0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

stoopid2001

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stoopid2001

Still rocking mine. If you're a bit tech savvy, you can head over to xda and get Jelly Bean on these. Runs nice and smooth.

I used to list my woots here, but they no longer fit.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3346 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

pretty good reviews (4.6 out of 5.0) over at tigerdirect

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=894423

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

conanthelibrarian wrote:pretty good reviews (4.6 out of 5.0) over at tigerdirect

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=894423

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

spizmar

quality posts: 11 Private Messages spizmar

Just wanted you to know I have some 20 monkeys that live in my cube at work. About half are screaming woot monkeys.

mbrickell

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mbrickell

I bought my Xoom from Woot, refurb, a while back. It's not bad. For $200, worth it. The case in the picture is utter garbage. I bought it on Amazon and threw it away after I tried it. You're a lot better off with the Bear Motion Leather Case. This can be found on Amazon. Trust me.

By the way, mine arrived in perfect condition as new, and has updated regularly with new versions of Android painlessly.

Only complaint that comes to mind is the poorly designed power port where you plug in to recharge. Incredibly flimsy/delicate. Other than that, can't find anything to gripe about off the top of my head. Oh, wait, yeah, I can. Widgets are unnecessarily hard to manage/delete. That might just be my lack of know-how with Android, though, so it doesn't really count.

traquy

quality posts: 51 Private Messages traquy

So would you say this would be a good tablet for a computer PC geek to mess around with? My husband has had it with Apple and their control freak nature and wants a tablet he can root around it (literally) and use any way he wants. He never uses the iPad anymore and it's pretty much become a toy for me and our 5 yr old to play with.

traceactions

quality posts: 5 Private Messages traceactions

I'm in for one. This deal is too good to pass up and with squaretrade, it's even better.

mbrickell

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mbrickell
traquy wrote:So would you say this would be a good tablet for a computer PC geek to mess around with? My husband has had it with Apple and their control freak nature and wants a tablet he can root around it (literally) and use any way he wants. He never uses the iPad anymore and it's pretty much become a toy for me and our 5 yr old to play with.

Yes, this is much more a rooters friend than an Apple device. He'll like that you can add a 32gb micro SD card as well.

I really don't see how you can go wrong with this for $200. I paid quite a bit more if I recall. It's well built with the exception of the power port. Definitely a step above the no-name tablet crap you saw for sale cheap around the holidays. This is a real machine, and there seems to be a decent community and ongoing support for it.

ThunderThighs

Staff

spizmar wrote:Just wanted you to know I have some 20 monkeys that live in my cube at work. About half are screaming woot monkeys.

And are they camera shy? I'm going to add a couple more pics in a bit from when I went to the office today.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3346 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

"Very good" review over at CNET

http://reviews.cnet.com/tablets/motorola-xoom-with-wifi/4505-3126_7-34841324.html

ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all, don't be surprised if the case ships separate from the tablet. So if you get a box with only the tablet or the case, wait a couple days for the other to arrive.

jet314

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jet314

I paid $334.99(with shipping) in Nov. 2011. Boy did I jump to quick . Better wait longer next time.

mikeeyram

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mikeeyram

How old is this tablet? Only dual core, now that's sad, many have quad now or they should.

lisabham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lisabham

Is it possible to connect a Bluetooth or USB GPS to this?

ThunderThighs

Staff

jet314 wrote:I paid $334.99(with shipping) in Nov. 2011. Boy did I jump to quick . Better wait longer next time.

Ain't it that way with everything? Except gasoline. Seems the longer I wait, the more it goes up. Should have filled up last week.

Jpres888

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jpres888

OK, so I need some serious advice...

I bought this Samsung Galaxy tab in the woot off, exact same price.

http://www.woot.com/offers/galaxy-tab-7-16gb-w-wi-fi-sprint-3g

It ended up being the only one available and I was super psyched that I got a great deal, but the when I looked at it again it looks like its a 1rst Gen model and Im not sure what makes it so special as far as price (a few hours later a second gen w/out 3G sold for 80 bucks less) I mean the tab I bought is comin with Froyo...Not good. Woot has agreed to refund if I want.

