7%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

AlekiAlonuko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlekiAlonuko

Companion Cube.. Is that you?

lichme

quality posts: 3205 Private Messages lichme

I thought this was a 2 colored Rubiks cube for the less smart. I'd be willing to pay that much for one I could solve.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3932 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

here is a very British overview from LGblogUK

[MOD: Embedded the video for you.]

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586
lichme wrote:I thought this was a 2 colored Rubiks cube for the less smart. I'd be willing to pay that much for one I could solve.

You Wish!!

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

Wubintheya

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wubintheya

This is listed on Amazon by a private seller. The Amazon description says it has Air Play and bluetooth. Here it just describes Air Play as an included feature.

Bluetooth is a big deal for me and would purchase one if this is confirmed.

Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks

mardavis13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mardavis13
Wubintheya wrote:This is listed on Amazon by a private seller. The Amazon description says it has Air Play and bluetooth. Here it just describes Air Play as an included feature.

Bluetooth is a big deal for me and would purchase one if this is confirmed.

Does anyone know for sure?

Information I found from
http://www.letlearn.org/lg-launches-nd8520-docking-speaker-for-rs-20990/

For connectivity and a wide variety of content options, the ND8520 also includes a USB port that supports MP3 and WMA playback. An FM radio is also built in, along with an alarm clock. All of these features can be controlled using the speaker’s remote control as well as LG’s Bluetooth application, which can be accessed from a smartphone.

Wubintheya

Yes, it's just for a bluetooth remote app and not for bluetooth connectivity.

I'm going to pass

blkg35sport

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blkg35sport

Here's another video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvHvCeBF0P4

I would pull the trigger for 100 shipped.

jamilkb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamilkb
blkg35sport wrote:Here's another video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvHvCeBF0P4

I would pull the trigger for 100 shipped.

His nam is Gevin....so what his Name?

cmacclel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cmacclel

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/videos/lg-launches-nd8520-docking-speaker-257489

ThunderThighs

Staff

We've double checked the specs and other sources. We've added Bluetooth to the specs based on this.

Thanks for bringing up Bluetooth.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

jlm5151

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlm5151

I can't seem to find much on how this thing actually sounds. Airplay and Bluetooth for $150 is tempting, but there just isn't enough solid feedback out there. I wanna pull the trigger, but I'll have to keep researching.

blkg35sport

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blkg35sport
cmacclel wrote:http://gadgets.ndtv.com/videos/lg-launches-nd8520-docking-speaker-257489

I thought this video stated it had an aux jack however I don't see one. Also if its Bluetooth I wonder what's the distance? I bought a ultra music wave gateway a couple years back with a 325foot range on Bluetooth which I never see ranges like that again. Only the 10 meter stuff. ; (

burhanistan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages burhanistan

Are y'all sure this has Bluetooth streaming capability? Bluetooth is not mentioned anywhere on LG's official page for this unit:

http://www.lg.com/uk/home-entertainment/lg-ND8520-hi-fi-system/technical-specifications

jza1218

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jza1218
burhanistan wrote:Are y'all sure this has Bluetooth streaming capability? Bluetooth is not mentioned anywhere on LG's official page for this unit:

http://www.lg.com/uk/home-entertainment/lg-ND8520-hi-fi-system/technical-specifications

Says Bluetooth Music Streaming on their US site

SMART SQUARE TOUCH UI
AIRPLAY COMPATIBLE
BLUETOOTH MUSIC STREAMING
BLUETOOTH REMOTE APP

http://www.lg.com/us/ipod-docking-stations/lg-ND8520

meanolthing

quality posts: 1 Private Messages meanolthing

Amazon description page indicates Bluetooth and 3.5mm audio in port, but they also misspelled "functionality". I'm tempted, wish there were some more reviews floating around.

From Amazon (US):

"The ND8520 offers big sound, and functionality, in a stylish package. The 80W sound system, with integrated woofer, will enhance your listening experience while the integrated Wi-Fi allows you to connect via AirPlay or via the included Bluetooth. Compatible with iOS devices (iPads, iPhones and iPods) the free remote app turns the ND8520 into an alarm clock with "sleep" PC LOAD LETTERntionality. Connect other audio devices to the ND8520 via the 3.5mm portable audio input."

KKadow

quality posts: 12 Private Messages KKadow

Just to confirm, the wireless router must support WPS for this dock to connect to wireless to make use of Airplay?

Does it also support any sort of manual setup for WiFi, or only WPS?

TheCheshire

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheCheshire

I'm no maid, but this thing looks like a dust collector. What's with all the protruding edges? Aren't we in the sleek future yet?

Wubintheya

I'm pretty sure the Bluetooth is JUST for the remote control app and NOT for streaming audio. Can someone from Woot double check for sure?

bytheshore

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bytheshore
lichme wrote:I thought this was a 2 colored Rubiks cube for the less smart. I'd be willing to pay that much for one I could solve.

LOL... and at first glance I thought it was a Rubik's Cube for those on the Dark Side ;-)

zandorrr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zandorrr

From LGs website [ http://www.lg.com/us/ipod-docking-stations/lg-ND8520 ] it seems like this does have bluetooth

meanolthing wrote:Amazon description page indicates Bluetooth and 3.5mm audio in port, but they also misspelled "functionality". I'm tempted, wish there were some more reviews floating around.

From Amazon (US):

"The ND8520 offers big sound, and functionality, in a stylish package. The 80W sound system, with integrated woofer, will enhance your listening experience while the integrated Wi-Fi allows you to connect via AirPlay or via the included Bluetooth. Compatible with iOS devices (iPads, iPhones and iPods) the free remote app turns the ND8520 into an alarm clock with "sleep" PC LOAD LETTERntionality. Connect other audio devices to the ND8520 via the 3.5mm portable audio input."

zandorrr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zandorrr

Video review here btw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McdIJKjMoCw

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

ABOUT BLUETOOTH PAIRING.
our buyer forwarded along instructions for pairing. he said he was able to use these instructions with success.
hopefully this will address the bluetooth-related questions we've had.

let us know if you need any further assistance!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

evilsus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evilsus

I realize that this item is sold out, but for those of you who did order one - I received mine today and the Bluetooth pairing was super easy and works really well.

PemberDucky wrote:ABOUT BLUETOOTH PAIRING.
our buyer forwarded along instructions for pairing. he said he was able to use these instructions with success.
hopefully this will address the bluetooth-related questions we've had.

let us know if you need any further assistance!

ThunderThighs

Staff

evilsus wrote:I realize that this item is sold out, but for those of you who did order one - I received mine today and the Bluetooth pairing was super easy and works really well.