WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pyle on the Electronics

We sure Pyle it on here at Tech.Woot. Every time you look, it seems like we've got a big steaming Pyle of Pyle audio stuff. Why? Because we like our sound like we like our corned beef sandwiches: Pyled high!
Pyle official site

kbrod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kbrod

Can the sound bar hook up to my TV without blue tooth?

Gobenlando

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gobenlando

I've been looking for a midi controller to make electronic beats since my appartment is too small for my drum set. Anyone have any experience with this? How is the touch response?

Ellimist28

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Ellimist28

I'm mad. If the car head unit had bluetooth, I'd probably be in for 3, and would have 1 in a heartbeat

gpartain

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gpartain
kbrod wrote:Can the sound bar hook up to my TV without blue tooth?

Yes, it has AUX1 and AUX2 RCA inputs on the back.

stinhoutx

quality posts: 11 Private Messages stinhoutx

My grandpa always spoke about his Pyles and how much they bothered him, but I don't recall seeing him with headphones.

ambrucker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ambrucker

I actually picked up the PSBV200BT last time it was offered. The sound is great and works with all my other stuff (record player, cd, etc).

The only down side, for me, it that it's rather large and I am currently having trouble getting a table to fit everything.

I am currently contemplating getting another for the bedroom.

jackwilliambell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackwilliambell

Does anyone know if the car unit can be upgraded to Bluetooth? Some units that ship without BT accept a BT module...

kbrod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kbrod
kbrod wrote:Can the sound bar hook up to my TV without blue tooth?

gpartain wrote:Yes, it has AUX1 and AUX2 RCA inputs on the back.

I'm sorry I wasn't more specific. My TV (LG LM4600) only has a Digital Optical Audio out, this has no audio in. I would need to get a converter then, wouldn't I?

jimmclrk1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimmclrk1

I got the PSBV200BT right before Christmas and I love it. It hooks up to my Motorola Atrix, my Kindle Fire HD, my girlfriend's MacBook, and her iPhone via bluetooth with absolutely no problems.

The range seems to be a solid 20-25 ft. before you get interference.

Long-Time-Woot-Stalker

saaaron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages saaaron

Pyle Pro PCMX265W
Battery Powered Portable PA System

Pros?
Cons?

What's with the Rechargeable Battery dying?

jbsocialwork

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbsocialwork

Pyle PLD33MU 3-Inch TFT/LCD Monitor DVD/VCD/MP3/MP4/CDR/SD/USB Player and AM/FM Receiver

Amazon has it for $66.89 with free shipping. So better deal there

jbsocialwork

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbsocialwork

Also there is a pretty neat product from the same company

Mouse over image to zoom
Have one to sell? Sell it yourself
NEW Pyle PLR27MPBU In-Dash Bluetooth AM/FM USB/SD Receiver iPod/MP3 AUX & Remote

That goes for $55 with shipping. Now there is no option with movies of course, but blue tooth is pretty cool.

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

I wouldn't touch anything with the Pyle name with a ten-foot pole. You have been warned.

kehylehr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kehylehr

Anyone know how big the chest strap is on the heart monitor GPS watch?

It also occurs to me to wonder if women can use one - can you get it to a workable spot around or through a bra?

kennyminot

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kennyminot

The car receiver looks kind of neat. I don't have the money now, but I'd probably go for it if I had $60 to blow.

allenhuber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allenhuber
firebirdude wrote:I wouldn't touch anything with the Pyle name with a ten-foot pole. You have been warned.

Why is that? I often see posts like this and no reason backing them up... I am legitimately curious as to why you dislike them so much, can you explain? I know nothing about pyle so I would take any criticism or praise about the brand into consideration.

Allen

htmcclure

quality posts: 0 Private Messages htmcclure

I bought 3 of the Pyle noise reducing headphones a while back. They were utter crap. You have to remove the speakers from the ear pieces and be careful not to break the wires, all just to replace the battery which drives the noise reducing. Perhaps the worst example of 'engineering' in history. Mine are already in the landfil.

traquy

quality posts: 54 Private Messages traquy

does anyone have the iPhone clock radio? Need something like this for hubby and the price looks good.

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude
allenhuber wrote:Why is that? I often see posts like this and no reason backing them up... I am legitimately curious as to why you dislike them so much, can you explain? I know nothing about pyle so I would take any criticism or praise about the brand into consideration.

