WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pinnacle Takes You Highest

"I'm the pinnacle," said the late-20th century thinker J. Todd Smith. "That means I reign supreme. I'm notorious. I'll crush you like a jellybean." While we can't vouch for these speakers' jellybean-crushing capacity, we happily confirm that Pinnacle does indeed reign supreme.
Pinnacle Speakers official site

Quality Posts

kabraxcis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kabraxcis

So I've been meaning to get a sub for a while and as I have a set of hs50m's, I was leaning towards hs10w, should i just get one of these subs?

jnam22

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jnam22

Hey guys, here's my two cents as I have purchased both the 9 Element soundbar and the 2.1 Ch / Subwoofer combo soundbar.

I've installed the 2.1 channel upstairs in my bedroom below my 46" Toshiba that I purchased from Woot! Thought process being that I really dont need (but of course want) surround sound while im laying in bed but as I do watch some action films, this seemed just right.

Installation was easy. The 2.1 soundbar comes with the cardboard outline of iteself and a leveler (if I recall correctly) so you can get it installed right! That alone made life easy.

To the quality. I think the soundbar is great! I am not an audiophile by any means, but I've found the sound is crisp and really makes watching HI-Def worth it. My only complaint is that, being so new, I rely on preset profiles the remote comes with, I.e. "Movie, Sport, Game, Music, TV etc". You'd think the Movie one would work great for.. well movies. But while the ambient sounds and background music is clear, its overpowering compared to the dialogue. So changing the settings to "TV" while watching a movie is a good mix between both and somewhat solves this. But doing so I just feel like I'm missing out on some Bass or audio features just so I'm able to make out the dialogue. I mean who watches the lastes action flick with explosions in TV mode?

The second soundbar, the 9 Element I bought by mistake. I was thinking that the full retail of this soundbar is just as much or slightly more than the full retail of the soundbar/sub combo. I figured I'm getting more bang for my buck for buying this one. Later in the evening, Pinnacle stated that this sound bar REQUIRES A RECEIVER as it is a higher end soundbar. I have the Pioneer Elite, purchses from woot, but havn't set it up yet and I'm not going to have a receiver in my bedroom. After reading further the 2.1 soundbar has an amp built in, so no receiver needed. I ended up purchasing both and didn't return the 9 element. So I cannot comment on the 9 yet as it's still in the box.

Hope this helps!

pinnaclespeakers

quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
kabraxcis wrote:So I've been meaning to get a sub for a while and as I have a set of hs50m's, I was leaning towards hs10w, should i just get one of these subs?

Hello Woot Community. Arin with Pinnacle speakers here to assist with any questions. In the company's 37 year history I have been with Pinnacle for 7 years and am qualified for handling most questions. If I do not know, I work directly for one of the owners (Pinnacle is a family business) so I will get you all the best and most accurate information I can. Fire away.

danger1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danger1

What is the wt on the 5.1 surround system. MB1100. Can they be ceiling mounted and do the speakers have the ability to screwed in to a ceiling mount. Thanks in advance. DA

pinnaclespeakers

kabraxcis wrote:So I've been meaning to get a sub for a while and as I have a set of hs50m's, I was leaning towards hs10w, should i just get one of these subs?

Our baby Boomer is the top of our line in a compact format. The dual and ACTIVE 8" drivers is the bass equivalent of at least a very serious 12". However, using 8" drivers the subwoofer is faster making it more accurate and better for music than a 12" and virtually all 10" subwoofers. We are basing our assessment on $1,000 subwoofers.

gfreek12000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gfreek12000

Are the BD 500's still being manufactured or have they been replaced with another line ??

pinnaclespeakers

danger1 wrote:What is the wt on the 5.1 surround system. MB1100. Can they be ceiling mounted and do the speakers have the ability to screwed in to a ceiling mount. Thanks in advance. DA

Hi, Pinnacle Speakers here. The system weighs about 56 pounds. You have several mounting options with the rear or front satellites. They come with a keyhole notch and also a 1/4" 20 Threaded insert to accept after market brackets. You can use the 1/4" 20 T-nut to hang from the ceiling.
http://pinnaclespeakers.com/bd100_ii.html#specs.........this link shows you clear views of the rear of the product. The SCREW in the rear reveals the T nut.

rkoenig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rkoenig

Late last year I picked up:
Pinnacle Speakers 5.1 Channel 1000W Home Theater System MB11500+
and
Pinnacle Speakers Coffee Break 9 Wood 9-Element Speaker Bar

To put together an economical 7.1 system (albiet I did end up with an extra speaker (LCR).)

