4%
5%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975

sweeeeet. I missed the last couple hundred.

I always did like yardsales.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3297 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Some not so happy customers at bestbuy.com on the 46" (46LA45RQ).

aphexenator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aphexenator

Too bad the 32" model only has 8ms response time

luke975

conanthelibrarian wrote:Some not so happy customers at bestbuy.com on the 46" (46LA45RQ).

yeah 1 out of 3 wouldn't recommend

jjessop

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jjessop

For a few bucks more you can get a 120hz LED name brand on sale at any major retailer.

criticalcritic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages criticalcritic

60Hz? I can't stand the motion ghosting that occurs with these low frame rate LCDs. That 46" model would need to be $100 cheaper to make this a deal even worth considering. Though I still wouldn't even buy it at that price.

kamnet

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kamnet

No ClearQAM? No buys.

(Note: I'm not being snarky. I get very poor TV antenna reception in my area, and I'm not spending another $65/mo on cable TV channels that I never have time to watch. Basic ClearQAM comes free with my cable Internet service. My last Woot-bought TV deal, the now-famous MicroCenter $200 LG TV mixup, just died on me, so I need a new one).

comstock1869

quality posts: 1 Private Messages comstock1869

RCA TVs should be half the price they are on WOOT and if they lasted 3 months then it would not be the end of the world. These TVs are just horrible. Run away from this one. Don't worry, WOOT will have other less crummy TVs for you in a day or 3...

ychia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ychia

Wow... expensive, obsolete, refurbished TVs? Maybe they'll drop the price by $100 at the last minute like they did with the Dell Streaks.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU

RCA third worst quality in last PCMag Reader's Survey (but at least it's not a Dynex)
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2412615,00.asp

For record, prices are $199.99, $249.99, and $349.99

RCA's FAQ's
http://tv.rca.com/support/faqs.asp

Info page for 32"
http://tv.rca.com/support/ManualDownloads.asp?Indexnum=605
had 2 manuals (not just those, though), I picked the older one
http://intra.oncorpus.com/UM%2026LB33RQ%2032LB30RQ%2032LB45RQ%20(2012).pdf

same from the 39" info page
http://tv.rca.com/support/ManualDownloads.asp?Indexnum=590
picking the older manual
http://intra.oncorpus.com/UM%2039LB45RQ%2042LB45RQ%20(2012).pdf

and the 46" page
http://tv.rca.com/support/ManualDownloads.asp?Indexnum=547
I picked the 2012 model over the 2011 model
http://intra.oncorpus.com/UM%2046LA45RQ-60HZ%20(2012).pdf

Hope I'm right.

fit410s

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fit410s
kamnet wrote:, just died on me, so I need a new one).

Im sorry for your loss. I'm glad you're thinking of adopting

Tarantino

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Tarantino

Had an RCA, wont have another one. It died during the warranty, then died again a few days after the warranty expired. Pass.

Tarantino

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Tarantino
whatsamattaU wrote:RCA third worst quality in last PCMag Reader's Survey (but at least it's not a Dynex)

I'm disappointed that the Philips & Magnavox are that low. I've had only Philips-Magnavox for the last 15-20 years and haven't ever had a problem with them.

catgrrl

quality posts: 8 Private Messages catgrrl

Back away from these TVs. Now, run! Go far, far away. I got one of these the last time they were up. Huge pain in the ass.

The thing was completely haywire; it did all kinds of weird stuff. No picture, channels flipping around at random, stuff like that. When I called the support number listed on the paperwork, that company was some third-party BS outfit who said they don't have anything to do with the refurbs. Woot refunded me because they didn't have another one to send me, but it was still a hassle to pack it all up to reship.

Note that there's no Square Trade listed for this sale.

casyeu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages casyeu

I like it. Considering to buy ...

nanaejt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt

I'm so old I remember when RCA was a great brand !

mc5no4stp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mc5no4stp

Well, Kevin Smith thinks your TV deal sucks. Seriously, other than Jersey Girl, his movies are awesome.

luke975

nanaejt wrote:I'm so old I remember when RCA was a great brand !

yeah what happened? it's a brand thats been around forever.

and people on here complain about vizio, but they're near the top

luke975

catgrrl wrote:Back away from these TVs. Now, run! Go far, far away. I got one of these the last time they were up. Huge pain in the ass.

The thing was completely haywire; it did all kinds of weird stuff. No picture, channels flipping around at random, stuff like that. When I called the support number listed on the paperwork, that company was some third-party BS outfit who said they don't have anything to do with the refurbs. Woot refunded me because they didn't have another one to send me, but it was still a hassle to pack it all up to reship.

Note that there's no Square Trade listed for this sale.

sorry about your experiences. but does a square trade deal have to be offered? or can you just buy it through them?

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422
luke975 wrote:yeah what happened? it's a brand thats been around forever.

and people on here complain about vizio, but they're near the top

RCA sold out in the 1980s to Thompson Consumer Products. The RCA name remained but the quality quickly went down hill. Thompson sent bids to Asian electronic companies for the cheapest price to meet their requirements.
I don't know if Thompson is still the parent company but Radio Corporation of America was a well respected and quality company when their products were manufactured here.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

Tsonomi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tsonomi
kamnet wrote:No ClearQAM? No buys.

