Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2744 Private Messages lichme

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3303 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

check out this review from pcworld

http://www.pcworld.com/article/249581/canon_pixma_mg3120_wireless_inkjet_photo_all_in_one_review_a_nice_bargain_sabotaged_by_consumables_.html

DennisEChung

quality posts: 66 Private Messages DennisEChung

Is this Airprint compatible? I had a Canon PIXMA that wasn't and had to print from an ipad using screen shots and a Canon printer app.

I found cheap printer cartridges for mine at Compandsave.com but mine were individual colors, not tri.

lichme

quality posts: 2744 Private Messages lichme

Fixed Video - not much to it, but it has a fancy song!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

DennisEChung wrote:Is this Airprint compatible? I had a Canon PIXMA that wasn't and had to print from an ipad using screen shots and a Canon printer app.

I found cheap printer cartridges for mine at Compandsave.com but mine were individual colors, not tri.

From the features:

AirPrint: Take advantage of Wi-Fi connectivity and print what you see on your compatible iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-in-One. Print photos, emails, web pages and other documents directly to these devices whether you're in another room or in a different section of the house. No need to install drivers, saving you time and creating a seamless user experience

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

philosophersean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages philosophersean

I've had poor success in remanufacturing the ink for this printer (the PG-240/CL-241 cartridges). Unlike their earlier cousin cartridges (PG-30/40/51/210 and CL-31/41/51/211), the printers seem to have spotty luck with accepting refills.

Expect to buy retail ink for some time if you buy this machine.

sillycece

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sillycece

"Windows® 7, Windows Vista® , Windows XP and typewriter OS® X v10.4.11 to v10.6.x"

Does that mean it will for sure NOT work with my typewriter OS 10.8.2?? Anyone with Lion or Mountain Lion here have one of these?

Spazkatt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Spazkatt

After a terrible experince with an Epson printer that lasted less than a year. I then purchased a Pixima i3000, it was the best printer I ever had and lasted me many college term papers and several years after college until my husband killed it. I came home to ink all over my white wall, ink all over my husband and a printer that was no longer operable. To this day he refuses to explain what went wrong with my beloved printer, so I site operator error. Based solely on the brand and my past experience I am in for one!

LordofDoom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LordofDoom

I've had one of these for a while now. The ink does not last very long, technically, and I fill with 240XL cartridges; I do a lot of B+W printing. But here's the thing, it keeps printing when the black ink appears out. I just keep printing until things are faded and I don't trust the gauge shown on the printer/PC. All in all it feels like a good and trustworthy printer to me, although if you shop around, there may be other, more stingy/frugal printers out there.

sillycece

sillycece wrote:"Windows® 7, Windows Vista® , Windows XP and Mac OS® X v10.4.11 to v10.6.x"

Does that mean it will for sure NOT work with my Mac OS 10.8.2?? Anyone with Lion or Mountain Lion here have one of these?

I think I just answered my own question. I went to the Canon website after looking at an Amazon review and found all the necessary drives I can download for Mac OS X 10.8.2.

This also has what you might need to download to use AirPrint (under Drivers & Software, select your OS and then click on Firmware):

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/photo_all_in_one_inkjet_printers/pixma_mg3120

sillycece

DennisEChung wrote:Is this Airprint compatible? I had a Canon PIXMA that wasn't and had to print from an ipad using screen shots and a Canon printer app.

The Canon site has what you might need to download to use AirPrint (under Drivers & Software, select your OS and then click on Firmware):

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/photo_all_in_one_inkjet_printers/pixma_mg3120

missyscove

quality posts: 12 Private Messages missyscove

I have an MG4100 that I've had for about 2 years now and I've been very happy with it. The wireless printing was easy to set up and I can print from my laptop or my iphone without having to leave the comfort of my bed.

dickrourke

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dickrourke

I've seen $50 AiO printers from several companies lately that get good reviews but also are unchallenged for cartridge supply by 3's parties.

