WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

K3 Portable Chargers

The problem with your portable phone? It runs out of batteries. If only there was a portable charger, right? Surely such a thing would be impossible, though, because the whole point of charging something is so you can take it away from the charging source, correct? NOPE! WE GOT K3 PORTABLE CHARGERS!
K3 official site

djones101

quality posts: 1 Private Messages djones101

Bought the Powerporta 6600 Due previously and very happy with it. I've been able to completely recharge my Rezound 3 times on a single charge of the Due. Well worth the investment, especially with a 2400-mile road trip coming up.

gjbloom

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gjbloom

Monoprice has a 3000 mAh for $22.88.

webhed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages webhed

Volcano ecigs has a 5000MaH for $24.99

http://www.volcanoecigs.com/power-bank.html

kristinkj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristinkj

Chargers that need CHARGED... uh, no... been down that road!!!

linxdev

quality posts: 1 Private Messages linxdev

I have a few batteries like these. I believe they use a 3.7v Li-Ion cell and boost to 5v.

Every one I have tested has shown to be less than rated capacity. At least by 30%. My belief is that they take the internal battery capacity at 3.7v and use that as the rating instead of what it would be at 5v.

A 5000mAh may only be 3000mAh+ at 5v.

dhazle99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhazle99

I see that it is charging an Iphone 5 in the pictures and yet it looks like none of these chargers comes with an Iphone 5 connector. Seems a bit tricksy there.

SunnyLea0

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SunnyLea0

This is, quite possibly, a stupid question, but are those 3.5mm jacks on the audio cable?

parrotice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages parrotice
dhazle99 wrote:I see that it is charging an Iphone 5 in the pictures and yet it looks like none of these chargers comes with an Iphone 5 connector. Seems a bit tricksy there.

I think for an iPhone, you'd just use your own cable, connected to the USB port on the charger. I'm sure someone will correct me if that's wrong.

I'm still on the fence about these. I see their use, like the person above who has a 2400 mile drive coming up. But I have so many damn things that need charging, that to carry a charger, that by-the-way also needs charging itself, seems like it would just confuse me.

Where's the crap?

El Marko

quality posts: 8 Private Messages El Marko

So you charge the battery pack off a computer? That's a no-go for me. I want an AC charger so it tops up the lithium tank quickly, thank you. Yes, I know there are adapters you can plug this into that you then plug into an outlet, but it would be nice to see that included rather than be an additional purchase.

Skyholder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Skyholder

Follow-up to dhazle99.

Does anyone have a definitive answer to charging an iPhone 5?

According to their website..
"The UNO 4500 can recharge all DC 5V or USB electronic devices. As an added convenience, we have included 6 of the most common connectors utilized today."

FYI, THEY charge $59.99.

thek3company

quality posts: 24 Private Messages thek3company
Skyholder wrote:Follow-up to dhazle99.

Does anyone have a definitive answer to charging an iPhone 5?

According to their website..
"The UNO 4500 can recharge all DC 5V or USB electronic devices. As an added convenience, we have included 6 of the most common connectors utilized today."

FYI, THEY charge $59.99.

Hi there. Just a quick reply to your question regarding the iPhone5 charge capability. Yes,all of the portable chargers support the iPhone 5. The six (6) connectors are for an added value in case you have a camera, bluetooth, portable speakers as the K3 portable chargers can charge all. All you need to do to charge the iphone 5 is plug you phone into the portable charger using the lightning cable provided with your phone.

Thus, the perfect product for those on the go! Charge anywhere, anytime without a wall outlet. I hope that helps.

mikegallin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikegallin
gjbloom wrote:Monoprice has a 3000 mAh for $22.88.

Thanks for the info! I just went on to Monoprice and ordered a 9000 mAh for $29.99, with overnight shipping and CA sales tax just under $38.00 total!

MarktoYou

jmhatfield07

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jmhatfield07

I might be in for one of these...but how do you charge it? Could you just use the USB cord and plug it into a computer/adapter. I can't tell if you can plug in either side of the cord included into the unit for the $20 chargers.

Thanks!