WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Gadgets And Gizmos Aplenty

Here it is folks: A whole boatload of tech gear. No, seriously, some guy showed up with a yacht full of computers and crap and sold them to us on the cheap. We're not ones to ask questions about boat goods, and we pass those savings on to you! 

thumperchick

quality posts: 237 Private Messages thumperchick

Do you have whoosawhatsits galore?
Or thingamabobs? I got twenty!

jgirot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgirot

These are pretty cool. There is no video out, but otherwise you can turn this into a full fledged server no problem. I have done quite a few hacks to mine on my blog http://blog.ultravstudios.com/james/tag/dockstar/

takethemeatbridge

quality posts: 10 Private Messages takethemeatbridge

Almost pulled the trigger on the new Ipad 3 16 GB ($480 is great even for last year's tech), but I was unable to find any reference to that model number (MD333LL/A) on the apple website, save for one person asking if it was a knock-off. The only answer he received lists all the model numbers, and that one isn't on it...

https://discussions.apple.com/message/19778803#19778803

Maybe someone at Woot can confirm with Apple that this is indeed the genuine article.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

takethemeatbridge wrote:Almost pulled the trigger on the new Ipad 3 16 GB ($480 is great even for last year's tech), but I was unable to find any reference to that model number (MD333LL/A) on the apple website, save for one person asking if it was a knock-off. The only answer he received lists all the model numbers, and that one isn't on it...

Maybe someone at Woot can confirm with Apple that this is indeed the genuine article.

It's the same iPad we've sold before and is Apple product. No idea as to why it's not on the Apple site. This generation wasn't around long so maybe Apple changed it when they liquidated to 3rd party vendors? Dunno.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586

They've got gizmo's and gadget's aplenty, they've got whozits and whatzits galore... xoxo Ariel

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

redshoes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages redshoes

Sold out? But who cares, no big deal, I want - MORE!

Malarowski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Malarowski

Just a head's up: I bought 5 of these previously and the USB connector/driver cable failed within 2-3 hours on all of them. They still look cool though, but useless unfortunately.

(Motorola Headsets)

dymongoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dymongoose

I really hope I'm not the only guy that immediately got the Little Mermaid reference.

kungster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kungster
takethemeatbridge wrote:Almost pulled the trigger on the new Ipad 3 16 GB ($480 is great even for last year's tech), but I was unable to find any reference to that model number (MD333LL/A) on the apple website, save for one person asking if it was a knock-off. The only answer he received lists all the model numbers, and that one isn't on it...

I wouldn't buy this 3rd gen iPad. Just spend the extra $20 and get the newest gen iPad. I think the only real differences is that the new one has a faster processor and the new 'Lightning' connector

exjoburger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages exjoburger

Is the "Cyber Acoustics SG-3050BK Leather Samsung Galaxy Tablet 7" Cover" for the Original Samsung Galaxy 7 Tablet or the Galaxy 2 7.0?

imbalanced

quality posts: 1 Private Messages imbalanced

>motorola gaming headset
>gaming headset
>mono ear cup
wut.

salvadorbecerra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages salvadorbecerra
Malarowski wrote:Just a head's up: I bought 5 of these previously and the USB connector/driver cable failed within 2-3 hours on all of them. They still look cool though, but useless unfortunately.

(Motorola Headsets)

Yea I bought one as well and it lasted maybe a month... It also made my head hurt because it felt as if it was squeezing it so I don't recommend.

blitz121

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blitz121

Now the little mermaid song is stuck in my head, why do this to me woot? I know I didn't buy your board game but I.... I'm sorry alright?

brian53newell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brian53newell

(Motorola Headset)

DO NOT BUY!!! NOT EVEN WORTH 1$!!!

NOT EVEN KIDDING

They will squeeze your head until you scream and throw them at a wall.

They will disappoint you if you play madden and think this headset will make you feel more like a head coach. IT WON'T.

They will fail or will have bad static.

They will not be purchased by me ever again.

nater919

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nater919
dymongoose wrote:I really hope I'm not the only guy that immediately got the Little Mermaid reference.

you are the only one... the rest of us are lifting barbells with chainsaws on the ends, while drinking beer and yelling viking-esque phrases in deep, burly voices. Did i mention walking around in flannel shirts with the sleeves cut off? Yeah. man stuff.

snowman191

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snowman191

I bought the Motorola headset when it was on sale for black Friday. Still use it today. Here are some things to consider.

The volume adjuster is nice, but the clip it's on is useless.

It is uncomfortable on the non speaker side, but increased the area of pressure by attaching a larger pad with a screw or glue or something makes it much better.

I know what you're thinking, "I don't want to have to mess with something I paid good money for!" but it's $1 so suck it up. The sound and microphone quality are superb and it's lasted almost daily use for three months.

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

Anyone else, at a glance, think the apple symbol in the main photo was an oil puddle from the car mouse?

ryansdog1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryansdog1
salvadorbecerra wrote:Yea I bought one as well and it lasted maybe a month... It also made my head hurt because it felt as if it was squeezing it so I don't recommend.