Together the combination was great while it lasted. About two weeks into the setup, the AMP in the sub started blowing fuses. Now, I have to say that Pinnacle has been very attentive to the issue, and I am awaiting return of a (hopefully) repaired AMP.

Someone was asking about the speakers. They can be hung from the ceiling and/or on wall brackets; but are a little heavy for the cheapest brackets. They come standard with keyhole and a single mount machine screw so you could use either.

So far I'm happy with the speakers, and the customer service.

kbrod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kbrod

I hope you guys bring back the towers and BD center on here. Been waiting for months to pick them up from you. If I could afford them at regular price, I'd have them by now.

mrln

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrln
kbrod wrote:I hope you guys bring back the towers and BD center on here. Been waiting for months to pick them up from you. If I could afford them at regular price, I'd have them by now.

Agreed, what they offer here seems a bit random. Would buy a couple sets of the BD500s if the previous center were available. Some of the stuff in their offering seems mismatched lineup-wise (like those towers before were without the current center but had a BD center available then) although I'm sure they'll work fine together. Though I'd more prefer a BD line of tower instead of what they had before.

kabraxcis

So are the baby boomers about to be discontinued? or are they already so?

the price between the baby boomers and the hs10w are similar, and if the baby boomers are soon discontinued I would either buy the lower class on woot right now or mull a bit on the hs10w

and the 12" sub seems to have 1 RCA input and no? output. How would connecting this work? I have PC-USB-DAC-RCA*2-HS50M*2 and have never used a sub before.

vanevenhoven

quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

Also agreed - been waiting on two of the sfittwr 1050s for a few months. I have two already, but need two more. I'll post some more info on Pinnacle in a bit - but let me say how high the level of customer service has been with these. Arin is the bees knees and the products are remarkable. If you're on the fence, pull the trigger.

(Arin....TT.....are there sfit 1050s in that big warehouse of yours?)

mrln wrote:Agreed, what they offer here seems a bit random. Would buy a couple sets of the BD500s if the previous center were available. Some of the stuff in their offering seems mismatched lineup-wise (like those towers before were without the current center but had a BD center available then) although I'm sure they'll work fine together. Though I'd more prefer a BD line of tower instead of what they had before.

vanevenhoven

quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

Hi Arin, Woot,

The center 3 element channel ($79) was $69 last time you offered it in January (Jan 19th sale). I was out of town and missed the event - so I'm getting it now, but I thought it would be at $69?

The new lower price for the 11500 1000W at $499 is a steal.

pinnaclespeakers

gfreek12000 wrote:Are the BD 500's still being manufactured or have they been replaced with another line ??

This offer is for BD 500. BD 500 seriesll is also out on the market.

pinnaclespeakers

mrln wrote:Agreed, what they offer here seems a bit random. Would buy a couple sets of the BD500s if the previous center were available. Some of the stuff in their offering seems mismatched lineup-wise (like those towers before were without the current center but had a BD center available then) although I'm sure they'll work fine together. Though I'd more prefer a BD line of tower instead of what they had before.

Woot gets superb and exclusive offers that are based on our availability. So, sometimes this is the mix and next time other items. If you are inclined to purchase BD 500 we think snagging them now is best. We had a limited # for this opportunity. Next time you may have a chance at BD 300, but we ourselves at Pinnacle never know. So, taking them while they are here is strongly advised.

pinnaclespeakers

vanevenhoven wrote:Hi Arin, Woot,

The center 3 element channel ($79) was $69 last time you offered it in January (Jan 19th sale). I was out of town and missed the event - so I'm getting it now, but I thought it would be at $69?

The new lower price for the 11500 1000W at $499 is a steal.

Hi and thank you for your loyal support. In this instance you are still getting a product sold everywhere else for 3x the price of this Woot deal. As you observed, the new lower price on MB11500+ is quite a bargain.

kbrod

mrln wrote:Though I'd more prefer a BD line of tower instead of what they had before.

Wouldn't we all?

pinnaclespeakers wrote:If you are inclined to purchase BD 500 we think snagging them now is best. We had a limited # for this opportunity. Next time you may have a chance at BD 300, but we ourselves at Pinnacle never know. So, taking them while they are here is strongly advised.

But building a system piece by piece is so annoying! I'd be building a fresh 7.2, so I'd pick up the BD 500's for the rear and sides, and boomers for the subs, but then I have no front channels, and I'm missing the most important part of the system. Seems wrong.

kbrod

pinnaclespeakers wrote:This offer is for BD 500. BD 500 seriesll is also out on the market.

