WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

3Eightys Audio Headphones

3Eighty5 - if you multiply that, 3 times eighty5, you get 255. But we're not selling 255 different pairs of headphones here. Why not? Because we're not about quantity. We're about quality. (But quantity too.)
3Eighty5 official site

Sardinicus

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Sardinicus

Ah, what to think, what to think. There is absolutely no existing footprint for this brand beyond their generic website (the same headphones are also available on the mothership but have zero reviews).

The only name on the product website calls himself the "design guru" but a bit of investigation reveals that the kind of design he is talking about is package (that is, the boxes stuff comes in) design rather than anything to do with audio products.

So, what we appear to have here is a burn-off of stock from a hustler's failed attempt at building a hip brand name based on slickly-packaged OEM'd and ODM'd products. (That hideous headphone/speaker thing gives the OEM pedigree away I think).

As to sound and build quality, well, as appropriate for Woot it's going to be a crapshoot. All indications are that these are all hat and no cattle, but they might make for an impressive gift for the undiscerning.

godspeed843

quality posts: 1 Private Messages godspeed843

Damn, was about to get these. You have convinced me not to. Thanks for the heads up dude.

Sardinicus wrote:Ah, what to think, what to think. There is absolutely no existing footprint for this brand beyond their generic website (the same headphones are also available on the mothership but have zero reviews).

The only name on the product website calls himself the "design guru" but a bit of investigation reveals that the kind of design he is talking about is package (that is, the boxes stuff comes in) design rather than anything to do with audio products.

So, what we appear to have here is a burn-off of stock from a hustler's failed attempt at building a hip brand name based on slickly-packaged OEM'd and ODM'd products. (That hideous headphone/speaker thing gives the OEM pedigree away I think).

As to sound and build quality, well, as appropriate for Woot it's going to be a crapshoot. All indications are that these are all hat and no cattle, but they might make for an impressive gift for the undiscerning.

mrbarister

quality posts: 30 Private Messages mrbarister

Wouldn't it be wonderful if a representative from this company dropped by to offer some sort of assurance of customer service or that the quality of their products wouldn't warrant any?

nskripchun

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nskripchun
Sardinicus wrote:Ah, what to think, what to think. There is absolutely no existing footprint for this brand beyond their generic website (the same headphones are also available on the mothership but have zero reviews).

Yeah, no reviews makes me... nervous.

procop

quality posts: 1 Private Messages procop

His webpage http://www.coroflot.com/cbcreative

krbrunson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krbrunson

Something about their website makes me want to heave.

nocorvair

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nocorvair

I too was unable to find anything of substance on the interwebs. However, I find it greatly disturbing that the company website even mistakes it's own name...

"February 06, 2012
Save The Music!
395 Audio has partnered with VH1's Save The Music Foundation and will be debuting its first exclusive headphones, with proceeds to benefit this great cause!"

For what it's worth, 385 is an area code in Utah!

hillig

quality posts: 10 Private Messages hillig
krbrunson wrote:Something about their website makes me want to heave.

Seriously though, if you haven't - check out the website!

I love the 'models awkwardly wearing headphones' part of the front page.

seamore2001

quality posts: 4 Private Messages seamore2001

The dog just trashed my daughter's Marley headphones, which she loved. Of course, the dog picked the day after Woot finished selling Marleys to do this.

Re the 380s, I can't find anything about them, and therefore, ain't buying them. I wish Woot wouldn't carry genuinely unknown products.

williammaas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages williammaas

Pottery Barn Teen has the DuoPlay Over-the-Ear Headphones & Speakers for $24.99 with free shipping. (They are "final sale" and cannot be returned.) Versus $28.00 at woot.

http://www.pbteen.com/products/duo-play-speaker-headphones

Fosters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fosters

Bought these, just got them, hopefully they won't come back. They are all bass no highs. I'll keep them as ear muffs I guess. At least they weren't high $.