9%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

The folks in that picture will definitely need a Harmony remote.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

theguruguys wrote:The folks in that picture will definitely need a Harmony remote.

They remind of those greeting cards with the old folks on 'em.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

theguruguys

LOL. I wonder if the bluetooth with interface with their hearing aids?

lichme

quality posts: 3021 Private Messages lichme

Is any special hardware needed to mount TV's that have an attached soundbar?

tbgolladay

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tbgolladay
lichme wrote:Is any special hardware needed to mount TV's that have an attached soundbar?

Doesn't look to me like the soundbar attaches to the TV. In the first picture it's just sitting on the stand for the TV. The TV stand isn't typically used when wall mounting a TV.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Oops, Conan, deleted the link because I thought the model number was wrong. My bad. Please repost.

conanthelibrarian wrote:Did a quick check on just the TV and people seem to like it (4.0 out of 5.0) over at newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889211004

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jmeineke

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jmeineke

Also not on par with Full Array LED

Direct-lit LED backlights are an offshoot of full-array backlighting, in that they use LEDs spread across the entire back panel of the TV. (The TV's spec page may just refer to these TVs as having a full-array backlight.) However, there are a few key differences compared to the more expensive full-array LED sets we've tested previously. One is that they use significantly fewer LEDs across the back of the panel. Another is that these sets lack the local dimming feature.

http://news.consumerreports.org/electronics/2012/05/what-is-a-direct-lit-led-lcd-tv.html

Was on sale at newegg for 299 in january.
TV
http://myaffinity.us/?product=affinity-39%E2%80%B3-led-hdtv

[MOD: TV only, no soundbar]

Soundbar
"http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Affinity+-+2.1-Channel+Soundbar+with+Subwoofer/7008986.p;jsessionid=2B3EC608ADA51A7C38525DE52F6B0BF1.bbolsp-app02-17?id=1218821196540&skuId=7008986&st=sbx600&cp=1&lp=1"

http://myaffinity.us/?product=bluetooth-audio-sound-tower

jptraub

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jptraub

No special mounting needed, as you can put the sound bar in front of the TV or even behind, if the TV sets on a table.

jptraub

[quote postid="5341858" user="jptraub"]No special mounting needed, as you can put the sound bar in front of the TV or even behind, if the TV sets on a table.

The New EGG deal did not include the $149.00 sound bar!

Phillystyle

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Phillystyle
jptraub wrote:The New EGG deal did not include the $149.00 sound bar!

1000:1 Contrast ratio?

Then it looks like you're buying a $399 sound bar.

jptraub

Phillystyle wrote:1000:1 Contrast ratio?

I work with Affinity and will be happy to answer any questions...

Mojo691

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mojo691
theguruguys wrote:LOL. I wonder if the bluetooth with interface with their hearing aids?

I would love to see an edited version of those folks with an Xbox or PS3 controller in Grammeemaw's hands, and maybe a Move or Wii controller sticking out of Pop's right hand..."Dang it Beatrice, It's my turn already!"

saltone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages saltone
jptraub wrote:I work with Affinity and will be happy to answer any questions...

Is this any good?

"What the hell are we doing fighting government, let's become government and we can then take whatever we want!".
Al Capone

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear
ThunderThighs wrote:Oops, Conan, deleted the link because I thought the model number was wrong. My bad. Please repost.

TT I think it is time for Us to chip in and get you some new glasses or A screen cleaner. But we still luvs ya

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

kyoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kyoo

I'm slightly interested in this TV.. but really only because of the width.. it is just perfect for my 36" wide TV cabinet in my bedroom.

But Affinity? What's that? I looked through my Dish Network remote control guide and there is no Affinity code.. I googled it.. is Affinity a rebranded Emerson? Emerson was crap, too.. so this has me thinking that this may be a really bad idea to purchase this thing..

Why does it require two remotes?

Does anyone have any review videos or whatnot of that soundbar and how it works with iPhones over bluetooth, etc... ?

ThunderThighs

Staff

Denimbear wrote:TT I think it is time for Us to chip in and get you some new glasses or A screen cleaner. But we still luvs ya

I HAZ GLASSES! The model number on the TV was hiding on me, I swear!

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

Welcome and thanks for joining us! We love it when reps chime in to answer questions.

FORUM MODERATOR

rjwerkema

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjwerkema

so how would you use this with Dish, as there do not seem to be codes for it?

drau92mk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drau92mk

What kind of inputs & outputs does the sound bar have? I'm in the market for a soundbar for a kids "cinema" at church, but optical audio will do me no good. Ideally, it needs to have an HDMI input & an output. The DVD player I have to work with doesn't have an optical output but it does have HDMI, plus the projector has HDMI input but not optical audio output.
UPDATE: Aah, I'm gonna answer myself (looked it up on some egghead site)... it has 2 x RCA (left/right analog), 1 x 3.5mm stereo minijack

kcpiusa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kcpiusa
rjwerkema wrote:so how would you use this with Dish, as there do not seem to be codes for it?

If you have a learning universal remote, it will source the code and find it.