So my question is, since if I dont keep the Galaxy I am right back in the market for a really nice tablet,

Should I jump all over this for the exact same price?

Any advice greatly appreciiated Woot Family! Whats the move here???

nah85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nah85
mikeeyram wrote:How old is this tablet? Only dual core, now that's sad, many have quad now or they should.

I'm wondering too, what separates this from something like a nexus 7 besides the screen size?

vwoom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages vwoom

This Xoom MZ604 is $4 cheaper (with CA tax + shipping) than what I got last Black Fri ($226.98, along with a $146 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 purchase). It too was a refurb (open box, ex Groupon return) and it too came with this same freebie Motorola portfolio case. OEM Accessories abound online for the Xoom and is cheap. I got the 89445N speaker HD dock ($20). The 89451N wireless keyboard ($15). The 89453N car charger ($4)..all orig Motorola.

Love this tab (my first). Now on Jelly Bean 4.1.2, it's built like a "tank"! I use this often to view my daily Blackvue DR-400 HDII dash cam recordings...instead on my smallish Acer S120 Liquid MT.

The only caveat for this tab...sd card is inaccessible. One needs to download and purchase this: SDCardXD for Xoom (SDCardX) by GmanApps ($1.49) from Google Play to make it work.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gmanapps.sdcardx&hl=en

wharper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wharper
Jpres888 wrote:OK, so I need some serious advice...

I bought this Samsung Galaxy tab in the woot off, exact same price.

http://www.woot.com/offers/galaxy-tab-7-16gb-w-wi-fi-sprint-3g

It ended up being the only one available and I was super psyched that I got a great deal, but the when I looked at it again it looks like its a 1rst Gen model and Im not sure what makes it so special as far as price (a few hours later a second gen w/out 3G sold for 80 bucks less) I mean the tab I bought is comin with Froyo...Not good. Woot has agreed to refund if I want.

So my question is, since if I dont keep the Galaxy I am right back in the market for a really nice tablet,

Should I jump all over this for the exact same price?

Any advice greatly appreciiated Woot Family! Whats the move here???

Very respectfully, I ask you to make a value decision: Low price or performance.

You cannot have both.

If you want a great tablet, go to Best Buy or Apple and buy the latest and greatest with max memory.

If you want low price, stay with what you have. (I prefer the Tab over the Motorola anyway. Have you actually seen anywhere in your own city to buy a new Motorola tablet? No? That's the clue to a bad deal that will grow out of date rapidly.)

Agonizing about it will only make you insane.

leehemen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages leehemen

I've owned one for over a year and love it. It plays any game or video. Only negative is the power connector. Flimsy. They fixed it on newer model of Xoom. I run Android 4.0.1 and it is easy to root. By the way, I use Google drive and Ubuntu One cloud with no problems. Bluetooth works flawlessly as does the Wi-Fi and the battery life is fantastic. I am a pastor and use mine for preaching! :-)

coachwoodward

quality posts: 1 Private Messages coachwoodward

Okay... questions...

I bought the Motorola Verizon Xoom off Woot a month ago for my grandkids. I have spent the last few weeks learning my way around it & adding apps for the kids. This is my first tablet & I am loving it! (I am a tech gadget junkie.) So, I am thinking about getting this one for me...

Now the questions...

1) Except for the 3G capability, is this EXACTLY like the one I bought a few weeks ago?

2) Will I have to re-download all of the apps (that I already put on the other one) to this one or will it just sync on wi-fi after I add the new tablet to my amazon & google play accts?

3) I am not usually one for warranties, but am thinking about adding it to this & giving this one to the grandkids instead. Some thoughts, please, on whether you think the warranty is worth buying?

4) Like I said, I am loving the Xoom that I just got. The only downfall (besides the flimsy connection - yes, I noticed that) is that sometimes my "touches" aren't working. Since this is my first tablet, I am not sure if it is me or the tablet. Could it be my extremely dry skin? Or because it is dirty from anything that gets on my fingers? (Yes, I have been known to use it while I am eating.) If the latter is the case, what is the best way to clean it?

Now, just waiting on some answers to pull the trigger!

vwoom

coachwoodward wrote:1) Except for the 3G capability, is this EXACTLY like the one I bought a few weeks ago?