(Note: I'm not being snarky. I get very poor TV antenna reception in my area, and I'm not spending another $65/mo on cable TV channels that I never have time to watch. Basic ClearQAM comes free with my cable Internet service. My last Woot-bought TV deal, the now-famous MicroCenter $200 LG TV mixup, just died on me, so I need a new one).

=====

Yeah, My Great Woot TV Buy died right at the end of the warranty and Woot didn't honor the warranty. I bit the bullet at that one but a tv should last longer than 90 days folks. I'm looking to but I'm gonna be particularly picky now.

jjguinness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjguinness

I've read reviews from other websites and in general this TV gets great reviews. Most people like the picture quality and really like the price. Like most bargain electronics there are always going to be a few bad apples in the bunch. If you want to spend more you can avoid this. My biggest concern is how long the TV will last. Personally I'm encouraged that it's a refurb because the imperfiections should have been corrected. For $200 I'll gamble even if RCA is no longer the company it once was and reportedly is made in N Korea.

JR

kenmaze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kenmaze
Ringo4422 wrote:RCA sold out in the 1980s to Thompson Consumer Products. The RCA name remained but the quality quickly went down hill. Thompson sent bids to Asian electronic companies for the cheapest price to meet their requirements.
I don't know if Thompson is still the parent company but Radio Corporation of America was a well respected and quality company when their products were manufactured here.

Throughout the 90s the company brands (RCA, GE, ProScan) were exploited and abused, until they finally went down the toilet. You couldn't find an RCA TV anywhere but in a back corner at Fry's by the time it was over.

They were bought by Chinese company TCL in the mid-2000s, and 99% of the stuff sold is either from China or OEMed from some other even worse company. Any US engineering is long gone.

I worked at RCA/GE/Thomson for a long time, and watching the slow swirl happen was pathetic and painful.

whoppy24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whoppy24
luke975 wrote:sorry about your experiences. but does a square trade deal have to be offered? or can you just buy it through them?

No it doesn't have to be offered, anyone can just go to squaretrade.com and buy an extended warranty as long as it's bought soon after the original purchase. I don't know the exact timeframe to purchase but I would check out their website for any questions.

badcatstl

quality posts: 6 Private Messages badcatstl

I got one of these for to put in a spare bedroom and had to return it because the cable input doesn't work. Powered on ok, make sure to check the inputs if you get one.

doslover

quality posts: 1 Private Messages doslover

No love for Kevin Smith = No buy.

...also because apparently they suck and I don't need one.

tbestor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tbestor

I got the 46" the last time it was offered. took 2 weeks to arrive, had to nag to get tracking (or even find out it shipped), arrived DOA (2 black lines and 10+ additional dead pixels), was pretty clearly just never refurbished (dead panel), RCA is no help on refurbs, took an additional 14+ days after shipping back for refund (lost track)..

Then found out that you can get a brand new one at Walmart/best buy for an extra $40 without 30 days of hassle & waiting.

I wish you all better results than I had (and hopefully you don't get mine).

rtwesterlund

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rtwesterlund
nanaejt wrote:I'm so old I remember when RCA was a great brand !

I don't know how old you are, but I'm 25 and I remember the RCA tube TV I grew up with. I'm almost positive it was older than me. My brother and I took it when we got an apartment together, and only replaced it (maybe 2 years ago) because a speaker blew and the screen size didn't cooperate with the Xbox's formatting. Other than that, perfect working order. They really did used to be a good brand.

I have to agree with the majority of the other comments, though: stay away. I work for an electronics retailer, and ship TVs out for repairs twice a week, and a LOT of RCAs come through. Same with Westinghouse. Avoid those two brands.

JimSpock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JimSpock

Don't get it. I purchased the 46" last time it was on here and it came with dead pixels, no screws for the base, and it rattles.

Spend a little more for a better brand

illumynite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illumynite

Has anyone got their TV or, at the very least, tracking info?

neoookami

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neoookami
illumynite wrote:Has anyone got their TV or, at the very least, tracking info?

Not I. I think this is the longest I've gone waiting for that from woot too.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

neoookami wrote:Not I. I think this is the longest I've gone waiting for that from woot too.

i'd suggest you both email Support@Woot.com about this. i'll notify folks from my end as well.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

neoookami

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neoookami
PemberDucky wrote:i'd suggest you both email Support@Woot.com about this. i'll notify folks from my end as well.

I got an email back from support this morning actually. Late getting tracking info, but it shipped yesterday. So all quite cool.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

neoookami wrote:I got an email back from support this morning actually. Late getting tracking info, but it shipped yesterday. So all quite cool.

ah, excellent. stopped in here to tell you that you'd probably be getting your tracking info later today. beat to it, happily!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

longx223

quality posts: 0 Private Messages longx223

39 inch was DOA for me.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

longx223 wrote:39 inch was DOA for me.

I'm so sorry for that. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders