WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Targus Laptop Charger w/ Phone Battery

Speed to First Woot:
2m 30.000s
First Sucker:
theph03n1x
Last Wooter to Woot:
WhtHawk
Last Purchase:
2 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 3% of Electronics Woots
Top 37% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 3% of Electronics Woots
Top 10% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 11% first woot
  • 5% second woot
  • 28% < 10 woots
  • 24% < 25 woots
  • 33% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 8% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 1% one month old
  • 14% one year old
  • 77% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 85% bought 1
  • 10% bought 2
  • 5% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

6%
4%
3%
1%
2%
2%
3%
6%
7%
6%
8%
6%
4%
4%
4%
5%
5%
4%
3%
3%
3%
3%
4%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3495 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

check out this overview straight from Targus. Even has a nifty video to watch

http://www.targus.com/us/productdetail.aspx?regionId=7&sku=APM035US

spikedknight


quality posts: 5 Private Messages spikedknight

Hmm, manufacturer site says "Laptop charger compatible with: HP, Compaq, Dell, Acer, Toshiba, Gateway, IBM, Lenovo, Asus, Sony, Fujitsu and more; Backup battery compatible with any Smartphone"
If I could get a tip for my A500 I'd be all over this already, would be my all in 1 travel charger

profile V 2.0

bolts


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bolts

This seems like a great deal.

The backup battery alone is worth more than the price of the whole charger assuming it works as it should and targus is a good brand so no reason why it shouldn't... right?

PriNT


quality posts: 1 Private Messages PriNT

Here is their form to check on your computer's compatibility.

http://www.targus.com/us/power.aspx

Even entering the charger's model number "APM035US" seems to bring up a plethora of "We are currently determining the compatibility." Don't write it off though because there are some that popped up stating that it was compatible.

2 3 5 7

lboban


quality posts: 12 Private Messages lboban

I bought this to aid in my eternal quest to find chargers that will be useful with my Nexus 7, Nexus 4, and Asus T300. For some reason, my Android devices are very particular about their power sources. They seem to only want to mate with the wall warts they came with.

The tool on the Targus website says they are still trying to determine compatibility for these devices. But for $35.00 this will at least give me a smaller brick for my Dell laptop.

If this ever comes up again I'll let you know how it turns out.

Phillystyle


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Phillystyle

Hey. If anyone has experience with these types of battery backups for mobile devices I'd like to know something. If I charge it and it just sits in my bag, about how long (generally speaking) can these battery packs sit in there and still be ready to go when I need it?

Thanks.


landsnark


quality posts: 10 Private Messages landsnark

Buy three! I've ended up having to buy new chargers for my last two laptops, and since it was an emergency when their chargers died, I had to suck it up and pay $80 each for the replacements. Having bought, now, 6 (iGo) chargers from Woot, I have chargers in my office, on my desk at home, in my backpack, and in the laptop bag I carry to classes, plus an extra in the closet and one I gave to my hubs when his died. It's a significant quality-of-life improvement not to have to remember to carry my charger with me from home to work and back (more than once, in the old days, I either wasn't able to use my computer at home because I left my charger at work, or had to dash home from work in the middle of the day to get it.)

If I didn't already have a charger everywhere I can imagine needing one, I'd be all over this!

Phillystyle


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Phillystyle
landsnark wrote:Buy three! I've ended up having to buy new chargers for my last two laptops, and since it was an emergency when their chargers died, I had to suck it up and pay $80 each for the replacements. Having bought, now, 6 (iGo) chargers from Woot, I have chargers in my office, on my desk at home, in my backpack, and in the laptop bag I carry to classes, plus an extra in the closet and one I gave to my hubs when his died. It's a significant quality-of-life improvement not to have to remember to carry my charger with me from home to work and back (more than once, in the old days, I either wasn't able to use my computer at home because I left my charger at work, or had to dash home from work in the middle of the day to get it.)

If I didn't already have a charger everywhere I can imagine needing one, I'd be all over this!




Sometimes people think I'm a little nutty, but I like redundancies too. :o)

roadkill69


quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadkill69

If only it would charge my new MACBOOK PRO RETINA

debkipf


quality posts: 0 Private Messages debkipf
Phillystyle wrote:Hey. If anyone has experience with these types of battery backups for mobile devices I'd like to know something. If I charge it and it just sits in my bag, about how long (generally speaking) can these battery packs sit in there and still be ready to go when I need it?

Thanks.



