imtnbike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imtnbike
tomingulfbreeze wrote:Please tell me you're not riding a bike in traffic with headphones on.

As my name implies - I only mtn bike

omoomo

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omoomo

Bought these during last go round as many other did.

Cannot recommend them for the following reasons:

1) Uncomfortable wearing positions. I've tried wearing them every which way I can imagine with every combo of ear plug and they just aren't comfortable. Cannot wear them at all with glasses or sunglasses either.

2) Audio Quality. I realize that with BT...it's not going to be great, but I would describe it as "lousy and temperamental". If you bump the headphones at all...the sound "skips" and the volume seems to change w/o cause.

3) Charge duration. Very inconsistent charge duration...sometimes seems to last for weeks...sometimes doesn't make it through a 5 hour flight.

4) Hard to use. Doesn't pair with iPhone every time. Have to reset it often.

The price is nice, but I've shelved mine and I'm back to wired versions...experiment over.

yayobama

quality posts: 12 Private Messages yayobama

I've bought one of these from Woot back in Nov partly due to having "unlocked free shipping" and thought it'd be a nice Xmas gift. However, my gift recipient still haven't used it b/c his MP3 player and phone aren't bluetooth-able. Wooters, I need an inexpensive gadget that would at least transmit music, preferably radio, to this headphone unit. Advice?

Oscarq87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Oscarq87

It seems as if these are a real toss up on what kind of quality you'll get. I've owned a brand new pair of this exact model and after a few months the power button stopped working. I wouldn't waste my money on this one.

rocketdoctor

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rocketdoctor

I bought mine a few months on woot.

Good battery life
No mechanical, issues
Audio ok but I'm no audio tweeker

Just like others the complaints wish the volume can be louder. However I want to point out for this price it's a great BT headphones and serves it purpose. I wear these for running and other things that I don't want a cord hanging down. Perfect for working on projects in the house especially in the kitchens where drawer pulls catch the wired phones.

I'm thinking if buying another one today so ill have it when mine break or lose them. I don't know of any other BT stereo headphones that are close to this price

If you are am audiophile or planning on talking on the phone alt with them, then plan on spending some money

Locknar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Locknar

I bought these from Woot about a year ago, and they just died.

Sound wise I found them ok; sound quality was fine, sound volume was lower then I'd have wanted.

Comfort, once I found a set of ear buds I liked was good. They are a bit heavy on the back part, but never had any problems with fit/bouncing when running.

Were quick to charge, lasted about 6hrs between charges.

As others have noted, my only real complaint was with the power button. I never had any problems with it, though found it a bit awkward to use.

I suspect sweat is what did mine in. When mine died, I found sites where others had the same problem - worked fine, but then suddenly died after gym use (ie. sweat).

Basically, these are sweat resistant NOT sweat proof. I tried the button repair but to no avail.

One overall issue I did notice, and probably applies to any wrap around design - glasses. If you need to wear glasses these are probably not for you, the "wrap" is in the same places your glasses would go.

I notice this time around these come with a USB dongle; when I bought they had a actual charger.

Overall - they are a $25 set of bluetooth headphones. They are not the greatest in the world, but I found them well worth the $25.

sheilby

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sheilby

Ouch

That is the first word that comes to my mind when I think of these head phones. They squished my head so much. The didn't feel that bad when I first put them on, but after a while I would have a headache. When I took them off my ears were so sore. I thought I would get used to them, but now they just sit in a drawer.

I blame my large brain.

lola4028

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lola4028

This particular model has been out for years. I bought them the very first time I saw them. Bluetooth, wireless headphones?!?! I had to have them. I still like bluetooth headsets, but I wouldn't buy these.

I've probably owned 4 of these... bought at different times from different venders. They just don't last. The headset is only as good at the battery that's in it, as they cannot be changed. 3-4 months, or 3-4 weeks. Your guess is as good as mine. You'll start to find the charge doesn't last as long. Then is a rapid downhill journey.

I've tried other brands and styles. I've had the best luck with the Jabra HALO series. They're a bit bigger but the sound and quality seems better.

tennaub

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tennaub

In reading ALL reviews for this item, I think we have a loser here.....I pass, WOOT!

gunky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gunky
jonryan18 wrote:Will these fit a child's head? I want a set of bluetooth headphones to pair with a tablet for movie viewing when going on a long drive.

Yes - it's almost as if this particular bluetooth headset was designed for children/people with tiny heads. They can block out outside noise fairly well though, so be sure you tap your children if you want to get their attention.

WanderingBard

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WanderingBard

I've had mine for over a year, they still work great and I love them. I charge them once a week, and usually wear them for an hour or 2 5 days a week. As previous commenters have mentioned, after wearing them for a long period of time, they can get uncomfortable, and the little earbud pieces can fall off. Also, the buttons to control music can not register occasionally. Overall, I am extremely pleased with mine and recommend them.

drukepple

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drukepple

My experience: I bought 2 pairs last year on Woot, they were refurb, and they worked well for a few months. Then they would not charge. I was able to return them to Motorola under the year warranty, and printing out my woot order page was sufficient for proof of purchase.

