Poll: Most of your music is:
  • 52.6% - Electronic files stored on a hard drive 828
  • 7.2% - Electronic files stored in the cloud 114
  • 16.4% - CDs 258
  • 11.4% - Streaming 179
  • 7.5% - On the radio 118
  • 5% - HEY WHERE'S THE OPTION FOR VIN- oh, here it is: On vinyl 78
1575 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

johnnynismo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnynismo

Spotify streaming has more than I could ever fit on my 3 terabytes worth of drives.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

One of the worst things I have done was to convert my vinyl collection to digital and donate the vinyl. Unfortunately, I could no longer store my 600+ album collection. But the bottom line was that I no longer played them.

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

It's actually on 4 hard drives (in a RAID 5) down in the basement. We stream it upstairs to the stereo system through a media PC.

Also, most of the good stuff was sync'd up to Google music so I can stream it to my phone when I need it.

Prior to all this, all my music was stored on 300+ cassette tapes. They finally got to be more of a burden than they were worth and I donated the lot of them to a local thrift shop. It was kind of a sad day in my life (I did snap some photos though).

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

natalieug

quality posts: 11 Private Messages natalieug

We still have 1000+ vinyl albums, about 200 original recording cassettes (NOT mix-tapes!), and at least 500 CDs with most of the CDs ripped onto a tera-byte server for access through whole-house iTunes. Very little is mp3 only other than the entire Billboard Top 100 collection - gotta have a hard copy to ripp off of for best sound quality.