WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

CAD Audio Headphones

Why do we sell so many headphones? Because we find ears disgusting. Seriously, have you ever looked closely at those things? They're grotesque. They must be covered up! They must be hidden under the cups of these CAD headphones!
CAD Audio official site

svtguy88

quality posts: 1 Private Messages svtguy88

I'm pretty skeptical buying audio equipment without listening to it, but these got me. They look nice and comfy, and the reviews that I can find seem okay. Plus the detachable cord is a nice feature.

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 37 Private Messages lorenzodemedici

The company primarily sells pro audio equipment to musicians and recording studios. So they're not going to trash their brand reputation with crap headphones. Without seeing them, I would guess that these will be tough, well made, and sound good. I'd rather buy these than some junk endorsed by a hip hop dude. The same headphones are $99 on Amazon.

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang

pro audio plays loud at the expense of everything else, and an amazon review implies most of the other reviews are fake.

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 37 Private Messages lorenzodemedici
lwang wrote:pro audio plays loud at the expense of everything else, and an amazon review implies most of the other reviews are fake.

I read all the Amazon reviews. They sound like typical product reviews to me. The one that sounds fake is the one you're referring to, that claims all the others are fake. Common sense suggests that the one is a fake, not all the others. Unless you think the earth is flat or something like that.

wzrds3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wzrds3

When it comes to audio equipment, I never trust online reviews. I have to hear it in person, or I won't buy it. Guitar Center carries these headphones, so what I'd do is head on down there with your current headphones and test both of them out on a high quality source (i.e. not your iPhone).

edit: They have a dealer page here http://www.cadaudio.com/dealers/dealers.php

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 38 Private Messages jiggersgreen

Haven't tried the headphone's but they do make some ex. studio quality microphones.

miguelmh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages miguelmh

I took the plunge!! I listen to medium qual mp3s and internet radio soo I prob won't be blown away by the advertised high to low range

svtguy88

I'll report back once I get them (the Sessions MH510 headphones). I'm both intrigued and skeptical of the handful of 5-star reviews that I can find online.

Even if they aren't great, they will be a welcome replacement for my ~10 year old Sony MDR-V300's.

Patnize

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patnize

Got them yesterday. I'm pleased. Like any new heaphones will need time to break in, but I like them versus my old Grado's. Granted I'm comparing closed ear versus open ear. But really like the sound for work and are more comfortable than earbuds for an extended period.

Haven't tested yet on a high quality source yet.

svtguy88

Got my set of Orange MH510's today, and couldn't be happier. For the money, these are the best cans I've used. I haven't really tested them on a high-quality source yet, but for average music listening (see: streamed), they are amazing. Nice, even and flat response, from what I can hear. They are much less bass-heavy than a lot of headphones I've used. That's not to say they don't produce bass notes, but rather, they don't have the silly overpowered feel of a lot of cans.

Anyway, I haven't even broken them in yet, and I am a happy woot-er.