WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

BenQ Monitors and Projectors

Oh yeah, we definitely remember the Shakespearean character BenQ. He was...you know...angry and stuff. In that one play about revenge or love or something. And he was, like, a lord or king. Definitely. Oh, "Banquo"? You mean the game accessory company?
BenQ official site

thegentlemangeek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thegentlemangeek

The picture for the BenQ GL2450HM does not match the picture on their website.

The picture, and what is at MLG events, is XL2420T

Can someone confirm what monitor you're getting for 159.00? Because it's not matching up.

Tristicus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tristicus

My BenQ G2400W has been running strong for years. I bought it new and it hasn't let me down once, the only issue is that I screwed up the power button so I can't turn it off without unplugging it anymore. If I had the cash I'd pick up the non 3D one easily.

soigieoto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soigieoto

Are the pictures on the two benQ monitors switched? I was looking on their site and it seems that the serial numbers don't match the corresponding picture.

I bet a few people will be upset their order doesn't match the picture they thought they were getting.

thegentlemangeek

soigieoto wrote:Are the pictures on the two benQ monitors switched? I was looking on their site and it seems that the serial numbers don't match the corresponding picture.

I bet a few people will be upset their order doesn't match the picture they thought they were getting.

They're not even switched. The serial for the 159.00$ one isn't either of those numbers. I'm waiting to hear back from Woot as well about this.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Checking!

Update: They were already on it. The images were switched. Should be fixed in just a moment.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

thegentlemangeek

ThunderThighs wrote:Checking!

Update: They were already on it. The images were switched. Should be fixed in just a moment.

cool coolcoolcool thanks.

benq

quality posts: 3 Private Messages benq

The $159 monitor is the refurbished GL2450HM, which was used at the MLG Dallas event in the Halo 4 tournaments. The more expensive XL2420T model (120Hz) was used in the demo area at the MLG tournaments on the new shooter game they had on the floor out in Dallas. Hope that helps.

thegentlemangeek wrote:The picture for the BenQ GL2450HM does not match the picture on their website.

The picture, and what is at MLG events, is XL2420T

Can someone confirm what monitor you're getting for 159.00? Because it's not matching up.

xerorequiem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xerorequiem

Love the XL2420T I own one that I got for about 400 after tax and shipping a couple months ago off benqs websitee...I want to buy another one but never seem to have luck with referbs...

eriknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eriknight

I wish this deal for the XL2420T came out sooner.. Just paid $100 more from a different site because I couldn't find it cheaper this past weekend. Wah D: ... I think I might snag one up anyway.

StupidN00bie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StupidN00bie

What is the refresh rates on the monitors? I've heard good things about a 120 Hz refresh, and I'm looking to give one a try.

temporarilyidle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages temporarilyidle
StupidN00bie wrote:What is the refresh rates on the monitors? I've heard good things about a 120 Hz refresh, and I'm looking to give one a try.

From what I have researched the XL2420T has 120 hz refresh, while the GL2450HM isn't quite as low as the usual 60 hz.

Vertical refresh rate: 76 KHz
Horizontal refresh rate: 83 Hz

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/tft-monitor/benq-gl2450hm/details/

temporarilyidle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages temporarilyidle

I'm totally gonna get one, but I have never purchased any refurbished electronics from woot before.

How does the warranty work? I read in the description that it is Benq's warranty. But, I read on Benq's website that their warranty only covers items purchased from their own website. Maybe that was for that specific warranty.

I just wanna make sure if it dies in a month I didn't waste that money. I mean, it's not like using it lends even a chance to neglect, the only wear and tear that exists is the thing just crapping out.

Anybody have experience with woot refurb electronics before that may have some helpful insight? Thanks!

ThunderThighs

Staff

temporarilyidle wrote:I'm totally gonna get one, but I have never purchased any refurbished electronics from woot before.

How does the warranty work? I read in the description that it is Benq's warranty. But, I read on Benq's website that their warranty only covers items purchased from their own website. Maybe that was for that specific warranty.

I just wanna make sure if it dies in a month I didn't waste that money. I mean, it's not like using it lends even a chance to neglect, the only wear and tear that exists is the thing just crapping out.

Anybody have experience with woot refurb electronics before that may have some helpful insight? Thanks!

BenQ will honor the warranty. As you can see above, one of their reps was in the thread answering questions. We are selling these through an agreement with BenQ.

However, should you encounter problems, contact support@woot.com and they'll assist you.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

benq

quality posts: 3 Private Messages benq

The warranty is the same when you purchase from Woot as if you had purchased the refurbished product directly from BenQ. The monitors themselves have about three days of use on them from the MLG tournament.

temporarilyidle wrote:I'm totally gonna get one, but I have never purchased any refurbished electronics from woot before.

jumon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jumon
benq wrote:The warranty is the same when you purchase from Woot as if you had purchased the refurbished product directly from BenQ. The monitors themselves have about three days of use on them from the MLG tournament.

Ok, if you still have a spare or two you missed, I'd still love to buy one.

war6763

quality posts: 0 Private Messages war6763

Newegg definitely has the same monitor for $10 less, no tax, new, and free shipping!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

war6763 wrote:Newegg definitely has the same monitor for $10 less, no tax, new, and free shipping!

link?

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

nb109

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nb109
war6763 wrote:Newegg definitely has the same monitor for $10 less, no tax, new, and free shipping!

They XL2420T is out of stock and costs $389.99 on NewEgg. $8.99 shipping. They don't have GL2450HM at all.

afterburn2600

quality posts: 3 Private Messages afterburn2600

I can't buy 3 for my wrap-around sim gaming

Was so tempting.

nleksan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nleksan

Honestly, the picture quality of these monitors is HORRIBLE! For the money, you're FAR better off getting a Dell U2312HM, U2412HM, or similar. 120hz is not worth the horrific picture quality, especially when you enable their "gaming modes"; all it does is make the entire image look blown-out, which sure might help you the half-dozen times you'll ever be completely dependent upon your ability to see in the dark with a monitor....but for the other 99.99999999% of the time, you'll get a picture with a washed-out gamut.

Oh, and input lag on this is incredibly mediocre, in fact it's WORSE THAN my U2312HM eIPS monitor! It's also worse than the U2713HM, and about the same as the U2713H that I just got.
Using my trusty P1230 UltraScan 22" CRT (2048x1536 @ 95hz) and a high-speed camera (shoots 2560x1440p 24bit @ 960fps, 2560x1440p 36bit/48bit @ 480fps, 1920x1080 48bit @ 1200fps! I used the 1080p 48bit-color 1200fps shooting mode) hooked up directly to an external HDD Enclosure (up to 8xHDD's) with a pair of WD10EZEX 1TB Single-Platter HDD's in RAID0 (328MB/sec avg speed, 12.2ms avg Seek).

*I do monitor reviews for a number of review sites*

The BenQ has ~11.9ms MINIMUM INPUT LAG and 48ms MAXIMUM, with the average coming in at around 23.5ms!!!
The U2312HM, on the other hand, averages about 3.5ms!!!
(One Frame at 60FPS = 16.67ms, while One Frame at 120FPS/HZ = 8.34ms)
Therefore, it will take anywhere from 2-6 frames for your input to register with the BenQ, but with the Dell it will register immediately on the next frame (82.5% of the time)...

stiege

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stiege

How bout the gl as an everyday monitor with my three yo MacBook Pro?

nukem1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nukem1

I MISSED IT!!!! CRAP!!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

nukem1 wrote:I MISSED IT!!!! CRAP!!!!

Have you seen this thread?

It lists all the Plus sales in one place and is updated daily (when there are new Plus sales).

Bookmark it.