WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

A (s)Urge of Bluetooth Speakers & Keyboards

It makes you sad to walk by those houses where they keep their keyboards and speakers tethered to some old desktop all day. Because that's not your style. You let your speakers and keyboards RUN FREE, "tied" only to a Bluetooth signal! Well, we applaud you! We applaud you very much!
Urge official site

thaape

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thaape

They hide the thickness in those pics... I want to see a profile of it shut. Looks like a HUGE keyboard.

calbadude1995

quality posts: 0 Private Messages calbadude1995

I wonder if this will work with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0.

urgenerg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages urgenerg
calbadude1995 wrote:I wonder if this will work with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0.

Hi! The device is NOT supported for the Galaxy Tab 7. However, the keyboard is compatible with all bluetooth 2.0 enabled devices. So while we do not guarantee that the Tab 7 will fit into the folio with all buttons and such in the right places, the keyboard should work.

michael2255

quality posts: 5 Private Messages michael2255

I was in until I saw mini.

calbadude1995

quality posts: 0 Private Messages calbadude1995
urgenerg wrote:Hi! The device is NOT supported for the Galaxy Tab 7. However, the keyboard is compatible with all bluetooth 2.0 enabled devices. So while we do not guarantee that the Tab 7 will fit into the folio with all buttons and such in the right places, the keyboard should work.

Thanks for letting me know.

star84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages star84

Anyone know if the folios would fit a Nexus 7?

haywardkw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haywardkw
star84 wrote:Anyone know if the folios would fit a Nexus 7?

Hello it for a iPud which is a 9-10" device

Yes the keyboard should work fine but the tab
will not fit securely... another 9-10 inch might but not a 7

jnjackson13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnjackson13

Anyone who previously bought the URGE Basics Sound Brick have anything to say about it? I'm thinking for use in the car - sound quality has gotten good reviews in past woots (and Amazon), but I'm curious as to overall volume. I know it's not likely to fill as much space as the car stereo, but will it be frustrating to use it this way? Thanks in advance!

poisonfreeg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages poisonfreeg
jnjackson13 wrote:Anyone who previously bought the URGE Basics Sound Brick have anything to say about it? I'm thinking for use in the car - sound quality has gotten good reviews in past woots (and Amazon), but I'm curious as to overall volume. I know it's not likely to fill as much space as the car stereo, but will it be frustrating to use it this way? Thanks in advance!

so i bought this cuz i wanted some extra volume for my music while in the shower. now cant say ive tried this in my car, but more than sufficient for playing over the noise of a shower. so could work. id recommend the sound brick. great bluetooth speaker for 30 bucks.

jnjackson13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnjackson13
poisonfreeg wrote:so i bought this cuz i wanted some extra volume for my music while in the shower. now cant say ive tried this in my car, but more than sufficient for playing over the noise of a shower. so could work. id recommend the sound brick. great bluetooth speaker for 30 bucks.

Thanks, poisonfreeg! It sounds like it might work - since my car is a small truck, it's not like there's a lot of upholstery to dampen the sound, though there's not much tile, it's also a lot smaller than the average bathroom.

lorlick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lorlick

HELLO
IS anyone OUT THERE THAT CAN
ANSWER MY QUESTION?

I was wondering if this would work with a MID M9000 android tablet PC?

joetvwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joetvwoot

I got the keyboard last time only to realize it wasn't a mini keyboard but a keyboard for the ipad mini.

Through mostly obstinacy I ended up getting the galaxy tab 2 7" from woot a week or two later- it fits great, problem solved.

Fwiw, ipad mini specs (I.e. any similar size tablet with bluetooth 2.0 should work)
Height:
7.87 inches (200 mm)
Width:
5.3 inches (134.7 mm)
Depth:
0.28 inch (7.2 mm)

Closed, the folio is about 1.5" thick.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 592 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

joetvwoot wrote:I got the keyboard last time only to realize it wasn't a mini keyboard but a keyboard for the ipad mini.

