WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Bluetooth Crap

Dear Journal -- Six days now since the crash. Marcus snorkeled the wreckage, but could only retrieve our Bluetooth accessories. We got a weak signal from one of the headsets, meaning were are within 30 ft. of civilization…

anonymoushero

quality posts: 2 Private Messages anonymoushero

You know, there are phones other than the iPhone that would like some hip, cool devices to play with.
Or maybe some comfy cases.
Or maybe a cool car dock.
cough Galaxy S3 cough...

sirwimbly

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sirwimbly

Discussion on the Affinity Bluetooth speaker from a previous woot: http://tech.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5297210

Anyone who bought one then care to chime in with their experience after ~2 months of use?

redlyn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages redlyn

While I was looking at the ILuv Mo Beats speaker stand, it sold out. ugh. no decisions needed now but I think I need one for my Surface tablet. Anybody else use one and like it?

pmtovar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pmtovar

Does anyone have any reviews on the iTower Bluetooth Speaker? It looks good, but I'm afraid the sound quality is not going to be good.

krazykoz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krazykoz
sirwimbly wrote:Discussion on the Affinity Bluetooth speaker from a previous woot: http://tech.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5297210

Anyone who bought one then care to chime in with their experience after ~2 months of use?

I would like to hear from others who purchased it. Still hard to find reviews online.

Is this Affinity the same as Affinity of Canada? Seems to be the only electronics maker match I can find.

mbauer41

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbauer41

I don't see earbud headphones like the one in the primary picture. Is there something I'm missing?

AutobahnSHO

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AutobahnSHO

The remote looks pointless but geekishly cool. I DO have a tablet I watch shows or netflix on with the TV, seems nice to have a remote for it.

But can't blow that kind of dough on pointless but cool...

GG705

quality posts: 1 Private Messages GG705
mbauer41 wrote:I don't see earbud headphones like the one in the primary picture. Is there something I'm missing?

Don't worry you are not missing out, I almost didn't click on this event because those ear bud headphones are so bad.

mbauer41

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbauer41
GG705 wrote:Don't worry you are not missing out, I almost didn't click on this event because those ear bud headphones are so bad.

What brand are the ones pictured? I followed this link looking for some runner's headphones. Has woot every sold jaybird brand headphones?

jester6641

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jester6641
mbauer41 wrote:What brand are the ones pictured? I followed this link looking for some runner's headphones. Has woot every sold jaybird brand headphones?

They're Motorola SD-10 HD. I know because they're on the desk next to me right now.

Not the world's greatest sounding headphones. Not great if you have glasses. Not awesome if you're running (the behind the neck part is the battery, it's heavy, it bounces). Podcasts sound OK, but music and movies get a little...crunchy? I don't know how to describe it.

Actually, I don't know what they're good for, but I own a pair and I use them all the time. They're not hateful, which is the best I can say. I tend to wear them just sitting around.

Phillystyle

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Phillystyle

1) Woot, I hate it when you suck me in with a cool primary picture of a product I'm interested in and then BLAMMO! it's not one of the items you're selling. See?

2) I own multiple sets & have given some of those Motorola headphones pictured but not offered. True, they're not Bose by any stretch but I'm extremely happy with them. I read lots of reviews before I bought my first pair and I haven't experienced any of the issues reported - which is not to say they are not or were not true.

steiger21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages steiger21
Phillystyle wrote:1) Woot, I hate it when you suck me in with a cool primary picture of a product I'm interested in and then BLAMMO! it's not one of the items you're selling. See?

2) I own multiple sets & have given some of those Motorola headphones pictured but not offered. True, they're not Bose by any stretch but I'm extremely happy with them. I read lots of reviews before I bought my first pair and I haven't experienced any of the issues reported - which is not to say they are not or were not true.

Yeah, what she said!

disraeli

quality posts: 7 Private Messages disraeli
mbauer41 wrote:I don't see earbud headphones like the one in the primary picture. Is there something I'm missing?

Yeah I noticed the Motorola s-10 set and wondered if I paid too much at $40. I'm actually kinda pleased that it's not discounted further.

Actually all the bluetooth items I own [soundbox, earphones and keyboard] are same or close to what's served up here, and I bought at pretty much the same pricepoint. OK, my boombox is maybe a little lower-end, but I'm happy.

