!???????!?!?!?!?



Wow, you got yours already? Mine is still sitting in "awaiting shipping" status even though I ordered it a week ago today... Either way, I'm still glad I bought it - new, 4G LTE, plenty of quality specs for a 1st time tablet for a light user.

rjsan


quality posts: 1 Private Messages rjsan

Just got my tablet and its no where near running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
It says its on 3.2.2
It also says its a xoom 2 o.o;;;;? Are xyboards just renamed xoom2s?

bhargavasachin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhargavasachin

Same with me. I got my tablet and its not on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
It says its on 3.2.2
It also says its a xoom 2. Are xyboards just renamed xoom2s?
For me Griffin Protector Case is also missing. I have sent emails to suport but waste support. From last 3 days i am chasing these guys but vain. you cannot trust on woot.

wangstang


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wangstang

Those of you who ordered one of these...

How many days went by before your tablet shipped?

Were the tablets as advertised? If not, what issues did you note?

Thanks
Wes

bhargavasachin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhargavasachin
wangstang wrote:Those of you who ordered one of these...

How many days went by before your tablet shipped?
Were the tablets as advertised?
No
If not, what issues did you note?

It shipped in 2 days...
It's not XYboard, it's Xoom2 and i have not receieved the Griffin Protector Case.
Thanks
Wes