I have a jumper battery (not this exact one) and as long as it is turned off I have left it for a week and it still had a full charge when I went to use it.

akrs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages akrs

If the compatibility checker says you need a different tip, you can pick it up here:
http://www.targus.com/us/productlist.aspx?regionId=7&productCategoryId=24#dGFiPSZkbGVuZ3RoPTAmZHdpZHRoPTAmZGhlaWdodD0wJmxhc3RpdGVtPSZzb3J0Ynk9


And there seems to be a rebate program for free tips here:
http://www.targus.com/us/content.aspx?page=tipsfromtargus

sdasher


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdasher

If you're thinking of calling the Targus compatibility line, it's not open until 10am Eastern on Monday. Their calls are being patched thru to another dept over the weekend and those reps may not be able to help you.

davearnold731


quality posts: 0 Private Messages davearnold731

Can I charge my laptop in the car with this? Keep looking at the pictures and wondering if I can use a USB charger and then connect it to my laptop? THANKS

David D Arnold

95m3ltw


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 95m3ltw
davearnold731 wrote:Can I charge my laptop in the car with this? Keep looking at the pictures and wondering if I can use a USB charger and then connect it to my laptop? THANKS



No, this is a wall charger only. You could use this charger or the factory laptop charger with a 12v to 110v converter that plugs into a cig lighter and they typically run around $30+

davearnold731


quality posts: 0 Private Messages davearnold731

Thanks for the quick answer, will keep looking.

95m3ltw wrote:No, this is a wall charger only. You could use this charger or the factory laptop charger with a 12v to 110v converter that plugs into a cig lighter and they typically run around $30+



David D Arnold

masshuum


quality posts: 19 Private Messages masshuum
davearnold731 wrote:Thanks for the quick answer, will keep looking.



This may charge your laptop:
http://tech.woot.com/offers/mobile-laptop-charger

ugrasse2


quality posts: 6 Private Messages ugrasse2
lboban wrote:I bought this to aid in my eternal quest to find chargers that will be useful with my Nexus 7, Nexus 4, and Asus T300. For some reason, my Android devices are very particular about their power sources. They seem to only want to mate with the wall warts they came with.



I've had no issues charging the Nexus 4 or 7 with standard 5V 2.1A chargers. There's one on woot's mama for $10 that has two USB jacks that works. Both devices also charge with a cheap chinese (dual-jack) chinese charger found on ebay. The Nexus 7 is an Asus device, and it doesn't seem to want to charge on any phone (1A) charger.

The Asus TF300T is an utter mess. I have been unable to even find a replacement cable for it that works, much less a charger, other than the extortion-priced ASUS branded one. From what I was able to determine, it charges at 12V using the extended USB3 power spec.

ugrasse2


quality posts: 6 Private Messages ugrasse2
roadkill69 wrote:If only it would charge my new MACBOOK PRO RETINA



I got two refurb 85W chargers for $35 each and the $10 Magsafe2 adapter. Problem solved, for less than the price of one new one.

Gabbahey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gabbahey

Did anyone else receive the Targus Mobile Charger (aka cigarette lighter plug) instead of the laptop charger with phone battery?

Shuffling off to customer service now.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Gabbahey wrote:Did anyone else receive the Targus Mobile Charger (aka cigarette lighter plug) instead of the laptop charger with phone battery?

Shuffling off to customer service now.



oy. yup, emailing Support@Woot.com is the right call. sorry about that.

if anybody else had that happen, too, please be sure to let us know.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

scotttampa


quality posts: 5 Private Messages scotttampa
PemberDucky wrote:oy. yup, emailing Support@Woot.com is the right call. sorry about that.

if anybody else had that happen, too, please be sure to let us know.



Yup, just opened mine, and it is the car charger one u guys were selling the day b4... out of over 100 orders though, this is the first error... hats off to woot, good job! Thanks!

rafmanne


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rafmanne

Anyone else have this happen?

- I purchased (2) Targus APM035US Laptop Charger with Smartphone Backup Battery [110AC in 19VDC out]
- What I received are (2) Targus APD80US MOBILE Laptop Charger with Backup Battery [Mobile 12VDC in 5VDC out]
I wanted the APM035US's because [as advertised & shown] simply because they are laptop WALL supplies with tip assortments... The batteries are just a plus [many usb devices will run/charge from these JumpPacks!]
- Contacted Woot, awaiting response...
* I'm not upset at all, I just want those for the REDUNDANCY of a backup laptop supply for troubleshooting/emergency!]
+ Except for this blooper, [bought over $1000 in last year ]
Woot Rocks!!!
Raf

afamily


quality posts: 0 Private Messages afamily
Gabbahey wrote:Did anyone else receive the Targus Mobile Charger (aka cigarette lighter plug) instead of the laptop charger with phone battery?

