3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

In 99.9% of uses, this doesn't: bury itself under your skin and plant a egg pouch full of nanoNanos.

Ohhh..then I hope I get the .1%

I'd love an egg pouch of nanoNanos!!!

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3643 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Tons of reviews (4.2 out of 5.0) over at Amazon

KidA0723

quality posts: 11 Private Messages KidA0723

Reburb current gen ipods already?

More Bunnies Ogling Carrots's please!

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

How much is 16GB of Music?

@128 kbps (unlistenable really)
12 days, 10 hours, 15 minutes, 41 seconds
(17895 minutes total)

@198 kbps (getting there)
8 days, 6 hours, 50 minutes, 27 seconds
(11930 minutes total)
265 albums (at an estimated 45 minutes per album)

@256 (Pretty good)
6 days, 5 hours, 7 minutes, 50 seconds
(8947 minutes total)
198 albums (at an estimated 45 minutes per album)

@320 (best MP3 bitrate)
4 days, 23 hours, 18 minutes, 16 seconds
(7158 minutes total)
159 albums (at an estimated 45 minutes per album)

Of course this is all at constant rate, you'll get better results if you got 320 VBR but it's impossible to predict how big a VBR song will be. needless to say you'll be getting more than 7158 minutes of music if you do a variable bit rate rip.

CowboyDann

KidA0723 wrote:Reburb current gen ipods already?

refurb could just be returned open stock items that they can't legally sell as new. Also, have you seen products made by apple? You really shouldn't be surprised

Axelwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Axelwoot

The 30-pin adapter from 30 pin to Lightning retails for $35 in Canada ($29 in USA).

A steal! Not a deal!

I understand that Apple is not allowing third party Lightning devices.

I have stopped buying Apple products due to the control freak fashion in which after-sales are handled.

Enough is enough!

color [color=red] color red and bold [/color]black and [color=blue] blue[/color]

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK

My first Woot purchases was a 4 GB Sansa MP3. I need a new one, but with more space (preferably more than 8 GB). However, I don't want to switch to Apple products, because then I'd have to buy all new accessories.

Otherwise, I'd be in for one.

Why don't we see non-apple MP3s anymore?

tonymontana444

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tonymontana444

Those are some wacky looking earbuds...

CatCK

CowboyDann wrote:How much is 16GB of Music?

@128 kbps (unlistenable really)
12 days, 10 hours, 15 minutes, 41 seconds
(17895 minutes total)

@198 kbps (getting there)
8 days, 6 hours, 50 minutes, 27 seconds
(11930 minutes total)
265 albums (at an estimated 45 minutes per album)

@256 (Pretty good)
6 days, 5 hours, 7 minutes, 50 seconds
(8947 minutes total)
198 albums (at an estimated 45 minutes per album)

@320 (best MP3 bitrate)
4 days, 23 hours, 18 minutes, 16 seconds
(7158 minutes total)
159 albums (at an estimated 45 minutes per album)

Of course this is all at constant rate, you'll get better results if you got 320 VBR but it's impossible to predict how big a VBR song will be. needless to say you'll be getting more than 7158 minutes of music if you do a variable bit rate rip.

I've read on more than one audiophile blog, that the difference between 198 and 256 is only noticable if you have top-of-the-line-stereo equipment. If that's true, I wouldn't consider any MP3 player to be in that category. What do you play your music on that you can hear the quality difference?

Magauthe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Magauthe

Is there any way to convert my wmv files to iTunes? I am new to the Apple area but now have an iPhone thing that I am trying to figure out. I would also like a new mp3 player as mine is an older Sansa refurb I got on Woot several years ago.

contradan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages contradan
Axelwoot wrote:The 30-pin adapter from 30 pin to Lightning retails for $35 in Canada ($29 in USA).

A steal! Not a deal!

I understand that Apple is not allowing third party Lightning devices.

I have stopped buying Apple products due to the control freak fashion in which after-sales are handled.

Enough is enough!

What's with all the anti-Apple propaganda lately? Apple sells a Belkin Lightning dock on their website. Is there some kind of Samsung backed information warfare conspiracy going on?

fdmarrin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fdmarrin
Magauthe wrote:Is there any way to convert my wmv files to iTunes? I am new to the Apple area but now have an iPhone thing that I am trying to figure out. I would also like a new mp3 player as mine is an older Sansa refurb I got on Woot several years ago.

