3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

pixidustbunnie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pixidustbunnie

I feel like I would constantly be dialing 911 from my purse.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3290 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

"Good" review over at cnet.com

i1patrick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages i1patrick

Wasn't this company featured on Shark Tank a while back?

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

I'm really looking forward to this type of technology being available for eyeglasses.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

kamnet

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kamnet

So, for $40 we get a bluetooth speaker that isn't loud enough, a one-button 911 dialer that may cause excessive accidental dials, and a bunch of other features that eat up battery life?

The separated from phone alert is nice, but I dunno if that's $40 nice.

Deramedic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Deramedic

Read the Amazon reviews, please.
http://www.amazon.com/review/R1H47AEAN0IVIU/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R1H47AEAN0IVIU

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Guys there is a whole 'nother use you guys are forgetting. If you ever lose your car keys just throw your phone out the window and the alarm will sound.

(Don't really throw your phone out the window, walk outside with it or something you dingus)

AerodexdotCom

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AerodexdotCom

The manufactures web site shows two models. http://www.zomm.com/products/wireless-leash-plus

Wireless Leash and Wireless Leash Plus.
The plus model indicates it also works with the IPhone app. Which model is Woot selling?

A

netkung

quality posts: 0 Private Messages netkung

Check out review on Amazon. There are a lot of negative reviews.

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang
Deramedic wrote:Read the Amazon reviews, please.
http://www.amazon.com/review/R1H47AEAN0IVIU/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R1H47AEAN0IVIU

that's bcuz that dood has a ancient phone w/o multi-bluetooth connection capability.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

PRICE CHANGE

Hey guys, the dude at HQ was in a good mood (sleepy) and agreed (didn't fuss) about lowering the price.

It's now $34.99. You know what this means. Yep, tears in the morning from the buyer. I tell, it's hard to bear. Please buy 3 to make it up to him.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

drummingcraig

quality posts: 10 Private Messages drummingcraig
i1patrick wrote:Wasn't this company featured on Shark Tank a while back?

Yes, and none of the sharks "bit".

So are we gonna kick it - Gonna kick it woot down - Gonna break it all down - Gonna kick it woot down!

cfalgas

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cfalgas

I backed a project on Indigogo that had a similar aim to this product. There are no "reviews" yet, but some of you dissenters may be interested in a different but similar product; it's called Sticknfind.

ward7299

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ward7299

[comment deleted]

zommrep

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zommrep
pixidustbunnie wrote:I feel like I would constantly be dialing 911 from my purse.

Hi Pixidustbunnie. The Wireless Leash emits a panic alarm before an emergency call is placed. You have to hold the Z-button down through the Panic Alarm until the device says "Dialing emergency assistance." This can function as a warning if the Z-button is being accidentally pressed. The emergency number is programmable using the myZOMM software and can be changed to any number.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AerodexdotCom wrote:The manufactures web site shows two models. http://www.zomm.com/products/wireless-leash-plus

The plus model indicates it also works with the IPhone app. Which model is Woot selling?

We are selling the Wireless Leash. There's an Android app for this one.

It will work with an iPhone but there's no iPhone app for this one.

Happy Android People?

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

zommrep

kamnet wrote:So, for $40 we get a bluetooth speaker that isn't loud enough, a one-button 911 dialer that may cause excessive accidental dials, and a bunch of other features that eat up battery life?

The separated from phone alert is nice, but I dunno if that's $40 nice.

Hi kamnet. The ZOMM battery, when on and connected to your phone, can last up to 5 days. The myZOMM software allows you to customize the Wireless Leash, including the ability to disable any feature you do not with to use.

zommrep

CowboyDann wrote:Guys there is a whole 'nother use you guys are forgetting. If you ever lose your car keys just throw your phone out the window and the alarm will sound.

(Don't really throw your phone out the window, walk outside with it or something you dingus)

You can also use the phone to manually trigger an alarm on your device. When the Wireless Leash is connected, turn the Bluetooth feature of your phone off. This triggers the Leash alarm, which you can follow to find your keys.

deepseabc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deepseabc

After you add in the $5 shipping you're only saving $2.40 as compared to the everyday price on amazon. Couple this with mediocre reviews at best and I think someone missed the mark with the price point on this one!