Technically, the glass is always full.

saaaron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages saaaron

Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Grandmax-Tweakers-Microbeats-Bluetooth-Wireless/dp/B005DSO3DY#productPromotions

leronis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages leronis

Does anyone have any experience with the Sennheiser headset?

blkg35sport

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blkg35sport
saaaron wrote:Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Grandmax-Tweakers-Microbeats-Bluetooth-Wireless/dp/B005DSO3DY#productPromotions

Home > Audio > Speakers > Wireless Speakers > Grandmax SPKR-M3BT Tweakers Microbeat Pocket Sized Bluetooth Speaker

Grandmax SPKR-M3BT Tweakers Microbeat Pocket Sized Bluetooth Speaker

$19.97 at http://www.jr.com/grandmax/pe/GRX_SPKRM3BT

Eligible for FREE Store Pickup

kravivarma

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kravivarma

Is the motorolla controller any good?

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain
leronis wrote:Does anyone have any experience with the Sennheiser headset?

Found this video review on YouTube.
Some highlights:

• Uncomfortable for longer periods of time.
  • Hard to hear caller in noisy environs, earpiece is hard plastic, not gel.
  • People reported being able to tell he was on BlueTooth, and sounded tinny.
  • It has a proprietary Sennheiser port. If you lose the proprietary cable, or it breaks, you're out forty bucks. He also had trouble finding the charging cable on Sennheiser's website or iGo tips.
  • "For $69 to $79, you can find better alternatives."

For forty bucks, I would pass. I, too, am in the market for a decent, inexpensive bluetooth phone earpiece. Inexpensive in case my girlfriend's dog eats it again.
  • RichardLamere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RichardLamere

Does anyone have any experience with the Sennheiser headset

I just took one out of the package. The earhook is wedged in plastic and I tired too hard to force it out. It separated from the device and it is impossible to re-insert it. Be very, very careful unloading the device from the package.

leronis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages leronis
    PocketBrain wrote:Found this video review on YouTube.
    Some highlights:
  • Uncomfortable for longer periods of time.
  • Hard to hear caller in noisy environs, earpiece is hard plastic, not gel.
  • People reported being able to tell he was on BlueTooth, and sounded tinny.
  • It has a proprietary Sennheiser port. If you lose the proprietary cable, or it breaks, you're out forty bucks. He also had trouble finding the charging cable on Sennheiser's website or iGo tips.
  • "For $69 to $79, you can find better alternatives."

For forty bucks, I would pass. I, too, am in the market for a decent, inexpensive bluetooth phone earpiece. Inexpensive in case my girlfriend's dog eats it again.

• Dang. I was really hoping the Sennheiser name would be attached to a quality item. Thanks much for the comprehensive review. Thanks to RichardLamere as well. Guess I'll pass...

zenchaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zenchaos
    disraeli wrote:Yeah I noticed the Motorola s-10 set and wondered if I paid too much at $40. I'm actually kinda pleased that it's not discounted further.

Translation . . .if i can't pay less for them, then no one should!!!

Ahhh, I love (in)human nature.

mrbarister

quality posts: 29 Private Messages mrbarister
    leronis wrote:Does anyone have any experience with the Sennheiser headset?

I own the Sennheiser mm400. Excellent bluetooth connectivity, comfortable even after 7 hours of continuous use, battery life of nearly 12 hours, replaceable battery, clear and detailed sound, and passable for phone calls. Cons are they're very expensive, lack bass, don't get very loud (volume controlled), and the lower battery warning interrupts the last 5-10 minutes of play time before the battery dies.
    I also own the Creative WP 350 which are currently selling for $53.00 on Amazon. They have better bass, and get louder, and look better, but are inferior to some degree in every other aspect, but what can you expect when you're paying less than 25% of what the Sennheisers cost.

Oops, just realized you weren't talking about headphones headset, but the earpiece.

mrbarister

quality posts: 29 Private Messages mrbarister

I've got my eye on the Run NYC headset. It's design is identical to that of 2 other models from 2 other companies (Aluratek and Meelectronics). Both of the other two have 4-4.5 stars on Amazon and cost at least twice as much. Furthermore, I can't find the Run NYC ones anywhere, Amazon or eBay.

countdown

quality posts: 14 Private Messages countdown
    kravivarma wrote:Is the motorolla controller any good?

Also curious about this. The one purpose I would have for such a remote would be to skip and pause tracks during playback, but it does not appear to have dedicated media control buttons, so I don't have much use. As it is, I see it being useful primarily for people that use their tablets on large displays. So people perhaps giving presentations with tablets for work, or home users who do photo slideshows or something. If it had media buttons I would have it instantly.

nmchapma

quality posts: 23 Private Messages nmchapma
    disraeli wrote:Yeah I noticed the Motorola s-10 set and wondered if I paid too much at $40. I'm actually kinda pleased that it's not discounted further.

Actually all the bluetooth items I own [soundbox, earphones and keyboard] are same or close to what's served up here, and I bought at pretty much the same pricepoint. OK, my boombox is maybe a little lower-end, but I'm happy.

