WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

AOC Monitors

It must be tough trying to buy a monitor when you don't have a monitor. Not only can you not read this, but you can't even see the monitors we're selling right below here, which you need so desperately. It's like you're trapped in a sensory-deprivation prison of no escape. Hopefully your mouse will happen to click the correct series of buttons to get one to your door.



Quality Posts


enktwiss


quality posts: 1 Private Messages enktwiss

Bought one of the 23" monitors last time as a second monitor and it's great. It certainly isn't color correct for photography, but at $100 I wouldn't expect it.
The only complaint I had was that the surface trim is so glossy reflective that I was picking up reflections in the window behind me. Had to cover the frame in gaff tape.

cursedenvy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cursedenvy

So is the screen glossy or is it the matte type screen?

l33k


quality posts: 1 Private Messages l33k
cursedenvy wrote:So is the screen glossy or is it the matte type screen?



"The i2757fh model, part of AOC’s 57 Series, combines an anti-glare IPS screen with a narrow bezel so that images seem to float without a distracting frame," said Chris Brown, AOC Marketing Manager.


Also, this was a BestBuy exclusive item for a little while and the product page says it has a "Anti-Glare" coating.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/AOC+-+27%26%2334%3B+Widescreen+Flat-Panel+IPS+LED+HD+Monitor+-+Piano+Black/Silver/6293177.p?skuId=6293177&id=1218726428129#tab=specifications

skent7511


quality posts: 0 Private Messages skent7511

So, do these have a universal mounting option? Or do you have to use the smart bracket? Picture in the back doesn't show possibility of other mounting screws. I need to know since I already have a arm to mount it to.

vvirani


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vvirani

Toms Hardware has a very detailed review of this monitor:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/aoc-i2757fh-viewsonic-vx2770smh-ah-ips,3385.html

developerzero


quality posts: 9 Private Messages developerzero

I'm really tempted to buy these (especially since I just scratched the second of three monitors I bought off Soot several years ago (the first came with a small nick)) but I wanted to clear something up that seems to be missing from the descriptions:

Are these VESA mount compatible?

I'd love to buy some, but I need them to be able to mount on my dual monitor stand.

supermonkeyx


quality posts: 3 Private Messages supermonkeyx
developerzero wrote:
Are these VESA mount compatible?

I'd love to buy some, but I need them to be able to mount on my dual monitor stand.



Nope, according to the Tom's Hardware review no provision for mounting. You can either use the base, or forego the base placing the monitor directly on the desk using the back arm for stability. This is for the 27" IPS monitor.

HeroMinis.com: Tiny plastic superheroes, you say?

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

skent7511 wrote:So, do these have a universal mounting option? Or do you have to use the smart bracket? Picture in the back doesn't show possibility of other mounting screws. I need to know since I already have a arm to mount it to.



Hey there. These monitors don't support mounting brackets. They can be placed with or without the stands shown in the photos.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

colinchout


quality posts: 3 Private Messages colinchout

Any of these monitors is compatible with Win8 /touchscreen Anyone know ?
Thanks.

seanegay


quality posts: 0 Private Messages seanegay
colinchout wrote:Any of these monitors is compatible with Win8 /touchscreen Anyone know ?
Thanks.



No. Sorry, this isn't a touchscreen.

seanegay


quality posts: 0 Private Messages seanegay

Here is the Newegg page. Seems to be getting some pretty decent reviews. You save $40 from a new 23" monitor.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824160062&Tpk=E2343FK&IsVirtualParent=1

philmills


quality posts: 2 Private Messages philmills

Regarding all the "Does this have a VESA mount" questions (since this comes up on every AOC monitor thread...):

The 23" (and very likely the 22" and 20") monitors have VESA holes in the bottom of the base, so technically they can be VESA mounted - several of the provided photos eve show the base folded up against a wall demonstrating this).

BUT: (and believe me, this is BUT is so big that Sir Mix-a-lot would be extremely interested...) the ability to VESA mount them is basically useless because:
1) The mount point is well below the monitor, so they'd be sitting up ludicrously high

2) The neck of the monitor is incredibly not-sturdy - your VESA-mounted monitor would be flapping around everytime somebody sneezed near your desk. I tried. It was ridiculous.

So YES, some of them are technically VESA-capable, but NO, you shouldn't bother with these if that's your goal.

That aside, the monitor itself is really pretty good, especially for the prices Woot's selling them for. We bought four of the 23" ones for my office last year through Woot and they all work great.

developerzero


quality posts: 9 Private Messages developerzero
philmills wrote:Regarding all the "Does this have a VESA mount" questions (since this comes up on every AOC monitor thread...):

The 23" (and very likely the 22" and 20") monitors have VESA holes in the bottom of the base, so technically they can be VESA mounted - several of the provided photos eve show the base folded up against a wall demonstrating this).

BUT: (and believe me, this is BUT is so big that Sir Mix-a-lot would be extremely interested...) the ability to VESA mount them is basically useless because:
1) The mount point is well below the monitor, so they'd be sitting up ludicrously high

2) The neck of the monitor is incredibly not-sturdy - your VESA-mounted monitor would be flapping around everytime somebody sneezed near your desk. I tried. It was ridiculous.

So YES, some of them are technically VESA-capable, but NO, you shouldn't bother with these if that's your goal.

That aside, the monitor itself is really pretty good, especially for the prices Woot's selling them for. We bought four of the 23" ones for my office last year through Woot and they all work great.



Thanks for the info. Guess I'll be passing this time, and will have to get new monitors next time Woot has HP monitors (since those always seem to have VESA mounts, and mine have worked pretty good all these years).

Note to self: AOC = don't bother.

aerylen


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerylen

I've been heavily considering getting this since my monitor is an HP vs17. The refurbished part kind of scares me though. Anyone have experience buying refurb'd electronics from here?

golncor


quality posts: 2 Private Messages golncor

here is a 27" with VESA and DVI inputs
and is same price.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=24-160-080&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=5&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=%28keywords%29#scrollFullInfo

jthebird1977


quality posts: 27 Private Messages jthebird1977

And another 27"er on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/AOC-E2752VH-27-Inch-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/B007B5P46W/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1366434880&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=AOC+I2757FH+27 with free shipping and the same price. honestly the specs look better for me on amazon.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

tweekerz


quality posts: 2 Private Messages tweekerz

You get what you pay for. This is not supporting the higher resolution, which most would want, such as what the Dell UtlraSharp offers. Buy smaller than 27" if you are searching for 1920x1080.


jthebird1977 wrote:And another 27"er on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/AOC-E2752VH-27-Inch-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/B007B5P46W/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1366434880&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=AOC+I2757FH+27 with free shipping and the same price. honestly the specs look better for me on amazon.



aufbau8


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aufbau8
jthebird1977 wrote:And another 27"er on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/AOC-E2752VH-27-Inch-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/B007B5P46W/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1366434880&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=AOC+I2757FH+27 with free shipping and the same price. honestly the specs look better for me on amazon.



The woot AOC 27" has an IPS display, meaning better viewing angles and colors.

Shinespark


quality posts: 31 Private Messages Shinespark
golncor wrote:here is a 27" with VESA and DVI inputs
and is same price.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=24-160-080&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=5&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=%28keywords%29#scrollFullInfo



It's also a glossy TN panel and will have an inferior gamut.

I honestly can't do lower than 1440 on a 27" anyway, though.

webgenie


quality posts: 3 Private Messages webgenie

Please Woot I am searching for a Vesa mount monitor around 22 inch or less. Thank you that is all!