Yes. When you open up itunes, you can get it to search your computer for music. Even your mp3's in Windows Media Player, then it will convert them to the apple format(AAC). iTunes 11 can currently read, write and convert between MP3, AIFF, WAV, MPEG-4, AAC and Apple Lossless (.m4a).

LorDarKnight

AdaDavis

quality posts: 2 Private Messages AdaDavis

I bought this one from Amazon at full price, even though I have resisted buying Apple players before. I have to say that I love it. The touch screen is nice, easy to use, and intuitive. And I mostly hate touch screens. I loaded a lot of music directly from CDs, and the nano organized them by album, artist, etc. without a hitch, unlike my older Sansa. I use the radio, but haven't used the fitness or podcast stuff yet. I don't like earbuds in general, so I bought a couple of small speakers. My only real complaint is that the nano doesn't fit the speaker dock I use with the Sansa, and I refuse to pay the ridiculous price for the Apple converter.

Added: If you shake the nono7, you get a "shuffle" of tracks, which might be a problem while jogging! I have only used it walking and doing work around the house, so never had a problem.

If you are looking for a nano7, this is the cheapest I have seen it anywhere.

bro3of4

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bro3of4
AdaDavis wrote:I bought this one from Amazon at full price, even though I have resisted buying Apple players before. I have to say that I love it. The touch screen is nice, easy to use, and intuitive. And I mostly hate touch screens. I loaded a lot of music directly from CDs, and the nano organized them by album, artist, etc. without a hitch, unlike my older Sansa. I use the radio, but haven't used the fitness or podcast stuff yet. I don't like earbuds in general, so I bought a couple of small speakers. My only real complaint is that the nano doesn't fit the speaker dock I use with the Sansa, and I refuse to pay the ridiculous price for the Apple converter.

If you are looking for a nano7, this is the cheapest I have seen it anywhere.

It is a good thing that the Nano doesn't fit the Sansa speaker dock. The ports fit on some Apple an Sansas, but they are not electrically compatible.
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24427
You would probably fry your iPod.

Nothing to see here. Move along. Move along.

Tsonomi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tsonomi
Magauthe wrote:Is there any way to convert my wmv files to iTunes? I am new to the Apple area but now have an iPhone thing that I am trying to figure out. I would also like a new mp3 player as mine is an older Sansa refurb I got on Woot several years ago.

=====

WMV is the file used on the actual CD's. Keeping this standard gives you the sound quality of a CD. When MP3's are crunched for storage, they take 6 bits out of 10 which alters the sound. MiniDiscs were 4 out of 10 so they sound better then MP3's.
Don't full around with altered music. Get a player that can play WMV real music.
4GB of music is huge 8 is unbeleivabel and 16GB is mind blowing. If you can search and play, the access to albums is incredible. If no search, get the 4GB and record your music as to types you like. any way you go, this is a great new method for music storage.
Yeah, I'm not big on Apple either.

turner02

quality posts: 0 Private Messages turner02

the price is still way to high. for a refurb, it should be 90 bucks.

arehrauer06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arehrauer06

Is this Apple recertified or just refurbished through Woot? I trust respiffied Apple but I've never bought respiffied Woot... anyone care to sway me one way or the other on buying this here vs. sucking up the extra $20 and buying new from Apple? It's not available respiffied through Apple's website yet.

Magauthe

fdmarrin wrote:Yes. When you open up itunes, you can get it to search your computer for music. Even your mp3's in Windows Media Player, then it will convert them to the apple format(AAC). iTunes 11 can currently read, write and convert between MP3, AIFF, WAV, MPEG-4, AAC and Apple Lossless (.m4a).

Thanks!

AdaDavis

bro3of4 wrote:It is a good thing that the Nano doesn't fit the Sansa speaker dock. The ports fit on some Apple an Sansas, but they are not electrically compatible.

Yikes! Good to know!

