WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

K3 Charges All The Devices

Mobile devices? PRO: they do a lot of things. CON: they need a lot of power. PRO: they go anywhere. CON: there isn't electricity everywhere. PRO: these K3 chargers can also go anywhere. CON: some people will now charge their phones at the movies. PRO: so? I do that. CON: I knew there was a reason I never liked you.
K3 official site

group4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages group4

These chargers are great! When I ride my sport bike I charge my phone, GPS, and helmet blue tooth device while I'm riding. Charges at the speed of a wall outlet but fits in my pocket. The Flash has a LED light when needed.. Great price.

pythos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pythos

The thing to remember about these chargers is that they will start to diminish in capacity over time just like any other battery.

caribbeangirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caribbeangirl

This was my valentines gift!! Charges phone,camera etc....also has flashlight on one end. Keep in my purse ALWAYS. Too bad he paid 30% more for it on samsclub.com

Maybe I should return the favor and get him one to use on the golf course.

cobaltgrl

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cobaltgrl

Apparently the list price is 10 dollars more than the Woot prices on Amazon, which is significantly lower than the prices shown - so not nearly as good a deal as shown.

thek3company

quality posts: 24 Private Messages thek3company
cobaltgrl wrote:Apparently the list price is 10 dollars more than the Woot prices on Amazon, which is significantly lower than the prices shown - so not nearly as good a deal as shown.

Quick note on the MSRP numbers reflected on the Manufacturer website are as follows: Flash 3000-$49.99 Uno' 4500 $59.99 and Due' 6600 $79.99

Great price on Woot with significant savings across the board. Without question...lowest price in the market by far. Product is HOT! Get one while you can. Thanks.

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
thek3company wrote:Quick note on the MSRP numbers reflected on the Manufacturer website are as follows: Flash 3000-$49.99 Uno' 4500 $59.99 and Due' 6600 $79.99

Great price on Woot with significant savings across the board. Without question...lowest price in the market by far. Product is HOT! Get one while you can. Thanks.

problem is, people rarely pay msrp. price is ultimately determined by the consumer.
oh and gold plated audio cables are available for half the price on amazon.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

luke975

seems like alot of people joined woot not to buy anything, just to comment on the chargers. they must be some really good chargers.

or the posters just work for the company.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

scotttampa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scotttampa
luke975 wrote:seems like alot of people joined woot not to buy anything, just to comment on the chargers. they must be some really good chargers.

Well, YA, look at his handle... it is thek3company, so yes, he joined to post... lol

mcsoupman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mcsoupman
luke975 wrote:seems like alot of people joined woot not to buy anything, just to comment on the chargers. they must be some really good chargers.

Nice catch

luke975

scotttampa wrote:Well, YA, look at his handle... it is thek3company, so yes, he joined to post... lol

yeah i noticed him. was referring to the other people that joined yesterday.

thek3company

luke975 wrote:yeah i noticed him. was referring to the other people that joined yesterday.

Hi guys, I thought I might help clarify here. Woot requests all manufacturers to log in and answer questions and product inquiries on this site. It is a courtesy and assists the customer base with detailed information on product specifications, features, and benefits. If you notice, we do not purchase under the company email. We only answer questions and post/reply to customer inquiries and product questions. I am sure this is the same for all manufacturers, distributors and suppliers. It is a great idea! Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thank you.

luke975

thek3company wrote:Hi guys, I thought I might help clarify here. Woot requests all manufacturers to log in and answer questions and product inquiries on this site. It is a courtesy and assists the customer base with detailed information on product specifications, features, and benefits. If you notice, we do not purchase under the company email. We only answer questions and post/reply to customer inquiries and product questions. I am sure this is the same for all manufacturers, distributors and suppliers. It is a great idea! Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thank you.

I think it's a great idea that woot has company reps join the forums. they can answer questions woot staff probably couldn't.
And I didn't notice that you didn't buy anything because I didn't look at your profile at all. My comment was for the other 2 posters that joined sunday just to post, yet didnt't purchase anything. that seemed odd, and kind of made me think their reviews weren't genuine.

there are other company reps on woot pretty often, some a couple times a month. and none of them to my knowledge has tried to tell customers how great the product is or quoted suggested retail prices. customers generally find out about a products quality and usefulness through reviews on external sites, or from each other, not from salespeople.

don't have one

quality posts: 0 Private Messages don't have one

Hmmm...shady.

I'm staying away

crackkitty

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crackkitty
scotttampa wrote:Well, YA, look at his handle... it is thek3company, so yes, he joined to post... lol

also, from the bottom of the K3 device page on woot where it says "About K3"
"A woman-owned company that makes mobile and portable electronic accessories? Go get you yours, girlfriends."

So it's likely that he, is a she?

Anyway, what I'm questioning more is that the main picture for the K3 deals on the tech.woot page clearly shows an iphone5. However in the specs for the chargers, I don't really see the lightning connector. If I have to buy another $20 30pin to lightning connector, all of a sudden, this deal isn't a deal.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

crackkitty wrote:also, from the bottom of the K3 device page on woot where it says "About K3"
"A woman-owned company that makes mobile and portable electronic accessories? Go get you yours, girlfriends."

So it's likely that he, is a she?