Nope. The 3G model is the MZ600. The 4G LTE is MZ602. All Verizons.

This Xoom is the MZ604 (WiFi only), the only Jelly Bean upgradeable Xoom as of this writing.

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

chernnadez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chernnadez

Hi everyone I was hoping to find out if anyone knows if adobe flash player can be used on this model since it is below Android 4.0, when all adobe flash was being phased out for most tablets and cellphones?

vwoom

chernnadez wrote:Hi everyone I was hoping to find out if anyone knows if adobe flash player can be used on this model since it is below Android 4.0, when all adobe flash was being phased out for most tablets and cellphones?

Yes. Go to the Flash Archives and download ONLY up to the latest Android 4.0 Flash Player:

Flash Player 11.1 for Android 4.0 (11.1.115.47)

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

If you need a Flash capable browser, you can use Dolphin HD version 8.5.1

My Jelly Bean 4.1.2 MZ604 is running on all of the above...

MMcCraryNJ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MMcCraryNJ

People are seriously still buying these first generation Honeycomb tablets?

Guys, the Xoom was released in February of 2011. It is now exactly 2 years old.

For 80-100 dollars? Maybe. For $199? Not to insult anyone's intelligence, but you would have to be a pretty uninformed buyer to even consider this. That is a terrible price and a huge rip-off.

You can look up reviews all you want, and find good ones, sure. The Xoom was good when it came out...2 whole years ago. It will not get any more Android updates (Google/Moto have said as much) and is not on the newest version on Jellybean (4.2). It has 4.1.2, and that's all it will ever get. You might say, "Even so, it still has Jellybean!". Yes, however, the device is so old that it does NOT give you 100 percent of the benefits of 4.1+

The Tegra 2 is an ancient chip that was never all it was cracked up to be in the first place. It's terrible at video decode and even worse at web browsing performance. The only thing it did well, at the time, was Tegra exclusive games, which is irrelevant right now because almost all of the games made for Tegra require the Tegra 3 platform, and Tegra 4 is two months away.

Please, if you're even thinking of this, get the Nexus 7, NEW, for $199. Yes, it's a 7 inch tablet opposed to a 10 inch tablet. However, it has the same exact screen resolution, making the PPI much much better. It also has a Tegra 3, is much lighter, battery lasts a very long time, is the number one supported Android tablet by developers, and since it is so new and a Nexus device, will receive Android updates direct from Google for the foreseeable future (the next 12-18 months).

Do not buy this. Not at all. You will get it, use it for a couple of weeks, download newer apps that require more resources, and it won't be able to do what you want it to do.

The Nexus 7 is LIGHT YEARS ahead of this thing, for the same price, and you get it new. I CANNOT stress this enough.

Source: Myself, who owns a Nexus 7, Nexus 10, and Galaxy Nexus, and who has also owned a Galaxy Tab 10.1 in the past, which had absolutely identical specs across the board to the Xoom

chernnadez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chernnadez
vwoom wrote:Yes. Go to the Flash Archives and download ONLY up to the latest Android 4.0 Flash Player:

Flash Player 11.1 for Android 4.0 (11.1.115.47)

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

If you need a Flash capable browser, you can use Dolphin HD version 8.5.1

My Jelly Bean 4.1.2 MZ604 is running on all of the above...

Awesome thank you very much for clearing that up!

RadarRon

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RadarRon
MMcCraryNJ wrote:People are seriously still buying these first generation Honeycomb tablets?

Guys, the Xoom was released in February of 2011. It is now exactly 2 years old.

For 80-100 dollars? Maybe. For $199? You would have to be a pretty uninformed buyer to even consider this. That is a terrible price and a huge rip-off.

You can look up reviews all you want, and find good ones, sure. The Xoom was good when it came out...2 whole years ago. It will not get any more Android updates (Google/Moto have said as much) and is not on the newest version on Jellybean (4.2). It has 4.1.2, and that's all it will ever get. You might say, "Even so, it still has Jellybean!". Yes, however, the device is so old that it does NOT give you 100 percent of the benefits of 4.1+

The Tegra 2 is an ancient chip that was never all it was cracked up to be in the first place. It's terrible at video decode and even worse at web browsing performance. The only thing it did well, at the time, was Tegra exclusive games, which is irrelevant right now because almost all of the games made for Tegra require the Tegra 3 platform, and Tegra 4 is two months away.