I got my Motorolla S-10's from Woot! for $20.

@otherguywhosnameIcan'tremember:

When used for the purpose they were intended, and without comparing them to Beats audio quality, I have found no better running headphones. The range is great, the quality matches everything my ears can pick up (especially after the fifth mile or so), and the price (on Woot!) was phenominal.

Dethpickle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dethpickle
    jester6641 wrote:They're Motorola SD-10 HD. I know because they're on the desk next to me right now.

I listen to tons of audiobooks... LOVE the SD-10. Doesn't go in the ear holes so you can still hear what's going on around you (read that as not accidentally die). Not the most comfortable (don't wear glasses) but I can manage an hour or two before I notice I'm in pain.

I couldn't recommend them for music enjoyment. But, for books, it's awesome. You should be able to pick them up at the Costco or Amaz for around 50-60.

Woot...

k9alliance

quality posts: 1 Private Messages k9alliance

The bluetooth keyboard:

Does anyone know if it will work with a 1st gen. Kindle Fire?

jmcnab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmcnab
    k9alliance wrote:The bluetooth keyboard:

Does anyone know if it will work with a 1st gen. Kindle Fire?

1st gen Kindle Fires don't have bluetooth capability.

mkiisupraman18

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mkiisupraman18

Y'all are crazy for hating on the S-10s! Best work out/working outside headphones I've owned.

ionix

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ionix

I was actually hoping to pick up another S-10 headset.. Woot y u no sell Motorola headset in picture!?
    I already own a pair and love em to go running. I usually run for about 40 minutes and sweat a lot, Have not had an issue yet.

Insert cool signature here.

nuketank

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nuketank

The Keyboard - word of caution.
    I bought it during the recent Woot-Off, and the discussion was hot in both the comments and the Amazon reviews about battery problems.
    My professional opinion:
    Never leave the keyboard on charge and walk away for a long time. Keep an eye on the thing and unhook it when it's full.

Technical Explanation: The charge circuit may not be fully shutting down when the battery's full, causing a minor overcharge that reduces the service life of the battery. This is actually a common problem in cheaper chargers. You can prevent this by simply unhooking it when it's full.

Also note, it does do the "repeating key" thing, but this is actually caused by its battery saving circuit, and should only happen when you hit the first letter after a period of disuse. Prevent it by tapping an unimportant key (shift? Control?) before you start typing to "wake it up".

Notable Woots:
    1 Samsung Modus Bluetooth Headset Kit, 2 MuzxDNA Earphones (one lost, one destroyed) superceded by 2 MEElectronics M16 Earphones, 2 Phantom S107's, 1 Art101 124-piece art set, iGo rechargable battery set, way more Fuji batteries than I immediately know what to do with, 1 Dell Streak 7" Tablet
    1 Big Old Chevy dated 3/22/2011, #4 of the night (!).
    1 Bundle of Caravans dated 4/25/2011

aaronshupp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aaronshupp

Are the people buying this Grandmax Tweakers speaker insane?? The parent of this website sells it for less on a daily basis. $23... http://www.amazon.com/Grandmax-Tweakers-Microbeats-Bluetooth-Wireless/dp/B005DSO3DY

I worry Amazon is turning Woot in to a "door-buster" type of marketing scam to offload slow moving merchandise.

alambrose

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alambrose
    mrbarister wrote:I've got my eye on the Run NYC headset. It's design is identical to that of 2 other models from 2 other companies (Aluratek and Meelectronics). Both of the other two have 4-4.5 stars on Amazon and cost at least twice as much. Furthermore, I can't find the Run NYC ones anywhere, Amazon or eBay.

The RUN NYC headphones were on Woot not too long ago. I bought them for my wife. Pairs easily with an Android phone and in my opinion, sounds pretty good.

LvnLar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LvnLar
    mrbarister wrote:I've got my eye on the Run NYC headset. It's design is identical to that of 2 other models from 2 other companies (Aluratek and Meelectronics). Both of the other two have 4-4.5 stars on Amazon and cost at least twice as much. Furthermore, I can't find the Run NYC ones anywhere, Amazon or eBay.

Yeah, I did some searching around. I believe Meelectronics makes them and sells them on their website (OEM Style). The RunNYC is just branded on later on. With that said I just got my pair I ordered a few days back from this event, super fast shipping, and they are great. For 39.99 you can't go wrong. They are comfortable, great sound and I love the fact that you can use them wired or wireless.

mcrawfordLDS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcrawfordLDS

Sound Logic iTower Bluetooth Speaker
    I haven't been able to get this to sync with my laptop.