And as indicated above, replacement inks, good for 300 pages, may cost nearly as much as the printer. Hmm. That must mean...

faketoos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages faketoos

I've had three Pixmas over the past several years and loved them. If you are really going to crank out a lot of full-color printing like I do, look into a CISS from Rihac.com in Australia. They are a bit pricey to start with, but the ink is far superior to even the official Canon inks. (One of my printers hasn't had to be cleaned in over three years; the ink is that pure.) And eventually, it's about 10% the cost of even generic inks. The system has paid for itself many times over.

cosmicac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cosmicac

Does the code TAXSUCKS still work?

sdc100

quality posts: 503 Private Messages sdc100
Spazkatt wrote:After a terrible experince with an Epson printer that lasted less than a year. I then purchased a Pixima i3000, it was the best printer I ever had and lasted me many college term papers and several years after college until my husband killed it. I came home to ink all over my white wall, ink all over my husband and a printer that was no longer operable. To this day he refuses to explain what went wrong with my beloved printer, so I site operator error. Based solely on the brand and my past experience I am in for one!

Sounds like kinky husband "violated" the poor printer in your absence...

sdc100

quality posts: 503 Private Messages sdc100
cosmicac wrote:Does the code TAXSUCKS still work?

Not for me. I first found this out yesterday, during the Wootoff. I'm still arguing with Woot staff over this because invalidating TAXSUCKS was never announced. I went with the purchase anyway, thinking that there was a system error. But the staff said that the code was no longer valid. Had I known that, I may not have made the purchase since other places may have sold the item for about $5 more but didn;t charge tax -- and offer refunds (which Woot doesn't).

cosmicac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cosmicac
sdc100 wrote:Not for me. I first found this out yesterday, during the Wootoff. I'm still arguing with Woot staff over this because invalidating TAXSUCKS was never announced. I went with the purchase anyway, thinking that there was a system error. But the staff said that the code was no longer valid. Had I known that, I may not have made the purchase since other places may have sold the item for about $5 more but didn;t charge tax -- and offer refunds (which Woot doesn't).

Thanks for the info. Yup not going to pull the trigger on it. Taxsucks Cover-Up! What happened to you Woot. I thought you were someone I could trust.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cosmicac wrote:Does the code TAXSUCKS still work?

We're really bummed but we're no longer able to offer that code. Don't hurt us!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

btclizkc84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btclizkc84

$39.99 on OfficeMax site

drpuzzle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drpuzzle
pencilrourke wrote:I've seen $50 AiO printers from several companies lately that get good reviews but also are unchallenged for cartridge supply by 3's parties.

And as indicated above, replacement inks, good for 300 pages, may cost nearly as much as the printer. Hmm. That must mean...

You're exactly right - completely disposable printer. I have an MP495, and if I didn't like it for itself so much I would quit buying ink cartridges and just buy another printer. But these are apparently the same print and scanner engines, which are great for all of my purposes. Except for scanning slides. I have an Epson Photoscan I can use for scanning old slides and negatives, so that is not a big deal.

The Canon scanner software lets me do a pretty fair job of cleaning up all of those old prints, even the 110 and photo disk cameras, by the way. The prints come out beautiful due to the FINE inks and, like with that other firm whose name starts with an H and ends with a P, these ink cartridges contain the print head, so you get a new print head every time, too.

xninjagrrl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl

I picked up a MG8120 for dirt cheap last year and it has been great. No AirPrint on my model but I would never use that feature. It's not very good on ink. I am constantly having to order cartridges but they are 2-6 bucks on Amazon. Some of the cheapy ones leak everywhere, some dont. It's a gamble. Picture quality is good with my Pixma but you wont want to print out resumes on these. Laser printer all the way for crisp text.

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

AutobahnSHO

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AutobahnSHO

Anyone know how fast it scans??
I have an older Lexmark all-in-one which requires EVERY page to
-hit the scan button
-pick which computer to scan to
-wait a minute for the scanner to list all the programs possible to scan to
-pick the program
-pusht the color or black and white button

EVERY PAGE takes like 2+ minutes. :-<

doctharock

quality posts: 1 Private Messages doctharock

You can get the newer model (3122) from Walmart for the same price, and if you order online, you get free shipping. I have one and I have to say it is an excellent printer for the price! Wireless, duplex, and airprint work super easy. I didn't have to do any configuring for airprint to work, just fyi.

doctharock

quality posts: 1 Private Messages doctharock
AutobahnSHO wrote:Anyone know how fast it scans??
I have an older Lexmark all-in-one which requires EVERY page to
-hit the scan button
-pick which computer to scan to
-wait a minute for the scanner to list all the programs possible to scan to
-pick the program
-pusht the color or black and white button

EVERY PAGE takes like 2+ minutes. :-<

It's pretty quick, probably about 10 seconds a page if you are just scanning and printing. Takes a bit longer if you are using the scan program on the pc or mac but not much.