Please, if you're even thinking of this, get the Nexus 7, NEW, for $199. Yes, it's a 7 inch tablet opposed to a 10 inch tablet. However, it has the same exact screen resolution, making the PPI much much better. It also has a Tegra 3, is much lighter, battery lasts a very long time, is the number one supported Android tablet by developers, and since it is so new and a Nexus device, will receive Android updates direct from Google for the foreseeable future (the next 12-18 months).

Do not buy this. Not at all. You will get it, use it for a couple of weeks, download newer apps that require more resources, and it won't be able to do what you want it to do.

The Nexus 7 is LIGHT YEARS ahead of this thing, for the same price, and you get it new. I CANNOT stress this enough.

Source: Myself, who owns a Nexus 7, Nexus 10, and Galaxy Nexus, and who has also owned a Galaxy Tab 10.1 in the past, which had absolutely identical specs across the board to the Xoom

Hay thanks, you are well informed, I was wondering how this hardware compairs to the hardware in the ASUS TF300T that Woot had on sale a week ago? Please leave out the Docking station/keyboard.
Thanks,
Ron

Jpres888

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jpres888

HaHa I think you may have answered my question too, since the price point I am at for both tabs I brought up is 199. But let me just ask you this. Is the 1rst gen Samsung galaxy I bought (see above) still receiving active updates? Would it still be better to go with the new Nexus than the older Galaxy w/ 3G?

RadarRon wrote:Hay thanks, you are well informed, I was wondering how this hardware compairs to the hardware in the ASUS TF300T that Woot had on sale a week ago? Please leave out the Docking station/keyboard.
Thanks,
Ron

MMcCraryNJ

RadarRon wrote:Hay thanks, you are well informed, I was wondering how this hardware compairs to the hardware in the ASUS TF300T that Woot had on sale a week ago? Please leave out the Docking station/keyboard.
Thanks,
Ron

The TF300T is a lot newer than the Xoom. The Xoom is running a dual core Tegra 2 while the TF300T is a quad-core Tegra 3. They both have 1 GB of RAM, but the Xoom is the older DDR2 standard, while the TF300R is the newer, faster DDR3 standard. They both have the same resolution screen, but the TF300T should be brighter, better colors, better viewing angles, etc.

The TF300T is a much better tablet than the Xoom, however it is also starting to become dated (It was released May of 2012). Also depending on the price, it might also not be a good purchase. Right now, it's sitting online, new, at $349. You can get the Nexus 10, which as of right now is the most powerful Android tablet on the market (bests anything with the Tegra 3 chipset, and also has a gorgeous 2560x1600 screen), for 50 dollars more, at $399.

See, here's the thing. Both the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 changed the game in a lot of ways, but the biggest one is price. Both of those tablets offer unmatched price-per-performance. At $199/$249 for the Nexus 7 and $399/$499 for the Nexus 10, they both set new, lower price points for Android tablets on the higher end. What ended up happening was, all of the tablets that came beforehand have kept their pricing the same. So Samsung has the Galaxy Tab 2/Galaxy Note line of tablets, and Asus has the Transformer TF300/Prime/Infinity tablets, however they cost just as much, and sometimes MORE, than the Nexus 7/Nexus 10.

To me, if you're spending that kind of money, you might as well get the best you can for it. The TF300, I'd argue, would be a good buy at $199 or so, around there. The Xoom? I wouldn't touch it for that price.

MMcCraryNJ

Jpres888 wrote:HaHa I think you may have answered my question too, since the price point I am at for both tabs I brought up is 199. But let me just ask you this. Is the 1rst gen Samsung galaxy I bought (see above) still receiving active updates? Would it still be better to go with the new Nexus than the older Galaxy w/ 3G?

The question is, which Galaxy Tab are you referring to? There was one that came out even before the Xoom, in 2010 or so, which ran Froyo (Android 2.2), and was just overall terrible (Google even warned manufacturers at that point that Android was NOT coded to run on tablets at the time, and to please not make Android tablets. Samsung did it anyway)

Or are you referring to the Galaxy Tab line that has similar specs to the Xoom (came with Honeycomb, the Tegra 2 processor, and so on. It was the one I named in my first post as the one I owned for awhile).

