"Do you know where we're going?" 
"No." 
"Do you want to stop and ask for directions?" 
"No." 
"Man, you're the worst navigation system ever." 

Quality Posts

xAffliction

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xAffliction

Who's the nav/map provider? Nokia, Garmin, ?

jakemyster84

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jakemyster84

Trying to find reviews on these units but coming up with no luck at the moment. I did find this video that did some explaining but not much:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ehx02K0tSdc

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

xAffliction wrote:Who's the nav/map provider? Nokia, Garmin, ?

TeleAtlas.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mhodges

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mhodges
xAffliction wrote:Who's the nav/map provider? Nokia, Garmin, ?

I found a page here that says it is "GPS Navigation with NavMate software and TeleAtlas maps"

mhodges

Anyone know if this is a full swap with a Scion Pioneer stock unit in an FR-S? I'm pretty sure it will fit based on the other models.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Y'all might want to look at the Specs for each unit as it lists the cars that it will fit.

If you have specific questions, ask them here. The Metra people will be watching the forum!

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bstout268

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bstout268

moar Honda please

eduardfigueroa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eduardfigueroa

Can someone tell me if this will fit a 2003 Toyota Tacoma?

thebruce8541

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebruce8541

Can someone tell me if this thing will explode 2 weeks after install?

tattoorific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tattoorific
mhodges wrote:Anyone know if this is a full swap with a Scion Pioneer stock unit in an FR-S? I'm pretty sure it will fit based on the other models.

Yes it will work for your FRS.

tattoorific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tattoorific
eduardfigueroa wrote:Can someone tell me if this will fit a 2003 Toyota Tacoma?

No unfortunately it will not fit in your Tacoma

eduardfigueroa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eduardfigueroa
tattoorific wrote:No unfortunately it will not fit in your Tacoma

Bummer. Thanks!

mammlouk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mammlouk

I am looking at the chrysler unit for my 2008 Grand Caravan. Does this unit work without any extra bypasses or adapters? When I looked into swapping the stereo previously it was going to require an extra unit to plug into the van's ECU. Does the metra unit integrate this functionality or do I still need to purchase a PAC-RPI type adapter?

metraelectronics

quality posts: 9 Private Messages metraelectronics
mammlouk wrote:I am looking at the chrysler unit for my 2008 Grand Caravan. Does this unit work without any extra bypasses or adapters? When I looked into swapping the stereo previously it was going to require an extra unit to plug into the van's ECU. Does the metra unit integrate this functionality or do I still need to purchase a PAC-RPI type adapter?

You will still need an interface for this to work with your 08 Grand Caravan. If its amplified you would need an CHTO-03 if it is not amplified you can use an XSVI-6522-NAV. Hope this helps? http://axxessinterfaces.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&zenid=8vkv5bniu73b30274n5jfknvl2&keyword=chto-03&x=0&y=0 or http://axxessinterfaces.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=xsvi-6522-nav&x=0&y=0

ThunderThighs

Staff

Welcome metraelectronics! Glad to have you here answering questions.

FORUM MODERATOR

marktho

quality posts: 1 Private Messages marktho

Metra peeps, or anyone else with more brain than me (yes, that's not hard) - I've a 2008 Scion xB - stock Pioneer unit in there - looking at this, I think they might be too big, but I'm open to being contradicted and being told it will fit

metraelectronics

Metra is here to help...

thisiskevin32

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thisiskevin32

I have a 2010 Dodge Avenger.... Will this require any other sort of adapter? Or is it a straight swap?

metraelectronics

marktho wrote:Metra peeps, or anyone else with more brain than me (yes, that's not hard) - I've a 2008 Scion xB - stock Pioneer unit in there - looking at this, I think they might be too big, but I'm open to being contradicted and being told it will fit

The MDF-8202-1 will work..

metraelectronics

thisiskevin32 wrote:I have a 2010 Dodge Avenger.... Will this require any other sort of adapter? Or is it a straight swap?

You will need a CHTO-03 if the vehicle is amplified or an XSVI-6522-NAV if non amplified. Thanks

www.axxessinterface.com

metraelectronics

ThunderThighs wrote:Welcome metraelectronics! Glad to have you here answering questions.

Glad to help!

hennesse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hennesse

Any chance this will work with a 2013 Toyota Tacoma?

mhodges

tattoorific wrote:Yes it will work for your FRS.

Thanks. Is the wiring harness plug-and-play with the existing mike and USB port on the console?

Also, can you update the maps, and if so how much?

marktho

metraelectronics wrote:The MDF-8202-1 will work..

Thank you!

stephnrich

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stephnrich

I've been seeking an affordable unit like these for a 2002 Honda Odyssey for a long time without success.

Are any of these units adaptable for use in my car, maybe with a wiring harness adapter kit or something? Any recommendations?

marktho

Has anybody found any pictures of these units in use? I'd love to see what the UI on the screens is like, when I search on MDF-8202-1 on the Metra website it comes up saying not found so if someone could point me at screenshots that would be wonderful.

metraelectronics

mhodges wrote:Thanks. Is the wiring harness plug-and-play with the existing mike and USB port on the console?

Also, can you update the maps, and if so how much?

Yes it is plug and play.. The USB can be retained with the following part. http://axxessinterfaces.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=70-8114&x=0&y=0

metraelectronics

stephnrich wrote:I've been seeking an affordable unit like these for a 2002 Honda Odyssey for a long time without success.

Are any of these units adaptable for use in my car, maybe with a wiring harness adapter kit or something? Any recommendations?

Unfortunately these will not fit.

mhodges

metraelectronics wrote:Yes it is plug and play.. The USB can be retained with the following part. http://axxessinterfaces.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=70-8114&x=0&y=0

That looks like steering wheel control cable " Retains Factory Steering Wheel Controls"

metraelectronics

mhodges wrote:That looks like steering wheel control cable " Retains Factory Steering Wheel Controls"

Yes it will and it will also retain you AUX jack.

http://www.metraonline.com/files/products/INST70-8114.pdf

97dak2wd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 97dak2wd

The specs say it will work with a Toyota Camry with Nav. Will it work with a Toyota Camry without Nav too?

metraelectronics

Here is a link to our VFG.

http://www.metraonline.com/

Input vehicle and it will show the corresponding parts.

metraelectronics

97dak2wd wrote:The specs say it will work with a Toyota Camry with Nav. Will it work with a Toyota Camry without Nav too?

No just 2002-2006 with NAV.

jakemyster84

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jakemyster84

Metra: Would the MDF-3305-2 work with a 2006 Saab 9-7x with the Bose stereo? Looking on your website it is showing other parts but not the radio.

Thanks

fatherflan25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fatherflan25

i have a 2006 F-150 w/o Nav. Will this unit work.
If not is there any aftermarket parts i could buy?

metraelectronics

fatherflan25 wrote:i have a 2006 F-150 w/o Nav. Will this unit work.
If not is there any aftermarket parts i could buy?

Yes this unit will work and fit perfectly. All you need is the harness part number is 70-5520

http://www.metraonline.com/part/Ford_wire+harness_70-5520

metraelectronics

jakemyster84 wrote:Metra: Would the MDF-3305-2 work with a 2006 Saab 9-7x with the Bose stereo? Looking on your website it is showing other parts but not the radio.

Thanks

No unfortunately it will not.
Your welcome.

Dtiberious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dtiberious

anyone know if this would work in my 04 Ford Ranger?

metraelectronics

Dtiberious wrote:anyone know if this would work in my 04 Ford Ranger?

No unfortunately it will not.