zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Oh hey, lookie here. It's a new site!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

DonKudler

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DonKudler
ThunderThighs wrote:Oh hey, lookie here. It's a new site!

Who you calling a tool, TT?!?!?!!?!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

DonKudler wrote:Who you calling a tool, TT?!?!?!!?!

If the tool fits....

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mross22

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mross22

can't find any reviews anywhere on this thing....

kevinlypuff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevinlypuff

I really want to buy this thing but the lack of reviews is troubling. Does anyone have any experience with this thing? If so please share! Thanks in advance.

strongry

quality posts: 2 Private Messages strongry
kevinlypuff wrote:I really want to buy this thing but the lack of reviews is troubling. Does anyone have any experience with this thing? If so please share! Thanks in advance.

I, too, am very intrigued. I'm thinking it would be nice for playing music by the hot tub and/or bonfire. I'm just drunk enough to buy, too!

philgonet

quality posts: 11 Private Messages philgonet
kevinlypuff wrote:I really want to buy this thing but the lack of reviews is troubling. Does anyone have any experience with this thing? If so please share! Thanks in advance.

strongry wrote:I, too, am very intrigued. I'm thinking it would be nice for playing music by the hot tub and/or bonfire. I'm just drunk enough to buy, too!

Yeah, sounds like it would be good for those applications. Don't know about this specific product, but in general PYLE makes pretty good stuff.

DonKudler

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DonKudler

My wife bought me a Beats by Dr. Dre Pill for my birthday. Wondering how this compares.

beautybark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beautybark

Note the physical dimensions and the lack of perspective photo's. Easily attachable to carabiner, chain, or wire, roughly 9"x3"x3". Definitely not going to be a powerhouse. And don't people joining the Marine's generally maintain a "C" average?

ME and my sparrow

mross22

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mross22

Scoured the interweb. Nothing available for a review. Only thing I noticed is that this first became available on Amazon on March 8th of this year. That is a pretty short time to hit the bargain bin. Draw your own conclusions.

what the hell - in for 1 - gonna attach it to my seadoo this summer.

moogleymeador

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moogleymeador
beautybark wrote:Note the physical dimensions and the lack of perspective photo's. Easily attachable to carabiner, chain, or wire, roughly 9"x3"x3". Definitely not going to be a powerhouse. And don't people joining the Marine's generally maintain a "C" average?

People join the Marine Corps, not the "Marine's". Did anyone ever tell you not to generalize by the way, I maintained a 3.75 in college before joining the Marines sir.

glaus25

quality posts: 1 Private Messages glaus25
beautybark wrote:Note the physical dimensions and the lack of perspective photo's. Easily attachable to carabiner, chain, or wire, roughly 9"x3"x3". Definitely not going to be a powerhouse.

This speaker is slightly larger than the Beats Pill (which sounds much bigger than it looks). Granted, the Beats Pill is $200 everyday retail, but for $40 I'm willing to take the dive. Just wonder what the wattage is (probably 2Wx2 or 3Wx2).

ivanivanovich

quality posts: 24 Private Messages ivanivanovich
beautybark wrote:And don't people joining the Marine's generally maintain a "C" average?

"Marine grade." Heh.

Those who can't keep at the C level or above become submariners. Because they're below sea level....

jmeineke

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jmeineke

Not much more info
http://www.pyleaudio.com/sku/PWPBT60/Rugged-and-Waterproof-Wireless-Marine-Grade-Hanging-Bluetooth-Speaker-(Black)

also troubling is you cant download the manual.

jmeineke

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jmeineke

well that's awesome! this is a horrible price woot! clicked the buy online via pyle and they send you here where they are GIVING them away!

http://www.qualitycaraudio.com/store/viewitem.asp?sku=PWPBT60

No stock though lol

saltlakecityty

quality posts: 2 Private Messages saltlakecityty

I'm a bit worried by the lack of reviews, but I'm going to cross my fingers and give this one a try. If anyone has tried this speaker I'd love to hear about it.

NeoLuddite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NeoLuddite

I'm in for one, but also waiting for a sarcastic order confirmation like "ha ha, April Fools, everybody knows Bluetooth doesn't work near the water"

idealreptiles

quality posts: 2 Private Messages idealreptiles

Typical import move
Company finds product they like, repackages and brands it, and it goes from cheap unknown to name brand overnight... Pyle? Yea, they make OK stuff, it must be good! ;)
Too new and unknown to be copied, which is the more common import scam
Here is a link to the real deal with some great views. No reviews but who can pass up in minimum purchase of 3000?
Typically this will include free branding
http://www.bestradiospeaker.com/sell-newest_portable_wireless_waterproof_bluetooth_speaker-201963.html#.UVkuEmS9LCQ

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
idealreptiles wrote:Typical import move
Company finds product they like, repackages and brands it, and it goes from cheap unknown to name brand overnight... Pyle? Yea, they make OK stuff, it must be good! ;)
Here is a link to the real deal with some great views. No reviews but who can pass up in minimum purchase of 3000?
http://www.bestradiospeaker.com/sell-newest_portable_wireless_waterproof_bluetooth_speaker-201963.html#.UVkuEmS9LCQ

and it's $28.60 u.s. dollars. shipping would be expensive no doubt, but still not worth the $147 woot has it listing for.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

wak3r3b3l

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wak3r3b3l
beautybark wrote:And don't people joining the Marine's generally maintain a "C" average?