OR are you referring to the Galaxy Tab 2 line, which is only a slightly changed/slightly updated version of the Galaxy Tab in the paragraph listed directly above this one?

venizen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages venizen
traquy wrote:So would you say this would be a good tablet for a computer PC geek to mess around with? My husband has had it with Apple and their control freak nature and wants a tablet he can root around it (literally) and use any way he wants. He never uses the iPad anymore and it's pretty much become a toy for me and our 5 yr old to play with.

Yes, been learning Android dev on it for a while now. Works great. The wifi-only version gets the latest version of Android weeks or months before any other Android platform. And watching Netflix and Hulu. Bought mine here a while back. I like the cover shown except you can't charge it when the cover's closed. PS: the layout of the various sockets is, shall we say, idiosyncratic. But it also takes a microSD card if 32G is somehow not enough space.

amoraluv

quality posts: 3 Private Messages amoraluv

4real 4real I wouldn't pay for a dual core unless its under $150

swa1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages swa1

[quote postid="5356597" user="MMcCraryNJ"]"People are seriously still buying these first generation Honeycomb tablets?

"Guys, the Xoom was released in February of 2011. It is now exactly 2 years old. . ."

One More Friday Gone! You mean I bought and have been happily using a gen-u-ine antique since waaayyy back in August 2012?!!? I'll have to pack it up, send it to The Smithsonian and hope I can write the donation off my taxes.

Seriously, not everyone wants to watch movies or play high-speed action games on their tablet. My Xoom WiFi only is comfortably fast, stable and reliable. I paid slightly more than Woot is asking for a like-new refurb and felt it was, and still is, a very good deal. As others have noted, putting the USB and power ports on the bottom was a lousy design move, no doubt perpetrated so users would buy Motorola accessories, but that aside, it's a great tablet.

I have since picked up a Lenovo A2109 with 9.7-inch screen and Tegra 3 CPU. It's slightly faster than the Xoom, but not impressively so.

I spent a few minutes trying out a Nexus 7, and judged it to be a very good tablet indeed. Speed wise, it's the same as my Lenovo. Yes, the Nexus tablets are very good and the prices aren't bad. Still, I'd rather have My Xoom and the price difference of what a 10-inch Nexus costs in my wallet. And, I'd rather have my 10-inch Xoom than the 7-inch Nexus for about the same price. That's my preference. I wouldn't fault anyone for preferring the Nexus models if that's their preference.

awells527

quality posts: 2 Private Messages awells527

A word of caution to anyone looking to flash custom ROMs...

The /system partition is quite small - too small for Cyanogenmod 10 and the Google apps package. This is not an easily fixable problem because the /system partition size cannot be changed. Some people have had some success with moving files over to internal flash storage and symlinking them back to the original location, but that is sketchy as those system files will be removed after a flash wipe, and it will not play nice with ROM managers.

More Information: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=6621

Other than that, I love my Xoom. Stock Android is basically vanilla, so I see little need for custom ROMs anyway.

shortdog2279

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shortdog2279
stoopid2001 wrote:Still rocking mine. If you're a bit tech savvy, you can head over to xda and get Jelly Bean on these. Runs nice and smooth.

Actually, Jelly Bean is an official update from motorola now. So all you have to do is let it update once you power it up.

EricPost

quality posts: 3 Private Messages EricPost

Oh if only Woot would have one with 3g.

elisha13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elisha13

can i get this product to india my home town

tofuji

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tofuji

Sweet. I bought this specifically to put on OnSkreen Cornerstone.

http://www.onskreen.com/cornerstone/

Their official builds are "for the Motorola Xoom WiFi Only device (Wingray)." They have an Ice Cream Sandwich build and a Jelly Bean build available.

sva777

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sva777

I got mine on woot a year and a half ago and it works great. It updated to 4.1 Jelly Bean about 6 months ago automatically. Get the Bear Motion case its the best and if the dock comes on woot again its great because it has speakers built in and you can use it as a small mp3 player.