Currently, Affinity is working with manufactures to have these codes available.

kcpiusa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kcpiusa
Phillystyle wrote:1000:1 Contrast ratio?

1,000:1 is the actual native contrast ratio. Measurements of dynamic contrast ratio is subjective to how it is measured and advertised. We are providing the actual specification of the television.

ThunderThighs

Staff

PRICE REDUCED

Note that we've lowered the price to $359.99.

If you purchased before this price drop, you will be refunded the difference automagically.

Now go buy 3.

FORUM MODERATOR

lansburge

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lansburge

Yes, Woot posted "The experts say: the 1000:1 contrast ration provides deep blacks." Who are these so called experts who think 1000:1 contrasts are good for deep blacks? I think that contrst number is missing a few zeros for it to be accurate. 1000:1 contrast certainly doesn't compare to the quality that average tv's today spec to.

theguruguys

kcpiusa wrote:1,000:1 is the actual native contrast ratio. Measurements of dynamic contrast ratio is subjective to how it is measured and advertised. We are providing the actual specification of the television.

It's nice that your company doesn't try to push insane contrast numbers for marketing purposes, with that being said how did you come up with 1000:1 as your native ratio (How was it measured?). Is this the ANSI contrast ratio or Full On/Off?

theguruguys

lansburge wrote:Yes, Woot posted "The experts say: the 1000:1 contrast ration provides deep blacks." Who are these so called experts who think 1000:1 contrasts are good for deep blacks? I think that contrst number is missing a few zeros for it to be accurate. 1000:1 contrast certainly doesn't compare to the quality that average tv's today spec to.

As he replied, they are using native contrast, not dynamic. The reality is contrast ratio should have never been used as one of the marketing 'selling points' for TV's. Most companies don't measure it with any standard, few use ANSI measurements and even then those are rarely checked by a third party. There are other important factors like viewing angle, ability to hold black on black, etc that also come into play.

Don't let a 1000:1 contrast ratio turn you away from this set, don't let a 50,000:1 contrast ratio sell you a set...

kyoo

ThunderThighs wrote:PRICE REDUCED

Note that we've lowered the price to $359.99.

Drop the Texas Sales Tax, and I'm in..

kyoo

How does the audio signal get from the TV to the soundbar? From reading the specs, I only see analog audio L/R as a capability that is shared between the two devices.

If that's true, what a sham!

jandrese

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jandrese
kyoo wrote:How does the audio signal get from the TV to the soundbar? From reading the specs, I only see analog audio L/R as a capability that is shared between the two devices.

If that's true, what a sham!

I'm confused by your post. How is Analog Audio L/R not audio from the TV to the Soundbar? Presumably it goes over Bluetooth.

kyoo

jandrese wrote:I'm confused by your post. How is Analog Audio L/R not audio from the TV to the Soundbar? Presumably it goes over Bluetooth.

I apologize for my confusing sentence. The Soundbar supports bluetooth, but it doesn't say that the TV supports it. The only audio transmittal method that both the TV and soundbar have in common is Analog L/R audio..

Am I missing something?

jumon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jumon
kyoo wrote:Drop the Texas Sales Tax, and I'm in..

Well, tax sucks no matter how you space it. ;)

kyoo

the pictures make the soundbar look wider than the TV.. is that just an illusion? the specs say it is identically wide..

35.4"

Is that accurate?

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear
ThunderThighs wrote:I HAZ GLASSES! The model number on the TV was hiding on me, I swear!

lol I hear you TT. I do too but some days Mine don't work either ;)

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

ThunderThighs

Staff

kyoo wrote:Drop the Texas Sales Tax, and I'm in..

Write your state representatives. When they agree to drop the requirement, we'll be right on board.

FORUM MODERATOR

archerman2000

quality posts: 8 Private Messages archerman2000
jandrese wrote:I'm confused by your post. How is Analog Audio L/R not audio from the TV to the Soundbar? Presumably it goes over Bluetooth.

Thinking it is like my sound bar, physically hooks to the TV through L/R and has the ability to connect devices to it via BT... rep?

kyoo

Well, for future sales of this thing, I wanted to mention a few things.

The sound bar sits on its own pedestal out front of the TV.. The sound bar connects via analog L/R audio cables to the TV.. I used the headphone jack on the TV, actually, as that is the cable that came with the sound bar..

One issue I've had is that the TV sits too low behind the sound bar.. so the sound bar ends up blocking the IR sensor on the TV. I had to build a stand for the TV to raise it up further.. I now have the TV raised up about 4-4.5" on a wood platform.

My tried to find IR codes that worked for this Affinity equipment; but my Dish 6.2 IR/UHF remote did not have the codes for Affinity. I tried scanning; but nothing worked.

The sound bar Bluetooth can only pair with one device at a time. That is pretty limiting.

You can't lower the volume enough on the sound bar, in my opinion, to make it quiet enough. I wanted to watch something while my wife slept.. but that doesn't seem to be possible.. maybe I'll have to run headphones or something. I haven't tried just using the TV's speakers for that, yet. To do so, I'd have to unplug the headphone jack that goes to the sound bar.