So, it's great that Motorola honored the warranty, because I had to return them a total of FOUR times (total, not each) before finally getting a pair that seems to be holding up. Each time it was the same "won't charge" issue.

As for the performance of these headphones, they're OK. I don't use them for general music listening; they're too uncomfortable and tinny-sounding for that. But for working out, they're great. I wish they could go a little louder, there are times when I'm at the gym and the ambient noise is louder than I can get my music. But for running outside, they're pretty good, as long as my iPhone and the headphones are both cranked up.

If you're considering these for working out, and primarily fro that purpose, they'll do, just remember you (should) have a year warranty when (if) they crap out. I can't recommend getting bluetooth headphones for working out enough, though. These or another pair, being cable-free while running or biking or lifting weights is very liberating. You won't want to go back to cabled headphones after you try it.

shoulda2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shoulda2

I have these, no real problems so far you have to press the power button 2x to turn them on, read the booklet, (A few people said the power button didn't work because of this). Paired it with galaxy sII, asus transformer, and a few other misc phones as well with no problems.

I have had them about a year they have survived traveling and going to the gym weekly. The earbuds can fall off so I went ahead and and used a drop of glue on them and no problems with that anymore

Overall very nice set of headphones I just leave my phone in my jacket at the front door and it reaches at least 40 yards or so. I have also ran with them but I only run 3 miles or but can see if you were a longer distance runner doing 10+ miles they could definitely get uncomfortable.

Phillystyle

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Phillystyle

These headphones have been so good that I use them to block out the negative reviews.

dancingnancie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dancingnancie

I fell for these last year. They broke after a few days and I had to navigate the nightmare that is Motorola "customer service". The replacements work, but I wouldn't buy them again. They're uncomfortable and have little standby time.

orangello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orangello

I bought these last time i saw them on Woot. I am a larger person, 6'1"~ & over 200 pounds; they were Uncomfortably TINY. One of the speakers sounded distorted at the limited maximum volume.

On the plus side, my mom's dog LOVES them as a chew toy. I considered trying to broadcast cat sounds from them as the dog chewed. Good riddance.

Didn't try the warranty; not worth my time for $20 or $25 headphones.

waldz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waldz

They initially hurt my ears alot on my fairly large head. I stretched them out on a regular basis and they after a few days they were perfect.

Audio quality is not bad at all, and if you're using these as exercise phones, you shouldn't be looking for crystal clear audiophile quality, especially from wireless buds at $25.

STrRedWolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages STrRedWolf

I have these, and in Baltimore. Works nicely than the old Moto HT820's on the Light Rail.

dale380

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dale380

I have these and I have one major complaint about them. If you try to use them to watch videos on your phone/tablet, there is a half second delay in the transmission. So you see something happen before you hear it. Very annoying.

sleebusjones

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sleebusjones

Unbelieveably uncomfortable. Unless you have a head like Schlitzie the pinhead they probably won't fit you.

lodpenguin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lodpenguin

these things where made for toddlers !!!! if you r head is bigger than a 5 year old they wont fit comfortably .

mastermikee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mastermikee

If I might just add a little something...

I had a similar experience with the quality (after 10 hours of trying to get them paired, which I eventually did; bluetooth driver problems) When you go to the "services" section of the devices properties located in /control panel/devices and printers/bluetooth devices...right click on your motorola, properties, services. Now, there are a variety of services offered. "Headset" gave me crappy audio like you described. But when I switched to "Audio Sink" I got crystal clear audio from my PC. Hope this helps

-Mike

omoomo wrote:Bought these during last go round as many other did.

Cannot recommend them for the following reasons:

1) Uncomfortable wearing positions. I've tried wearing them every which way I can imagine with every combo of ear plug and they just aren't comfortable. Cannot wear them at all with glasses or sunglasses either.

2) Audio Quality. I realize that with BT...it's not going to be great, but I would describe it as "lousy and temperamental". If you bump the headphones at all...the sound "skips" and the volume seems to change w/o cause.

3) Charge duration. Very inconsistent charge duration...sometimes seems to last for weeks...sometimes doesn't make it through a 5 hour flight.

4) Hard to use. Doesn't pair with iPhone every time. Have to reset it often.

The price is nice, but I've shelved mine and I'm back to wired versions...experiment over.

mastermikee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mastermikee

I recommend them, with my pros and cons listed below:

Pros;
1. Wireless (obvious, right?)
2. Loud (especially when paired w/phone)
3. Mic & Stereo
4. Battery life
5. Headset buttons (play, pause, skip, volume, etc.)

Cons;
1. Earbuds are a bit large (or maybe I have small ears, I don't know)
2. Difficult to pair with PC (at least in my case. It is nigh impossible unless you are computer savvy and know how to do advanced driver updates)

Clearly the pros outweigh the cons. Have a nice day

-Mike

readydave

quality posts: 1 Private Messages readydave

In case these ever come back... I bought mine 03/2013 and they lasted until 05/2014. Not a ton of use out of them, maybe three hours a week. Oh well, were decent while they lasted.