The nano7 uses the same type of USB cable (though NOT interchangeable) as the Kindle, which makes it easy to charge. It's Bluetooth enabled, which was a selling point for me, since I dislike Apple's You-must-buy-our-overpriced-proprietary-peripherals Policy. (try saying that fast.)

katibrook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katibrook

Not that great of a deal. Walmart has new ones for 124.99

tele130

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tele130

So other than a lot of Apple bashing, no one has any personal user info on this? Yes, I'm an Apple user: iPods, iPhones, & MacBook Pro's. I guess the loyalty still lies with "IBM". Anyhow, this seems to be a good competive price. The only issues I've ever had with iPods are the large 160Gig units while riding my motorcycle. They still have a spinning hard drive..........they don't react real well to getting bumper around :-). If I wasn't iPod poor, I'd be all over this deal!

volta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages volta
katibrook wrote:Not that great of a deal. Walmart has new ones for 124.99

Link? I see refurbs for $124.99 or new for $139.

isilveus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages isilveus
CatCK wrote:My first Woot purchases was a 4 GB Sansa MP3. I need a new one, but with more space (preferably more than 8 GB). However, I don't want to switch to Apple products, because then I'd have to buy all new accessories.

Otherwise, I'd be in for one.

Why don't we see non-apple MP3s anymore?

Well, my little friend, you are in luck. Did you see the Sansa Clip+s (4GB but with microSD slot) for $19.99 in the Community Sourced Deals? I ordered two just because if I don't order two every time I see them, bad things might happen to my karma. Mine arrived day before yesterday, so they're probably still around to order. Personally, I'm too lazy to go look, but you might want to.

sidb1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sidb1
Tsonomi wrote:=====

WMV is the file used on the actual CD's. Keeping this standard gives you the sound quality of a CD. When MP3's are crunched for storage, they take 6 bits out of 10 which alters the sound. MiniDiscs were 4 out of 10 so they sound better then MP3's.
Don't full around with altered music. Get a player that can play WMV real music.
4GB of music is huge 8 is unbeleivabel and 16GB is mind blowing. If you can search and play, the access to albums is incredible. If no search, get the 4GB and record your music as to types you like. any way you go, this is a great new method for music storage.
Yeah, I'm not big on Apple either.

Um, no. WAV is the standard format. WMV is "Windows Media Video" devised by Microsoft as a streaming protocol.

bowlingb

quality posts: 21 Private Messages bowlingb
fdmarrin wrote:Yes. When you open up itunes, you can get it to search your computer for music. Even your mp3's in Windows Media Player, then it will convert them to the apple format(AAC). iTunes 11 can currently read, write and convert between MP3, AIFF, WAV, MPEG-4, AAC and Apple Lossless (.m4a).

WMV is a video format so I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing here. Assuming we are talking audio formats then it would be WMA. iTunes for windows can import unprotected WMA files. For Mac you will need to transcode them to mp3 first.

bowlingb

quality posts: 21 Private Messages bowlingb
sidb1 wrote:Um, no. WAV is the standard format. WMV is "Windows Media Video" devised by Microsoft as a streaming protocol.

Um, no. CD-DA is the standard format for a CD.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_Disc_Digital_Audio

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAV

Audio CDs

Audio CDs do not use WAV as their sound format, using instead Red Book audio. The commonality is that both audio CDs and WAV files have the audio data encoded in PCM. WAV is a data file format for a computer to use that cannot be understood by CD players directly. To record WAV files to an Audio CD the file headers must be stripped and the remaining PCM data written directly to the disc as individual tracks with zero-padding added to match the CD's sector size. In order for a WAV file to be able to be burned to a CD with most burners it should be in the 44100 Hz, 16-bit stereo format.

skispeakeasy

quality posts: 35 Private Messages skispeakeasy
CowboyDann wrote:refurb could just be returned open stock items that they can't legally sell as new. Also, have you seen products made by apple? You really shouldn't be surprised

iPhone is a whole different animal. I've used my 3rd gen Nano for over 6 years and it's still as nice as the day I got it. Even the battery life is still good.

CowboyDann

CatCK wrote:I've read on more than one audiophile blog, that the difference between 198 and 256 is only noticable if you have top-of-the-line-stereo equipment. If that's true, I wouldn't consider any MP3 player to be in that category. What do you play your music on that you can hear the quality difference?

I rip a lot of stuff to 320 VBR when making CD's for my car, The stuff on my computer is FLAC just so (in theory) it will survive every hard drive transfer to the day I die.

Sound card
Headphone Amp
current headphones

I'll admit it's all very entry level, I wont even get into my turntable and speakers because those aren't even worth anything. with each upgrade I did notice better and better sound, and I hate how picky it has made me. V2 (190 i believe) and on an Ipod it might be difficult to notice the difference. I'd be interested in trying someday. Especially with the headphones that come with this, I mean they're decent but they're not amazing. I'd even be willing to say I'd probably fail a test with just an ipod and v2-v0 side by side.

