Staff

Poll: What’s your eBay experience?
  • 47.5% - I’ve bought stuff, but never sold. 742
  • 0.5% - I’ve sold stuff, but never bought. 8
  • 40.2% - I’ve both bought and sold stuff. 629
  • 10.3% - I’ve never used it. 161
  • 1.5% - I’m that jerk who tanked your seller rating. 23
1563 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

bblhed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages bblhed

I have bought a lot of stuff, but I only sold one item and it was a total hassle and I ended up lousing money because of postage and fees.

moose123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moose123

It was a happy day when I realized I could block e-bay from Google search.

blackhawk74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blackhawk74

You have no idea how close I was to voting for the last option just because of how funny it was

-IRT

zollars23

quality posts: 15 Private Messages zollars23

I used to do both, then PayPal changed their policies and won't allow me to verify my address without a land-line phone. I haven't had one in over 10 years.

So, I now have an unused eBay account and an unusuable PayPal account. Oh, they won't let me cancel my PayPal account either for the exact same reason. Glad I've changed banks since then.

(V) (;,,;) (V) <---Zoidberg

{img]https://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/712b9375-5487-4897-baf4-2212baf8dbca.png[/img]

entouragevol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages entouragevol

I hate ebay and paypal. Both accounts got hacked once and thousands of dollars of stuff got sent to Hong Kong. Even though I had a verified address. Paypal gave me crap, so he just had my bank take care of it. Plus I tried to sell a rare Mountain Dew green XBox years ago. My rating was low so I didnt get much for it, even though guys with higher rating got more than twice was I had to sell it at.

desi_woot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages desi_woot

I love love ebay and paypal. Ebay, mostly from welfare perspective. I have sold close to ~$5000 worth of stuff last year most of which would have other wise ended up at Goodwill. Not to mention about finding stuff for a good price when i am looking to buy electronics, books etc.

madmatt2024

quality posts: 2 Private Messages madmatt2024

I've bought and sold stuff on Ebay for quite some time but I don't like what its turning into. Among other things, sellers not being able to leave negative feedback and Ebay owns Paypal yet you have to pay a fee to both of them when you sell an item. I just sold a $10 video game and ended up paying almost $2 in fees for the privilege of selling it!

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

I enjoyed it more when it was mostly individuals selling their excess stuff. Now it seems to be mostly retailers selling cheap imports. That being said, I will search for and buy needful things virtually unavailable elsewhere. (Say, a replacement controller for a garage door opener that hasn't been made in 20 years.) And I've only sold one item, which went for a tidy profit. Good experience but I don't have time put into selling regularly.