WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Tons O' Batteries

We know what you're going through. It's been a rough day at work, and you need something to cheer you up. Well, we know what'll do the trick: BATTERIES! Isn't that exciting? Think of all the electronic devices you can run with them! YAY BATTERIES!

WindRunner


quality posts: 4 Private Messages WindRunner

Bought the eneloop batteries w/charger last time for about 50% higher, and they were still a good deal. In for them again here!

I do wish they came with a better charger though, as there is no light to indicate when the batteries are done charging, and you shouldn't be leaving them on the charger after they're done.

phantomish


quality posts: 0 Private Messages phantomish

I bought a pack of these several months back, and have honestly never been happier with a battery purchase in my life. I had been looking into getting these off Amazon, then one day Woot magically had them for sale! You're getting 8 of these wonders for the price of 2 anywhere else, and they come with a free charger, which is nothing to scoff at!
Yes, these are better than the Duracells. Yes, these are WORLDS better than the Energizers. Yes, you should buy them.

lgbtech


quality posts: 3 Private Messages lgbtech

I purchased a similar set of Eneloops with a charger (my set came with AAAs as well as AAs) directly from Amazon and have been very happy with them. I'm disappointed that Woot isn't offering packs of just the Eneloop batteries. I could use more AAs and especially AAAs (lost them) but I don't need another charger.

jiggersgreen


quality posts: 36 Private Messages jiggersgreen

As per previous Woot discusions:
Enloops....Good
Charger....Meh

skou


quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou
phantomish wrote:I bought a pack of these several months back, and have honestly never been happier with a battery purchase in my life. I had been looking into getting these off Amazon, then one day Woot magically had them for sale! You're getting 8 of these wonders for the price of 2 anywhere else, and they come with a free charger, which is nothing to scoff at!
Yes, these are better than the Duracells. Yes, these are WORLDS better than the Energizers. Yes, you should buy them.



Phantom, what product are you talking about? There are quite a few products on this post. If it was the right product, I'd want to know.

steve

bhiga


quality posts: 18 Private Messages bhiga
WindRunner wrote:I do wish they came with a better charger though, as there is no light to indicate when the batteries are done charging, and you shouldn't be leaving them on the charger after they're done.


If the pictured charger is the one then it looks 99% identical to the one Sanyo bundled with later white Eneloops, except the Sanyo one is branded and the two LEDs at the bottom are green instead of red.
On the Sanyo charger the LEDs blink while charging and stay solid after charge is complete.

Of course just because they look 99% identical doesn't mean they have same guts inside.

magiccarpetrides


quality posts: 0 Private Messages magiccarpetrides

COSTCO has had the batteries but no charger available quite a bit lately at a good price (cheaper than amazon, but not woot)

lgbtech wrote:I purchased a similar set of Eneloops with a charger (my set came with AAAs as well as AAs) directly from Amazon and have been very happy with them. I'm disappointed that Woot isn't offering packs of just the Eneloop batteries. I could use more AAs and especially AAAs (lost them) but I don't need another charger.



craigthom


quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom
lgbtech wrote:I purchased a similar set of Eneloops with a charger (my set came with AAAs as well as AAs) directly from Amazon and have been very happy with them. I'm disappointed that Woot isn't offering packs of just the Eneloop batteries. I could use more AAs and especially AAAs (lost them) but I don't need another charger.



This is a decent price for just the batteries. You can give away or toss the charger and still come out ahead.

I have not seen just the batteries without a charger at Costco for months.

rayraythe8th


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rayraythe8th

Does anybody have any insight on the acdelco batteries? Do they last longer than a day in a wii remote? I bought the Kodak batteries a while back and they didnt last very long, but they were still a decent deal for what I paid. Thanks in advance.

ladytyphoid


quality posts: 4 Private Messages ladytyphoid

Eneloops: I'm interested, but generally want batteries with MOAR POWER so I'd also pick up a pack of hi-caps from Amazon. So I have a question:

1) will high capacity Eneloops work in this charger?

Anyone know? Thanks!

Edit: nixed the AAA question. Pre-coffee me missed that in the title!

rtfirefly


quality posts: 7 Private Messages rtfirefly

How about some Eneloops AAA's? Pretty please, Woot?

I've got enough Eneloops AAs for pretty much any contingency, but I could really, REALLY use some AAAs!

whatsamattaU


quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU

I know that the disposable batteries fall under the "Your mileage may vary" category, but I finally took the plunge and bought a Panasonic AA/AAA combo. Only tried the AAA so far, but at least the first 2 batteries have worked.

amitkc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amitkc

Thinking about the Eneloop pack, just because my current stack of Eneloops are all in use already.