Everything they make is flea-market cheap-as-possible garbage. Every product they make is designed to be the cheapest option for customers, which means they use the cheapest quality materials possible and little to no quality control. There was a period in my life where I didn't know any better and thought a Pyle LCD TV would be a nice buy...but quickly discovered why it was cheaper than the rest. Then I started installing mobile electronics for a living. I've seen my share of Pyle headunits, speakers, amplifiers, and flip-down TVs come into my shop for installation. They're all feather light and ultra cheap feeling/sounding. Then I see them again in a month when they come back into my shop complaining half the buttons on their headunit don't work anymore. I have to explain to them that nothing I do has any bearing on the functionality of the buttons on your headunit. It's just a garbage e-bay unit.

Search ebay for some cheap headunits for your car. One of the cheapest you'll find is Pyle. But the interesting thing is that some sellers refuse to even use the name "Pyle" in their listing. It'll just say something like "NEW SUPER MP3/CD/DVD CAR STEREO DIGITAL RADIO RECEIVER". Then you supersize the picture and clearly see the name Pyle on the headunit itself. It's dime-a-dozen no-name trash.

Sorry Woot. I hate to dump on your sales, but everything I said is completely true. Bring us something at least mid-range quality.

laurasean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laurasean

I'd like to know how a ukulele got mixed into to the electronics section! Can you plug it in? And I find it kind of funny that they won't ship it to Hawaii!!

loudermipr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages loudermipr
firebirdude wrote:Everything they make is flea-market cheap-as-possible garbage. Every product they make is designed to be the cheapest option for customers, which means they use the cheapest quality materials possible and little to no quality control. There was a period in my life where I didn't know any better and thought a Pyle LCD TV would be a nice buy...but quickly discovered why it was cheaper than the rest. Then I started installing mobile electronics for a living. I've seen my share of Pyle headunits, speakers, amplifiers, and flip-down TVs come into my shop for installation. They're all feather light and ultra cheap feeling/sounding. Then I see them again in a month when they come back into my shop complaining half the buttons on their headunit don't work anymore. I have to explain to them that nothing I do has any bearing on the functionality of the buttons on your headunit. It's just a garbage e-bay unit.

Search ebay for some cheap headunits for your car. One of the cheapest you'll find is Pyle. But the interesting thing is that some sellers refuse to even use the name "Pyle" in their listing. It'll just say something like "NEW SUPER MP3/CD/DVD CAR STEREO DIGITAL RADIO RECEIVER". Then you supersize the picture and clearly see the name Pyle on the headunit itself. It's dime-a-dozen no-name trash.

Sorry Woot. I hate to dump on your sales, but everything I said is completely true. Bring us something at least mid-range quality.

Yep would completely have to agree here STAY AWAY! I have a very loooong story about their poor customer service that I don't have time to post right now. Suffice it to say I spent three days calling them only to be received by an operator who would then transfer me to a "manager" who conveniently never answered so it went straight to a voice mailbox. This happened until I demanded not to be transferred or put on hold. I had ordered a turntable from them and it was DOA so I asked to return it and the said I would have to pay for shipping both ways and that there would be no tracking of the package i.e. they would not notify me when they arrived it, when they were sending it back, etc. Fortunately I was able to disassemble the turntable, re-solder some connections, and get it working, but definitely not worth the hassle.

I know I personally will never buy from them again, but shop at your own risk.

snorf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages snorf

The PPHP103MU is 800W not 600W. Love the sound. Always had problem hearing my laptop or tablet, but no more.

talktomeguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages talktomeguy
firebirdude wrote:Everything they make is flea-market cheap-as-possible garbage. Every product they make is designed to be the cheapest option for customers, which means they use the cheapest quality materials possible and little to no quality control. There was a period in my life where I didn't know any better and thought a Pyle LCD TV would be a nice buy...but quickly discovered why it was cheaper than the rest. Then I started installing mobile electronics for a living. I've seen my share of Pyle headunits, speakers, amplifiers, and flip-down TVs come into my shop for installation. They're all feather light and ultra cheap feeling/sounding. Then I see them again in a month when they come back into my shop complaining half the buttons on their headunit don't work anymore. I have to explain to them that nothing I do has any bearing on the functionality of the buttons on your headunit. It's just a garbage e-bay unit.

Most Excellent info! since you have handled a lot of head units do you have a suggestion, instead of the Pyle PLR27MPBU - which on paper sounds like a full featured unit!
Thanks!