zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3695 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Lots and lots of reviews (3.9 stars out of 5.0) over at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/External-Protective-Battery-iPhone-Models/dp/B00409E4JK

lichme

quality posts: 3059 Private Messages lichme

Got one of these in a Big Office Cubicles before. The fit is nice, and it isn't a flimsy quality like you may expect. Rarely need the extra battery, but when I do, it comes in handy.

broderya

quality posts: 17 Private Messages broderya

Great price and apart from being a little bulky, this is a solid case.

sodalite

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sodalite

i love my unu! i have two from woot!. i have this one (1700 mAh) and one with more back up charge (2400 mAh). both are about the same size, but the second is considerably heavier.

this one is better quality. the top piece firmly clicks into place and does not come off when dropped, not that anyone ever drops their phone.

battery cases are awesome when you use energy sucking apps, like ones that use GPS. when i ride my bike for hours, i like to track it on mapmyride and strava. this would not be possible without extra battery life.

kdbrich

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kdbrich

Got one last time for this price. Per a review on amazon I just leave the phone in it and charge both each night. The charge lasts all day then. Nice side effect is that instead of needing apple charge cords you charge the case with a micro USB....which is pretty much universal.

chadpgmail

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chadpgmail

Bought 3 in black last woot to replace a pair of $90+ cases from Mofi I think as both were cracked on the edges and these are solid fit, feel good and I use the battery 3-4 times a week as sprint and poor reception chew through it. Might grab another 3 as someone already took my last :-)

robertcolson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robertcolson

I just tried to buy one. Placed the order and the busy wheel went round and round. When it stopped...blank page.

How do I tell if the order went through? It's not (yet) listed on the stuff you bought page.

Answer: No confirmation screen and email, no order. Had to start over.

pitbullownr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pitbullownr

This is a very sturdy case. My last one took so many trips to the ground a wire inside broke. But no damage to the phone. Don't buy white, it causes your pics to wash out a little. I had to take a sharpie and color the edges black, that fixes it.

nedlug3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nedlug3

I have them in both white and black and never use the white one because its slippery. The gloss finish is hard to hold onto. My wife dropped her phone on a tile floor and broke the screen. The black one has a completely different texture and feels solid in your hand.

chrispdunning

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrispdunning

I'll probably buy this, unless someone can point me to a battery case with a 30 pin pass through so I can still use my 30 pin accessories with it on.

kschoenberg

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kschoenberg

I'm calling for a moratorium on Woot for all iPhone cases.

f00l

quality posts: 1 Private Messages f00l

Can this case be used with an Ipod Touch 4th generation? Anyone know? Thx!

sealag

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sealag
f00l wrote:Can this case be used with an Ipod Touch 4th generation? Anyone know? Thx!

Ipod touches are much slimmer/thinner than iPhones, so no it will not fit in that regard. The pin connection would work, but the case would not be form fitting at all.

All who wander are not lost.

sealag

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sealag

For those that own these - How easy can you get the phone in/out for use of 30-pin connection accessories?

All who wander are not lost.

jkb1200s

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkb1200s

Picked this up for my wife last time Woot had it. She was a die-hard Otterbox user but retired that when she tried this one. It has a great texture and she's used the battery many times already. Can't wait for the one for my iPhone 5 to ship on Feb 28.

jkb

jkb1200s

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkb1200s
sealag wrote:For those that own these - How easy can you get the phone in/out for use of 30-pin connection accessories?

Much easier than the Otterbox, not bad at all.

jkb

pamlovesgreg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pamlovesgreg
sealag wrote:For those that own these - How easy can you get the phone in/out for use of 30-pin connection accessories?

I bought one fom Woot last year and its really eay to get out. I have RA pretty badin my hands n I'm still able to remove it with ease. You won't regret the purchase.

muse7mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages muse7mom
nedlug3 wrote:I have them in both white and black and never use the white one because its slippery. The gloss finish is hard to hold onto. My wife dropped her phone on a tile floor and broke the screen. The black one has a completely different texture and feels solid in your hand.

This is a very helpful thing to know. Can't exactly tell from the photo but I think I'm ordering the black just based on this review!

jagarrou

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jagarrou

I have an iPhone 4 with a slim but sturdy case on it that I will never be able to get off. What do y'all thingk - Will the phone+case fit inside this thing? Thanks!

BayouVoodoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BayouVoodoo

I've been through two Mophie cases in the last year because the micro-usb port on them seems to be flimsy and easy to break. Is the port on these any sturdier?

Four wheels move the body; two wheels move the soul.

Screemy1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Screemy1

Very easy to take off, easier then my otter case.... I love this case....

11/18/2007 Micro Remote Control Helicopter 3
3/26/2007 Dyson DC07 Low Reach Vacuum 1
3/23/2007 iRiver U10 512MB Multimedia Player with FM Tuner & 2.2" LCD 1
3/22/2007 Kensington Flylight 3.0 USB Notebook Light 1
2/23/2007 HANNspree 32 inch Widescreen LCD HDTV 1

RWallmow

quality posts: 3 Private Messages RWallmow

Bought one of these last time, love it to death. With the apps I use and my sprint service my phone would be dead by about 2-3pm without this, now I can get all the way to bedtime without charging and still have about 30-40% left on the phone.

Not quite the protection of an Otterbox, but its a lot smaller than one of the super tough ones ;-)

RenoDavid

quality posts: 3 Private Messages RenoDavid
jagarrou wrote:I have an iPhone 4 with a slim but sturdy case on it that I will never be able to get off. What do y'all thingk - Will the phone+case fit inside this thing? Thanks!

No, it's a tight fit.

kdewaal69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdewaal69

Good case, just very annoying that the case charger is not the same as a iPhone charger so you have to use the charger it came with to charge your phone. Unless you take the case off and charge it.