Through mostly obstinacy I ended up getting the galaxy tab 2 7" from woot a week or two later- it fits great, problem solved.

Fwiw, ipad mini specs (I.e. any similar size tablet with bluetooth 2.0 should work)
Height:
7.87 inches (200 mm)
Width:
5.3 inches (134.7 mm)
Depth:
0.28 inch (7.2 mm)

Closed, the folio is about 1.5" thick.

I'll see if we can make it more clear in the Features that it's for the iPad mini.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

zeptho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zeptho

I've purchased the Bluetooth speakers the last time they were offered and am very pleased with the sound quality of the music played over Bluetooth and the Aux connection on the back. Included is an Aux. cable and Micro USB to USB cable for charging the unit from your computer or an in wall USB unit. I have not tried the speaker phone capabilities yet, but for $30 the speaker is a steal and works surprisingly well.

I would definitely suggest checking them out for a portable wireless speaker system.

quezbor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quezbor

I used mine in my car. It's ok if you place it right near you but not really loud. Didn't get a chance to try the hands free phone feature before it broke on me and I had to send it back in on my dime.

Homercles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Homercles

Funny how everyone got a tablet because it was cooler than a laptop, then they come up with accessories to turn it into a laptop.

Except it's a laptop that won't run actual software and has a keyboard that's too small to use comfortably.

zeptho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zeptho
quezbor wrote:I used mine in my car. It's ok if you place it right near you but not really loud. Didn't get a chance to try the hands free phone feature before it broke on me and I had to send it back in on my dime.

I use mine all the time in my apartment and never have trouble hearing it even for small social gatherings. Maybe yours was a defective unit, so I guess can't really attest to the company's consistency or the units reliability. I'll let you guys know if/when it breaks.

seemav

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seemav

Does this work for Samsung Google Nexus 10 "

dfunk29

quality posts: 51 Private Messages dfunk29

Does anyone know if the case has auto turn off when it closes?

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 45 Private Messages DaZoneRanger
Homercles wrote:Funny how everyone got a tablet because it was cooler than a laptop, then they come up with accessories to turn it into a laptop.

Except it's a laptop that won't run actual software and has a keyboard that's too small to use comfortably.

Who got one because it was cooler? I have a desk top, a laptop, and three tablets (android 4.0, Ipad2 and iPad mini) and I use it the ipads the most out of all of them. As I type, I'm burning calories on my StarTrac eliptical machine, something I would not be able to do with a laptop. My dad has a desktop (and just got a new iMac), but he uses his iPad a thousand times more than the desktops, because it does everything he needs and it's the most convenient to use.

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 45 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

Anybody have anything to say in regards to how this speaker compares to a Jambox?

richbutler1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richbutler1

Urge BT Speaker mini review - OK, not such a mini review, but here goes...good sound quality and volume. Decent pairing with Android phone. Hands-free feature may not be great since a few friends acted as if the mic was not sensitive enough and the volume of the call was noticeably lower than the music audio that had just paused. Overall for music playback, this is a great deal with good quality, especially appreciated a decent bass response. Would be more than enough volume to put on a counter when hanging out, kicking a few tunes or in the office playing at low volumes behind closed doors. Great bang for the buck. My only knock is the blue light that flashes behind the grill. I will be finding a screwdriver, opening, and taping over it since there's an audible beep when it's pairing/paired.

getmoreram

quality posts: 0 Private Messages getmoreram
DaZoneRanger wrote:Anybody have anything to say in regards to how this speaker compares to a Jambox?

It compares very well to the Jambox. I have both, and this one sounds 99% as good as the Jambox.

antecwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antecwood

the sound bar was small then i expected. sounds great and has nice bass. First bad thing i noticed about it was distortion at high volumes with my phone. if the phones volume was up high and the sound bar was almost maxed you could hear some nasty distortion. but if the phone was at 50%-70% volume it wasn't too bad. not something to get for blasting music but great for just having some music in the background while in the garage or out at the beach/camping