12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3126 Private Messages lichme

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea

Here is the discussion of the 32GB one that WOOT! had recently. I am a HUGE FAN of this tablet!

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5410921

coctyle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coctyle

If this compatible with the keyboard dock used with the prior Transformer models?

montezuma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages montezuma

32GB (refurb) version $329 on 1Saleaday
free shipping, no tax

[MOD: Just want to point out that ours is NEW & 64GB.]

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3812 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Very good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at tigerdirect.com

morriea

montezuma wrote:32GB version $329 on 1Saleaday
free shipping, no tax

REFURBISHED. This is NEW (and 64GB).

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3812 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out some perfect reviews (and a video!) over at officedepot.com

morriea

coctyle wrote:If this compatible with the keyboard dock used with the prior Transformer models?

Yes on the TF201 (Prime).

jackstar7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackstar7

Still use mt TF101 regularly or I'd be jumping on this. If it goes any cheaper and/or includes the dock, I may convince myself I need the upgrade.

I'm sure those who bite on this will enjoy it.

applepete

quality posts: 0 Private Messages applepete

Of course the 32GB was on here just recently and I purchased that one. Now I wish I had waited for this. Oh well c'est la vie. But I have been using my 32GB for about 2 weeks now and love it. So while the extra storage would be nice (along with a 32GB or 64GB microSD card.) The 32GB was $70 cheaper and I got a SanDisk 32GB microSD card for $20 on sale so I'm still $50 ahead of the game. Why didn't I get the 64GB card? Because there are some issues if you don't get the right card (brand and type.) Visit xda developers forums for more info on it.Seems many are still split on it so I can wait. In the meantime 64GB is sufficient and down the road 96GB will be more than enough!

emulloon

quality posts: 2 Private Messages emulloon

Oh dear. I bought the TF300T (refurb) and loved it, until it started having significant charging problems (tab slow to charge, keyboard dock WON'T charge). Now this tempts me... I will most likely bite on this one, but knock on wood I don't get the same headache w/ it.

Also, my buddy bought the 32gb champagne version a little while ago Woot!, on my recommendation...way to make me look like a jerk, offering this one so soon after!

Also also, the write up references the "Incredible Beauty" of this tablet's "champagne metallic spun finished design".

wickedme91

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wickedme91

One of the best, if not THE best android tablets currently on market. But would not pay so much for one (I picked up a pristine, open box 32GB one for 270 with tax that had 11 months of warranty remaining like a month ago from Microcenter) since it already has expandable memory. Super-thin, light, great battery life, beautiful display and awesome performance and quality along with relatively up to date software.

But don't forget that this uses Tegra 3 (Cortex A9 quad-core) while newer models that are A15 based (exynos, tegra 4, snapdragon) etc are currently being announced.

Also, transformers have weird charging specs 1.2A @ 20v. So keep that in mind if you plan on using this in car or getting extra chargers.

Shoppers should also consider ebay - brand new 32GB with keyboard dock for $470. Just as good, if not better deal (considering it has expandable storage anyway).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ASUS-Transformer-Pad-Infinity-TF700T-10-1-32GB-Tablet-w-Keyboard-Dock-/350783737416?pt=US_Tablets&hash=item51ac570e48

Sierragolfcharly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sierragolfcharly

I have the 32gb version of this that. I bought back in October as a laptop replacement for travel in Europe. It worked perfectly for that purpose. The keyboard dock is perfect for email and typing documents on it.
I have been happy with it over all. It can be slow to load pages on Firefox at times but responds fast in the stock browser and chrome both.
The camera takes excellent pictures for a tablet (the best I have experienced) but it isn't a replacement for my Cannon camera...
Currently Asus has 4.2.1 released for the 32gb model.
I have had bad experiences with the Polaris office that this comes with and bought OfficeSuite pro and haven't had an issue since. I regularly use it for spreadsheets and occasionally us it for word docs.
Battery life is exceptional for what this can do. My desktop has seen considerable less use since I got this. All my browsing and email seems to get done on my tablet now.

Works well with Dropbox.
Sketchbook pro looks amazing on this display too.

Written from my infinity.

Sierragolfcharly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sierragolfcharly
wickedme91 wrote:

Also, transformers have weird charging specs 1.2A @ 20v. So keep that in mind if you plan on using this in car or getting extra chargers.

They do have a odd charge voltage but it is 15v @ 1.2A
The adapter will also output normal 5v so you don't risk ruining normal USB charged devices with the charger that comes with the tablet.

njkatz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages njkatz

Good price. That's about what I paid for my 32 GB model about three months ago at Amazon. Nice tablet especially if you pick up the keyboard to add extra battery life, and USB port.

Nick

haywardkw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haywardkw
coctyle wrote:If this compatible with the keyboard dock used with the prior Transformer models?

Yes with all but the original TF-101

cengland0

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cengland0

Like others have mentioned, yes this is compatible with older model keyboards; however, there are some differences.

The older TF201 and TF301 keyboards are not optimized for the TF700 Infinity tablet. I brought my tablet to Best Buy to try the older keyboard because it was on sale one day a long time ago and it worked but did not snap in. If you press real hard, you might be able to get it to click in but not always. The actual TF701 keyboard snaps in every time. There might be a slight difference in the thicknesses of the tablets.

They redistributed the weight of the keyboard to match and balance the TF700 when you use the proper keyboard. The TF700 dock has a smaller battery than the older units and might be how they did this. Without the proper keyboard, your tablet might tip over even when on a flat surface.

You might have to upgrade the firmware version on the older keyboards. Only the 207+ firmware versions work with the TF700 and the proper keyboards automatically come with the correct firmware.

acraigl

quality posts: 56 Private Messages acraigl

For those brave enough (not that scary) that buy this tab and want to unlock your device, this ROM improved the performance greatly:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2223492

It's based on the stock ROM, but highly optimized. Really improved my experience with my 32GB model.

wayneqsr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wayneqsr

This tablet appears to be pretty darn good. Here's a good video review of the 32Gb version. (The one on sale has 64Gb, but otherwise they are the same.)
http://electronicdeals.us/computers-accessories/tablets/asus-tf300-b1wh-101inch-32gb-tablet-white-com/

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Personally, I would much rather have higher capacity internal storage than lower capacity + SD card. Anymore, SD card is relegated to media and document files, and you have to manage it separately.
It's why Google made the conscious decision to NOT use sd card in the Nexus line. (so they say, it may have been a cost factor)

move along

yuppicide

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yuppicide

Wish there was someone to loan me the money. I'd buy this, especially since it's new.

I bet a popular tablet like this can be rooted and upgraded to ICS or is there an update directly from the manufacturer?

j5

yuppicide wrote:Wish there was someone to loan me the money. I'd buy this, especially since it's new.

I bet a popular tablet like this can be rooted and upgraded to ICS or is there an update directly from the manufacturer?

How about 4.2 Jellybean.

move along

rkooly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rkooly
emulloon wrote:Oh dear. I bought the TF300T (refurb) and loved it, until it started having significant charging problems (tab slow to charge, keyboard dock WON'T charge). Now this tempts me... I will most likely bite on this one, but knock on wood I don't get the same headache w/ it.

Also, my buddy bought the 32gb champagne version a little while ago Woot!, on my recommendation...way to make me look like a jerk, offering this one so soon after!

Also also, the write up references the "Incredible Beauty" of this tablet's "champagne metallic spun finished design".

I also bought TF300 ...same problem.
It was the charger connection. $15 on ebay.
Then bought Infinity a few weeks ago for wife ... really a lot nicer. Keyboard is not interchangeable. Infinity is thinner, it will connect but is lose. Bluetooth keyboard works fine.

nicolesmith816

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicolesmith816

Probably a super dumb question but does anyone know if this tablet supports Flash?

Thanks

swallman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages swallman

Does anyone know if the Squaretrade warranty can be added after the fact ? I really want to purchase this (I dropped my TF300T a couple weeks ago) but can't afford to add the warranty today. Thanks.

j5

nicolesmith816 wrote:Probably a super dumb question but does anyone know if this tablet supports Flash?

Not natively, as Google dropped flash support with ICS. People have had success side-loading it however (installing the .APK vs. downloading from the play store).

swallman wrote:Does anyone know if the Squaretrade warranty can be added after the fact ? I really want to purchase this (I dropped my TF300T a couple weeks ago) but can't afford to add the warranty today. Thanks.

Yes, as this is a new and not refurbished device.

move along

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

swallman wrote:Does anyone know if the Squaretrade warranty can be added after the fact ? I really want to purchase this (I dropped my TF300T a couple weeks ago) but can't afford to add the warranty today. Thanks.

Since this is a NEW item, you can purchase a SquareTrade warranty later directly from SqTr.