ThunderThighs

Staff

deepseabc wrote:After you add in the $5 shipping you're only saving $2.40 as compared to the everyday price on amazon. Couple this with mediocre reviews at best and I think someone missed the mark with the price point on this one!

Only on the white. The other two are more expensive. Also, this is where you should take advantage of the $5 all day shipping (until midnight CT).

Also note that ours includes the BONUS Safe Driving Kit: DC Charger and Visor Clip with Sound Channeling Technology. Also, a nifty keyring.. Those are not listed on the Amazon sales.

bigjoepo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigjoepo

This is junk being sold by a terrible company. Don't buy it. I saw it on Shark Tank and bought their "Shark Tank Special" from their site. Everything on the show and the site implied that the device would work with their iPhone app. That was the biggest reason I wanted to buy it. Turns out only the "Wireless Leash Plus" works with the app and they were only selling the "Wireless Leash" even if you clicked on the links for the Plus. Classic bait and switch.

I bought it with the kit that comes in this deal. It cost me a hell of a lot more than $34. Considering how cheap this is, it seems they are still dumping old stock. If I recall correctly, they even said on Shark Tank that the reason they needed so much money was they had a ton of unsold stock sitting around. I was foolish and bought it anyway. Don't make the same mistake.

zommrep

lwang wrote:that's bcuz that dood has a ancient phone w/o multi-bluetooth connection capability.

If your phone can support one Bluetooth hands-free connection at a time, you will first have to shut off the Wireless Leash before using another Bluetooth car kit or headset. Once finished using the other Bluetooth device, you can turn the Wireless Leash on and it will reconnect to your phone.

zommrep

AerodexdotCom wrote:The manufactures web site shows two models. http://www.zomm.com/products/wireless-leash-plus

Woot is selling the ZOMM Wireless Leash. All the features of the Wireless Leash, including the Leash alarm, emergency dialer and hands-free speakerphone, will work with the iPhone or any phone that supports Bluetooth technology. The mobile app brings the features of the computer software to your mobile phone, allowing you to customize the device’s settings.

Special hardware had to be added to the Wireless Leash Plus for it to work with the myZOMM iPhone application. Because of this, only the Wireless Leash Plus will work with the iPhone app.

There is no such requirement with the myZOMM Android application. The Wireless Leash will work with the Android app. You can also customize the device settings using the myZOMM software for your computer.

zommtech

quality posts: 7 Private Messages zommtech

Amazon reviews span over 3+ years of development. Latest firmware and education from FAQ's have provided solutions to earlier concerns.

zommrep

cfalgas wrote:I backed a project on Indigogo that had a similar aim to this product. There are no "reviews" yet, but some of you dissenters may be interested in a different but similar product; it's called Sticknfind.

The StickNFind uses Bluetooth low energy. This technology is currently available only in the iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, and select Android phones.

The advantage of the ZOMM Wireless Leash is that it works with any phone that supports Bluetooth. It does not have to be a smartphone.

buenagrad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buenagrad
ThunderThighs wrote:We are selling the Wireless Leash. There's an Android app for this one.

Happy Android People?

So shouldn't you have put an android phone in the photo with the Zomm instead of an iPhone 5? False advertising guys. No bueno.

[MOD: It works just fine with an iPhone.]

ap210

quality posts: 47 Private Messages ap210
ThunderThighs wrote:We are selling the Wireless Leash. There's an Android app for this one.

Happy Android People?

This is the deal killer for me. Why picture it with an iphone if there isn't an app. C'mon woot, I've been with you for years. You are better than this.

NOTE: I'd buy it for double if you were selling the version that worked with the iphone app.

1. 11/6Rmba
  2. 11/13Scba
  3. 11/16LtchWlssSystm
  4. 11/16Gmbrdg
  5. 11/16SnDskPlyr
  6. 11/16UFO
  7. 11/16LtchWlssHdphns"lbl fll ff"
  8. 11/17LtchXbxhdst
  9. 11/173xLkFrg
  10. 11/25iPdShfflClck
  11. 12/62xBpMntrs
  12. 12/133xNxs25XM

Pony99CA

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Pony99CA
zommrep wrote:Hi kamnet. The ZOMM battery, when on and connected to your phone, can last up to 5 days. The myZOMM software allows you to customize the Wireless Leash, including the ability to disable any feature you do not with to use.