At a buck a piece, how much can you complain? I just got 5. They're comfortable for me so I'll consider them burner headsets. Should last me long enough to save up for a great one.

liquidsmoke420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages liquidsmoke420

The Gen4 iPad was just on sale everywhere for $499. I would pay the $20 extra for the newer model.

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828

Why does the picture of the BUILT NY E-KS3-BLK Neoprene Sleeve for Kindle Keyboard - Black have a Kindle Fire in it and not a Kindle Keyboard? Will this work with a Fire?

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

garymooreca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages garymooreca
natedogg828 wrote:Why does the picture of the BUILT NY E-KS3-BLK Neoprene Sleeve for Kindle Keyboard - Black have a Kindle Fire in it and not a Kindle Keyboard? Will this work with a Fire?

The kindle keyboard is 7.5 x 4.8. So this won't even fit it. What kindle is this sleeve made for? My paperwhite is 6.5 x 4.5. thinking about buying one, but concerned about the information posted.

natedogg828

natedogg828 wrote:Why does the picture of the BUILT NY E-KS3-BLK Neoprene Sleeve for Kindle Keyboard - Black have a Kindle Fire in it and not a Kindle Keyboard? Will this work with a Fire?

Summoning @thunderthighs and @pemberducky to look into this one for us please

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

natedogg828 wrote:Summoning @thunderthighs and @pemberducky to look into this one for us please

OUCH. I'm just as helpful as my lady counterparts. That just totally hurts man...or lady...person.

Here is the deal: The specs for sleeve is 8.3"(H) x 5.3"(W) x 0.4"(D)

However, this wont fit the Kindle Fire HD as its dimensions are 7.6" x 5.4" x 0.4"

It *might* fit the Kindle Fire - its dimensions are 7.44" x 4.72" x 0.45"

This was discussed in the previous discussion.

natedogg828

ROGETRAY wrote:OUCH. I'm just as helpful as my lady counterparts. That just totally hurts man...or lady...person.

Here is the deal: The specs for sleeve is 8.3"(H) x 5.3"(W) x 0.4"(D)

However, this wont fit the Kindle Fire HD as its dimensions are 7.6" x 5.4" x 0.4"

It *might* fit the Kindle Fire - its dimensions are 7.44" x 4.72" x 0.45"

This was discussed in the previous discussion.

Thanks and sorry for not invoking you, us guys need to stick together and in all honesty I was going to invoke your name as well but forgot the "spelling" & was to lazy to dig around for it

kchristley

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kchristley
Malarowski wrote:Just a head's up: I bought 5 of these previously and the USB connector/driver cable failed within 2-3 hours on all of them. They still look cool though, but useless unfortunately.

(Motorola Headsets)

Just got the 2 I ordered from Woot! yesterday and within 2 hours, the USB cable failed on one of them (swapped out the cable just to be sure).

Unfortunate, because the headsets themselves are pretty sturdy and had nice enough sound.

Woot! says they've got a 1 year guarantee from Motorola, but I was not able to find a support site for getting a replacement cable. Will keep looking...

ogre1865

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ogre1865

Anyone have thoughts on IRIScan Bluetooth Scanner

Only 16 Reviews on Amazon. Average 3 stars but the reviews either totally bash it or love it so can't get a good rating sample. No reviews on Newegg.

Need a portable scanner but can't tell if this one is worth the $$$. Thoughts????

shmoopiex2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shmoopiex2

Fun fact regarding the FedEx "Smartpost" as a delivery method.

Did you know that in 1860, Pony Express riders averaged just over 12 mph? They could have delivered my Galaxy Tablet cover in just over 6 days. FedEx Smartpost estimates it will take them 13 days to cover that same distance. That's right; over TWICE as long to cover the same distance as a horse-based delivery system from 153 years ago.

Progress, ain't it grand?

natedogg828

UPDATE: just received my order today and the Kindle Fire 2 (non HD) fits perfectly

ap210

quality posts: 47 Private Messages ap210

My Celestron is still awaiting shipping....yay.

1. 11/6Rmba
  2. 11/13Scba
  3. 11/16LtchWlssSystm
  4. 11/16Gmbrdg
  5. 11/16SnDskPlyr
  6. 11/16UFO
  7. 11/16LtchWlssHdphns"lbl fll ff"
  8. 11/17LtchXbxhdst
  9. 11/173xLkFrg
  10. 11/25iPdShfflClck
  11. 12/62xBpMntrs
  12. 12/133xNxs25XM

Maramatanga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Maramatanga

Has there been any update on the Celestron Skyscouts?

ap210

quality posts: 47 Private Messages ap210
Maramatanga wrote:Has there been any update on the Celestron Skyscouts?

My skyscout arrived yesterday afternoon. I fired it up and identified Jupiter and Sirius (still can't tell if it is the Sirius satellite or some celestial body)

1. 11/6Rmba
  2. 11/13Scba
  3. 11/16LtchWlssSystm
  4. 11/16Gmbrdg
  5. 11/16SnDskPlyr
  6. 11/16UFO
  7. 11/16LtchWlssHdphns"lbl fll ff"
  8. 11/17LtchXbxhdst
  9. 11/173xLkFrg
  10. 11/25iPdShfflClck
  11. 12/62xBpMntrs
  12. 12/133xNxs25XM