In this case "marine" references the companies background in marina, or boat, type products. But I will say ivanivanovich def wins funniest comment thus far.

dergon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dergon

Well...... I bit.

I'll let you know.

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude
philgonet wrote:Don't know about this specific product, but in general PYLE makes pretty good stuff.

You must have lost your mind. Pyle is a cost-cutting flea market brand name whos products are designed to be the cheapest possible option for each category. They're the products people sell on eBay, but don't want to tell you the brand name. Just "HIGHPOWER SUPER BASS MARINE BLUETOOTH SPEAKER NIB OH EM GEE."

keir23

quality posts: 2 Private Messages keir23

Oddly enough, that one actually appears to be a better model than this one (using the widely accepted "more buttons is better" method.)

buff1110

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buff1110

Just from my experience installing car stereos and following car audio, PYLE is a garbage brand and as someone else mentioned, can be found in flea markets along with BOSS audio products. Stick with name brands or take a gamble.

sassamfracken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sassamfracken

You're totally right. And it actually DOES look like a knockoff -- of these Phillips speakers: http://www.amazon.com/Philips-ShoqBox-SB7200-Bluetooth-Wireless/dp/B007PZYBTY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_8

txsrooster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages txsrooster

in for 1..Even if the audio sucks...hopefully it will save my daughters cell phone from the perils on the bathtub rim...all I care about.

jdubau55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdubau55

In for 1. Even if pretty terrible this will be better than nothing. Keep your $700 smartphone in a water tight container and still be able to control the volume and tracks. Will use this tubing on the river, at the beach, pool side, or even out back around the fire pit.

john44111

quality posts: 0 Private Messages john44111
strongry wrote:I, too, am very intrigued. I'm thinking it would be nice for playing music by the hot tub and/or bonfire. I'm just drunk enough to buy, too!

I have a pair of computer speakers out by the hottub hooked into a a GFCI and 4 foot away from the water. (still this is dangerous and when it rains.. well predictable results) I am going to spend the coin on these if the 33 foot range is real I can leave the Ipod inside the house and control the ipod from the control panel of this. Sounds like a good deal to me. Im 41 so I am well aware that Pyle can be considered in the "garbage" category but they also make some wild sub-woofers and stuff. So quality with this name brand was truly hit or miss (nothing in between) If this will play some John Mayer in the hot-tub while keeping the Ipod out of the extreme environment of the hot-tub so I can get busy with the wife of 19 years, then 40 bucks well spent.

I am in for one.

jdubau55

http://www.amazon.com/Grace-Digital-ECOXGEAR-Waterproof-Bluetooth/dp/B008MG5V80/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364827882&sr=8-1&keywords=waterproof+bluetooth+speaker

Comparing to this one at Amazon with it's advertised 1800 mah battery and the 10+ hours it also advertises, I am going out on a limb and saying expect about 7 hours from the Pyle.

This should work great with the old Motorola Droid collecting dust. No sense risking my good phone in the elements.

onsitestudios

quality posts: 1 Private Messages onsitestudios

I noticed that there is no cover for the USB port, "waterproof" or otherwise.

slykly1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slykly1

My wife and I love our ECOXGEAR Bluetooth Speaker. The one plus that it has over the PYLE is that it has a microphone that you can take call withs. But EXCOXGEAR does not have any control buttons, it only has the phone button and volume buttons. PYLE has the advantage there with skip forward/backward and play/pause buttons. So pick your poison.

ratmotor

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ratmotor

I can't believe no one played the Gomer Pyle USMC card.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn
beautybark wrote:Note the physical dimensions and the lack of perspective photo's. Easily attachable to carabiner, chain, or wire, roughly 9"x3"x3". Definitely not going to be a powerhouse. And don't people joining the Marine's generally maintain a "C" average?

I would love to see you offer your pathetic attempt at humor directly in front of a Marine.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Yep. Got a Pyle DVD player last time on Woot. It is working, but is very, very cheaply made.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

parsoje

quality posts: 3 Private Messages parsoje
radi0j0hn wrote:I would love to see you offer your pathetic attempt at humor directly in front of a Marine.

Well, as a marine, they should vigorously defend the right of the person to say it. First amendment. Marines defend the freedoms of Americans, as do all branches. Just sayin. . .

jdubau55

Big Image

This is about the biggest image I can find.

countdown

quality posts: 14 Private Messages countdown
radi0j0hn wrote:I would love to see you offer your pathetic attempt at humor directly in front of a Marine.

Wow. Touched a nerve much?

onsitestudios

quality posts: 1 Private Messages onsitestudios

I just noticed that the buttons on this image don't match up with the buttons on the Pyle unit.

jdubau55 wrote:Big Image

This is about the biggest image I can find.

wearemany

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wearemany

Anything related to a boat is 3x the cost.