dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Hello?

Is there anybody in there?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:Hi.

In for the evening?

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:In for the evening?

I don't know.

Is she?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I'm here probably for the night. Got lots of proofing to do. Also have 14 people coming for dinner tomorrow for #1 son's birthday. Also, contractor's currently here fixing a crack, some loose siding and some minor things. He said he'd be back after a year to see if anything's wrong. So he scraped earlier, mudded earlier, sanded a short time ago, and is now painting. Hope we have enough paint left and hope he can feather it in so it doesn't show.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman

Guess I'll call it a night, then.

See ya tomorrow, I reckon.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Guess I'll call it a night, then.

See ya tomorrow, I reckon.

He wants to know if I'm here, then he leaves without saying anything.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:He wants to know if I'm here, then he leaves without saying anything.

I guess you weren't here enough for him.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Woke up with a walking migraine (miserable, but not completely debilitating). Decided to go to the Home Show. It was super small and really disappointing. We didn't go last year because we were visiting my parents, but it has been getting smaller every year. Talked to some great and interesting local businesses, but almost no one there was selling stuff for any of the projects I want to do this year. Don't want a pond, can't have a fence, no point in putting solar panels on since we are talking about moving, etc... No basic hardware stores came, no bathroom re-modelers (usually are some). So it was a waste of time. Noticed a centaur sculpture driving on to campus and had more fun going over and checking it out.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Woke up with a walking migraine (miserable, but not completely debilitating). Decided to go to the Home Show. It was super small and really disappointing. We didn't go last year because we were visiting my parents, but it has been getting smaller every year. Talked to some great and interesting local businesses, but almost no one there was selling stuff for any of the projects I want to do this year. Don't want a pond, can't have a fence, no point in putting solar panels on since we are talking about moving, etc... No basic hardware stores came, no bathroom re-modelers (usually are some). So it was a waste of time. Noticed a centaur sculpture driving on to campus and had more fun going over and checking it out.

I like outdoor sculptures.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:I like outdoor sculptures.

I do too. The university where Orc works has sculpture scattered across campus. I've seen many of them, for some reason I forgot about this one, the kids had never seen it. I vaguely remember parts of it, but definitely not all of it. I should upload the pictures from my phone. It's one of those puzzling lots of symbols pieces.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:I do too. The university where Orc works has sculpture scattered across campus. I've seen many of them, for some reason I forgot about this one, the kids had never seen it. I vaguely remember parts of it, but definitely not all of it. I should upload the pictures from my phone. It's one of those puzzling lots of symbols pieces.

Only problem is they are sometimes located in a field of grass and goose poop.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:Only problem is they are sometimes located in a field of grass and goose poop.

Too early for geese here.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Too early for geese here.

We have geese year round. Hundreds of them. Thousands of them. Millions of them. Why on earth are they still on the endangered species list?

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
pooflady wrote:We have geese year round. Hundreds of them. Thousands of them. Millions of them. Why on earth are they still on the endangered species list?

Maybe just the ones that actually bother migrating are endangered? The rest of them are all "forget that, it's the 21st century!"

Heading to bed; haven't even watched basketball today (but listened in the car to a lot). Went to a memorial service this evening for an old friend (well, he wasn't that old himself; only 66). It was nice seeing many familiar faces but, as always, I wish it was under happier circumstances.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

KtCallista

I was going to correct this about geese, but I'm too distracted by science fair cramming and the migraine.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman

Mornin', I'back; folks.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Snow for the next three days in the mountains. More rain at the beach. Good grief! Not unusual but scheesh. Going to early church.
Edit: non scientific observation about Mallard Ducks. If I try to feed them wearing a very bright pink rain coat they fly away from me. If I wear dark clothes they will eat out of my hand! Who knew they could detect color? Evidently hot pink isn't their favorite color!

pooflady

Snowing hard.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

joyner wrote:Good morning everybody! Snow for the next three days in the mountains. More rain at the beach. Good grief! Not unusual but scheesh. Going to early church.
Edit: non scientific observation about Mallard Ducks. If I try to feed them wearing a very bright pink rain coat they fly away from me. If I wear dark clothes they will eat out of my hand! Who knew they could detect color? Evidently hot pink isn't their favorite color!

The geese are beginning to know my car again.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:We have geese year round. Hundreds of them. Thousands of them. Millions of them. Why on earth are they still on the endangered species list?

They have known for years that they don't migrate anymore. They spend all year here.

If they didn't leave such a huge mess, they would be fine. Pretty, nice, look good when they fly. But wall to wall poop

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Cold, but beautiful, clear, blue skies here.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

am I the only one who thinks naming winter storms is just a bit over the top? geezum....

looks like some of youse is gonna git some more of this spring loveliness....supposed to stay south of us. stay safe everyone.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:am I the only one who thinks naming winter storms is just a bit over the top? geezum....

looks like some of youse is gonna git some more of this spring loveliness....supposed to stay south of us. stay safe everyone.

It is such a waste. It will snow and then melt in a day or two. Why bother?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Rusty wants out.
Rusty wants in.
Out.
In.
Ride in car.
Take a walk.
Go out.

Spring is hell.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Lynnzoi wrote:am I the only one who thinks naming winter storms is just a bit over the top? geezum....

The National Weather Service just arbitrarily decided to do that. Ridiculous. Just like we have alerts when there's a thunderstorm. For heaven's sake. Pretty soon there'll be alerts because it's going to rain.

pooflady

The snow this morning amounted to nothing. Then we had some sleet. Then some rain. Currently nothing but they say we're supposed to get accumulation overnight.

AZGman

Evenin', folks.

AZGman

G'night.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

I put a post on facebook looking for input from parents of 10th-12th graders, if anyone is interested.

Still single, can't imagine why.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:I put a post on facebook looking for input from parents of 10th-12th graders, if anyone is interested.

Don't think there are any here.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Hi. Company just left. The roast husband did on the spit tasted great, but was tough. That was a sirloin tip. I think the next step up is about $12 a pound and I really can't do that for 14 people. I had eight pounds and there was maybe a half pound left tonight.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Hi. Company just left. The roast husband did on the spit tasted great, but was tough. That was a sirloin tip. I think the next step up is about $12 a pound and I really can't do that for 14 people. I had eight pounds and there was maybe a half pound left tonight.

Couldn't have been that bad if they ate it all!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Couldn't have been that bad if they ate it all!

There was a lot of gristle in it.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:There was a lot of gristle in it.

Better luck next meal.

Where you going for Easter?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Better luck next meal.

Where you going for Easter?

Son and daughter-in-law's. 39 of us.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Son and daughter-in-law's. 39 of us.

That is a lot of people.

Are you doing the eggs this year?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:That is a lot of people.

Are you doing the eggs this year?

Yep, 10 dozen. Will hard boil them Thursday and we'll color Friday.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Yep, 10 dozen. Will hard boil them Thursday and we'll color Friday.

I would hate to smell your house! Boiled eggs stink!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:I would hate to smell your house! Boiled eggs stink!

It's worth it.