WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Bag a Powerbag Charging Bag

Let's be for real here, people. If you're the kind of person who routiney forgets to charge your iPhone, Droid, iPad, or whatever, you're probably going to forget to charge your Powerbag sometimes, too. But at least it will weave a major piece into your device-charging safety net. And with a scatterbrain like yours, that's all you can ask.
Powerbag official site

calvorn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages calvorn

Just got mine. Pretty ugly bag. I thought maybe I could remove the charger and use it solo but it's stuck in there good. No Lightning connector for iPhone 5, only mini USB and the old style Apple connector. I will probably give it to some geek for his/her birthday.

hartjo1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hartjo1

I've had one for about a year. I liked it quite a bit at first and it was a life saver on the road. But then the iPhone cable stopped charging the phone. No matter. The mini USB still kept my headset charged, and I could plug directly into the USB port for my phone. Now only the main port on the battery pack itself works.

On top of that, the shoulder strap has separated from the backpack and the main body is pulling away from the supports in other locations as well. I would not buy again. FYI.

west3man

quality posts: 6 Private Messages west3man
calvorn wrote:Just got mine. Pretty ugly bag. I thought maybe I could remove the charger and use it solo but it's stuck in there good. No Lightning connector for iPhone 5, only mini USB and the old style Apple connector. I will probably give it to some geek for his/her birthday.

Just got mine. There is a USB port on the charger. It's silty obscured by the bag material. That's what is suggested for use with the lightning port devices.

My iPad is plugged in at this very moment, as it drained down to 7% and I'm not quite done with it, yet.

hildynyc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hildynyc

Grrr... missed it!

mrbarister

quality posts: 29 Private Messages mrbarister

Don't worry, I'm sure it will be back. I just received the 2 messengers that I ordered. For as large as they are, I thought they would hold more. I have one of those super slim ultra books half an inch thick. It held that, a textbook, and a notebook. As many have complained, the pockets are ridiculously small, and only one of them, on the outside, was large enough to hold my mini stapler. The battery charger, while convenient, is only 3000 mAH, which isn't powerful enough to fully charge the extended battery on my cell phone (4200). One final complaint, is that it is difficult to clip it closed, as part of the clip recedes into it's sheath. I'm sure I will use it, and just learn not to carry so much stuff at once. I just wish, I'd only bought one.

terrikoonce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terrikoonce

I almost got this for my son for a graduation present - he's going from getting his BS to his MA and will be spending most of his time at college, so I thought this would be handy. But after reading the comments, I think that if they reduce the cost down to $15 I might consider it. At that price I can get him 3 and when one wears out/goes bad he can throw it out and move on to the next one. Until then, I'll pass.

aderyn9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aderyn9

They are fairly ugly, aren't they? And didn't tech!woot just recently have a sale on travel chargers? For $50 you could get a travel charger and a better quality bag, and just tuck the charger in one of the pockets.

davidsun612

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidsun612

poor quality.i bought one on last sale.but can;t charge anything.the battery didn;t work.
i called the manufacturer.they told me i can get a replacement but had to pay for the shipping fee.

woocls

quality posts: 2 Private Messages woocls
davidsun612 wrote:poor quality.i bought one on last sale.but can;t charge anything.the battery didn;t work.
i called the manufacturer.they told me i can get a replacement but had to pay for the shipping fee.

you are aware you have to press the power button after you plug in your device or it won't try to charge it?

silimike

quality posts: 2 Private Messages silimike

Wife got me the red one. God it's ugly, but it fits my 15 inch dell laptop and my iPad. Wont charge my iPad 4, but I can't expect that... but it will charge the iphone, my bluetooth headphones, ect. She got the black one, and it fits her bulkier laptop without a problem. It's nice for trips. Worth the woot price.