Does anyone know if these are recently menufactured, or are they a couple of years old already, and will not retain charge as well as freshly minted ones????

hswconti


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hswconti
amitkc wrote:Does anyone know if these are recently menufactured, or are they a couple of years old already, and will not retain charge as well as freshly minted ones????


Just last week I tested the first batch that I got from Woot. They were purchased some months ago. Sanyo claims that Eneloops retain 75% of their initial charge after 3 years. The batteries are marked 1900 mA. All of them were roughly ~1450 mA. Assuming that they got a full charge at the factory, this would be consistent with 3 year old batteries.

However, the sharp-eyed will note that the batteries in this sale are rated at 2000 mA. So, they may be newer.

Either way, calendar time does not diminish the capacity of these batteries. Service life is determined by charge/discharge cycles. They are rated for 1500 cycles. This means that they would last over 4 years of daily use + recharge. Since most batteries aren't charged on even a weekly basis, the theoretical practical service life can be measured in decades. I know many photographers who have been using them for over 5 years and won't use anything else.

tentacles


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tentacles

Are the Eneloops in this sale actually the multi-colored/sparkly version pictured?

maybejet


quality posts: 6 Private Messages maybejet
rayraythe8th wrote:Does anybody have any insight on the acdelco batteries? Do they last longer than a day in a wii remote? I bought the Kodak batteries a while back and they didnt last very long, but they were still a decent deal for what I paid. Thanks in advance.



The AC Delco AA and AAA seem to be holding up quite well under "normal" use. I don't have a gaming system so I couldn't tell you about that kind of power drain. Although the Kodak alkalines never gave me any trouble, I believe the AC Delco are a notch or two better. Hope that helps...for what it's worth.

TfxSoldier


quality posts: 3 Private Messages TfxSoldier
lgbtech wrote:I purchased a similar set of Eneloops with a charger (my set came with AAAs as well as AAs) directly from Amazon and have been very happy with them. I'm disappointed that Woot isn't offering packs of just the Eneloop batteries. I could use more AAs and especially AAAs (lost them) but I don't need another charger.



Ditto. I need some Eneloop AAA and was hoping to give Woot some business.

~Tfx

ngc6475


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ngc6475

In for two sets of the eneloop batteries. I have a better charger than the ones Woot is including with the batteries, but the batteries themselves are supposed to be very good. Thanks, Woot!

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

rachelle33


quality posts: 7 Private Messages rachelle33
tentacles wrote:Are the Eneloops in this sale actually the multi-colored/sparkly version pictured?



Yes they are!

amitkc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amitkc
hswconti wrote:Just last week I tested the first batch that I got from Woot. They were purchased some months ago. Sanyo claims that Eneloops retain 75% of their initial charge after 3 years. The batteries are marked 1900 mA. All of them were roughly ~1450 mA. Assuming that they got a full charge at the factory, this would be consistent with 3 year old batteries.

However, the sharp-eyed will note that the batteries in this sale are rated at 2000 mA. So, they may be newer.

Either way, calendar time does not diminish the capacity of these batteries. Service life is determined by charge/discharge cycles. They are rated for 1500 cycles. This means that they would last over 4 years of daily use + recharge. Since most batteries aren't charged on even a weekly basis, the theoretical practical service life can be measured in decades. I know many photographers who have been using them for over 5 years and won't use anything else.



ah, heck with it. I had the Eneloop's and the AAA 50 pack sitting in the cart and the sale ends in one hour....53 minutes to be precise.

Just pulled the trigger. Price CANNOT be beat on the AAA 50pk.

natrldsastr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages natrldsastr
rtfirefly wrote:How about some Eneloops AAA's? Pretty please, Woot?

I've got enough Eneloops AAs for pretty much any contingency, but I could really, REALLY use some AAAs!



ditto x 10. AAA eneloops please, and I'll be stocked w/ batteries for life.

scitzz


quality posts: 1 Private Messages scitzz

I received the eneloops two days ago. Good batteries, but the charger is a joke. I am going to keep using my duracell charger with these batteries. This one is labeled as an overnight charger. It comes with a little sheet that tells you approximately how long to leave your batteries in the charger. No way to tell when they are actually charged. It is already in the trash...

Jconoley01


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jconoley01

got a package today, no batteries just 3 chargers,. Are these shipped in 2 packages?

ksmithym


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ksmithym

Same here, got the charger, no batteries. Only one tracking number. What gives?

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

ksmithym wrote:Same here, got the charger, no batteries. Only one tracking number. What gives?


Jconoley01 wrote:got a package today, no batteries just 3 chargers,. Are these shipped in 2 packages?



Sorry to hear that you folks are missing portions of your order.

Please email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know. They'll be more than happy to assist you with this issue.