WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Carson Optical Magnifiers & Microscopes

I go large. I live large. I order my fast-food value meals large. And I like things to look large - much larger than they actually are. That's why Carson Optical and me, we tight.
Carson Optical official site

countdown

quality posts: 14 Private Messages countdown

I want that solder station, but its a little rich for the amount of soldering I do. Anyone know of any cheaper solutions?

simonwang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simonwang
countdown wrote:I want that solder station, but its a little rich for the amount of soldering I do. Anyone know of any cheaper solutions?

frys has one i picked up last time for less than $10. of course it doesn't have led lights, but it does have a couple of clamps and a magnifying glass.

scho73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scho73
simonwang wrote:frys has one i picked up last time for less than $10. of course it doesn't have led lights, but it does have a couple of clamps and a magnifying glass.

Search for 'helping hands' and you should find a few in various configurations.

Gnomercy

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Gnomercy

I got a helping hand solder thingy at harbor freight around 10 bucks. Works for me.

sarah12345

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarah12345
simonwang wrote:frys has one i picked up last time for less than $10. of course it doesn't have led lights, but it does have a couple of clamps and a magnifying glass.

I also got one from Frys. I have a small dental lab and it comes in handy when bending small wires. I use it for other things too. I love my $$9.99 gadget.

socalwoman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages socalwoman

Is there any difference between the orange and green microscopes beside the color?

Seize the Carp!

satyenshah

quality posts: 8 Private Messages satyenshah

Why do the magnifiers get more expensive with bigger 'X'?