Anyway, what I'm questioning more is that the main picture for the K3 deals on the tech.woot page clearly shows an iphone5. However in the specs for the chargers, I don't really see the lightning connector. If I have to buy another $20 30pin to lightning connector, all of a sudden, this deal isn't a deal.

You can use your iPhone 5's existing lightning cable via the USB port.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

parrotice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages parrotice

These all (except the 6600) seem to have an output of only 5V. Dont I need more than that to recharge my iPad? When I use a 5V plug connected to my iPad cable, it doesnt charge. Do any of these work on my iPad? If I want this, am I forced to get the 6600?

ETA: Also, does this charge one device, then it's done? Again, the 6600 actually says it can charge two at once, but what about charging one device now, and another later (on the others, as well)?

Where's the crap?

fridayrs

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fridayrs
parrotice wrote:These all (except the 6600) seem to have an output of only 5V. Dont I need more than that to recharge my iPad? When I use a 5V plug connected to my iPad cable, it doesnt charge. Do any of these work on my iPad? If I want this, am I forced to get the 6600?

ETA: Also, does this charge one device, then it's done? Again, the 6600 actually says it can charge two at once, but what about charging one device now, and another later (on the others, as well)?

Your model of iPad is key to this discussion since specs are all over the map over the life of the iPad. The newer iPads want 2.1 amps to charge. As for battery life again if you have an iPad 3 or 4 they have a battery life of 11,666 mah. The iPad 2 has a 6944 mah battery (big difference!) The Dué has a 6600mah battery so with a new iPad 3/4 you will get a little over half a charge (roughly 56% new but this figure diminishes with time and use as all batteries do.) but with an IPad 2 this is more like 95% with the same caveats. This would charge an iPad mini completely once with a little left over.

If you have a newer iPad I would go for a larger unit than 6600 mah. Something more like this:
http://www.amazon.com/12000mAh-External-Portable-Universal-Blackberry/dp/B008YRG5JQ/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1362501524&sr=8-10&keywords=external+battery+charger

I do however think this would be good for phones especially during power outages but but not tablets in my opinion.

Hope this helps!

crackkitty

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crackkitty
ThunderThighs wrote:You can use your iPhone 5's existing lightning cable via the USB port.

haha... oops. ;-)

developerzero

quality posts: 9 Private Messages developerzero

I'm not sure if I missed something, but how do these charge? Is there a (mini-/micro-)USB port on it that isn't pictured or are there fold-out AC prongs?

fow2046

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fow2046

is there a thunderport attachment?

thek3company

developerzero wrote:I'm not sure if I missed something, but how do these charge? Is there a (mini-/micro-)USB port on it that isn't pictured or are there fold-out AC prongs?

Thank you for the product inquiry. All portable chargers come with a micro-USB charge cable. You simply can re-charge any of the portable charger units by plugging the micro into the charger and USB into either your computer USB slot or even a usb wall charger ( as comes with iphone products). Thank You

thek3company

parrotice wrote:These all (except the 6600) seem to have an output of only 5V. Dont I need more than that to recharge my iPad? When I use a 5V plug connected to my iPad cable, it doesnt charge. Do any of these work on my iPad? If I want this, am I forced to get the 6600?

Thank you for the product inquiry. Each of the portable chargers offer different levels of capacity (mAh) dependent on your needs. The capacity varies from 2200 mAh to 6600 mAh. Each charger has one USB port except the Due' 6600. The single ports charge at a 5V/1A rate just as wall charger while the Due has dual ports. One that charges at 5V/1A for smartphones, blue tooth, portable speakers, cameras and such while the secondary port offers 5V/2.1 for the power hungry tablets. Thus, offering the user to power two products at once. I hope this helps. Thank You

ManiacDan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ManiacDan

Anyone know if these portable chargers are compatible with the larger tablets like the Asus Transformer? I've bought 3 chargers for that damn thing and nothing but the factory one will work. The last one I bought actually came in the mail with a "NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ASUS TRANSFORMER" sticker hastily stuck on the front of the box.

ManiacDan

[[duplicate post, woot redirected me weird the first time]]

Skyholder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Skyholder
thek3company wrote:Hi guys, I thought I might help clarify here. Woot requests all manufacturers to log in and answer questions and product inquiries on this site. It is a courtesy and assists the customer base with detailed information on product specifications, features, and benefits. If you notice, we do not purchase under the company email. We only answer questions and post/reply to customer inquiries and product questions. I am sure this is the same for all manufacturers, distributors and suppliers. It is a great idea! Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thank you.

I just bought an iPhone 5. Will the usb/lightening cable work with your charger?
Thank you.

Disregard. I saw this addressed in an earlier post.

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness

How long will the flashlight hold charge for? I'm assuming it isn't something I can stick in my bag for a while and count on for emergencies without giving it a rejuicing every certain amount of time.

EDIT: Nevermind I just saw "Battery safe technology retains 95 percent charge up to 30 days" Haha.

Does it have a battery level indicator?

kimdizzle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimdizzle

I got mine...and it didn't come with the micro-usb cable. What do I do?

ManiacDan

ManiacDan wrote:Anyone know if these portable chargers are compatible with the larger tablets like the Asus Transformer? I've bought 3 chargers for that damn thing and nothing but the factory one will work. The last one I bought actually came in the mail with a "NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ASUS TRANSFORMER" sticker hastily stuck on the front of the box.

It is NOT compatible with the asus transformer pad infinity, in case anyone cares.