WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

BenQ Projectors & Gaming Monitors

The gamer sat down and warmed up the projector. He tapped the controller to turn it on, and his leg gave a violent lurch. What was that? The faint image of the video game began to appear on the screen, and he saw that the character he was controlling was...HIMSELF.
BenQ official site

Quality Posts

blissfool

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blissfool

Is "BenQ MS502 2800" suppose to be "BenQ MS502 2700"? At least that's what it seems to be listed as on the BenQ website as well as Amazon.com.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 546 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

blissfool wrote:Is "BenQ MS502 2800" suppose to be "BenQ MS502 2700"? At least that's what it seems to be listed as on the BenQ website as well as Amazon.com.

Yep. Gonna call fat fingers on that one. I've sent it in for fixin'.

EDIT: And it's fixed.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jakenn2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jakenn2

Is there any information about the lamp hours on the refurbished W1070? Saving around $200 from new may be worth it if the lamps are new or have very low hours. A new lamp is around $250, which would eat up the savings. Thanks in advance.

chris0368638

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chris0368638

Can anyone find out how thick the Bezel is on the GW2450? I would like to run 3 of these side-by-side, but I don't want thick boarders between the monitors.

brandonbates92

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brandonbates92

What does the "12ms" represent, where it says response time, compared to the 4ms gtg? Asking about the $129 monitor model

fgarriel

quality posts: 21 Private Messages fgarriel

Short throw projector, I've been looking for you. Plus, you're not even refurbished. I <3 U, BenQ.

Now it's time to start working on Frank's 220 Inch TV (got a 1 year warranty [on parts and labor] FRANK'S 220 INCH TV!).

rayraythe8th

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rayraythe8th

So I was checking for reviews on the 24" monitor that's 129$ and I happened to find this same monitor for 119.77 refurbished from BenQ America courtesy of amazon, and that's with free shipping. An here I was about to pull the trigger...

ThunderThighs

Staff

rayraythe8th wrote:So I was checking for reviews on the 24" monitor that's 129$ and I happened to find this same monitor for 119.77 refurbished from BenQ America courtesy of amazon, and that's with free shipping. An here I was about to pull the trigger...

I looked all over and didn't find it. Links help.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rayraythe8th

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rayraythe8th

119.77 refurb, same as this and right from amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B007ZW438Q/ref=dp_olp_refurbished?ie=UTF8&condition=refurbished

ThunderThighs

Staff

rayraythe8th wrote:119.77 refurb, same as this and right from amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B007ZW438Q/ref=dp_olp_refurbished?ie=UTF8&condition=refurbished

//walks off grumbling

willleah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages willleah

Anyone want to take a guess about the effectiveness of the ms502 outdoors?
late evening light?

benq

quality posts: 3 Private Messages benq

The XL2420 has a 2ms response time.

benq

brandonbates92 wrote:What does the "12ms" represent, where it says response time, compared to the 4ms gtg? Asking about the $129 monitor model

The 12 ms refers to a Black to Black response time, which on these panels with very high contrast - takes longer. The gamers use gray to gray (GtG) response as a typical measurement. The 4ms GtG used to be a gamer spec - but now most buy a 2ms XL or RL monitor to get faster response for gaming.

benq

willleah wrote:Anyone want to take a guess about the effectiveness of the ms502 outdoors?
late evening light?

Once the sun goes down. the projector should light up a screen pretty well in evening twilight. Just keep it out of direct sunlight. When it is dark, it will light up quite a large image.

smigit2002

quality posts: 12 Private Messages smigit2002
willleah wrote:Anyone want to take a guess about the effectiveness of the ms502 outdoors?
late evening light?

As BenQ said, it should do decently. 2700 lumens is nothing to scoff at, we used to use a 3000 lumen LCD projector in a relatively well lit room with a large (200" or so?) screen and didn't have too many problems. As long as you're not going huge, and you're around late dusk you should be fine.

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975

I can see one of these being used on the deck I'm building. my wife loves to have her friends over. they can watch the bachelor on it.

I always did like yardsales.

fgarriel

Serious question: This image (from woot) of the short throw projector shows HDMI. This one (from BenQ) does not.

Does this, or does this not have HDMI?

The image on woot looks like it's from the MX812ST. Which one did I buy?

Titanania

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Titanania

Has anyone used the MW811ST for NVidia 3D Vision? It's not listed on their site but it appears the predecessor is.

amemait

quality posts: 10 Private Messages amemait
fgarriel wrote:Serious question: This image (from woot) of the short throw projector shows HDMI. This one (from BenQ) does not.

Does this, or does this not have HDMI?

The image on woot looks like it's from the MX812ST. Which one did I buy?

Looks like woot updated the image. No HDMI.

fgarriel

Well that stinks. I'm not sure if I would've bought the projector considering that.

Dragoon209

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dragoon209

Hello!

Has anybody received the shipment from this deal yet? I ordered a shirt the same day, and it's shipping estimate was 2 days longer than the monitor, and I received that shirt three days ago.

I tried contacting woot about it, and they stated that the shirt and monitors would be shipping out 2 different days. That's fine, by I haven't even received a tracking number for the second one. 2 weeks seems like a long time to ship something, but I guess anything is possible.