What's the difference?

WFCinMKE

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WFCinMKE
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Our baby Boomer is the top of our line in a compact format. The dual and ACTIVE 8" drivers is the bass equivalent of at least a very serious 12". However, using 8" drivers the subwoofer is faster making it more accurate and better for music than a 12" and virtually all 10" subwoofers. We are basing our assessment on $1,000 subwoofers.

So I purchased both the PS SUB 225 and the 8" Baby Boomer in the last 2 offerings. I bought the PS 225 because I am cheap, but it didn't match my setup at all so I ordered the Baby Boomer the next time around. The PS 225 sounds ok, but comes off as just a big 12" in a box. The Baby Boomer on the other had sounds awesome; low distortion even when cranked, very good range, and a lot of ability to tune it to my/your likes.

My only complaint on the Boomer was that it came packaged like crap... it came its original box, but had been put in an Amazon box that was 2x the size with no padding at all... just to shine me on there was also a foot print on the outside of the Pinnacle box like it had been used as a step... arggg...

kabraxcis

WFCinMKE wrote:So I purchased both the PS SUB 225 and the 8" Baby Boomer in the last 2 offerings. I bought the PS 225 because I am cheap, but it didn't match my setup at all so I ordered the Baby Boomer the next time around. The PS 225 sounds ok, but comes off as just a big 12" in a box. The Baby Boomer on the other had sounds awesome; low distortion even when cranked, very good range, and a lot of ability to tune it to my/your likes.

My only complaint on the Boomer was that it came packaged like crap... it came its original box, but had been put in an Amazon box that was 2x the size with no padding at all... just to shine me on there was also a foot print on the outside of the Pinnacle box like it had been used as a step... arggg...

so can you tell me how you hooked up the 12" one to your system? what input/output is on the rear side?

WFCinMKE

kabraxcis wrote:so can you tell me how you hooked up the 12" one to your system? what input/output is on the rear side?

On the rear you have a power cord. That goes into the wall. Also there is a RCA jack labeled "line in" which hooks into the preout on your receiver, you can use the included cable for that connection. There are no outputs. There is a knob for volume adjustment... pretty bare bones.

kabraxcis

WFCinMKE wrote:On the rear you have a power cord. That goes into the wall. Also there is a RCA jack labeled "line in" which hooks into the preout on your receiver, you can use the included cable for that connection. There are no outputs. There is a knob for volume adjustment... pretty bare bones.

so my issue is that I have a DAC and two active speakers in a PC-USB-DAC-RCA*2-HS50M*2 setup. with a somewhat expensive sub this would be PC-USB-DAC-RCA*2-sub-RCA*2-HS50M*2 with output from dac into sub, output from sub into speakers. how would you configure this setup with the Pinnacle 12" sub?

pinnaclespeakers

kabraxcis wrote:So are the baby boomers about to be discontinued? or are they already so?

the price between the baby boomers and the hs10w are similar, and if the baby boomers are soon discontinued I would either buy the lower class on woot right now or mull a bit on the hs10w

and the 12" sub seems to have 1 RCA input and no? output. How would connecting this work? I have PC-USB-DAC-RCA*2-HS50M*2 and have never used a sub before.

Baby Boomer has been a mainstay product of ours. It remains in the line with no plans to discontinue. This product is remarkably good. The 12" subwoofer connects easily to a receiver with a simple chord which we include. Same set up with baby Boomer, though baby boomer has many controls.

pinnaclespeakers

kbrod wrote:What's the difference?

They are substantially similar, but the series ll has some additional acoustic refinements in frequency range. Series ll sells around $500 cause it is brand new. Series 1 offered here is below dealer cost.

kabraxcis

pinnaclespeakers wrote:Baby Boomer has been a mainstay product of ours. It remains in the line with no plans to discontinue. This product is remarkably good. The 12" subwoofer connects easily to a receiver with a simple chord which we include. Same set up with baby Boomer, though baby boomer has many controls.

Great ! now I can buy the baby boomer with no worries

gregory280

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregory280

Does the 2.1 have a fm tuner?

WFCinMKE

kabraxcis wrote:so my issue is that I have a DAC and two active speakers in a PC-USB-DAC-RCA*2-HS50M*2 setup. with a somewhat expensive sub this would be PC-USB-DAC-RCA*2-sub-RCA*2-HS50M*2 with output from dac into sub, output from sub into speakers. how would you configure this setup with the Pinnacle 12" sub?

