WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Don't Be Blue, Microphones

If I opened up a stand on the side of the street that said "green apples for sale" but then I only sold red delicious, people would be like, "That's false advertising!" Right? So then how come we allow Blue Microphones to sell a bunch of USB mics that aren't blue??? DOUBLE! STANDARD!
Blue Microphones official site

Quality Posts

• (2:39 PM, 4/11/2013) cynicalcheeto isn't feeling blue about the Blue Yeti...

rbensonwa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rbensonwa

Yeti Pro required factory modification.

I ordered the Yeti Pro last time from Woot and it arrived in perfect condition. However, the gain is about 1/10 that of the Yeti. I spent a day trying all the work-arounds on the Internet, then called Blue Microphone. The tech person, who was very helpful, acknowledged that the gain is set much lower. The reason she gave was that they expected the Pro to be used in louder environments with higher sound pressure levels. I wanted it for webinars, so it was worthless to me. Tech support offered to do the free "gain adjustment" fix. I sent the mic to Blue the next day and haven't received it back yet. Looks like it takes about 3 weeks to turn it around. When it comes back, it should have the same gain as the standard silver Yeti.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn

I like Blue products EXCEPT the Tiki. Other reviews online echo this sentiment. It just doesn't work that well.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

warridu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages warridu

Be careful: none of these will work with Windows 8. Win8 is unsupported by the company, and there's no ETA.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
warridu wrote:Be careful: none of these will work with Windows 8. Win8 is unsupported by the company, and there's no ETA.

I don't blame them.

that was fun while it lasted!

TychoCelchuuu

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TychoCelchuuu

Bought a refurb Yeti last time Woot was selling them because I figured it would give me better recording quality for my YouTube videos. I was right - I won't bother linking to my crap but the difference is noticeable (I posted a video without saying anything about the new microphone and a few comments asked if my voice had changed) and I think it sounds better (or at least more accurate). It also doesn't add a slight hiss/noise to the background of everything like my headset mic does. I have zero complaints - the only issue is that because my bedroom isn't baffled, it doesn't sound quite as nice as it could. Overall I'd say it's a great podcasting/general recording microphone and the price is pretty good on the refurbs.

dreamingawake09

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreamingawake09
warridu wrote:Be careful: none of these will work with Windows 8. Win8 is unsupported by the company, and there's no ETA.

Had the exact opposite. Bought the USB Yeti and I have Windows 8. Has been running fine with it on Audacity and Ableton, no driver installation or driver problems.

jamesbutabi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesbutabi

Bought the Blue Yeti last go around and was impressed at the quality of both the sounds recording and the unit itself. Larger and heavier than I anticipated. Very good for podcasting or ambient music recording. I'm very satisfied with the purchase.

dtremit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dtremit
radi0j0hn wrote:I like Blue products EXCEPT the Tiki. Other reviews online echo this sentiment. It just doesn't work that well.

Plus it's $5 less NIB on Amazon.

willCode4Beer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willCode4Beer

Here's how to set it up in Linux

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/12/how-to-set-up-blue-yeti-mic-in-ubuntu

hint: just plug it in ;-)

willCode4Beer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willCode4Beer

Well, darn it. The "buy now" button doesn't work in Firefox or Chrome. Guess I won't be able to get one :-(

buenocabra

quality posts: 2 Private Messages buenocabra

I have wanted a Pro for a long time. This is a great deal. Too bad I'm broke. Can't we keep it up til I get paid next week? :\

MandaraxDragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MandaraxDragon

Couldn't get the button to work in IE either. What the heck? I want one!

jhme23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhme23

I've tried in Firefox and Safari, but I can't click the Buy Now button for the Blue 1950 Yeti USB Microphone. Anybody have this problem and have it fixed? : (

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Sorry guys. I'm reporting the problem now.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

slikster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slikster

Are you guys sleeping?
I'm surprised at you WOOT.
You still haven't noticed that the BUY NOW button on your Yeti Pro mics product page still doesn't work!
Apparently, it just links back to the product page.
Others have complained and you can't be selling very many of them.
I love WOOT. I'm very surprised all this time has passed with no one at WOOT noticing this problem. Fix, please.

slikster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slikster
slikster wrote:the BUY NOW button on your Yeti Pro mics product page doesn't work!
Apparently, it just links back to the product page.

Thanks for fixing (now I can go back to work, ZZZzzzzz)
Purchase away, WOOTers!

cynicalcheeto

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cynicalcheeto

I have to wonder, how does woot manage to get its hands on refurbished Blue microphones so often? Are these returns that have been touched-up and sold by Blue to woot?

Anyhow, just received my Blue Yeti today. Impressed by the sound, surprised by the size and weight. It's a great product.