FYI: Warranties from refurbished items have to be purchased from authorized dealers (like Woot) so you'd need to go back to the sale page for your item and use that link.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

obob

quality posts: 6 Private Messages obob
jackstar7 wrote:Still use mt TF101 regularly or I'd be jumping on this. If it goes any cheaper and/or includes the dock, I may convince myself I need the upgrade.

I'm sure those who bite on this will enjoy it.

Could not have said it better. My tf101 is still in daily use.

what, Me, sig?

emulloon

quality posts: 2 Private Messages emulloon
rkooly wrote:I also bought TF300 ...same problem.
It was the charger connection. $15 on ebay.

Interesting...a little bit of clarification though, if you please - did you replace the Asus / USB cord, or the AC adaptor/transformer? Or both? I would love to have restored use of the dock's battery :-/

lostone233

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lostone233

I got one of the 32G machines in the last woot. Pretty happy with it, so far.

Working thru the manual to figure it out.( Yes... One of those!)

Did not see the warning about not letting it update, and not able to load flash. But, so far, things seem to be working.

yoeveryone23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yoeveryone23

Bought the 32GB TF700T a couple weeks back, and LOVE it. The only complaint I have is the lag especially associated with the stock keyboard, and chrome browser.

I am also expecting to have some trouble with the charger. The plug is on the bottom so it is constantly squished. I have plans to buy a backup, and recommend you should too.

morriea

yoeveryone23 wrote:I am also expecting to have some trouble with the charger. The plug is on the bottom so it is constantly squished. I have plans to buy a backup, and recommend you should too.

Why would it get squished? I lay mine down, charge it, unplug, and use. There is no squishing involved. Are you using it while it is charging? If so, why?

PyxienTX

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PyxienTX
morriea wrote:Why would it get squished? I lay mine down, charge it, unplug, and use. There is no squishing involved. Are you using it while it is charging? If so, why?

Well, mine doesn't get squished, but I do use it all the time. Even when it is charging. If the battery lasted about 20 hours, this would not be a problem.

As for charging problems...buy a back up charger and usb cable. I have the TF201 and the TF700. I love both, but have had to replace the charger for the TF201 twice.

timbo138

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timbo138

The Simpson's Tapped Out is not compatible with this device. I wish I knew that before buying mine...

johnnytraveler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnytraveler
applepete wrote:Of course the 32GB was on here just recently and I purchased that one. Now I wish I had waited for this. Oh well c'est la vie. But I have been using my 32GB for about 2 weeks now and love it. So while the extra storage would be nice (along with a 32GB or 64GB microSD card.) The 32GB was $70 cheaper and I got a SanDisk 32GB microSD card for $20 on sale so I'm still $50 ahead of the game. Why didn't I get the 64GB card? Because there are some issues if you don't get the right card (brand and type.) Visit xda developers forums for more info on it.Seems many are still split on it so I can wait. In the meantime 64GB is sufficient and down the road 96GB will be more than enough!

Try the Samsung 64gb card. I've had one for 6 months with no problems. Format it into FAT format and it should work fine. You can find them for around $60-$70. I bought mine for $60 from Fry's. I bought the same tab as you, and find an extra 32gb is plenty. I use the 64gb on my Galaxy S3.

johnnytraveler

acraigl wrote:For those brave enough (not that scary) that buy this tab and want to unlock your device, this ROM improved the performance greatly:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2223492

It's based on the stock ROM, but highly optimized. Really improved my experience with my 32GB model.

Follow the instructions on Xda to run NVFlash (extremely hard), root (medium difficulty), and flash roms, (easy). I flashed Cyanogen mod 10.1, but might try CROMi next.

johnnytraveler

Try dolphin browser. It's so much faster than chrome. Especially on this tab. I did a test one after another and saw significant, noticeable differences. Also a good alternative is boat browser.

yoeveryone23 wrote:Bought the 32GB TF700T a couple weeks back, and LOVE it. The only complaint I have is the lag especially associated with the stock keyboard, and chrome browser.

I am also expecting to have some trouble with the charger. The plug is on the bottom so it is constantly squished. I have plans to buy a backup, and recommend you should too.

johnnytraveler

Try boat browser (from the play store). Very fast, intuitive and it supports flash. Or, sideload flash (Google flash.Apk) and use it with the stock browser (blue globe icon).

lostone233 wrote:I got one of the 32G machines in the last woot. Pretty happy with it, so far.

Working thru the manual to figure it out.( Yes... One of those!)

Did not see the warning about not letting it update, and not able to load flash. But, so far, things seem to be working.