WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Eye-Fi Wireless Memory Cards

You know what's better than a memory card? A memory card with a mind of its own! A memory card that can talk to your computer without ever touching it! A memory card that can SEND SECRET WAVES through the air without anyone even knowing! Of course, we're talking about these Eye-Fi Memory Cards. Check em out!
Eye-Fi official site

oklahomafire

quality posts: 3 Private Messages oklahomafire

So the "PRO" card comes with RAW file uploads and Nationwide Hotspot access for a year as well as WiFi Geotaging. So if you can do without those, then get the "Mobile" or "Connect" one. Here is more info: http://www.eye.fi/products#product_comparison

powermatt

quality posts: 8 Private Messages powermatt

These are coming up a lot lately. As I've said before, they do work quite well. The software still needs attention on the UI side of things; it works, but it's rather clunky.

chrisdazzo

quality posts: 6 Private Messages chrisdazzo

I've always wondered about the usability of these cards in car stereo headunits, e.g., syncing the card wirelessly for music with a computer, like an iPod or iPhone.

Anyone?

I'll be your Apple man.

brochris

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brochris
chrisdazzo wrote:I've always wondered about the usability of these cards in car stereo headunits, e.g., syncing the card wirelessly for music with a computer, like an iPod or iPhone.

Anyone?

These won't do that. They're strictly for transferring photos from your camera to computer (or smartphone) wirelessly.

nikdfish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nikdfish

Distance from the closest access point has a big impact on transfer rates. Even a few feet makes a noticeable difference to how quickly files are transmitted.

Lately I have started setting the camera on a shelf by my closest bridge unit & pictures upload about as fast as a card to PC transfer.

Kilikopele

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kilikopele
nikdfish wrote:Distance from the closest access point has a big impact on transfer rates. Even a few feet makes a noticeable difference to how quickly files are transmitted.

Interesting. I've heard that reported as well, so I believe it's a valid point. It has never been my experience though on either of my Fi cards. I can be shooting out in my backyard and uploading with a perfectly normal data rate.

I wonder if there is something to either the host body or the wireless router's chipset impacting that. On my Canons (or my kids Woot Kodak) i've had no issues.

I've even bounced photos off my laptop through hotel crappy wireless through the interwebs and onto my NAS with success. (Bandwidth-limited, in that case, to aforementioned hotel crappy wireless.)

Seriously, I only come here for the articles.

nikdfish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nikdfish

That could well be the case. Mine is in a Nikon Coolpix S9100. The SD card is sandwiched between the battery & joypad. That probably attenuates the signal pretty good.

Nick

vibes4me

quality posts: 3 Private Messages vibes4me
oklahomafire wrote:So the "PRO" card comes with RAW file uploads and Nationwide Hotspot access for a year as well as WiFi Geotaging. So if you can do without those, then get the "Mobile" or "Connect" one. Here is more info: http://www.eye.fi/products#product_comparison

I think you have to pay for the nationwide Hotspot I doubt they are giving that away free, at least the Woot Refurbished version....

cdowley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdowley
brochris wrote:These won't do that. They're strictly for transferring photos from your camera to computer (or smartphone) wirelessly.

Any viability for transferring video?

kornuts69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kornuts69
cdowley wrote:Any viability for transferring video?

Yes, it sends video the same way it sends the pictures. I've been impressed with the one I got a few months ago, as a side benefit since i have their app on my phone all the pictures i take with it also magically show up on my laptop.

ergottwheels

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ergottwheels

Just to confirm, I need the Pro if I want to transfer RAW files instead of jpeg?

kornuts69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kornuts69
ergottwheels wrote:Just to confirm, I need the Pro if I want to transfer RAW files instead of jpeg?

That's the way the website lists them and my pro card does send RAW images just fine.

kenbuzz

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kenbuzz

Yeah, I don't get that either, because my 4GB Connect X2 transfers photos regardless of the format I'm shooting - jpg or raw.

Vendor product comparsion chart: http://www.eye.fi/products#product_comparison

Connect X2 (4GB) and Mobile X2 (8GB) are identical except for capacity. Pro X2 (8GB) adds WiFi-based geotagging.

LAST FIVE WOOTS:
09/25/14 Roku 1 Streaming Media Player - $30
09/18/14 iGo Car Charger for iPad, iPhone & iPod (3x) - $2 ea
09/04/14 Assorted T-shirts (2x) - $12 ea
08/19/14 HP 14" Dual-Core Chromebooks w/Free 4G - $200
08/06/14 Dr Comics #1 Journal (2x) - $13 ea

fuzita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuzita

oh... i missed it for a few hours, will you repeat the offer?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

fuzita wrote:oh... i missed it for a few hours, will you repeat the offer?

Keep an eye out on other Plus events. They may reappear. See my signature for a list of all plus sales.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items