Shuffling off to customer service now.




Count me in the group that got the wrong product. emailing them now. Has anyone else heard from them?

As with everyone else I've made a lot of purchases from them without a problem. This just seems like something got setup wrong with one of their robotic carousels in one of their distribution centers.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

afamily wrote:Count me in the group that got the wrong product. emailing them now. Has anyone else heard from them?

As with everyone else I've made a lot of purchases from them without a problem. This just seems like something got setup wrong with one of their robotic carousels in one of their distribution centers.



Sorry to hear that some of you guys are receiving the wrong model #

Anyone who is encountering this same issue, please email into Woot Member Service at support@woot.com or use the Support Tab at the top of the page to put in a support ticket.


TinManCanDo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TinManCanDo
ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry to hear that some of you guys are receiving the wrong model #

Anyone who is encountering this same issue, please email into Woot Member Service at support@woot.com or use the Support Tab at the top of the page to put in a support ticket.



Got the same problem wrong product. Sent e-mail to support they sent me case #.

scotttampa


quality posts: 5 Private Messages scotttampa

Just got a return label in email... they also said they are sending replacement soon, so sounds like they are not waiting till they get this back, and are sending it out... thats the way it should be too, as we didnt order these and didnt get what we ordered... thanks woot for resolving the way it should be... and fellow wooters, be courteous and be sure to put label on and put in mailbox for woot, as we didnt pay for these...

Gabbahey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gabbahey
scotttampa wrote:Just got a return label in email... they also said they are sending replacement soon, so sounds like they are not waiting till they get this back, and are sending it out



Interesting.

The response I received said nothing about sending a replacement though I had indicated that was my first preference. It did include a return label, saying that I'd be issued a refund once they processed the return 7 - 10 days after receipt.

These cigarette lighter chargers were $19 vs $29.99 for the already-paid-for wall power cord / battery, right? But my entire refund is being held until an item I didn't order has it's return processed...and between parcel post mailing and processing time that will be 2 - 3 weeks.

Must be my bad luck. I have benefit of knowing that of my wife's many more woot purchases she hasn't run into this type of "leave a bad taste in your mouth" service issue. I've had two in four months. One item never shipped (refunded several weeks later) and now this.

Guess I'll leave the shopping to her from now on.

carpetsharkz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages carpetsharkz

Support is doing the same for me.
I asked for them to send me the item I ordered, after they offered that option to me.
I'm still waiting to get a response....

TinManCanDo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TinManCanDo

Anybody heard what Woot is doing about shipping us the wrong product.

I got a case # last week and haven't heard anything since

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

TinManCanDo wrote:Anybody heard what Woot is doing about shipping us the wrong product.

I got a case # last week and haven't heard anything since



a couple of departments have been scurrying around working on this. a resolution is in the works, but it's going to be a little longer, i'm afraid.


i'm very sorry for the trouble.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Phillystyle


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Phillystyle

I received the RIGHT model and it's pretty good. The AC adapter came with a tip that works with my Lappy486.

The battery backup for my phone so far has been less than stellar but not completely useless. I'm still trying to figure out how long the thing will sit in my bag and retain a useful charge. I'll check back when I is found the sweet spot.

Gabbahey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gabbahey

My return was picked up on 2/25. No refund, contact from customer service, or replacement.

Next step...contest the credit card charge.

danielisawinner


quality posts: 0 Private Messages danielisawinner
Gabbahey wrote:My return was picked up on 2/25. No refund, contact from customer service, or replacement.

Next step...contest the credit card charge.



We're very sorry for any delay in getting your refund back to you.

I did some digging and found that your order was delivered to us on 3/05. We ask that you allow up to 7-10 business days from the date of return for your return to be processed and refunded. Our returns department should be working on your return as we speak.

Feel free to shoot us an email if you have any other questions or concerns.

Gabbahey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gabbahey
danielisawinner wrote:
Our returns department should be working on your return as we speak.



Thanks very much Daniel, I appreciate the update.

burkc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages burkc

It looks like everyone who posted here got what they ordered, I didn't. I've bought a lot of stuff from WOOT and I'm shocked.
Instead of Targus APM035US Laptop Charger with Smartphone Backup Battery, I got a APD80US Targus mobile laptop and phone at once charger. Not what was indicated and worth a whole lot less money. I am very disappointed. This is of no use to me
So far, other than establishing a case #, I have heard nothing from woot.