More details on your DAC? Like make/model... but in short there is no output from the PS225 so you will not be going USB-DAC-RCA-sub-speakers.

ras07

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ras07

I have the Denon AVR-1312 and the Klipsch Quintet 5-Piece Speaker System, both from previous Woots. Would this 12" powered subwoofer be a good match for that system in a home theater, or is it overkill? I'm an audio Milton*. (A man's gotta know his limitations.)

*Who's Milton, and why is he an Milton?

kabraxcis

WFCinMKE wrote:More details on your DAC? Like make/model... but in short there is no output from the PS225 so you will not be going USB-DAC-RCA-sub-speakers.

well i doubt my DAC make matters much, but it's a HRT music streamer II. I figured I wouldn't be doing USB-DAC-RCA-sub, but couldn't figure out what the solution would be. Can I USB-DAC-RCA1-SUB and RCA2-RCASplitter-Speakers*2?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ras07 wrote:I have the Denon AVR-1312 and the Klipsch Quintet 5-Piece Speaker System, both from previous Woots. Would this 12" powered subwoofer be a good match for that system in a home theater, or is it overkill? I'm an audio Milton*. (A man's gotta know his limitations.)

*Who's Milton, and why is he an Milton?

Milton

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ghostofdavid

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ghostofdavid

Need Speaker wires!!!zzzzzomgz

Suck it, Trebek.

pinnaclespeakers

kbrod wrote:But building a system piece by piece is so annoying! I'd be building a fresh 7.2, so I'd pick up the BD 500's for the rear and sides, and boomers for the subs, but then I have no front channels, and I'm missing the most important part of the system. Seems wrong.

I can say your tower desire is likely to be met......but BD 500 are this deal. So if you are comfortable with our guidance we think the BD 500 and Baby Boomer now, and the wait for balance will not be long.

pinnaclespeakers

ThunderThighs wrote:Milton

Well "AUDIO MILTON" you have already surpassed your own defined level with the Klipsch and Denon product. We always say, "PEOPLE MAY NOT KNOW GOOD SOUND WHEN THEY HEAR IT, BUT THEY ALWAYS KNOW BAD SOUND WHEN THEY HEAR IT"> It would not be right to use a low quality sub considering what you already have. So, the Baby Boomer is best match to the Quintet cause the woofers size in the Quintet is 3" or 4" and the woofers in Baby Boomer are 8". Also, Baby Boomer is exceptional for music. That is your best match and you will absolutely hear what you have been missing! We hope you trust our advise, we know we are right.

pinnaclespeakers

ghostofdavid wrote:Need Speaker wires!!!zzzzzomgz

Right, except the complete Systems MB 11500+ and MB 9500+ include Monster Cable 14 gauge wires.
We recommend 14-16 gauge wire for best sonic results.

pinnaclespeakers

pinnaclespeakers wrote:Right, except the complete Systems MB 11500+ and MB 9500+ include Monster Cable 14 gauge wires.

If you I got the memo to work with wires may we suggest FRONTROWSYS4500 that has a wireless powered subwoofer and Powered SOUNDBAR. This system is a simple few minute set up with one cable from the SOUNDBAR to TV and 1 Wireless subwoofer. Set up is a snap! Same for the just the SOUNDBAR FRONTROWPBAR 6200.

ghostofdavid

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ghostofdavid
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Right, except the complete Systems MB 11500+ and MB 9500+ include Monster Cable 14 gauge wires.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm shopping monoprice right now for them. I am ill prepared.

Suck it, Trebek.

kabraxcis

Okay, so I have a question on how to setup the baby boomer.

It has +- input/outputs, so should I RCA Split my two RCAs coming out of my DAC? and likewise for output?

so DAC-RCA*2-(bothSplitted)-BabyBoomer-RCA*4-(combinedIntoPairs)-Speakers*2?

or, for that matter how would I set up the 12" sub that only has one input? would it be DAC-RCA*2-RCA1 IntoSub and RCA2 split into two speakers?

pinnaclespeakers

gregory280 wrote:Does the 2.1 have a fm tuner?

It does have an input for media players, but does not have an FM tuner.

kbrod

pinnaclespeakers wrote:I can say your tower desire is likely to be met......but BD 500 are this deal. So if you are comfortable with our guidance we think the BD 500 and Baby Boomer now, and the wait for balance will not be long.

Ugh. But that's torment! I'd have the auxiliary components, not the mains! Such torture....