Once you start noticing the differences though it bugs you

press25

quality posts: 1 Private Messages press25

Do I still have to use itunes?

eclectus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eclectus
contradan wrote:What's with all the anti-Apple propaganda lately? Apple sells a Belkin Lightning dock on their website. Is there some kind of Samsung backed information warfare conspiracy going on?

Let me guess; you're in your 20s and make more than $50K/yr, living at home or with roommates so the cost of all new $20+/each accessories doesn't represent much of a problem. I'm not, I don't, and it is. BTW, I'm very fond of Apple products right up to - but not including - the latest greedy stupidity.

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom

I choose to use mp3, not aac, in iTunes and on my iPod because it is a standard supported by more devices.

More and more third party devices support aac, but I want to be able to play anything through my receiver over the network, or in my car from a USB drive, for example, without having to worry about format. Everything supports mp3.

So I would convert the WMA files to mp3, not aac.

fjp999

quality posts: 15 Private Messages fjp999

idk

rather have an iPod Touch.

Apple has 4th gen refurbs on their site constantly (with same as new warranty)!

8G $149
32G $209
64G $279

... and you get a whole lot more computer for your dollar! Steve Jobs said something like "The no-contract iPhone".

The previous version of iPod Nano, the square one that you can actually wear as a watch with strap - has been showing up and selling out immediately!

*just noticed that this is a 90 Day Woot Limited Warranty - which probably means that not an official Apple refurb! In that case I would most def spring for the SquareTrade Extended Warranty!!!

fjp999

quality posts: 15 Private Messages fjp999
press25 wrote:Do I still have to use itunes?

Yes, but there might be some sort of app out there to use get away from itunes... I dont much like itunes and with Apple changing it every three months makes it even worse... so I am guessing there must be an iTunes alternative out there...

cyclefreak

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cyclefreak
fjp999 wrote:Yes, but there might be some sort of app out there to use get away from itunes... I dont much like itunes and with Apple changing it every three months makes it even worse... so I am guessing there must be an iTunes alternative out there...

I use Winamp to manage music on 2 1st-gen iPod nanos and 1 3rd-gen Nano. Works great and I don't have to install bloatastic iTunes.
Can't say for sure about the latest-gen iGagdets, but the folks at Nullsoft are usually on top of things.

PS: Yes, I still have 1st-gen Nanos that I use almost every day. Bought in 2005, still working. Click-wheel and all. Batteries don't last as long as they used to, but they play music just fine.

JosephPalreiro

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JosephPalreiro
AdaDavis wrote:

Added: If you shake the nono7, you get a "shuffle" of tracks, which might be a problem while jogging! I have only used it walking and doing work around the house, so never had a problem.

Youuuuuuu can totally turn that off.

Magauthe

So I'm still on the fence. How easy is it to go from a Sansa to the Ipod. Sansa is easy to drag and drop from Windows Media Player. Is Apple stuff that easy (from Itunes)? I don't really care about how great it sounds I just need something bigger than the 8 gb I have now.

CatCK

isilveus wrote:Well, my little friend, you are in luck. Did you see the Sansa Clip+s (4GB but with microSD slot) for $19.99 in the Community Sourced Deals? I ordered two just because if I don't order two every time I see them, bad things might happen to my karma. Mine arrived day before yesterday, so they're probably still around to order. Personally, I'm too lazy to go look, but you might want to.

Yay! Thanks.

AdaDavis

Magauthe wrote:So I'm still on the fence. How easy is it to go from a Sansa to the Ipod. Sansa is easy to drag and drop from Windows Media Player. Is Apple stuff that easy (from Itunes)? I don't really care about how great it sounds I just need something bigger than the 8 gb I have now.

The I-pod is easier to load than the Sansa. In fact, if you attach the I-pod to your computer via USB cable before you download stuff (I-tunes, Amazon, CD player, whatever) you can set the I-pod to automatically upload it, where it will magically send the tracks to lists like Artist, Album, Genre, Composers, etc.

Playlists are easier to create, too. Essentially, you just go to "playlist", click "new", then find the songs you want, click the "add" button for each one. Done.

ggpur

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ggpur
press25 wrote:Do I still have to use itunes?

I absolutely despise iTunes. Back when I was using my iPod I used Winamp to sync songs.

http://blog.winamp.com/2009/03/11/how-to-manage-music-in-ipod-using-winamp

No need to have iTunes or an iTunes library. You can sync between the iPod and whatever is in your Winamp library.