psac42

quality posts: 5 Private Messages psac42

I don't have this model, but I have a different Canon Pixma with AirPrint and it's excellent. Highly recommend. The convenience of AirPrint can't be understated if you own iDevices.

offgridmanpolktn

quality posts: 6 Private Messages offgridmanpolktn

Some help please. I see the comments about printing from an iphone but what about android? Specifically can it be run from my wireless hotspot on the Galaxy Nexus or original Xoom tablet or a Moto Droid X2. Dont have wifi at home so we need to be able to print from these devices. Thank you in advance to anyone that can help with this.

j0hnlind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages j0hnlind

While I am a fan of Canon printers, I'd go with one that has SEPARATE color ink cartridges. On this one, when one color goes, you'll be throwing the others away.

russwjohns

quality posts: 16 Private Messages russwjohns

Warning Will Robinson... Doesn't use individual ink cartridges. Uses a single tri-color cartridge. And to think that Canon was one of the early advocates for multiple cartridge usage. Check out ink costs RED STAPLER!

TCayer

quality posts: 9 Private Messages TCayer

I have the Canon Pixma large format printer. I'm a big fan of Canon's customer service! They've taken good care of me with both my BJC600 Bubble Jet printer way back when, and my SD100 Digital camera! I own 4 Canon cameras as well. I don't need this, but wouldn't hesitate to buy another Canon product.

BTW- No fax, so "all-in-one" is a tad misleading... Just sayin'

minnemike

quality posts: 2 Private Messages minnemike
offgridmanpolktn wrote:Some help please. I see the comments about printing from an iphone but what about android? Specifically can it be run from my wireless hotspot on the Galaxy Nexus or original Xoom tablet or a Moto Droid X2. Dont have wifi at home so we need to be able to print from these devices. Thank you in advance to anyone that can help with this.

I second this.... what about android for the airprint thingy? IOS is soooo 2009.

amantiado

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amantiado
btclizkc84 wrote:$39.99 on OfficeMax site

+1

true559

quality posts: 23 Private Messages true559
offgridmanpolktn wrote:Some help please. I see the comments about printing from an iphone but what about android? Specifically can it be run from my wireless hotspot on the Galaxy Nexus or original Xoom tablet or a Moto Droid X2. Dont have wifi at home so we need to be able to print from these devices. Thank you in advance to anyone that can help with this.

The best thing to do is set up a wifi network. This printer is a cinch to add to your network. Once you do that, just get a printing app like PrinterShare and you can print to almost any networked printer. I use my android devices to print as above all the time. If thats not possible Cannon might have a free app that will allow you to print in an ad-hoc fashion directly from android to printer.

bluemaple

quality posts: 73 Private Messages bluemaple
minnemike wrote:I second this.... what about android for the airprint thingy? IOS is soooo 2009.

Hey, be nice. Why do Androiders feel the need to trash iOSrs? You see far less trashing going the other way. (We have both types of devices and they both have their advantages.)

Hopefully you now also see the irony of trashing an iOS feature you don't know how to do on your Android. BTW, there are Android apps that print.

lmconrad73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lmconrad73

I just purchased one of these...for a few dollars more. Grrr.

I'm a Mac user, running Mountain Lion 10.8.2. It was a breeze to set up for wireless printing and I have to say the print quality is better than I expected.

I have almost all Apple products and they seem to work well with the printer. I have not used the scanner...yet.

Hope this helps any Mac users.

Kajo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kajo
btclizkc84 wrote:$39.99 on OfficeMax site

I was too slow, they're sold out.

blissfool

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blissfool
LordofDoom wrote: I do a lot of B+W printing. ...

Perhaps a laser printer is a better option for you?

nmplumerias

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nmplumerias

Does anyone know if it will print a mirror image of your document? I can't find that in the specs anywhere. Thanks!

omoomo

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omoomo
LordofDoom wrote:I've had one of these for a while now. The ink does not last very long, technically, and I fill with 240XL cartridges; I do a lot of B+W printing. But here's the thing, it keeps printing when the black ink appears out. I just keep printing until things are faded and I don't trust the gauge shown on the printer/PC. All in all it feels like a good and trustworthy printer to me, although if you shop around, there may be other, more stingy/frugal printers out there.

I love Canon printers, but their "ink gauges" are virtually worthless. It's told us that the Magenta ink cartridge has been empty for close to at least 100 prints.

Keep printing until they look bad, would be my advice.