I presume that kamnet meant that it ate the battery life of your phone. The Zomm dying would be a minor nuisance; your phone dying could be much worse.

chiieddy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chiieddy

I don't know it seems redundant in some ways. I know I've forgotten my phone by the time I've reached my car if I don't have it because I use Waze religiously. That said, so what if I don't have my phone? I'm not tethered to it. It's inconvenient but not ridiculous. My phone has an ICE bypass as well for the lock screen.

This just seems to be another thing to forget to charge.

neowoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neowoot
ThunderThighs wrote: PRICE CHANGE

Hey guys, the dude at HQ was in a good mood (sleepy) and agreed (didn't fuss) about lowering the price.

It's now $34.99. You know what this means. Yep, tears in the morning from the buyer. I tell, it's hard to bear. Please buy 3 to make it up to him.

Woot! you're awesome!

pe5t1lence

quality posts: 7 Private Messages pe5t1lence

I use the Where's my Droid app when my phone is lost. It will crank the volume and ring your phone, and if your phone is stolen you can pull the GPS location and remotely wipe data.

icartb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages icartb

I own one of these (thanks Vine!) and will admit don't use it religiously. When I do use it it works pretty well. It's very loud! There have been times when it didn't warn me when my phone and keys weren't in the correct vicinity but overall it did OK. (I could have used it recently when I lost my keys..not my phone.) I do keep it on my keychain. Makes me want to charge 'er up and start using her again. (As a sidenote I lost my iPhone several months ago and didn't have it on..bad me. I use a few iDevices and use "Find My iPhone" and it worked. However, I would have had a whole lot less stress had I used this since I didn't realize I had a homing device in my iDevice-DUH!)

This is the one I have: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003N3J6BU/ref=cm_cr_rev_prod_title

Personally, and this is JMO, I think the negative reviews are unjustified. I look at a leash as something that if a dog pulls away from you, you pull it back. This does just that. You walk away from your phone at a store, restaurant, etc..., the alarm goes off, you return, and you "pull it back." Speaker phone? Use your phone unless it's archaic. Call 911? Do it from your phone. To me the primary purpose is to make sure you and your phone don't get lost from one another. The others are fluff.

dankebola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dankebola

I should put one of these on my girlfriend when we go shopping. She always seems to wander off

beachhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beachhead

Looks like the android world is happy, but those of us who have drank the kool aid, well, not so happy.

So, woot, at least there's always hope for tomorrow...

bdean42

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdean42

Be sure to check the myZOMM app page on the Google Play store to see if your device is compatible.

I have a Galaxy Nexus with Verizon and it claims the myZOMM app is incompatible with my phone, so I wouldn't even be able to download it.

obinhwan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages obinhwan
buenagrad wrote:So shouldn't you have put an android phone in the photo with the Zomm instead of a iPhone 5? False advertising guys. No bueno.

I don't see how you can call this false advertising. It works with the iphone, you just have to use the computer app to set up the zomm. You're buying a zomm NOT a zomm iphone app. False advertising would be showing a zomm plus instead of a zomm.

nmchapma

quality posts: 23 Private Messages nmchapma
zommtech wrote:Amazon reviews span over 3+ years of development. Latest firmware and education from FAQ's have provided solutions to earlier concerns.

So which one are we getting? The one from 3+ years ago which you have a huge overstock? or is this the latest-and-greatest-still-won't-work-with-my-iPhone5 version?

Also, if my wife has it in her pocketbook or I in my pocket and the alarm starts to go off, how close do I have to be to hear it? How often does this happen? Is the button low profile enough not to be pressed by everything that its pressed up against?

I like the idea, it'd be great for my wife while she's downtown, I'm just worried we're getting and old version that isn't up to date and will be more trouble than help, especially since it won't have full functionality when used with the iPhone.

tc1uscg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tc1uscg

This product looks cool however, by the time we turn on our GPS's, Bluetooths, WiFi's, live wallpaper and tweeters, our batteries last all of 2 hours. You end up having to install apps to turn off features at set times just to get half day of up time on phones these days. Just sayin

TC1 USCG Ret

kps008

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kps008

I'm buying these for my parents. They are always losing either their phones or their keys. The other features may never be used, but I know the BEEP will be sounding alot at their house! And I could attach this to my granddaughter when we go shopping in case she gets away from me too!